Mr. P
01-14-2007, 11:11 PM
Should it be a National holiday?

Why or why not.

Gunny
01-14-2007, 11:46 PM

Why or why not.

No. I don't see that he accomplished anything worthy of a Federal holiday in his honor.

Gaffer
01-15-2007, 12:03 AM
No, I feel the same way as Gunny.

5stringJeff
01-15-2007, 04:19 PM
Ditto. He certainly had a great cause (equal rights for all races) but I don't think MLK Day ought to be a federal holiday.

manu1959
01-15-2007, 05:40 PM

Why or why not.

if there is presidents day

then MLK day should include eli whitney, medgar evers and malcom x and be called important black man day

Pale Rider
01-15-2007, 05:57 PM
Don't hold this against me, but, I am going to repeat this because I thought it was funny... I worked with a guy that said, "if I knew I'd get a paid day off work for killing a ni@@er, I'd kill a couple more". Now I was working in a Supermaxium security prison at the time, and my life was threatened daily by blacks in there, so yeah, I thought it was funny.

But, I don't believe anyone should be killed just for their opinion, although I might like to kill some for it, I don't believe should die for it. So even though I don't think MLK should have been killed, I also don't think he did anything that warrants a national holiday in his honor. He was an adulterer and womanizer.

MtnBiker
01-15-2007, 07:59 PM
CY2007 National Holidays
United States

January 1, 2007 - New Year's Day

January 15, 2007 - Martin Luther King, Jr.'s birthday (observed)

February 19, 2007 - President's Day

May 28, 2007 - Memorial Day (observed)

June 14, 2007 - Flag Day

July 4, 2007 - Independence Day

September 3, 2007 - Labor Day

November 11, 2007 - Veteran's Day

November 22, 2007 - Thanksgiving

December 25, 2007 - Christmas

http://www3.kumc.edu/diversity/national/national.html

Isn't it ironic that a man who preached about equality for all is the only person that has a Holiday dedicated for one.

Mr. P
01-15-2007, 08:23 PM

then MLK day should include eli whitney, medgar evers and malcom x and be called important black man day

Or….Rosa Parks, the Tuskegee Airmen (take a peek at their history), so many did way more than MLK IMO. But back to today, I feel the same as everyone else that posted. This shouldn't be a National holiday.

Hugh Lincoln
01-15-2007, 08:26 PM
Isn't it ironic that a man who preached about equality for all is the only person that has a Holiday dedicated for one.

Right up there with Jesus... the only other holiday dedicated to a single person/God.

King was an advocate for blacks, and blacks alone. He cannot be seriously said to have cared about 'equality' because he supported affirmative action. Nobody can credibly argue that King gave two craps about Chinese in San Francisco, Mexicans in San Antonio, Jews in France or whites ANYWHERE.

YouTube fun:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pzj0fWYZSi0&mode=related&search=

Slavery was wrong, no doubt about it. But as this video shows, blacks aren't the equals of whites. They are a race of children. That's why equality won't happen, and why the attempt to force it by law results in criminal absurdity. Decency doesn't require that we live together, it requires that we live APART. Life with blacks is nothing but an undending series of lies. Lies whites tell themselves, lie blacks tell themselves, lies we tell each other. The truth is that we are just different. We think differently, speak differently, act differently. This isn't the fault of whites or blacks. It's just how it is. Our failure to accept this has resulted in waste, frustration, cynicism, death and destruction. It's got to stop.

dirt mcgirt
01-15-2007, 08:26 PM
He was an adulterer and womanizer.
Man, you are going to hate Bill Clinton Day once Hillary takes office. :D

dirt mcgirt
01-15-2007, 08:29 PM
I disagree. Martin Luther King is pretty much the face of the civil rights movement. His life is symbolic for an important time period in American history. When analyzing every historical figure, no one person is going to stand up to scrutiny and meet a single person's moral standard, whether that be JFK, Abraham Lincoln, Martin Luther King, or Mother Teresa. I kind of look at MLK Day as a day to recognize and celebrate desegregation, civil rights, and equality.

So if not MLK, then whom? Are there any other American historical figures that deserve a holiday?

dirt mcgirt
01-15-2007, 08:35 PM
CY2007 National Holidays
United States

January 1, 2007 - New Year's Day

January 15, 2007 - Martin Luther King, Jr.'s birthday (observed)

February 19, 2007 - President's Day

May 28, 2007 - Memorial Day (observed)

June 14, 2007 - Flag Day

July 4, 2007 - Independence Day

September 3, 2007 - Labor Day

November 11, 2007 - Veteran's Day

November 22, 2007 - Thanksgiving

December 25, 2007 - Christmas

http://www3.kumc.edu/diversity/national/national.html

What about Columbus Day?

Mr. P
01-15-2007, 08:52 PM
Right up there with Jesus... the only other holiday dedicated to a single person/God.

King was an advocate for blacks, and blacks alone. He cannot be seriously said to have cared about 'equality' because he supported affirmative action. Nobody can credibly argue that King gave two craps about Chinese in San Francisco, Mexicans in San Antonio, Jews in France or whites ANYWHERE.

YouTube fun:

Slavery was wrong, no doubt about it. But as this video shows, blacks aren't the equals of whites. They are a race of children. That's why equality won't happen, and why the attempt to force it by law results in criminal absurdity. Decency doesn't require that we live together, it requires that we live APART. Life with blacks is nothing but an undending series of lies. Lies whites tell themselves, lie blacks tell themselves, lies we tell each other. The truth is that we are just different. We think differently, speak differently, act differently. This isn't the fault of whites or blacks. It's just how it is. Our failure to accept this has resulted in waste, frustration, cynicism, death and destruction. It's got to stop.

Looks just like ATLANTA after dark!

EXCELLENT VIDEO find! But it ain't gonna stop. Not in the South anyway. The majority of blacks here (in urban areas) are just as you saw in the video.

manu1959
01-15-2007, 08:55 PM
What about Columbus Day?

indigenous peoples day in the bay area....can't celebrate Italians giving the Indians syphilis

Mr. P
01-15-2007, 09:19 PM
I disagree. Martin Luther King is pretty much the face of the civil rights movement. His life is symbolic for an important time period in American history. When analyzing every historical figure, no one person is going to stand up to scrutiny and meet a single person's moral standard, whether that be JFK, Abraham Lincoln, Martin Luther King, or Mother Teresa. I kind of look at MLK Day as a day to recognize and celebrate desegregation, civil rights, and equality.

So if not MLK, then whom? Are there any other American historical figures that deserve a holiday?

Sure, Ron Reagan. He signed the MLK deal (although he was against it) , restored the Country to prosperity after J Carter single handily put us in the economic shiter, and ENDED the cold war with the USSR and got the Berlin wall torn down.

But then I guess he’s covered in Presidents day. Sad.

Bubbalicious
01-15-2007, 10:09 PM
YouTube fun:

Slavery was wrong, no doubt about it. But as this video shows, blacks aren't the equals of whites. They are a race of children.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ZAra5gXItI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GLR1On8_fnI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SD8pX8JWx_g

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O9jf00qXk2w

Oh that is fun. Weeeee! :laugh:

01-15-2007, 10:10 PM
MLK day isn't a holiday because of anything the civil rights movement did. Its a holiday because the ski resort lobby needed an extra three day weekend between New Years and Valentines to get people up at the resorts.

As for his dream itself, I think its a noble dream. I see no reason to treat people differently because of race. With that said, it is rather disappointing that he never fully lived his dream himself.

We are all children of the same God, I see no reason to judge each other on anything, but the merits of our actions.

Gunny
01-15-2007, 10:15 PM

If you want to celebrate desegregation, civil rights and equality, then it should be LBJ Day. King WAS all you said, but LBJ signed the Civil Rights Act of 1964; which, was initiated by JFK, and sent the FBI after the Klan.

Pale Rider
01-15-2007, 10:16 PM
Man, you are going to hate Bill Clinton Day once Hillary takes office. :D

Hitlery doesn't have to take any office for me to hate Bubba.

The ClayTaurus
01-15-2007, 10:31 PM
This thread is saddening.

Pale Rider
01-15-2007, 10:35 PM
This thread is saddening.

Why?

The ClayTaurus
01-15-2007, 10:41 PM
Why?For showing an all around dark side of humanity, on many levels.

Pale Rider
01-15-2007, 10:42 PM
For showing an all around dark side of humanity, on many levels.

I guess I just don't see it.

I see reality.

The ClayTaurus
01-15-2007, 10:45 PM

I see reality.Ok.

jillian
01-15-2007, 10:53 PM

I see reality.

Maybe I can explain it a bit. Martin Luther King, Jr. did more to advance the cause of human rights and civil liberties than any individual... well, ever, as far as I can see. He did it peacefully and prayerfully and was murdered for it by people who hated his cause. His having a national holiday is a promise of equality and a recognition of greatness and also of the fact that black people have achieved equal (or somewhat equal) status. We have a holiday to honor Christopher Columbus who did terrible, vile things, yet no one questions that. There are holidays honoring all other kinds of things and no one questions them. Yet, when it comes to Martin Luther King, Jr., suddenly there's all this talk about whether a holiday is justified. That can only be for one reason, and that's the color of his skin and the cause he stood for. I don't think it's intentional on the part of the people questioning, since I think, for most, it is well-intentioned, or they believe it is. It is sad, though.

I hope that says it in a nutshell.

MtnBiker
01-15-2007, 11:09 PM

Ah ha, I'm glad to see someone believes that the Christmas Holiday is about Jesus.

Gunny
01-15-2007, 11:18 PM
Maybe I can explain it a bit. Martin Luther King, Jr. did more to advance the cause of human rights and civil liberties than any individual... well, ever, as far as I can see. He did it peacefully and prayerfully and was murdered for it by people who hated his cause. His having a national holiday is a promise of equality and a recognition of greatness and also of the fact that black people have achieved equal (or somewhat equal) status. We have a holiday to honor Christopher Columbus who did terrible, vile things, yet no one questions that. There are holidays honoring all other kinds of things and no one questions them. Yet, when it comes to Martin Luther King, Jr., suddenly there's all this talk about whether a holiday is justified. That can only be for one reason, and that's the color of his skin and the cause he stood for. I don't think it's intentional on the part of the people questioning, since I think, for most, it is well-intentioned, or they believe it is. It is sad, though.

Columbus Day is not a Federal holiday.

How does having a Federal holiday named after MLK show anyone they have achieved equality when there is no corresponding holiday named after a white man because he was white?

MLK was the voice of a cause. So have been plenty of people who don't have holidays named for them. As was pointed out, no other holiday is named for an individual except Christmas. The rest are named after historical events, or are all-encompassing such as President's Day; which used to be Washington's birthday in Jan and Lincoln's in Feb that were subsequently lumped into one day.

So I just don't see it, and it has nothing to do with racism and everything to do with what he actually accomplished.

MtnBiker
01-15-2007, 11:23 PM
As was pointed out, no other holiday is named for an individual except Christmas.

True enough, however the Christ in Christmas is being very much diminished.

MtnBiker
01-15-2007, 11:27 PM

Hold the presses!

USPS Calander

2007 Holiday Closing Schedule:

Monday, January 1 - New Year's Day
Monday, January 15 - Martin Luther King Jr's Birthday
Monday, February 19 - Washington's Birthday (President's Day)
Monday, May 28 - Memorial Day
Wednesday, July 4 - Independence Day
Monday, September 3 - Labor Day
Monday, October 8 - Columbus Day
Monday, November 12 - Veterans Day Observed
Thursday, November 22 - Thanksgiving Day
Tuesday, December 25 - Christmas Day
Tuesday, January 1, 2008 - New Year's Day

http://www.usps.com/communications/news/uspscalendar.htm

and

http://www.opm.gov/fedhol/2007.asp

Gunny
01-15-2007, 11:32 PM

I agree Christmas has been dilluted to a bunch of different people celebrating different things, but it's STILL named after Him .... Christ's Mass. However it was originally a pagan holiday celebrating the winter solstice (Dec 21st), IIRC.

I just think in the big scheme of things, there are plenty of people who have done as much or more than MLK who don't have a holiday named after them.

Then there's the fact that next month is Black History Month. We need to take all these (Insert Ethnic Minority Here) History Months and make them all "American History Month."

Gunny
01-15-2007, 11:35 PM
Hold the presses!

http://www.usps.com/communications/news/uspscalendar.htm

and

That's just wrong. I never got Columbus Day off in the Marines, and I damned-sure don't now.

I stand corrected. And I don't think there should be a holiday named after him either.;)

Pale Rider
01-15-2007, 11:38 PM

I just think you heap more praise on him than he deserves.

Gunny
01-15-2007, 11:42 PM

I think you're just displaying your latent racist qualities.;)

jillian
01-15-2007, 11:47 PM

I understand that. But imagine being black in this country and feeling that even the best among you couldn't get that type of recognition. The thing about Martin Luther King is that no one since has articulated his cause as well. If it weren't for him, maybe people like LBJ wouldn't have felt shamed by the status quo that existed at the time. Maybe if he were still alive charletans and pretenders like Al Sharpton wouldn't have a voice.

Gunny
01-15-2007, 11:52 PM
I understand that. But imagine being black in this country and feeling that even the best among you couldn't get that type of recognition. The thing about Martin Luther King is that no one since has articulated his cause as well. If it weren't for him, maybe people like LBJ wouldn't have felt shamed by the status quo that existed at the time. Maybe if he were still alive charletans and pretenders like Al Sharpton wouldn't have a voice.

Perhaps people such as Kennedy and LBJ were not mitivated by same and more motivated by doing the right thing?

jillian
01-16-2007, 12:02 AM
Perhaps people such as Kennedy and LBJ were not mitivated by same and more motivated by doing the right thing?

I absolutely believe they were trying to do the right thing, particularly LBJ on that issue. But that doesn't diminish King's contributions.

Gunny
01-16-2007, 12:14 AM
I absolutely believe they were trying to do the right thing, particularly LBJ on that issue. But that doesn't diminish King's contributions.

I don't think anyone here is trying to diminish his contributions. His contributions are what they are. Trying to diminish OR exaggerate them in any way only does disservice to who and what he actually was. IMO, his accomplishments are greatly exaggerated because he was murdered. That is his greatest legacy, and that his image was used as a symbol of racial equality since.

When you separate the man from the myth, his name accomplished more after his death than he ever did in life.

jillian
01-16-2007, 12:17 AM
I don't think anyone here is trying to diminish his contributions. His contributions are what they are. Trying to diminish OR exaggerate them in any way only does disservice to who and what he actually was. IMO, his accomplishments are greatly exaggerated because he was murdered. That is his greatest legacy, and that his image was used as a symbol of racial equality since.

When you separate the man from the myth, his name accomplished more after his death than he ever did in life.

I don't know. I only know what I've been told about him and I know my mom always said she got the first migraine she ever had on the night he was murdered because she got so upset.

As for being greater in death, one could say the same about Jesus, too. It doesn't diminish his contributions either. And I'm not saying that to be glib. I'm saying that because often there are people who are larger in death than they were in life. Personally, I don't think King was one of those, but again, doesn't diminish or exaggerate his contributions, I think.

manu1959
01-16-2007, 12:21 AM

jfk accomplishments are greatly exaggerated because he was murdered. That is his greatest legacy

as fo mlk .... he did a lot of white women....maybe he should have his own day

Mr. P
01-16-2007, 12:24 AM
MLK was the leader of a movement, he became the figurehead. He didn’t start the movement but to his credit did grab the Raines and moved it forward. He was in the right place at the right time. Hundreds of others were behind and around him. He didn’t do anything individually extraordinary really, IMO. Tis why I don’t think the National holiday in his name is appropriate.

Bubbalicious
01-16-2007, 12:34 AM

I'm not sure I agree that MLK articulated the case for civil rights better than anyone before or since. He was great, but Malcolm X and Fredrick Douglass were also pretty eloquent. A lot of people took some really huge risks without making any big speeches too. The Little Rock Nine, for example.
I think MLK struck the right chord at the right time and became a national symbol. And I think that's okay for now, but maybe eventually other historic civil rights figures will gain more recognition and MLK Day will morph into something like Civil Rights Day. Or not. Whatever. We'll see.

manu1959
01-16-2007, 12:37 AM
I'm not sure I agree that MLK articulated the case for civil rights better than anyone before or since. He was great, but Malcolm X and Fredrick Douglass were also pretty eloquent. A lot of people took some really huge risks without making any big speeches too. The Little Rock Nine, for example.
I think MLK struck the right chord at the right time and became a national symbol. And I think that's okay for now, but maybe eventually other historic civil rights figures will gain more recognition and MLK Day will morph into something like Civil Rights Day. Or not. Whatever. We'll see.

http://www.olemiss.edu/depts/english/ms-writers/dir/evers_medgar/

he was the man....civil rights day is a good call

Mr. P
01-16-2007, 12:46 AM
http://www.olemiss.edu/depts/english/ms-writers/dir/evers_medgar/

he was the man....civil rights day is a good call

I can accept a 'civil rights day' sorta like 'Juneteenth' in Texas but National.

Bubbalicious
01-16-2007, 12:49 AM
I can accept a 'civil rights day' sorta like 'Juneteenth' in Texas but National.

Why not? Civil rights is universal.

Mr. P
01-16-2007, 12:52 AM

Why not what?

jillian
01-16-2007, 12:54 AM

I always say that the demands of the radicals make the demands of the moderates possible. But Malcolm X scared white folk. He didn't make them feel that what he wanted was equality. MLK did hit the right note. But that was also becasue the things he did to illustrate his point were perfectly tuned and perfectly time.

I say give the guy his kudos. If someone else deserves to be honored, honor them, too.

Anyway, off to sleep for me. Laterz!

The ClayTaurus
01-16-2007, 12:55 AM
I think MLK struck the right chord at the right time and became a national symbol. And I think that's okay for now, but maybe eventually other historic civil rights figures will gain more recognition and MLK Day will morph into something like Civil Rights Day. Or not. Whatever. We'll see.Malcom X was a separtist.

manu1959
01-16-2007, 12:57 AM

so busy trying to be right once again you are not correct

Bubbalicious
01-16-2007, 01:07 AM
so busy trying to be right once again you are not correct

explain

manu1959
01-16-2007, 01:09 AM
explain

read what you objected to again

manu1959
01-16-2007, 01:13 AM
Why not a national Civil Rights day?

that is what he suggested and i quote "I can accept a 'civil rights day' "

Bubbalicious
01-16-2007, 01:49 AM
Why not what?

I misread you. Sorry about that.

Mr. P
01-16-2007, 01:54 AM
I misread you. Sorry about that.

Np..it happens.

Pale Rider
01-16-2007, 02:08 AM
MLK is a myrtar, and making MLK day a national holiday was a gift to blacks from the government, an appeasement. The government has been bending over backwards for blacks ever since, just to have them demand reparations.

dirt mcgirt
01-16-2007, 09:22 AM
If you want to celebrate desegregation, civil rights and equality, then it should be LBJ Day. King WAS all you said, but LBJ signed the Civil Rights Act of 1964; which, was initiated by JFK, and sent the FBI after the Klan.
No I said King was "pretty much the face of the civil rights movement" and "his life is symbolic for an important time period in American history." That doesn't mean that other people didn't contribute. But come on, LBJ and JFK weren't the face of the struggle for equality. How many times did the White House get firebombed?

dirt mcgirt
01-16-2007, 09:25 AM
I've never seen so many people complain about a day off. All the MLK bashers sound like their whiney liberal Bush bashing couterparts. :D

Pale Rider
01-16-2007, 10:36 AM
I've never seen so many people complain about a day off. All the MLK bashers sound like their whiney liberal Bush bashing couterparts. :D

Not quite. The Bush bashing goes on 24/7 by the drive by MSM media.

Gunny
01-16-2007, 11:46 AM
No I said King was "pretty much the face of the civil rights movement" and "his life is symbolic for an important time period in American history." That doesn't mean that other people didn't contribute. But come on, LBJ and JFK weren't the face of the struggle for equality. How many times did the White House get firebombed?

Not did I say JFK and LBJ were the face of the civil rights movement, and in fact, have stated MLK WAS.

I stated that LBJ following up on JFK initial proposal is the one that signed the Civil Rights Act of 1964 into law; which, in actuality accomplished more from a realistic standpoint than being the figurehead of a movement did.

Gunny
01-16-2007, 11:47 AM

There's a difference between not buying off on an exaggeration and "bashing." Deflecting the argument by calling someone a "racist" or "basher" is most certainly a liberal ploy.

dirt mcgirt
01-16-2007, 12:07 PM
Not did I say JFK and LBJ were the face of the civil rights movement, and in fact, have stated MLK WAS.

I stated that LBJ following up on JFK initial proposal is the one that signed the Civil Rights Act of 1964 into law; which, in actuality accomplished more from a realistic standpoint than being the figurehead of a movement did.
:lol:

LMAO. Whatever. If you choose to put the cart before the horse, go ahead. It's clear that I didn't spend all day yesterday complaining about yesterday.

There's a difference between not buying off on an exaggeration and "bashing." Deflecting the argument by calling someone a "racist" or "basher" is most certainly a liberal ploy.
Deflecting my tongue in cheek humor by trying to twist my calling someone a basher into a racist is most certainly a dishonest ploy. The word racist never entered my posts or anyone else's not named Gunny who's posted in this thread. Lighten up. You (especially) don't need to play semantics police when you just got done tapdancing around a comment you made that 25% of our military and budgeting was tied up with Saddam.

Gunny
01-16-2007, 12:21 PM
:lol:

LMAO. Whatever. If you choose to put the cart before the horse, go ahead. It's clear that I didn't spend all day yesterday complaining about yesterday.

Was there some part of that simple English you didn't understand?

Deflecting my tongue in cheek humor by trying to twist my calling someone a basher into a racist is most certainly a dishonest ploy. The word racist never entered my posts or anyone else's not named Gunny who's posted in this thread. Lighten up. You (especially) don't need to play semantics police when you just got done tapdancing around a comment you made that 25% of our military and budgeting was tied up with Saddam.

Feel free to show me where I accused you specifically of calling anyone a "racist." I did not. But if you want to play the same bullshit, dishonest game as the other nimrod. I'd suggest you check out the links I posted in the other thread before running your suck, jackass.

retiredman
01-16-2007, 12:29 PM
you are the one who cannot stand by his own words.

there is nothing "dishonest" about pointing that out.

KitchenKitten99
01-16-2007, 12:36 PM

umm...I don't get the day off.

darin
01-16-2007, 12:37 PM

Technicaly President's Day is 'not' a holiday.

19 February 2007 is designated as "Washington's Birthday" in section 6103(a) of title 5 of the United States Code, which is the law that specifies holidays for Federal employees. Though other institutions such as state and local governments and private businesses may use other names, it is our policy to always refer to holidays by the names designated in the law.

Gunny
01-16-2007, 12:43 PM
you are the one who cannot stand by his own words.

there is nothing "dishonest" about pointing that out.

I clarified my statement more than once. If you or anyone else has anything to say about it, I'll be more than happy to accomodate your lying, blowing shit out of proportion asses in the "Steel Cage" forum.

I do not however intend to hold a running gun battle all over this board, disrupting everyone else's threads.

retiredman
01-16-2007, 12:53 PM
I clarified my statement more than once. If you or anyone else has anything to say about it, I'll be more than happy to accomodate your lying, blowing shit out of proportion asses in the "Steel Cage" forum.

I do not however intend to hold a running gun battle all over this board, disrupting everyone else's threads.

clarified??? you tap danced. You would have been much better served - and much more highly regarded - if you had simply disavowed your earlier statement and admitted that it was in error....but you can still go back to that thread and do exactly that.

Gunny
01-16-2007, 12:56 PM
clarified??? you tap danced. You would have been much better served - and much more highly regarded - if you had simply disavowed your earlier statement and admitted that it was in error....but you can still go back to that thread and do exactly that.

You are a liar.

dirt mcgirt
01-16-2007, 01:21 PM
Feel free to show me where I accused you specifically of calling anyone a "racist." I did not. But if you want to play the same bullshit, dishonest game as the other nimrod. I'd suggest you check out the links I posted in the other thread before running your suck, jackass.

"Deflecting the argument by calling someone a "racist" or "basher" is most certainly a liberal ploy."

Please, dickhead. You tried to throw racist into the post like it was synonymous with basher. Clearly you're chomping at the bit for somebody to play the race card on anyone criticizing MLK day. Nobody's even come close to doing that so stick your passive-aggressive, white pride routine up your ass. Nobody's biting.

As for your links: http://breakbeat.org/forums/images/smilies/smiley_poop.gif

You know you didn't have shit that would come close to supporting your statements. That's why you didn't have a direct link and posted a table of links for people to fish for. The overseas figures include Korea and Europe. Nice try at faking it.

retiredman
01-16-2007, 01:29 PM
You are a liar.

show me one untruthful thing I have written on here.

I can wait.

Gunny
01-16-2007, 01:33 PM
Y'all are both just morons, right? I created a thread in the Steel Cage form. Take your garbage there.

Gunny
01-16-2007, 01:41 PM
"Deflecting the argument by calling someone a "racist" or "basher" is most certainly a liberal ploy."

Please, dickhead. You tried to throw racist into the post like it was synonymous with basher. Clearly you're chomping at the bit for somebody to play the race card on anyone criticizing MLK day. Nobody's even come close to doing that so stick your passive-aggressive, white pride routine up your ass. Nobody's biting.

I equate calling someone a "basher" when they are not equivalent to calling someone a "racist" when they are not. Both are dismissive labels used to avoid presenting a real argument. I did not present one as synonymous with the other. That's just your inability to comprehend coming to the fore.

As for your links: http://breakbeat.org/forums/images/smilies/smiley_poop.gif

You know you didn't have shit that would come close to supporting your statements. That's why you didn't have a direct link and posted a table of links for people to fish for. The overseas figures include Korea and Europe. Nice try at faking it.

Well Einstein, if you can find a link, I'm more than willing to look at it. Good luck.

I made no attempt to fake anything.

darin
01-16-2007, 01:45 PM
show me one untruthful thing I have written on here.

I can wait.

Here's one:

(The US Military) DID torture Iraq citizens

retiredman
01-16-2007, 01:53 PM
are you suggesting that there have NOT been court martial proceedings against US military personnel for torturing Iraqis, some to the point of death?

darin
01-16-2007, 01:57 PM
are you suggesting that there have NOT been court martial proceedings against US military personnel for torturing Iraqis, some to the point of death?

Are you defining 'enemy soldiers/combantants' as 'citizens'? While they may be citizens, they are not 'just' citizens.

There have been no court martial proceedings against US Military personal for 'torture' - AFAIK they were convicted of 'mis-treatment' or 'negligence'...NOT torture.

dirt mcgirt
01-16-2007, 02:09 PM
I equate calling someone a "basher" when they are not equivalent to calling someone a "racist" when they are not. Both are dismissive labels used to avoid presenting a real argument. I did not present one as synonymous with the other. That's just your inability to comprehend coming to the fore.
I used MLK basher in the same manner as I did with Bush basher. And I did it jokingly. I find it funny that your panties are in a bunch right now. Ah poor little Gunny. What's the matter, did I hurt your hyper-sensitive feelings? Is your pussy hurting you? Does our little Gunny need to rub some pussy cream on her sore vagina?

http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B000052XIX.01.MZZZZZZZ.jpg

01-16-2007, 02:15 PM
I used MLK basher in the same manner as I did with Bush basher. And I did it jokingly. I find it funny that your panties are in a bunch right now. Ah poor little Gunny. What's the matter, did I hurt your hyper-sensitive feelings? Is your pussy hurting you? Does our little Gunny need to rub some pussy cream on her sore vagina?

Typical, cant argue your point so you resort to namecalling. Kinda sad...

Mr. P
01-16-2007, 02:25 PM

Over the line with that post, dirt. Argue points and facts. Personal attacks are for the mindless..yeah, we all fall into the gutter every so often, I know I have..just saying since you're sorta new here.

dirt mcgirt
01-16-2007, 02:26 PM
Typical, cant argue your point so you resort to namecalling. Kinda sad...
Actually, Dummy started in with the name calling first so if you're going to wave that high and mighty finger around start with him...or stick it up your ass.

dirt mcgirt
01-16-2007, 02:26 PM
Over the line with that post, dirt. Argue points and facts. Personal attacks are for the mindless..yeah, we all fall into the gutter every so often, I know I have..just saying since you're sorta new here.
Agreed. Give gunny the same warning for calling me a jackass and we're square.

Mr. P
01-16-2007, 02:30 PM
Agreed. Give gunny the same warning for calling me a jackass and we're square.

We're square. head for the cage if ya want to fight with Gunny.

Gunny
01-16-2007, 02:31 PM

Yeah, good luck.

I'm just amazed at what a dickhead you turned out to be. Guess I overestimated you.

dirt mcgirt
01-16-2007, 02:39 PM
Yeah, good luck.

I'm just amazed at what a dickhead you turned out to be. Guess I overestimated you.
Yeah. Maybe you shouldn't have tried to turn my words into more than what they were and we could have been best buds. :uhoh: Too bad.

darin
01-16-2007, 02:39 PM

Piss-poor decision there... :(

MtnBiker
01-16-2007, 03:10 PM
Now that there is a thread in the steel cage you guys can exchange pleasantries there. In the future keep such language at a minimum, or again go to the steel cage, it really is not necessary on the rest of the board.

OCA
01-16-2007, 03:27 PM

Dirt on behalf of the staff we request that you use a hair more class and tact in your posts.

Thanks in advance for your cooperation.

dirt mcgirt
01-16-2007, 03:47 PM
Dirt on behalf of the staff we request that you use a hair more class and tact in your posts.

Thanks in advance for your cooperation.
LOL. Obliged. I will keep it in the "Steel Cage" area from now on. My apologies.

Bubbalicious
01-16-2007, 04:02 PM
Free speech

YouTube fun:

Slavery was wrong, no doubt about it. But as this video shows, blacks aren't the equals of whites. They are a race of children. That's why equality won't happen, and why the attempt to force it by law results in criminal absurdity. Decency doesn't require that we live together, it requires that we live APART.

Not Free Speech:

:confused: :dunno:

MtnBiker
01-16-2007, 04:05 PM
No one said Dirt could not speak.

darin
01-16-2007, 04:07 PM
Free speech

Not Free Speech:

:confused: :dunno:

One is a personal insult...one is a stereotype/racist comment directed at a group.

jillian
01-16-2007, 04:09 PM
Yup... HL has the right to make himself look as racist as he wants! You want to respond or laugh at him, have at it.... with decorum, of course. :p

The ClayTaurus
01-16-2007, 04:16 PM
I hate tuna.

MtnBiker
01-16-2007, 04:18 PM
Tuna is not so bad, it kind of tastes like dolphin.

darin
01-16-2007, 04:19 PM
I hate tuna.

I think he's a pretty good coach.

The ClayTaurus
01-16-2007, 04:21 PM
I think he's a pretty good coach.He apparently tastes like dolphin.

Bubbalicious
01-16-2007, 04:24 PM
One is a personal insult...one is a stereotype/racist comment directed at a group.

I'm not sure I see how one's better than the other, but whatevs.

The ClayTaurus
01-16-2007, 04:27 PM
I'm not sure I see how one's better than the other, but whatevs.He's not saying one's better than the other.

Gunny
01-16-2007, 04:33 PM

Actually, Dirt's was MUCH better, but doesn't belong in this thread. On the other hand, racist comments kind of go hand in hand with a thread about a man who fought about racial inequality.

See the difference?

darin
01-16-2007, 04:37 PM

One is a personal direct attack.

IF the other guy had said:

"I hate niggers like YOU! YOU, gunny, are just like every OTHER black person - WORTHLESS!"

That'd be a personal attack.

Get it?

Gunny
01-16-2007, 04:42 PM

"I hate niggers like YOU! YOU, gunny, are just like every OTHER black person - WORTHLESS!"

Get it?

:eek: Someone's been lying to me for a LONG time ......:laugh:

Gaffer
01-16-2007, 05:08 PM
:eek: Someone's been lying to me for a LONG time ......:laugh:

It's that south Texas tan.:wink2:

Gunny
01-16-2007, 05:09 PM
It's that south Texas tan.:wink2:

40 SPF from now on ....:laugh:

Bubbalicious
01-16-2007, 05:13 PM

Get it?

Yes. I know that one is a personal statement and the other is a general statement. Obviously.
I don't see why the general statement slides on by but the personal statement gets so many people so upset.
If someone here was a member of the group that H.L. was generalizing about, they'd probably be just as insulted as the individual that Dirt was making fun of

stephanie
01-16-2007, 05:27 PM

Classless...Tasteless and totally disgusting...

darin
01-16-2007, 05:32 PM
Yes. I know that one is a personal statement and the other is a general statement. Obviously.
I don't see why the general statement slides on by but the personal statement gets so many people so upset.
If someone here was a member of the group that H.L. was generalizing about, they'd probably be just as insulted as the individual that Dirt was making fun of

If you can't see how a direct, personal attack from one user to another is 'over the line', after those here have tried, then I doubt ANYONE would be able to explain it to your satisfaction.

Bubbalicious
01-16-2007, 05:34 PM
If you can't see how a direct, personal attack from one user to another is 'over the line', after those here have tried, then I doubt ANYONE would be able to explain it to your satisfaction.

So what if I was a black person and took HL's comment personally?
Or are you just not capable of grasping what I'm saying here?

darin
01-16-2007, 05:44 PM
So what if I was a black person and took HL's comment personally?
Or are you just not capable of grasping what I'm saying here?

Don't take tone here - you're the guy here who won't let it go until somebody says you're right.

GENERAL statements people take offense to are ONE thing. A DIRECTED, SPECIFIC personal ATTACK is another.

Now either drop it, or understand. It's your choice.

TheSage
01-16-2007, 05:53 PM
MLK day isn't a holiday because of anything the civil rights movement did. Its a holiday because the ski resort lobby needed an extra three day weekend between New Years and Valentines to get people up at the resorts..

Quit highjacking thread to perpetuate your conspiracy theories. NOBODY CARES. Ok. Stop. JUst STop! Don't take tone!:laugh:

TheSage
01-16-2007, 05:57 PM

Hey. Jillian. MLK did shit. Your forgetting about the National Guard using guns and dogs to battle americans who didn't want desegregation. The jew controlled government did more. Take your credit where it's due. J.A.P.

TheSage
01-16-2007, 06:02 PM
But Malcolm X scared white folk. !

Have you heard what the NOI says about jews, Jillian? You should be scared too. Don't act like he was some kind of moderate who stupid whites just didn't understand. He was a hate monger, for a long time.

darin
01-16-2007, 06:40 PM
This is NOT a New World Order/Jew Thread, Jason.

TheSage
01-16-2007, 06:43 PM
This is NOT a New World Order/Jew Thread, Jason.

It has aspects that are related. For instance, Jillian was mentioning malcolm x, a former member of the Nation of Islam, a very antisemtic organization.

darin
01-16-2007, 06:45 PM
It has aspects that are related. For instance, Jillian was mentioning malcolm x, a former member of the Nation of Islam, a very antisemtic organization.

You know the difference between bringing up related info, and derailing. You'll do the right thing.

5stringJeff
01-16-2007, 06:47 PM

OK, Kevin Bacon (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Six_Degrees_of_Kevin_Bacon).

TheSage
01-16-2007, 06:49 PM
You know the difference between bringing up related info, and derailing. You'll do the right thing.

Yes. This was related info. So step off, clyde.

TheSage
01-16-2007, 06:52 PM
OK, Kevin Bacon (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Six_Degrees_of_Kevin_Bacon).

She was pretending like just small minded whites were a afraid of malcolm x. He was no good on many level, one them being his hate mongering.

The ClayTaurus
01-16-2007, 08:01 PM
Classless...Tasteless and totally disgusting...He's not alone in this thread...

dirt mcgirt
01-16-2007, 08:15 PM
Classless...Tasteless and totally disgusting...
Seeing how jokes about decapitation from hanging makes you laugh, I doubt you were really offended.

Grumplestillskin
01-17-2007, 12:19 AM

...said the pot to the kettle....