PDA

View Full Version : Black first family 'changes everything'

Yurt
01-22-2009, 09:44 AM
i think the article is complete BS and really just shows that the dems are the racist party. they keep going on and on about skin color and acting as if tv has only portrayed blacks as a certain type. nonsense, the cosby for one was not at all like the so-called black shows they mentioned. there also have been countless black actors who do not play "black" roles. conservatives don't care what your skin is, we don't say, you aren't black enough, or oh, you're black so here is a black role, liberals do. well, that of course is a massive generalization :cool:

Black first family 'changes everything'

Jamaal Young was watching Barack Obama and his family greet an ecstatic crowd in Chicago, Illinois, on Election Night when he realized that something seemed wrong.

Obama didn't shout at his wife, Michelle, to shut up. The first lady didn't roll her eyes and tell Obama to act like a man. No laugh track kicked in, no one danced, and no police sirens wailed in the background.

Young had tuned in to celebrate the election of the nation's first African-American president. But he realized that he was witnessing another historic first. A black family was being featured as the first family, not the "problem family" or the "funny family."

"They are not here to entertain us," says Young, a New York Press columnist. "Michelle Obama is not sitting around with her girlfriends saying, 'My man ain't no good.' You're not seeing this over -sexualized, crazy black family that, every time a Marvin Gaye song comes on, someone stands up and says, 'Oh girl, that's my jam.' "

more...

http://www.cnn.com/2009/POLITICS/01/15/obama.family/index.html