PDA

View Full Version : Kudoes to President Obama: Drone missile strike kills 7 in NW Pakistan mountains

Little-Acorn
01-23-2009, 11:49 AM
This happened last night our time, two days after Obama became President. He certainly knew about it in advance, and had the authority as Commander in Chief to stop it with a word. But clearly he chose not to, and directed that the strike take place as planned.

Good for him - he's off to a good start, if you ask me, as our Commander in Chief. I hope he keeps it up.

Now if he'd only change his mind about withdrawing early from iraq and closing the Gitmo detention camp......

BTW, isn't it a hoot that the AP writer couldn't even spell Obama's name? Not the middle one, they'll always get that right, but his first name.

P.S. The article says that one drone fired three missiles. Interesting - the Predator they've been flying around there, can only carry two. Some cool new hardware being deployed, maybe? (Or did the writer misspell the number, also? :) )

---------------------------------

http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id=D95SSHE80&show_article=1

Missiles kill 7 in NW Pakistan

Jan 23 08:35 AM US/Eastern
By MUNIR AHMAD
Associated Press Writer

ISLAMABAD, Pakistan (AP) - Missiles fired from a suspected U.S. spy plane killed seven people Friday on the Pakistan side of the Afghan border, a lawless region where al-Qaida militants are known to hide out, officials said.
The strike was the first on Pakistani territory since the inauguration of President Barrack Obama.

Pakistani leaders had expressed hope Obama would halt the attacks, more than 30 of which have been launched since the middle of last year, reportedly killing several senior militants.

The pro-U.S. government routinely protests them as a violation of the country's sovereignty, but most observers speculate it has an unwritten agreement allowing them to take place.

One drone fired three missiles into the village of Zharki in North Waziristan, hitting two buildings, the intelligence officials said on condition of anonymity because they were not authorized to speak to the media.

At least seven people were killed, but there identities were not immediately known.

The United States rarely acknowledges firing the missiles, which are mostly fired from drones believed launched from neighboring Afghanistan.

Pakistan's air force is not known to possess drones. NATO officers in Afghanistan say they respect Pakistani sovereignty.

darin
01-23-2009, 11:57 AM
One step closer to Obama's 'Invasion of Pakistan!' :D

PostmodernProphet
01-23-2009, 01:53 PM
I see one significant difference between missiles sent into Pakistan by Obama and missiles sent into Pakistan by Bush.....apparently missiles sent into Pakistan by Obama are not suspected of killing innocent civilians.....and are fired into some sinister "lawless region where al-Qaida militants are known to hide out" instead of a "village where they should have known there would be collateral damage to children"......interesting difference, isn't it?........

Abbey Marie
01-23-2009, 01:58 PM
I see one significant difference between missiles sent into Pakistan by Obama and missiles sent into Pakistan by Bush.....apparently missiles sent into Pakistan by Obama are not suspected of killing innocent civilians.....and are fired into some sinister "lawless region where al-Qaida militants are known to hide out" instead of a "village where they should have known there would be collateral damage to children"......interesting difference, isn't it?........

That's right, and you'd better remember it!

Silver
01-23-2009, 04:49 PM

Damn...isn't that amazing....I'm so glad you pointed that out because the morons on the left would never in a million years have seen it for themselves....

Obama's missiles will never be said to harm innocent women and children....those days are over.....:beer:

Abbey Marie
01-23-2009, 05:01 PM
Damn...isn't that amazing....I'm so glad you pointed that out because the morons on the left would never in a million years have seen it for themselves....

Obama's missiles will never be said to harm innocent women and children....those days are over.....:beer:

That's because they are missiles of hope and change.