PDA

View Full Version : Bill Ayers: He Wasn't A Terrorist but McCain Was

red states rule
01-27-2009, 07:18 AM
Another friend of Obama speaks out

All of it here if you can keep from puking

snip

Ayers: No, I don’t think we were wrong. But there could be some situations in which you could kind of map this out and think about the rightness and wrongness of it. For example, if you had the opportunity to interview John McCain, would this be at the front of the interview?

Ayers: The question terrorism and the question right and wrong. After all, he killed people actually from the air, innocent people. So would you be challenging him on that? Or is the fact that he did it under the rubric of legality, does that make it OK?

Freep.com: You don’t think there is a distinction between domestic bombings … that hurt real people, and John McCain executing a mission over North Vietnam? Is there any difference in kind between those two acts?

Ayers: There is no difference in kind between killing of any human being. Any killing of any human being is a universe lost. Let’s be clear.

If we sat on a stage with Henry Kissinger, Robert McNamara, John McCain, John Kerry, Bob Kerrey, me and whoever else you want to put up there … George Bush. And then you could measure responsibility. And I’d be happy in that context and that company.

Freep.com: They are more guilty than you are?

Ayers: You think so? That’s what I’d love to see. Henry Kissinger is responsible for the death of millions. I’m responsible for the death of no one. Does that distinction not seem to matter? In other words, why am I held up as an example of something beyond the pale. Whereas Kissinger, hey it was normal. He was the secretary of state ... Yeah, he was the secretary of state overseeing an illegal, immoral, genocidal attack on civilians. That is terrorism, pure and simple.

http://www.freep.com/article/20090125/NEWS07/90125027/Ayers+denies+knowledge+of+70+s+plot+to+blow+up+Det roit+police+facilities

manu1959
01-27-2009, 12:15 PM
big bill is going to give a lecture at a college 5 minutes from my house..........

red states rule
01-27-2009, 12:21 PM
big bill is going to give a lecture at a college 5 minutes from my house..........

The people who will sit and listen to him speak will think Americans are terrorists, and Islamonazis who rape toddlers and behead women are merely Freedom Fighters.

Why can't people understand this idiot sees no difference between targeting American citizens in terrorist attacks and someone carrying out his duty in the American military.

manu1959
01-27-2009, 12:26 PM
The people who will sit and listen to him speak will think Americans are terrorists, and Islamonazis who rape toddlers and behead women are merely Freedom Fighters.

Why can't people understand this idiot sees no difference between targeting American citizens in terrorist attacks and someone carrying out his duty in the American military.

a life is a life.......the price we pay for living in a free society is that we suffer the bill ayers of the world......pity he wasn't born in china or russia where his dissent would have made him a martyr.....or a hero....depending which side he picked....

red states rule
01-27-2009, 12:35 PM
a life is a life.......the price we pay for living in a free society is that we suffer the bill ayers of the world......pity he wasn't born in china or russia where his dissent would have made him a martyr.....or a hero....depending which side he picked....

With people like Ayers, everything verything is seen through his own egotistical and arrogant prism, that it's only about him.

Since it is only about him, he can justify everything based on the usual liberal talking point of "they all do it." Even if "they" weren't deliberately trying to kill American citizens

manu1959
01-27-2009, 12:58 PM
With people like Ayers, everything verything is seen through his own egotistical and arrogant prism, that it's only about him.

Since it is only about him, he can justify everything based on the usual liberal talking point of "they all do it." Even if "they" weren't deliberately trying to kill American citizens

ayers tried to kill his own countrymen all in the name of trying to stop them from killing people we were at war with.....

i believe that is sedition and punishable by firing squad......

i guess it is a good thing he tried this in america....where we believe in the christian ideal of forgivness and redemption.....

red states rule
01-27-2009, 01:02 PM
ayers tried to kill his own countrymen all in the name of trying to stop them from killing people we were at war with.....

i believe that is sedition and punishable by firing squad......

i guess it is a good thing he tried this in america....where we believe in the christian ideal of forgivness and redemption.....

He should be thankful he got of on a technicality, and let let go.

He said this in a interview "Guilty as sin, free as a bird — what a country, America.”

DannyR
01-27-2009, 04:27 PM
ayers tried to kill his own countrymen

Actually not. He was a terrorist certainly, but more along the lines of ELF and modern greenies who destroy property. The group never targeted people, and gave ample warnings before setting off bombs so the areas were clear.

Only ones to die as a result of their attacks were themselves when they mishandled building a bomb.

Now I've read that some in the group were planning on stepping up the attacks to target people, but Ayers had already left the scene by that time.

red states rule
01-27-2009, 04:29 PM

Actually not. He was a terrorist certainly, but more along the lines of ELF and modern greenies who destroy property. The group never targeted people, and gave ample warnings before setting off bombs so the areas were clear.

Only ones to die as a result of their attacks were themselves when they mishandled building a bomb.

Ayers and his group bombed Federal buildings and NY Police stations

In a NY Times interview on Sept 11, 2001 he admitted as such and saod he wished he could have done more

manu1959
01-27-2009, 04:32 PM

Now I've read that some in the group were planning on stepping up the attacks to target people, but Ayers had already left the scene by that time.

really....so he phoned in warnings and made sure the buildings were vacant before he blew up the buildings.....well i guess it is ok then.....

DannyR
01-27-2009, 04:33 PM
And? I never said he wasn't a terrorist.

I was only arguing the point that he intentionally targeted people. That's not true. Weathermen bombs targeted government property and they set them to go off when people were not around.

Big difference between them and someone like Rudolph, who set bombs to intentionally go off while people were present, then added a second bomb to go off with a delay to intentionally hurt the emergency responders.

well i guess it is ok then.....

Stop being an idiot and trying to put words in other people's mouths. I just pointed out an error in your argument. Would you'd rather argue your point with bad facts? Are you unable to accept legitimate criticism?

manu1959
01-27-2009, 04:37 PM

I was only arguing the point that he intentionally targeted people. That's not true. Weathermen bombs targeted government property and they set them to go off when people were not around.

Big difference between them and someone like Rudolph, who set bombs to intentionally go off while people were present, then added a second bomb to go off with a delay to intentionally hurt the emergency responders.

Stop being an idiot. I just pointed out an error in your argument. Would you'd rather argue your point with bad facts?

blow me asshole.....is your contention that the buildings were vacant when he detonated the bombs......

red states rule
01-27-2009, 04:37 PM

Stop being an idiot. I just pointed out an error in your argument. Would you'd rather argue your point with bad facts?

They tried to kill this man and his family - when he was 9 years old

When This Man Was 9 Years Old, Ayers Bombed His Home

Barack Obama reminds everyone that he was only 8 years old when his friends, domestic terrorists Bill Ayers and Bernardine Dohrn, bombed their way through America. (However, Larry Johnson has proved that not only did Ayers support and promote Obama’s campaigns from his first in 1995, but that Obama worked for Ayers for eight years. See: Larry Johnson’s “Why is Obama Hiding the Truth About William Ayers? Follow the Money” and SusanUnPC’s “The Game of Expedience.”)

Well, John Murtagh was a bit put out by that remark because he was 9 years old when the Weather Underground tried to kill him and his family on February 21, 1970. Mr Murtagh wrote an April 30,2008 op-ed for the NY Daily News entitled, Barack Obama’s Pal Is An Enemy Too. [BELOW IS VIDEO/AUDIO of Murtagh's interview.]

Murtagh’s father was a judge hearing a case against the Panthers21, a group of Black Panthers who were being tried for planning the bombing of several landmarks and department stores in New York .

According to Murtagh, those two upstanding citizens from William Ayers and Bernardine Dorhn — from New York Weather Underground Cell — detonated three gasoline bombs at his home. They placed one bomb at the front door, another bomb on the front porch and they “lit” and “tucked” the third bomb underneath the family car behind the house.

The family heard an explosion but his father was afraid to leave the house because of a previous incident where scum balls opened fire on people fleeing their home under these circumstances. So they were essentially trapped in a burning house until neighbors told them it was safe to leave.

Bernardine Dohrn ultimately took credit for the incident. Considering her *ecstatic remarks about the manson murders and the fork they stuck in Tate’s stomach as well as her Lay Elrod Lay song dedicated to the man the Underground paralyzed, I imagine Bernardine took that credit gleefully.

http://www.noquarterusa.net/blog/2008/05/02/when-this-man-was-9-ayers-bombed-his-home/

manu1959
01-27-2009, 04:40 PM
They tried to kill this man and his family - when he was 9 years old

When This Man Was 9 Years Old, Ayers Bombed His Home

Barack Obama reminds everyone that he was only 8 years old when his friends, domestic terrorists Bill Ayers and Bernardine Dohrn, bombed their way through America. (However, Larry Johnson has proved that not only did Ayers support and promote Obama’s campaigns from his first in 1995, but that Obama worked for Ayers for eight years. See: Larry Johnson’s “Why is Obama Hiding the Truth About William Ayers? Follow the Money” and SusanUnPC’s “The Game of Expedience.”)

Well, John Murtagh was a bit put out by that remark because he was 9 years old when the Weather Underground tried to kill him and his family on February 21, 1970. Mr Murtagh wrote an April 30,2008 op-ed for the NY Daily News entitled, Barack Obama’s Pal Is An Enemy Too. [BELOW IS VIDEO/AUDIO of Murtagh's interview.]

Murtagh’s father was a judge hearing a case against the Panthers21, a group of Black Panthers who were being tried for planning the bombing of several landmarks and department stores in New York .

According to Murtagh, those two upstanding citizens from William Ayers and Bernardine Dorhn — from New York Weather Underground Cell — detonated three gasoline bombs at his home. They placed one bomb at the front door, another bomb on the front porch and they “lit” and “tucked” the third bomb underneath the family car behind the house.

The family heard an explosion but his father was afraid to leave the house because of a previous incident where scum balls opened fire on people fleeing their home under these circumstances. So they were essentially trapped in a burning house until neighbors told them it was safe to leave.

Bernardine Dohrn ultimately took credit for the incident. Considering her *ecstatic remarks about the manson murders and the fork they stuck in Tate’s stomach as well as her Lay Elrod Lay song dedicated to the man the Underground paralyzed, I imagine Bernardine took that credit gleefully.

http://www.noquarterusa.net/blog/2008/05/02/when-this-man-was-9-ayers-bombed-his-home/

ah dude....you spoiled my funny i was going to make him into a liar and fool......

Silver
01-27-2009, 04:41 PM

snip

Ayers: No, I don’t think we were wrong. But there could be some situations in which you could kind of map this out and think about the rightness and wrongness of it. For example, if you had the opportunity to interview John McCain, would this be at the front of the interview?

Ayers: The question terrorism and the question right and wrong. After all, he killed people actually from the air, innocent people. So would you be challenging him on that? Or is the fact that he did it under the rubric of legality, does that make it OK?

Freep.com: You don’t think there is a distinction between domestic bombings … that hurt real people, and John McCain executing a mission over North Vietnam? Is there any difference in kind between those two acts?

Ayers: There is no difference in kind between killing of any human being. Any killing of any human being is a universe lost. Let’s be clear.

If we sat on a stage with Henry Kissinger, Robert McNamara, John McCain, John Kerry, Bob Kerrey, me and whoever else you want to put up there … George Bush. And then you could measure responsibility. And I’d be happy in that context and that company.

Ayers: You think so? That’s what I’d love to see. Henry Kissinger is responsible for the death of millions. I’m responsible for the death of no one. Does that distinction not seem to matter? In other words, why am I held up as an example of something beyond the pale. Whereas Kissinger, hey it was normal. He was the secretary of state ... Yeah, he was the secretary of state overseeing an illegal, immoral, genocidal attack on civilians. That is terrorism, pure and simple.

http://www.freep.com/article/20090125/NEWS07/90125027/Ayers+denies+knowledge+of+70+s+plot+to+blow+up+Det roit+police+facilities

Logic from a liberal lunatic.....laughable

red states rule
01-27-2009, 04:42 PM
ah dude....you spoiled my funny i was going to make him into a liar and fool......

the buildings at fort dix were occupied by "people" as well and no one was warned....

Hey bud - you do not have to make him out to be a liar and a fool

He does that all on his own, and needs no help from anyone

DannyR
01-27-2009, 05:01 PM
Geez, where do you guys get your facts?!

Bernardine Dohrn ultimately took credit for the incident.

Um, no she didn't actually. Murtagh stated in an interview recently that he believes she was behind it based on a letter from Dohrn sent to the press some 9 months later promising more bombings. Nothing in the letter or since found anywhere says she was behind the Murtagh attack though.

Perhaps she was, perhaps she wasn't. Its generally believed however that the Black Panthers were the ones actually behind that attack.

blow me asshole.....is your contention that the buildings were vacant when he detonated the bombs.....

Which they were on all known Weathermen attacks.

Geez, correct a little error and the insults start flying from the partisans who'd rather be wrong than corrected.

red states rule
01-27-2009, 05:05 PM
Geez, where do you guys get your facts?!

Bernardine Dohrn ultimately took credit for the incident.

Um, no she didn't actually. Murtagh stated in an interview recently that he believes she was behind it based on a letter from Dohrn sent to the press some 9 months later promising more bombings. Nothing in the letter or since found anywhere says she was behind the Murtagh attack though.

Perhaps she was, perhaps she wasn't. Its generally believed however that the Black Panthers were the ones actually behind that attack.

blow me asshole.....is your contention that the buildings were vacant when he detonated the bombs.....

Which they were on all known Weathermen attacks.

Geez, correct a little error and the insults start flying from the partisans who'd rather be wrong than corrected.

Who knows, the way Ayers wanted to kill people, maybe he did and he just never got caught

But to libs, Bill Ayers was just a misunderstood progressive thinking leftist.... He did nothing wrong....

DannyR
01-27-2009, 05:10 PM
Why do you state Ayers *wanted* to kill people? He stated he should have done more, but I've never heard him say he desired to kill people. Quite the opposite actually. From wiki:
Ayers said that he had never been responsible for violence against other people and was acting to end a war in Vietnam in which “thousands of people were being killed every week.” He also stated, "While we did claim several extreme acts, they were acts of extreme radicalism against property,” and “We killed no one and hurt no one. Three of our people killed themselves.”Ayers was the equivalent of today's greenies burning fur coats and setting fire to SUV's. They destroyed property, but never targeted people. Perhaps if they had progressed they would have gone to do so, such as the possible Fort Dix bombing, but that moves into the land of "what if".

Simple fact is that one reason Ayers was never charged is because he never hurt anyone. Those calling him a murderer are only trying to incite their own fervor against Obama.

red states rule
01-27-2009, 05:17 PM
Why do you state Ayers *wanted* to kill people? He stated he should have done more, but I've never heard him say he desired to kill people. Quite the opposite actually. From wiki: Ayers was the equivalent of today's greenies burning fur coats and setting fire to SUV's. They destroyed property, but never targeted people. Perhaps if they had progressed they would have gone to do so, such as the possible Fort Dix bombing, but that moves into the land of "what if".

Simple fact is that one reason Ayers was never charged is because he never hurt anyone. Those calling him a murderer are only trying to incite their own fervor against Obama.

He was never CONVICTED becasue of a legal technicality

Why some people try to defend Ayers is beyond me. He is one of OPbama friends, a power broker in Chicago, and a man who wanted to kill Americans for a "cause"

Here is more about his history

William Ayers Tried Extortion. Bernardine Dohrn Cheered Charles Manson
History News Network ^ | 12-16-02 | Edward J. Renehan Jr.

Posted on Sunday, October 05, 2008 5:18:18 PM by franklog

We can't let Sarahcuda do all the heavy lifting exposing Ayers and Dohrn. Here's a little background on Ayers/Dohrn from an article out of George Mason University's History News Network.

Ayers and Dohrn were there at the founding of the Weather Underground. At a 1969 “War Council” that helped launch the organization, Dohrn raised three fingers in a “fork salute” to Charles Manson, whom she proposed as a revolutionary inspiration. She went on to joke about Manson’s victims and dubbed them the “Tate Eight” after Sharon Tate, the pregnant actress whom members of the Manson tribe stabbed in the womb with a fork. “Dig it,” said Dohrn at the time. “First they killed those pigs, then they ate dinner in the same room with them, they even shoved a fork into a victim’s stomach! Wild!”

Later that same year, Ayers attempted to extort money from the Vietnam Moratorium Committee — demanding $20,000 to abstain from violence during a planned peace protest. After rejecting this demand, a member of the Moratorium group asked Ayers what he really wanted. “To kill all rich people,” Ayers responded. When another peace activist pointed out that Ayers himself came from wealth, the radical answered with an angry slogan: “Bring the war home. Kill your parents.” (Note: Neither of these stories made it into Ayers’s highly selective memoir.)

In the following months and years, Ayers, Dohrn and friends wreaked a lot of havoc. Bombings linked to the Weathermen took place in cities from San Francisco to New York, culminating with the March 1, 1971 bombing of the US Capitol and the May 19, 1972 bombing of a bathroom in the Pentagon. Then there was Boudin’s and Gilbert’s 1981 stunt with the Brinks holdup: the Weather Underground’s sad, last, stupid gasp in collaboration with the Black Liberation Army.
http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/2098291/posts

manu1959
01-27-2009, 05:24 PM
Why do you state Ayers *wanted* to kill people? He stated he should have done more, but I've never heard him say he desired to kill people. Quite the opposite actually. From wiki: Ayers was the equivalent of today's greenies burning fur coats and setting fire to SUV's. They destroyed property, but never targeted people. Perhaps if they had progressed they would have gone to do so, such as the possible Fort Dix bombing, but that moves into the land of "what if".

so the attack they planned on fort dix to bomb an officers dance was intended to hurt no one.......it was conspiracy to commit murder and only their own incompetance saved them.....

so destroying property is ok in your world ..... give me your address i will make sure you aren't there ..... and remeber it is in't a crime because i didn't try to hurt anyone ....

absurd ....

DannyR
01-27-2009, 05:24 PM
You guys always crack me up. I post a simple fact correction and suddenly I'm defending the guy, when I directly stated in my first post that yes, he's a terrorist. Are you so partisan that its impossible to do anything other than attack attack attack?

Nobody is saying he's a saint. I only said he never targeted people, and in all known and documented cases of Weathermen attacks, thats true.

Murtagh might believe otherwise, but ultimately thats just his opinion.

so the attack they planned on fort dix to bomb an officers dance was intended to hurt no one.......it was conspiracy to commit murder and only their own incompetance saved them.....

Who knows. I don't play "what if". If you want to play imaginary games, thats your business. I said from the start that perhaps the Weathermen may have evolved into something more violent, but I deal with facts, not hypotheticals. What we do know is that no, they didn't target people while they existed.

You stated they did, I corrected you. Grow up and accept your medicine.

so destroying property is ok in your world ..... give me your address i will make sure you aren't there ..... and remeber it is in't a crime because i didn't try to hurt anyone .

Again you are being idiotic and putting words in my mouth. Please read my first post again. Did I say it wasn't a crime? Did I not call Ayers still a terrorist? You really can't handle being corrected can you? How old are you again?

manu1959
01-27-2009, 05:26 PM
You guys always crack me up. I post a simple fact correction and suddenly I'm defending the guy, when I directly stated in my first post that yes, he's a terrorist. Are you so partisan that its impossible to do anything other than attack attack attack?

Nobody is saying he's a saint. I only said he never targeted people, and in all known and documented cases of Weathermen attacks, thats true.

but he and his followers did target people....murtagh's family was one group and the soilders at fort dix was the other......that fact that he failed does not excuse his intent.....

red states rule
01-27-2009, 05:26 PM

He is not a saint - he is a domestic terrorist

Obama's buddy has his pic taken - this is one of his better ones

http://www.strangepolitics.com/images/content/142262.jpg

DannyR
01-27-2009, 05:29 PM

Exactly.

I said as much.

DannyR
01-27-2009, 05:31 PM
murtagh's family was one group and the soilders at fort dix was the other.

again, hypothetical. Murtagh BELIEVES the Weathermen were responsible. Perhaps they were, but probably not. It just didn't fit the Weathermen's MO. Others believe it was the black panthers. Despite the story saying otherwise, Dohrn never claimed credit for the Murtagh case. Given that they did claim credit for many of their bombings, I don't see why they wouldn't do so for that one if they didn't actually do it.

And who knows what the plans for Fort Dix were or were not. Again, hypothetical!

manu1959
01-27-2009, 05:31 PM

Exactly.

I said as much.

and a hell of a writer according to barry........

http://www.zombietime.com/zomblog/?p=64

Obama’s review of Ayers’ book says, “A searing and timely account of the juvenile court system, and the courageous individuals who rescue hope from despair.”

Ayers will be joined by Sen. Barack Obama, Senior Lecturer in the Law School, who is working to combat legislation that would put more juvenile offenders into the adult system.....

red states rule
01-27-2009, 05:32 PM

Exactly.

I said as much.

and a typical lib when it comes to how he feels about America

http://www.chicagomag.com/Chicago-Magazine/August-2001/features_ayers1.jpg

DannyR
01-27-2009, 05:42 PM

Actually according to a lot of people. Disagree with his politics all you want, but the guy does have a talent for words.

Typical is a bit much. Only extremists generally stomp on the Flag.

red states rule
01-27-2009, 05:46 PM

Actually according to a lot of people. Disagree with his politics all you want, but the guy does have a talent for words.

Typical is a bit much. Only extremists generally stomp on the Flag.

Hitler had a way with words as well - and shared the same views as Ayers. Do what you have to do to advance your cause

manu1959
01-27-2009, 05:53 PM
i think ayers and his followers committed more crimes than he is letting on....

http://www.historyisaweapon.com/defcon2/domguemap.html

February 13, 1970 - Several police vehicles of the Berkeley, California, Police Department are bombed in the police parking lot; February 16, 1970: A bomb is detonated at the Golden Gate Park branch of the San Francisco Police Department, killing one officer and injuring a number of other policemen. No organization claims credit for either bombing. (See San Francisco Police Department Park Station bombing.)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Weatherman_actions

hard to bomb police stations that are always occupied.....wouldn't want to claim credit for murder.....cowards...

red states rule
01-27-2009, 05:55 PM

http://www.historyisaweapon.com/defcon2/domguemap.html

This should tell you alot about his character - or lack of character

Ayers dedicated book to Sirhan Sirhan
Obama's colleague saw Robert Kennedy's assassin as 'political prisoner'

Posted: October 31, 2008
1:44 pm Eastern

Bill Ayers, the man with whom Democratic presidential nominee Barack Obama worked on Chicago projects, published his own manifesto during his years as an active terrorist and dedicated it to a list of people including Sirhan Sirhan, the assassin of Democratic presidential candidate Robert F. Kennedy.

According to Fox News, Ayers – the Weather Underground terrorist who bombed the U.S. Capitol and the Pentagon, and stated recently he wished he could have done more – used his book, "Prairie Fire," to announce his intention to "attack from the inside" and "disrupt the empire, to incapacitate it, to put pressure on the cracks, to make it hard to carry out its bloody functioning against the people of the world."

When confronted in a debate, Obama described Ayers as "just a guy who lives in my neighborhood." But the campaign of Republican nominee John McCain has made much of of the fact that Ayers hired Obama to work on the Annenberg Challenge in Chicago and shared duties with him on the board of the Woods Fund, charities that distributed millions of dollars to leftist causes.

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=79625

DannyR
01-27-2009, 05:59 PM
Actually Hitler was a rather poor author. His talent was in speaking and politics.

You're giving him far more credit than he deserves. Weathermen were a rather inept small group of students which if not for the Obama campaign most of the USA would never have heard of. Most of the USA had no idea who they were even back in the 1970's when they were at their most active!

There were a LOT more groups doing things at the time protesting the war than just them.

red states rule
01-27-2009, 06:02 PM
Actually Hitler was a rather poor author. His talent was in speaking and politics.

I said Hitler had a way with words just like Ayers

I am surprised Obama did not want him as Education Sec

DannyR
01-27-2009, 06:04 PM

You being sarcastic, or is your opinion of Obama really that skewed?

manu1959
01-27-2009, 06:08 PM

You're giving him far more credit than he deserves. Weathermen were a rather inept small group of students which if not for the Obama campaign most of the USA would never have heard of. Most of the USA had no idea who they were even back in the 1970's when they were at their most active!

There were a LOT more groups doing things at the time protesting the war than just them.

i knew who they were in the 70's and they attacked occupied buildings when people were in them ...... and they wanted to kill people .... and in my opinion they did .... they just didn't claim credit for it ..... they were cowards .... pity ayers wasn't in that house with the rest of them....

red states rule
01-27-2009, 06:08 PM

You being sarcastic, or is your opinion of Obama really that skewed?

Not at all. Obama made sure Ayers got some governmentl money for his "education" classes

snip

Barack Obama served on the board of the Joyce Foundation from 1994-2002. A review of the foundations website shows some interesting connections both to the Chicago Annenberg Challenge and Bill Ayers in particular:

The Joyce Foundation gave $50K to a group called Leadership for Quality Education run by Bill Ayers’ brother John Ayers. According to this May 1998 issue of Catalyst magazine (a periodical focused on Chicago school refrom) Leadership for Quality Education is “a corporate group that administers the umbrella Small Schools Coalition.” The Small School Coalition website shows John and Bill Ayers are the lead members on the “Policy Committee.” In short, the Ayers brothers were parners in the Small Schools initiatives in Chicago. A donation to LQE, for all intents and purposes, was support for Bill Ayers vision for Chicago schools.

Even as Obama worked with Ayers at CAC, the foundation gives $337,556 to the Small Schools workshop at the University of Chicago.
An additional $95K to John Ayers’ Leadership for Quality Education “To continue assisting the recruitment, startup, and operation of charter schools in Chicago.”

Another $149K to Leadership for Quality Education “To assist in the recruitment, startup, and operation of charter schools in Chicago; to evaluate the need for a similar approach in the Chicago metropolitan region; and to assist charter school proponents in Cleveland (18 mos.)” [HT: RBO for this one.]

Another $125K to John Ayers’ group Leadership for Quality Education, the stated purpose of which was “To organize, in cooperation with a network of grassroots and reform organizations, a citywide campaign to generate greater participation in Chicago’s local school council elections.”
An additional $160K grant to the University of Illinois College of Education “To continue providing technical assistance to a network of small schools in Chicago and to continue advocacy and policy work promoting the expansion of the small schools concept within the Chicago Public School system” The link provided goes to the Small Schools Workshop website indicating this money was granted to Bill Ayers’ group.

$365K to the Univ. of Illinois College of Education “To continue developing small schools…” Although it is not mentioned by name in the description, the link included with this grant goes directly to the Small Schools Workshop website. So once again, this money went to Bill Ayers.
John Ayers’ Leadership for Quality Education gets $187,100

The Foundation gives $600K in grants to found the Chicago Public Education Fund. This is the successor to the Chicago Annenberg Challenge. Archives for their website are mysteriously unavailable, but both John Ayers and Barack Obama are listed as members of their leadership council.

A $1.5 million, five year grant is given to the Chicago High School Redesign Initiative. The initiative is interested in turning 5 Chicago high schools into “small schools.” The planning grant for this initiative lists both Bill Ayers book and his Small Schools website in its appendices. Coincidentally, Bill Ayers co-edited a book with Patricia Ford, executive director of the Chicago High School Redesign Initiative (the book was published in 1996 and it’s not clear she held that position at the time. She may have taken it on later)
John Ayers’ Leadership for Quality Education another $75K.

http://www.verumserum.com/?p=2826

DannyR
01-27-2009, 06:21 PM
Not at all. Obama made sure Ayers got some governmentl money for his "education" classes

yeah, but do you really think Obama would have been stupid enough to nominate Ayers for a cabinet seat?

manu1959
01-27-2009, 06:23 PM

yeah, but do you really think Obama would have been stupid enough to nominate Ayers for a cabinet seat?

he nominated a tax cheat......ayers is just a missunderstood freedom fighter....

red states rule
01-27-2009, 06:23 PM

He still has plenty of time. Cabinet positions can open up at any time

Funny how Obama's buddies like Ayers and Wright are now coming out in the open and talking now that the election is over

red states rule
01-27-2009, 06:24 PM
he nominated a tax cheat......ayers is just a missunderstood freedom fighter....

The tax cheat is now confirmed and will run the US Treasury Dept and the IRS

Only in America with liberal running things....

DannyR
01-27-2009, 06:25 PM
Funny how Obama's buddies like Ayers and Wright are now coming out in the open and talking now that the election is over

Wright never stopped talking that I saw.

red states rule
01-27-2009, 06:28 PM

Wright never stopped talking that I saw.

He did disappear for awhile - then like bad penny and media whore - he came back

Hey, he is another one of Obama friends - and he is Obama's spiritual advisor

DannyR
01-27-2009, 06:31 PM

I thought all us lefties were godless communists.

red states rule
01-27-2009, 06:33 PM

http://www.strangepolitics.com/images/content/136310.jpg

manu1959
01-27-2009, 06:38 PM

not when you are running for office........

DannyR
01-27-2009, 06:44 PM
Ah, very true. You gotta suck up to the bible thumpers and rednecks after all.

manu1959
01-27-2009, 06:46 PM
Ah, very true. You gotta suck up to the bible thumpers and rednecks after all.

ya you wouldn't want anyone with a gun mad at you.....

DannyR
01-27-2009, 06:47 PM
Us lefties own guns. You forget, we only want to take them away from OTHERS. :salute:

manu1959
01-27-2009, 06:49 PM
Us lefties own guns. You forget, we only want to take them away from OTHERS. :salute:

why do you all need a gun .... you tend to kill them in the womb before they can defend themselves....

red states rule
01-27-2009, 06:52 PM
why do you all need a gun .... you tend to kill them in the womb before they can defend themselves....

Pelosi says the fewer babies the better. That way there is less of a burden to the government

manu1959
01-27-2009, 07:20 PM
Pelosi says the fewer babies the better. That way there is less of a burden to the government

they keep killing their voting block.....

Kathianne
01-27-2009, 07:26 PM

snip

Ayers planned out incidents that did lead to deaths, he participated and planned others that were meant to, but as with the Palestinians, they weren't very good at it. Doesn't make them less terroristic though.

actsnoblemartin
01-27-2009, 09:02 PM
I put up with him, but i wont cry at his funeral either

hopefully sooner then later :coffee: