PDA

View Full Version : Democrats Start Petition Against Rush Limbaugh

red states rule
01-28-2009, 05:59 AM
Rush should have a great time with this on his show. Dems keep providing the material :laugh2:

http://newsbusters.org/static/2009/01/Democrat%20Petition%20Against%20Rush%20Limbaugh.jp g

Stand Strong Against Rush Limbaugh
WATCH THE OUTRAGEOUS VIDEO AND SIGN THE PETITION >>

DCCC Executive Director Brian Wolff sent the following message to DCCC supporters:

Dear Friend,

Last week, Rush Limbaugh gave us a preview of the outrageous Republican attacks that are on the way against President Obama and every Democrat working for change. Rush actually said that he 'hopes' President Obama fails to meet America's challenges.

Listen to Rush in his own words, saying "I hope he fails."

Limbaugh's cheap shot at President Obama might be the first by the Republican attack machine this year but we know that it won't be the last.

We need every grassroots Democrat to show Rush Limbaugh and all of the Republicans what they're up against if they start attacking President Obama and Democrats who are working to end the failed GOP policies of the last eight years.

Tell Rush what you think of his attacks on President Obama. We'll send him your comments.

Jobs, health care, our place in the world - the stakes for our nation are high and every American needs President Obama to succeed. Creating real change requires every American stand strong against Rush Limbaugh's attacks - and all of the other partisan attacks from desperate Republicans that are on the way.

Let's start right here and now.

Brian Wolff
Executive Director, DCCC

http://dccc.org/blog/archives/stand_strong_against_rush_limbaugh/

red states rule
01-28-2009, 08:28 AM
Rush Responds to Democrat E-mail Petition Against Him:

"I am greatly puzzled. Why would the Democrats petition against me if I am doing such terrible damage to the GOP?

http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/home/today.guest.html

Abbey Marie
01-28-2009, 09:12 AM
[QUOTE=red states rule;343421]
Last week, Rush Limbaugh gave us a preview of the outrageous Republican attacks that are on the way against President Obama and every Democrat working for change. Rush actually said that he 'hopes' President Obama fails to meet America's challenges.

Listen to Rush in his own words, saying "I hope he fails."

Limbaugh's cheap shot at President Obama might be the first by the Republican attack machine this year but we know that it won't be the last.

We need every grassroots Democrat to show Rush Limbaugh and all of the Republicans what they're up against if they start attacking President Obama and Democrats who are working to end the failed GOP policies of the last eight years.

Tell Rush what you think of his attacks on President Obama. We'll send him your comments.
The bolded comments are the key here. As we had predicted here during the campaign (especially you, Stephanie), criticism of the Holy One will not be tolerated. I have never seen any politician so worshipped and so defended.
It is of vital importance that we Amercians not bow to this kind of anti-1st Amendment pressure. As many Dems on here loved to say as they trashed President Bush and his policies every which way but Sunday, dissent is American. We do not forget.

red states rule
01-28-2009, 09:18 AM
[QUOTE]
The bolded comments are the key here. As we had predicted here during the campaign (especially you, Stephanie), criticism of the Holy One will not be tolerated. I have never seen any politician so worshipped and so defended.
It is of vital importance that we Amercians not bow to this kind of anti-1st Amendment pressure. As many Dems on here loved to say as they trashed President Bush and his policies every which way but Sunday, dissent is American. We do not forget.

Democrats are so proud of their celebrities spewing out political nonsense and criticism, and now Limbaugh does it, and they organize a petition?

GW in Ohio
01-28-2009, 09:29 AM
Oh, Jesus.....

Listen, friends, Rush Limbaugh is simply not important enough to cause this kind of reaction. Rush is a self-important blowhard who looks for any opportunity to inflate his own importance.

Rush isn't important. He's not significant. He functions as an affirmation of right wingers' fears and prejudices. In the larger scheme of things, though, he just doesn't matter. I guarantee you, Barack Obama doesn't concern himself with Limbaugh. Why would he? Limbaugh preaches to the right-wing choir. He's got his dedicated following, but that's about it. He has no influence beyond that narrow, right-wing core of followers.

I used to listen to Rush, from about '88 to '98, when I was a die-hard Republican, and I found him to be a great source of information and satire. But lately, when I've tried to listen to him, he just seems boring and tedious. He talks about himself as much as he talks about politics.

Although my politics have changed in the last 10 years, I think Rush has changed, also. He seems stale and repetitious. You can't keep doing what he's been doing for 20 years and not get bored with it. That was most likely one of the reasons why he got hooked on Oxycontin......boredom.

theHawk
01-28-2009, 09:29 AM
Why not just call it the "Stop Free Speech" campaign? They cannot let people dissent during the reign of the Great Unifier. :lol:

theHawk
01-28-2009, 09:31 AM
Oh, Jesus.....

Listen, friends, Rush Limbaugh is simply not important enough to cause this kind of reaction. Rush is a self-important blowhard who looks for any opportunity to inflate his own importance.

Rush isn't important. He's not significant. He functions as an affirmation of right wingers' fears and prejudices. In the larger scheme of things, though, he just doesn't matter. I guarantee you, Barack Obama doesn't concern himself with Limbaugh. Why would he? Limbaugh preaches to the right-wing choir. He's got his dedicated following, but that's about it. He has no influence beyond that narrow, right-wing core of followers.

I used to listen to Rush, from about '88 to '98, when I was a die-hard Republican, and I found him to be a great source of information and satire. But lately, when I've tried to listen to him, he just seems boring and tedious. He talks about himself as much as he talks about politics.

Although my politics have changed in the last 10 years, I think Rush has changed, also. He seems stale and repetitious. You can't keep doing what he's been doing for 20 years and not get bored with it. That was most likely one of the reasons why he got hooked on Oxycontin......boredom.

Keep telling yourself that plucky. 'He's not important', yea....thats why Obama himself has addressed Rush by name.

red states rule
01-28-2009, 09:32 AM
Oh, Jesus.....

Maybe you forgot about Harry Reid's Smear letter in October 2007, signed by many Democrat Senators?

All I can say is "angry liberals"

Rush's ratings will go up, and Obama and Obama's and the Dem congress will see their approval ratings plummet.

Classact
01-28-2009, 10:52 AM
[QUOTE=Abbey;343446]

Democrats are so proud of their celebrities spewing out political nonsense and criticism, and now Limbaugh does it, and they organize a petition?If President Bush had made a similar comment to Democrats with similar advice about listening to Keith Olbermann would President Bush been seen as elevating Keith Olbermann to a position he doesn’t warrant? It’s kind of like if President Washington and VP Adams ordering Jefferson supporters not to listen to or read anything Thomas Paine had to say, too funny! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A38mW2Il48k

red states rule
01-28-2009, 10:57 AM
Persecuting Limbaugh goes against everything America stands for.

Liberalism is all about control - and this is just another example of trying to control.

Anyone remember this:

“I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration, somehow you’re not patriotic, and we should stand up and say, “WE ARE AMERICANS AND WE HAVE A RIGHT TO DEBATE AND DISAGREE WITH ANY ADMINISTRATION!”

It was screamed by Hillary Clinton

Yurt
01-28-2009, 11:11 AM
wow, the dems are truly scared witless of rush...

this makes me want rush to have even more success that he currently enjoys. if he brings the dems to a tizzy like this, awesome. his voice will be heard while many other voices will not.

red states rule
01-28-2009, 11:15 AM
wow, the dems are truly scared witless of rush...

this makes me want rush to have even more success that he currently enjoys. if he brings the dems to a tizzy like this, awesome. his voice will be heard while many other voices will not.

Say, wasn't Rush supposed to be "irrelevant" now?

The point is, Obama is attempting to take the US in the wrong direction - his failure would be America's success

Yurt
01-28-2009, 11:28 AM
yeah, if rush is so insignificant, a petition would not be need and rush would go by the wayside like airhead america

red states rule
01-28-2009, 11:51 AM
yeah, if rush is so insignificant, a petition would not be need and rush would go by the wayside like airhead america

and CNN is getting into the act

CNN’s Jack Cafferty Slams Limbaugh as 'Corpulent Oxycontin Aficionado'
By Matthew Balan (Bio | Archive)
January 27, 2009 - 18:51 ET

CNN commentator Jack Cafferty, who had bashed House Speaker Nancy Pelosi for “starting to sound a little like Chairman Mao” the previous day, labeled Rush Limbaugh “that corpulent Oxycontin aficionado of right-wing talk radio” during his usual “Cafferty File” segment on Tuesday’s Situation Room. The slam came during as Cafferty launched a mild criticism of President Obama’s first week in office on issues like his reluctance to answer questions from the press, the closing of Guantanamo Bay, and making an exception on his ban on lobbyists from his administration.

Cafferty began his commentary, which aired nine minutes into the 5 pm Eastern hour of the CNN program, by acclaiming the apparent success of President Obama’s first week in the White House: “It’s been exactly one week since Barack Obama became our 44th president -- what a week it’s been: signing executive orders; meeting with his teams of advisers on the economy, national security, Iraq, the Middle East.” He continued by focusing on how the new president has also been “learning some things along the way,” and began his critique of some of the actions by the Democratic executive, which included his smear of the conservative talk show host.

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/matthew-balan/2009/01/27/cnn-s-jack-cafferty-slams-limbaugh-corpulent-oxycontin-aficionado

Yurt
01-28-2009, 11:53 AM
its funny, they bash rush for his prescription drug misuse, but stay utterly silent on the president doing cocaine and who knows what else

red states rule
01-28-2009, 11:54 AM
its funny, they bash rush for his prescription drug misuse, but stay utterly silent on the president doing cocaine and who knows what else

Yurt, if not for their double standards, liberals would have no standards at all

Abbey Marie
01-28-2009, 12:58 PM
Oh, Jesus.....

GW, since your Great Savior took the time (in his first few days in office, no less) to warn us about Rush, you are saying that he hasn't the ability to judge what is important. That's a scary limitation for a prez to have.

red states rule
01-28-2009, 01:01 PM
GW, since your Great Savior took the time (in his first few days in office, no less) to warn us about Rush, you are saying that he hasn't the ability to judge what is important. That's a scary limitation for a prez to have.

Abbey, Democrats are showing their true colors. Libs talk about "bi-partisanship" just so long as that means that everyone agrees with them. They can not stand to read or hear a dissenting viewbecause it goes against their belief that they think they know what is best for everyone.

Did these same libs sepak out when Harry Reid, Al Gore, Hillary, and others called Pres Bush total failure?

Or when Dems called Pres Bush a liar on the floor of Congress?

No they did not since they were the ones doing the attacking

Abbey Marie
01-28-2009, 01:09 PM
Why not just call it the "Stop Free Speech" campaign? They cannot let people dissent during the reign of the Great Unifier. :lol:

Perhaps this will be this administration's official symbol:

http://i335.photobucket.com/albums/m472/reformislam/NoFreeSpeech.gif

red states rule
01-28-2009, 01:16 PM
How the left wants to see Rush

http://newsbusters.org/static/2007/08/HushRush.jpg

red states rule
01-28-2009, 01:35 PM
http://ryskindsketchbook.files.wordpress.com/2008/07/unfair.jpg

Yurt
01-28-2009, 01:50 PM
i'm interested in how much rush's listernship has gone up thanks to obammy

red states rule
01-29-2009, 12:53 PM
i'm interested in how much rush's listernship has gone up thanks to obammy

Libs are more worried about Rush speaking out against Obama, then Little Adolf in Iran getting nukes

actsnoblemartin
01-29-2009, 12:55 PM
http://ryskindsketchbook.files.wordpress.com/2008/07/unfair.jpg

:laugh:

red states rule
01-29-2009, 02:29 PM
DCCC Chairman Chris Van Hollen Condemns Rush Limbaugh’s Comment Hoping President Obama Fails

DCCC Chairman Chris Van Hollen released the following statement in response to conservative commentator Rush Limbaugh's outrageous remark saying that he ‘hopes' President Obama fails.

"Rush Limbaugh's reprehensible remark that he ‘hopes' President Obama fails to meet the extraordinary economic challenges Americas face has no place in the public discourse.

"Mr. Limbaugh's comments politicize the economic struggle of millions of hard working Americans. With the unemployment rate over seven percent, today's news that 62,000 more Americans filed for unemployment benefits last week, and millions of Americans struggling to keep their health care and homes, all Americans, regardless of their ideology, hope that President Obama succeeds in getting people back to work and turning our economy around."

http://dccc.org/blog/archives/dccc_chairman_chris_van_hollen_condemns_rush_limba ughs_comment_hoping_presi/

Excuse me Mr Hollen, Rush's comment (which you took out of context) does belong in the public discourse - and the First Amendment says so

Dems are constantly trying to silence those who are pointing out how Dems are only going to make things worse with their insane spending

Sitarro
01-29-2009, 02:53 PM
I've been listening to Rush's program for over 14 years, almost every day. When I worked every day on golf courses around the world, he was a familiar voice that made me feel home(only an hour a day on the Armed Forces Network while in Puerto Rico).

At first, when I had no interest in politics and voted like my friends, my Dad told me about Rush's show and how he was so happy to hear someone on the radio that talked about politics and agreed with everything he believed in. I was on the road all day as an account rep in Colorado and out working on golf courses when I could put together 3-4 day weekends, I started tuning in to his show. I didn't like him, I didn't like his loud boisterous style and his hatred for the environment was a huge turn off. I told my Dad and he just laughed and said that I didn't get him. This was when George Bush senior was still President and I flipped off his motorcade because I figured that is what a good little anarchist would do, I was not an individual even though I thought I was(I voted for Michael Dukakis! This is the first time I've admitted it, oh the shame!).

The O.J. trial was starting and I would listen to a show that had an attorney for a host and was really interesting, Rush's show came on after that. Because I was in my truck driving all over Colorado, I got hooked to the radio and these shows, I started to understand who Rush was, his sense of humor and why his show was like it is. He also changed how I looked at politics, I became more interested and started paying more attention, I actually started watching C-SPAN. What I found out was that not only is Rush incredibly funny, he is right most of the time.

His knowledge and understanding of politics is well beyond that of any of the talking heads that anchor the news programs and I would also bet he knows more than most of the idiots in Congress. He certainly is sharper than the new President, this will be fun to watch and listen to. President B. Hussein has made another huge mistake by taking him on, he will not win this one. Rush has plenty of what Barry has very little of, common sense(Barry thought a window was a door at the White House), he would kick Osama's skinny ass in a debate any day.

Oh, as for the Oxy bullshit, these highly addictive drugs were prescribed by his doctors for severe back pain, the doctors didn't notice his addiction and because of this, he lost his hearing. He also was very public about his problem and did something about it, he is stronger now because of it. Leave it to liberals to throw it back in the face of people who admit their weaknesses and conquer them.

red states rule
01-29-2009, 02:58 PM
Dems are writing a new list of rules

Some of those now include

1) You will not ask questions of Pres Obama's policies

2) You will ignore right wing "talking points".

Abbey Marie
01-29-2009, 03:48 PM
I voted for Michael Dukakis! This is the first time
I've admitted it, oh the shame!).

Gulp. I still love you. http://www.websmileys.com/sm/love/246.gif

Sitarro
01-30-2009, 02:55 AM
Gulp. I still love you. http://www.websmileys.com/sm/love/246.gif

You are so kind to take pity on me........
I still can't believe I admitted it. I had blocked it from my mind and it resurfaced when I was thinking what a dufuss I was when I was an ignorant liberal so many years ago. Luckily, I grew out of it, obviously many weren't so lucky.:laugh2::eek:

red states rule
01-30-2009, 06:47 AM
For the last almost nine years I've heard the left state that questioning authority and dissent are "patriotic".

Now that their guy Obama is in office, I don't see any liberals questioning his authority.

Now those same libs are in a tizzy when people like Rush, Sean, or anyone for that matter asks questions and disagrees with Obama

Is dissent still cool if the right uses it?

I suspect with the chnage in power, dissent now unpatriotic, it is also hateful and racist to the left

Abbey Marie
01-30-2009, 01:12 PM
You are so kind to take pity on me........
I still can't believe I admitted it. I had blocked it from my mind and it resurfaced when I was thinking what a dufuss I was when I was an ignorant liberal so many years ago. Luckily, I grew out of it, obviously many weren't so lucky.:laugh2::eek:

Don't feel too badly- I was a liberal and a feminist. It's like AA- we need to support each other so we never falter and go back to our dependent (on government) addictions.

red states rule
01-30-2009, 01:16 PM
Don't feel too badly- I was a liberal and a feminist. It's like AA- we need to support each other so we never falter and go back to our dependent (on government) addictions.

Abbey, here is the 12 Step Plan for Liberals

1. Admit that you are powerless and that your life is best managed by strict adherence to progressive ideology.

Congratulations for taking this, your first step towards recovery. You will soon find a new global community of friends that are just like you. Your first step requires you to surrender independent thinking and acknowledge the wisdom of the majority. It is essential you learn to disregard facts in favor of consensus. Consensus to be defined by your sponsor, the Democrat party.

2. Come to believe that the power of progressive ideas can restore you to popularity and boost your self-esteem.

This step opens a vista of new hope and, if completed successfully, will guarantee you instant popularity and numerous social opportunities. Please visit www.move-on.org for the most current definition of progressive ideas. Keep in mind, it is not necessary to actually believe in these ideas but you must learn to give the impression that you do. (For the learning challenged, this means it's OK to fake it.) Relax, have fun. You'll be amazed how easy it is to fool most people.

3. Make a decision to turn your will and your life over to the Democrat party.

This is a crucial step. It is necessary you learn how to take instruction and follow directions.This step can be complicated. Please access detailed instructions @ surrendernow.com (credit card required)

4. Make a fearless and searching inventory of all your Republican and conservative friends.

For help on this step, it is suggested you refer to Al Gore's book 'Earth in The Balance.' Inventory should include, but not be limited to, sins against the environment. Other examples include ownership of SUV's, belief in free markets, holding pro-life views, voting Republican, watching Fox News, and/or supporting the phony 'war on terror.'

5. Publicly admit the exact nature of all the past wrongs committed by America.

This step is crucial and mandatory. Past wrongs must include America's shameful legacy of slavery, oppression, patriarchy and unbridled greed (capitalism). To thoroughly master this step, it will be necessary to refer to the teachings of Ward Churchill, Karl Marx, Noam Chomsky and Hillary's college thesis. Other examples of America's shameful sins may be accessed @ Edwards2008.com (credit card required)

6. Be entirely ready to renounce America, conservatives and Republicans.
This step is an integral part of recovery. It must be practised every day. The good news is, you're now far enough along in your recovery to exercise some freedom in your choice of platforms. Letters To The Editor, bumper stickers and T-shirts are excellent ways to signal your renunciation of your old way of thinking. For the truly dedicated, a list of willing media outlets is available through FAIR (Fairness and Accuracy In Media) or simply google 'mainstream media.'

7. Humbly ask the global community for forgiveness for America's sin of slavery, homophobia, patriarchy, arrogance, egalitarianism and all other sins. "Better to appear virtuous than to be virtuous" - Machiavelli

8. Make a list of all conservatives you know and become willing to remove them from your life.
Exceptions can be made for family members, said exceptions not to exceed two years.

9. Make direct amends to the Democrats and to Mother Earth

Direct amends are limited to $2,000 yearly but exceptions will be made. Contact Hillarycash.org for detailed instructions on how to invest your fair share. For amends to Mother Earth (this will cover ALL your environmental sins) it is recommended you purchase 'carbon credits'. These credits may be purchased at Al Gore's 'giveusyourguilt.com'

Attention: You must be officially certified carbon neutral in order to have successfully completed this step.

10. Continue to take inventory of all Republicans and conservatives, and when they are wrong, promptly inform the Democrat Party and the media.
As stated in Step 6, you may access willing media outlets by contacting FAIR (Fairness and Balance in Media). To contact the Democrat party, please refer to your daily talking points e-mail for current list of approved Democrat head honchos.

Attention: Democrat head honchos can and will change suddenly. We expect to resolve this problem shortly, as evidenced by our campaign against Fox News and our aggressive plan to reinstate the Fairness Doctrine. We counsel patience.

11. Seek through group hugs and daily talking points to improve your standing with fellow liberals, knowing that they know best and are there to help you.

To ensure your sustained recovery, it is strongly recommended that you examine your feelings daily. Hugs to fellow liberals (especially liberals of Color) are suggested. And remember, crying is good. Especially if you fall within the approved category of 'victims' (See attached 'victim' list)

12. Having been successfully rehabilitated, it is now your duty to spread this message.

Congratulations, having successfully completed these 12 steps, you have gained membership in the most elite group in America. Feel free to take pride in yourself and show others your self esteem. Don't forget to register your e-mail address with centraltalkingpoints.com in order to stay abreast of the most correct thinking. Now go out and take pride in yourself.

Remember: Do Unto Others Before They Do Unto You

http://www.rightbias.com/News/073107step.aspx

Sitarro
01-30-2009, 01:33 PM

I've got your back....... I'm your Huckleberry!:cool:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nx1TWk-V4P0
:)

Abbey Marie
01-30-2009, 01:52 PM
I've got your back....... I'm your Huckleberry!:cool:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nx1TWk-V4P0
:)

Darn, I couldn't rep you. You know I would rep you 100 times for that if I could. :beer: