PDA

View Full Version : Freed Gitmo Detainee Kills 12

red states rule
01-28-2009, 06:17 AM
What happens if Pres Obama closes Gitmo, and more get freed?

Bomber's Martyrdom Tape Renews Fears Over Consequences of Closing Gitmo

As President Obama pushes for the closure of Guantanamo Bay prison, the debate over where to house the terror detainees being held there is heating up.

An exclusive video of a former Gitmo detainee's martyrdom tape, obtained by FOX News, is a reminder of the concerns that terror suspects — who have been held but released from Guantanamo Bay — are increasingly returning to the fight against the United States and its allies.

Abdallah Ali al-Ajmi was transferred back to his home country of Kuwait after his release from Guantanamo in 2005. Last April he blew himself up in a homicide attack that killed 12 people in Mosul, Iraq.

Al-Ajmi, known in Guantanamo as Detainee 220, made his martyrdom tape before the attack.

"In the name of Allah, most compassionate, most merciful and prayers and peace be upon our Prophet," al-Ajmi says in the video. "I thank Allah, Lord of the Worlds, who freed me from Guantanamo prison and, after we were tortured, connected me with the Islamic State of Iraq [ISI]. And it is the gift of Allah to follow the path of this nation, the ISI."

In the video, translated by the NEFA Foundation, a non-profit that tracks terror groups, al-Ajmi mentions Guantanamo Bay right away. For many jihadists, having served time at Guantanamo is seen as a badge of honor.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,483764,00.html

johnney
01-28-2009, 07:37 AM
nice, lets pull out now and let them all suicide bomb each other back to the stone age.

red states rule
01-28-2009, 07:41 AM
nice, lets pull out now and let them all suicide bomb each other back to the stone age.

Haven't you heard?

The war on terror is over, it's time to free the "freedpm fighters"

johnney
01-28-2009, 07:54 AM
i am still a firm believer that we should have just carpet bombed that entire area over there from the start and jsut kept going til there was just rocks left

red states rule
01-28-2009, 07:56 AM
i am still a firm believer that we should have just carpet bombed that entire area over there from the start and jsut kept going til there was just rocks left

Not a bad idea

But given the fact libs are running things, how about this?

Close Gitmo, and house put the "freedom fighters" up in the White House.

Pres Obama can then sit down. and talk to them

Then they will become law abiding citizens and love America

Right?

johnney
01-28-2009, 08:00 AM
oh yeah sure, that will work! then we can all go to famous dave and some spare ribs and bbq chicken.

:dance:

red states rule
01-28-2009, 08:05 AM
oh yeah sure, that will work! then we can all go to famous dave and some spare ribs and bbq chicken.

:dance:

But I wonder how liberals would feel if these "freedom fighters" were released in fornt of thier house

Would they feel safe? Would they welcome them into their home?

theHawk
01-28-2009, 09:34 AM
"In the name of Allah, most compassionate, most merciful and prayers and peace be upon our Prophet," al-Ajmi says in the video. "I thank Allah, Lord of the Worlds, who freed me from Guantanamo prison and, after we were tortured, connected me with the Islamic State of Iraq [ISI]. And it is the gift of Allah to follow the path of this nation, the ISI."

Abdallah Ali al-Ajmi was transferred back to his home country of Kuwait after his release from Guantanamo in 2005. Last April he blew himself up in a homicide attack that killed 12 people in Mosul, Iraq.

You see, torture does work.

red states rule
01-28-2009, 09:41 AM
You see, torture does work.

Well at least he died

But he took innocent people with him

Perhaps the way to avoid this is for our troops not to take prisoners anymore

crin63
01-28-2009, 11:16 AM
If Obama lets them go it will be Bush's fault if they continue acting as terrorists. If Obama keeps them locked up it will be Bush's fault for not dealing with it on his watch. If they are moved to America and stand trial it will be Bush's fault for not dealing with it on his watch.

No matter what or how anything happens to them, Bush will be blamed.

red states rule
01-28-2009, 11:59 AM
If Obama lets them go it will be Bush's fault if they continue acting as terrorists. If Obama keeps them locked up it will be Bush's fault for not dealing with it on his watch. If they are moved to America and stand trial it will be Bush's fault for not dealing with it on his watch.

No matter what or how anything happens to them, Bush will be blamed.

The war just escalated.

Arab culture scorns those who beg for peace, and show weakness

manu1959
01-28-2009, 12:17 PM
you all keep forgetting that they didin't hate us until bush got elected and they were all peace loving cab drivers and quickie mart clerks till we invaded their homeland to get their oil....all we have to do is appologize and leave iraq....oh and put bush and cheeney and richard clarke and george tenant in jali....

red states rule
01-28-2009, 12:19 PM
you all keep forgetting that they didin't hate us until bush got elected and they were all peace loving cab drivers and quickie mart clerks till we invaded their homeland to get their oil....all we have to do is appologize and leave iraq....oh and put bush and cheeney and richard clarke and george tenant in jali....

All libs supporting the closing of Gitmo, please notify Pres Obama how many spare rooms you have.

bullypulpit
02-01-2009, 01:22 PM
What happens if Pres Obama closes Gitmo, and more get freed?

Bomber's Martyrdom Tape Renews Fears Over Consequences of Closing Gitmo

As President Obama pushes for the closure of Guantanamo Bay prison, the debate over where to house the terror detainees being held there is heating up.

An exclusive video of a former Gitmo detainee's martyrdom tape, obtained by FOX News, is a reminder of the concerns that terror suspects — who have been held but released from Guantanamo Bay — are increasingly returning to the fight against the United States and its allies. Could it have been his experiences in US custody that led him to take that path?

Al-Ajmi, known in Guantanamo as Detainee 220, made his martyrdom tape before the attack.

In the video, translated by the NEFA Foundation, a non-profit that tracks terror groups, al-Ajmi mentions Guantanamo Bay right away. For many jihadists, having served time at Guantanamo is seen as a badge of honor.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,483764,00.html

Guess what...? It was the BUSH ADMINISTRATION that released him. Guess the irony escapes you.

red states rule
02-01-2009, 01:24 PM
Guess what...? It was the BUSH ADMINISTRATION that released him. Guess the irony escapes you.

and Obama wants to let them ALL go

Remember BP, please notify Pres Obama how many spare rooms you have.

bullypulpit
02-01-2009, 08:44 PM
and Obama wants to let them ALL go

Remember BP, please notify Pres Obama how many spare rooms you have.

Actually, I hear there's a ranch near Crawford, Texas that has a lot of brush to be cleared. And I'm sure the Bush's will need gardeners for their new home in Dallas. :laugh2:

red states rule
02-01-2009, 08:50 PM
Actually, I hear there's a ranch near Crawford, Texas that has a lot of brush to be cleared. And I'm sure the Bush's will need gardeners for their new home in Dallas. :laugh2:

Or Obama could send them back to his home city of Chicago. All the taxpayer money Obama gave his buddy Tony Rezko to develop low income homes need alot of work.

In fact nearly all of them are unfit for human habitation

If Obama is so smart, and so anxious to close Gitmo - one would think he would have a plan by now

gabosaurus
02-01-2009, 10:52 PM

EVERYTHING escapes RSR. He has no common sense and a total absence of character. The fact that a Gitmo prisoner released by the Bushies has killed people automatically caries over to the Obama administration.
It's brain drain, pure and simple. Nothing left to see here.

red states rule
02-01-2009, 10:54 PM
EVERYTHING escapes RSR. He has no common sense and a total absence of character. The fact that a Gitmo prisoner released by the Bushies has killed people automatically caries over to the Obama administration.

Any space available to house the released terrorists in your dog house Gabby - or do you take up all the room?

Is it true the Dept of Corrections in CA use you to cure sex offenders? :laugh2:

bullypulpit
02-02-2009, 06:42 AM
Or Obama could send them back to his home city of Chicago. All the taxpayer money Obama gave his buddy Tony Rezko to develop low income homes need alot of work.

In fact nearly all of them are unfit for human habitation

If Obama is so smart, and so anxious to close Gitmo - one would think he would have a plan by now

Bush dealt that hand, he needs to live with the consequences. Or is that notion unpalatable to you?

Now, if all you can do is dredge up old, debunked references to Tony Rezko and Bill Ayers, it would seem to me you're firing on an empty chamber...Yer outta intellectual ammo old son, not that you really had any to begin with.

You also have former prosecutors and judges at GITMO speaking out on the abuses and miscarriages of justice there, all occurring under the Bush administration. The question you and your fellow travelers are failing to ask is, "If these people were so dangerous, why were they released BY THE BUSH ADMINISTRATION?" And if they were released because no evidence had been found of the crimes they were accused of, was their treatment at GITMO the reason for their choosing their paths?

bullypulpit
02-02-2009, 06:43 AM

Yeah, but I like beating my head against the wall that is Red's ignorance and intransigence.