PDA

View Full Version : Hey Bam, that's not the door!

red states rule
01-28-2009, 03:23 PM
Well, at least we have confirmation that he's not the Messiah.

I bet Pres Bush put that door in before he left to confuse Pres Obama :laugh2:

http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g154/Zaneymom_2006/alg_obama_door.jpg

Hey Bam, that's not the door!
By LIISA O'NEILL
DAILY NEWS STAFF WRITER

It looks like President Obama hasn't gotten acquainted to his White House surroundings. On the way back to the Oval Office Tuesday, the President approached a paned window, instead of the actual door -- located a few feet to his right.

Doors didn't open automatically for Obama’s predecessor either. While making a hasty exit from a 2005 press conference in Beijing, former President George W. Bush tugged on the handles of a door, only to find it locked.

Bush laughed off the blunder, but the pictures still live on as part of Bush's lame duck legacy. However, there was little note taken of Obama's rookie mistake.

Obama, who was returning from meeting with Congressional leaders, may have been distracted by Republicans' icy reception to his $825 billion stimulus package, which is poised to pass on Wednesday even without a groundswell of Republican support.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/politics/2009/01/28/2009-01-28_hey_bam_thats_not_the_door.html

red states rule
01-28-2009, 05:15 PM
Reminds me of the Windex commercial

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/iqKS-hkhhh4&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/iqKS-hkhhh4&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

red states rule
01-29-2009, 02:54 PM

"Michelle, Michelle, come an open the door for me."

DannyR
01-29-2009, 03:04 PM
Its funny no matter which President does it.

red states rule
01-29-2009, 03:08 PM
Its funny no matter which President does it.

But the difference is, the liberal media ignores it when it is a Democrat President

DannyR
01-29-2009, 03:18 PM
But the difference is, the liberal media ignores it when it is a Democrat President

Second time I've heard that claim, but I still saw it first on CNN.

red states rule
01-29-2009, 03:19 PM

Second time I've heard that claim, but I still saw it first on CNN.

The NY Times ran photos of Pres Bush doing the same on the front page

With Obama - nothing

Silver
01-29-2009, 03:23 PM

Leno and Stewart and the rest of the liberal asswipes, butchered Bush for months for the same thing...Obama's screw-up will be ignored completely or die after one day...must be the right-wing media bias they try to tell us about....

darin
01-29-2009, 03:24 PM
Non democrats have no ground upon which to stand when they complain about how the Media highlighted GWB even most innocent goofs, if we demand they do the same to Obama.

They WONT. So it just makes reasonable people look WORSE when we complain.

Silver
01-29-2009, 03:27 PM
Non democrats have no ground upon which to stand when they complain about how the Media highlighted GWB even most innocent goofs, if we demand they do the same to Obama.

They WONT. So it just makes reasonable people look WORSE when we complain.

We don't "demand" they do the same...we just point out they won't .... to highlight the bias and hypocrisy of the left...

red states rule
01-29-2009, 03:29 PM
We don't "demand" they do the same...we just point out they won't .... to highlight the bias and hypocrisy of the left...

The door is clearly located about 10 feet to the right. The hinges were a dead giveaway

So much for Obama being "the Man" :laugh2:

DannyR
01-29-2009, 03:50 PM
Non democrats have no ground upon which to stand when they complain about how the Media highlighted GWB even most innocent goofs, if we demand they do the same to Obama

Problem is, you're expecting *left wing* sources to slam Obama. If I want to watch this clip, I'm sure to see it on Fox News. Original link likewise came from a right wing paper!

You guys bitch and complain about the "media", as if conservatives don't have a voice anywhere. You want bitching about Obama, listen to Coulter, O'Reily and Hannity. Thats where one would expect to find that kind of attack endlessly replayed.

Where were all the negative Iraq war stories on Fox over the last 5 years? Get over it already. Left wing news reports favorably on Obama. Right wing news reported just as favorably on Bush and will in turn slam Obama.

red states rule
01-30-2009, 06:51 AM
Non democrats have no ground upon which to stand when they complain about how the Media highlighted GWB even most innocent goofs, if we demand they do the same to Obama

Problem is, you're expecting *left wing* sources to slam Obama. If I want to watch this clip, I'm sure to see it on Fox News. Original link likewise came from a right wing paper!

You guys bitch and complain about the "media", as if conservatives don't have a voice anywhere. You want bitching about Obama, listen to Coulter, O'Reily and Hannity. Thats where one would expect to find that kind of attack endlessly replayed.

Where were all the negative Iraq war stories on Fox over the last 5 years? Get over it already. Left wing news reports favorably on Obama. Right wing news reported just as favorably on Bush and will in turn slam Obama.

Chill out Danny. For 8 years the liberal media has had a constant all out attack on Pres Bush

Evey word, every motion by Pres Bush has been savaged and has made front page news

Now it is pay back time. I will enjoy pointing out his errors - but I will call him an idiot and other names - as the tolerant left have done to Pres Bush

Push or Pull?

Is there a doorknob on that window?

DannyR
01-30-2009, 10:40 AM
Chill out Danny. For 8 years the liberal media has had a constant all out attack on Pres Bush
Every word, every motion by Pres Bush has been savaged and has made front page news
Now it is pay back time. I will enjoy pointing out his errors - but I will call him an idiot and other names - as the tolerant left have done to Pres Bush

And for 8 years before that the right wing media attacked Clinton, calling him names and savaging everything he did. And as you say, they are starting to do so again against Obama.

This is news? Nothing has changed here. Its not payback. Payback has already occurred. This is middle east diplomacy in action. Keep hurting the other guy for the alleged wrongs of the past, nevermind if those wrongs may have been deserved.

red states rule
01-30-2009, 10:42 AM

And for 8 years before that the right wing media attacked Clinton, and are starting to do so again against Obama.

This is news? Nothing has changed here.

What right wing media?

Some people went after Clinton for his criminal conduct

Maybe Obama was doing a Windex commercial?

Did anyone see a couple of crows laughing their heads off?

DannyR
01-30-2009, 10:44 AM
What right wing media?

Fox News, many conservative newspapers, pretty much ALL talk radio.

You guys bitch and moan that the "media" is biased, but simple fact is that you ignore where right wing dominates. Media isn't just ABC, NBC, CBS, CNN and the New York Times.

red states rule
01-30-2009, 10:46 AM
What right wing media?

Fox News, many conservative newspapers, pretty much ALL talk radio.

You guys bitch and moan that the "media" is biased, but simple fact is that you ignore where right wing dominates. Media isn't just ABC, NBC, CBS, CNN and the New York Times.

Oh you cry about 5% of the media being "right wing" and yet Dems want to silence them via the "Fairness Doctrine"

Sorry if I bothered you by posting a pic of Obam trying to open a window like it was a door

Get over it

DannyR
01-30-2009, 10:56 AM
Bothered me? I thought it funny.

Oh you cry about 5% of the media being "right wing"

5%? Where did you get that small figure?

Right wing dominates radio. Limbaugh's audience is larger than several major network newscasts.

FoxNews is the largest cable news provider and usually pulls in more viewers than CNN/MSNBC combined.

red states rule
01-30-2009, 10:59 AM
Bothered me? I thought it funny.

Oh you cry about 5% of the media being "right wing"

5%? Where did you get that small figure?

Right wing dominates radio. Limbaugh's audience is larger than several major network newscasts.

FoxNews is the largest cable news provider and usually pulls in more viewers than CNN/MSNBC combined.

There are how many thousands of radio stations out there and Rush in on less then 600

You have Air Amercia, NPR, and a slew of liberal talk show hosts on the radio

Most of the nations newspapers are left leaning

All of the broadcast networks support Dems

Fox News is fair and balanced. They have as many liberals on as they conservative

So my 5% number is close to the actual number

DannyR
01-30-2009, 11:09 AM
There are how many thousands of radio stations out there and Rush in on less then 600

Most play music and are not talk related. Right wing commentary easily dominates all talk radio broadcasts.

You have Air Amercia, NPR, and a slew of liberal talk show hosts on the radio

NPR is strong, but Air America and "liberal talk show hosts"? I don't think so. Air America can barely be heard anywhere. And hosts like Howard Stern aren't news oriented so much as entertainment oriented.

Most of the nations newspapers are left leaning

Most of the nations newspapers are going bankrupt. Internet is replacing it, and there are plenty of right wing internet sites.

All of the broadcast networks support Dems

And again, their ratings are less than what Rush might get on his show too.

Fox News is fair and balanced. They have as many liberals on as they conservative

Ok, thats just funny in its absurdity. I might as well say CNN is balanced because they have Glenn Beck. If you really believe Fox is "balanced" then you are way way too far gone drinking the kool aid.

So my 5% number is close to the actual number

Seems more like a persecution complex to me. Our nation is about 1/3 hard core conservatives, 1/4th hard core liberals, with the rest somewhere in between. The major networks may be more liberal, but they certainly don't represent 95% of all sources of news.

red states rule
01-30-2009, 11:14 AM
Bottom line is, your right wing media is a very small percentage of the overall media

BTW Glen Beck is no longer on CNN - he moved to Fox News for a bigger audience

Before Rush there were few talk radio stations - now even libs have their own shows. The problem is people decide NOT to listen to them. That is what psisses off liberals, and why they now want to silence conservatives