PDA

View Full Version : y'know who I really, really effing hate?

dan
01-31-2009, 04:50 PM
You're on the highway, you see signs for miles ahead of time saying "Left Lane closed ahead!!!", so you get in the right lane and go slowly like everyone else. I cannot stand the assholes who whip it out into the left lane, then haul ass all the way up to the point where the lane closes, then just sit there and wait for someone to let them in. And the only people that piss me off more than them are the idiots who actually let them in! I make a point of speeding up and getting right behind the car ahead of me when I'm passing these people so they know I'm going out of my way just to inconvenience them.

Also, whoever designed the construction job on I-20 in Augusta, GA that's been going on for over a year now!!!!!!! What should've been a 15-minute trip ended up taking 45 minutes.

Abbey Marie
01-31-2009, 04:55 PM
I cannot stand the assholes who whip it out into the left lane...

I agree Dan. People who whip it out in public should be ashamed!

(j/k. It is a pet peeve of mine, too).

dan
01-31-2009, 05:11 PM

:thumb:

Abbey, I'm the one that's supposed to be making these sorts of comments under your sincere posts, not the other way around!

01-31-2009, 08:35 PM
Oh I absolutely hate that too!

Jeff
01-31-2009, 08:37 PM
You're on the highway, you see signs for miles ahead of time saying "Left Lane closed ahead!!!", so you get in the right lane and go slowly like everyone else. I cannot stand the assholes who whip it out into the left lane, then haul ass all the way up to the point where the lane closes, then just sit there and wait for someone to let them in. And the only people that piss me off more than them are the idiots who actually let them in! I make a point of speeding up and getting right behind the car ahead of me when I'm passing these people so they know I'm going out of my way just to inconvenience them.

Also, whoever designed the construction job on I-20 in Augusta, GA that's been going on for over a year now!!!!!!! What should've been a 15-minute trip ended up taking 45 minutes.

I hate that also Dan, when in the big truck i have let the truck drift just a bit to the left ,LOL, and usually ya still get the 4 wheeler passing ya , but at least they let me know I'm #1 as they do so,LOL, but when we get to the end and they want in, I usually win that one, notice I said usually ,lol some would wreck there vehicle to get in front.
As for the traffic on I 20 hell Dan they been doing something there for quite a few years , hell ever state is the same way it seems , PA is the worst, seems like they are re doing all there bridges ( allot anyway) if ya don't get threw there before 7 pm at night , plan on sitting somewhere for a while .

emmett
01-31-2009, 09:16 PM

Funny you would mention that Dan. I work over there all week long. Whoever designed those stop at end entrance ramps ought to be taken out in the woods and molested.

I'm curious! What the hell was wrong with the extension of the Bobby Jones Freeway and where the hell is it going to go? Also, that damn entrance ramp coming off I-20 east onto the Bobby Jones, you have to stop at the end of it. ????????

emmett
01-31-2009, 09:18 PM

I try not to whip it out in public.... but sometimes it just happens!

:laugh2:

hjmick
01-31-2009, 09:22 PM
Come... Drive in California. You ain't seen nothin' yet!

hjmick
01-31-2009, 10:00 PM
Here ya go Dan, this should make those assholes think twice.

MOyt6imlgLo

It's not your average soccermom SUV!

Jeff
01-31-2009, 10:02 PM

LOL, I have done it, I delivered south of LA and then had 3 pick ups in and around LA, it was a adventure sure enough . :eek:

Yurt
01-31-2009, 10:05 PM

what....i use both blinkers at once, slow down to 10 miles an hour and then SAFELY change lanes and i do this 25 miles before the first sign that orders me to get into the next lane....i am not reactionary, i am proactionary.....

and i drink lattes with wheatgrass ssssuplementssss

hjmick
01-31-2009, 10:06 PM
LOL, I have done it, I delivered south of LA and then had 3 pick ups in and around LA, it was a adventure sure enough . :eek:

I avoid entering Los Angeles county at all costs. Some times it's unavoidable, but I have cut down my trips to about 4 or 5 a year.

dan
02-01-2009, 12:15 AM
Funny you would mention that Dan. I work over there all week long. Whoever designed those stop at end entrance ramps ought to be taken out in the woods and molested.

I'm curious! What the hell was wrong with the extension of the Bobby Jones Freeway and where the hell is it going to go? Also, that damn entrance ramp coming off I-20 east onto the Bobby Jones, you have to stop at the end of it. ????????

Yes!!!! Thank you! I also like the fact that at that on-ramp, where you have to merge from a complete stop, nobody wants to get in the left lane because it's so bumpy from driving over the grates.

I swear, every exit that you take in that area, you feel like you're driving into a work zone or like you're about to drive off a broken road or something. There are two back ways for me to get to Bobby Jones, but I-20 used to be the fastest.

5stringJeff
02-01-2009, 09:22 AM
Ok, I am typically a late merger. But I'm not the guy that goes all the way until I am physically blocked by construction cones. I just use the lanes that are available for as long as I'm able to drive and still merge with the other lane without causing a backup.

dan
02-01-2009, 11:32 AM
Ok, I am typically a late merger. But I'm not the guy that goes all the way until I am physically blocked by construction cones. I just use the lanes that are available for as long as I'm able to drive and still merge with the other lane without causing a backup.

This is fine, I'm talking about the people that it's obvious they're thinking 'why should I wait in this line, I'll just haul ass up there and someone will let me in.'

Immanuel
02-01-2009, 01:15 PM
Actually dan, the worse ones are the ones that whip out into the left lane drive all the way up to the closed lanes then force their way in making everyone they just passed slam on the brakes because these guys think they are better then everyone else and don't have to wait.

Immie

jackass
02-02-2009, 03:25 PM
This is fine, I'm talking about the people that it's obvious they're thinking 'why should I wait in this line, I'll just haul ass up there and someone will let me in.'

Ya know what I hate...??? When I have to FORCE myself back into line after cutting everyone else! What the F...!!! People are so rude at times...!

Abbey Marie
02-02-2009, 03:36 PM
Ya know what I hate...??? When I have to FORCE myself back into line after cutting everyone else! What the F...!!! People are so rude at times...!

Aha! You must be like those people who cut me off, then have the nerve to give me the finger!

dan
02-02-2009, 04:48 PM

Oh yeah, guy, you see that champagne-colored flash that blew by you as you were waiting for a good samaritan to let you in? That was me getting to my destination first!:finger3:

DannyR
02-02-2009, 05:20 PM
You're on the highway, you see signs for miles ahead of time saying "Left Lane closed ahead!!!", so you get in the right lane and go slowly like everyone else. I cannot stand the assholes who whip it out into the left lane, then haul ass all the way up to the point where the lane closes, then just sit there and wait for someone to let them in.

You know, if you actually merged at the point where the lane closes, rather than wasting a mile of good pavement, the traffic would flow a lot more quickly. Lane warning signs are there for when traffic is flowing at speed. In stop and go, the optimal merge is at the point where the lane closes. Expecting cars to get over earlier just eliminates a lane of traffic that could otherwise be used and allows cars to interweave unevenly, slowing down traffic.

This blog does a pretty good job of explaining why:

http://jksqr.blogspot.com/2008/09/optimal-lane-merging-part-1.html

Jeff
02-02-2009, 05:58 PM
You're on the highway, you see signs for miles ahead of time saying "Left Lane closed ahead!!!", so you get in the right lane and go slowly like everyone else. I cannot stand the assholes who whip it out into the left lane, then haul ass all the way up to the point where the lane closes, then just sit there and wait for someone to let them in.

You know, if you actually merged at the point where the lane closes, rather than wasting a mile of good pavement, the traffic would flow a lot more quickly. Lane warning signs are there for when traffic is flowing at speed. In stop and go, the optimal merge is at the point where the lane closes. Expecting cars to get over earlier just eliminates a lane of traffic that could otherwise be used and allows cars to interweave unevenly, slowing down traffic.

This blog does a pretty good job of explaining why:

http://jksqr.blogspot.com/2008/09/optimal-lane-merging-part-1.html

You are 100% correct, but ppl. aren't smart enough to merge , if you could get everyone to take a turn to merge into the open lane it would save all a bunch of time, but it won't happen , ppl are only worried about themselves , if they stopped and thought about it they would realize how much quicker they could get threw.
There are some states that will post signs saying " use both lanes until merge point" but then your back up starts at the merge point cause no one want's to let the other guy in.

dan
02-02-2009, 08:58 PM
Yeah, that's a great concept, but if everyone used both lanes all the way to the point where the lane closed, you know what you'd have? Two lines of stop-dead traffic.

jackass
02-03-2009, 10:42 AM
Yeah, that's a great concept, but if everyone used both lanes all the way to the point where the lane closed, you know what you'd have? Two lines of stop-dead traffic.

Not if people learned how to merge!

jimnyc
02-03-2009, 11:06 AM
I hate everyone, whether they drive properly or not.

dan
02-03-2009, 01:00 PM
Not if people learned how to merge!

This is like saying "we wouldn't have to put locks on our doors if people learned to not steal!" It's a nice theory, but the reality just doesn't work.

remie
02-03-2009, 02:54 PM
Here ya go Dan, this should make those assholes think twice.

MOyt6imlgLo

It's not your average soccermom SUV!

Oh man how I have wished for one of those.

DannyR
02-03-2009, 04:16 PM
I think they featured that car on Mythbuster's once. Gotta love a mini-gun.

Traffic is already usually stopped. Point of using the full lane is that it provides a very clear, unarguable point where the merge should occur. With one lane half-empty, cars move in and out of it as people try to jockey for position, and the result is actually slower traffic.

dan
02-03-2009, 04:53 PM
Traffic is already usually stopped. Point of using the full lane is that it provides a very clear, unarguable point where the merge should occur. With one lane half-empty, cars move in and out of it as people try to jockey for position, and the result is actually slower traffic.

But, if this were how things were, this is still going on the assumption that the people in the right lane will let those in the left merge in, which as I said before, I make a point not to do.

DannyR
02-03-2009, 05:02 PM
But, if this were how things were, this is still going on the assumption that the people in the right lane will let those in the left merge in, which as I said before, I make a point not to do.And I'll just pass you by and get in right in front of the slower car ahead of you, laughing as I pass, secure in the knowlege that merging where the lane ends is the BEST way to do it. ;)

Immanuel
02-03-2009, 06:46 PM
And I'll just pass you by and get in right in front of the slower car ahead of you, laughing as I pass, secure in the knowlege that merging where the lane ends is the BEST way to do it. ;)

Generally, people that do that don't look for a safe place to merge they simply force their way in making everyone behind them slam on the brakes. First one to do that causes the backup for the rest of the traffic period.

Immie