PDA

View Full Version : Children of single mothers over the years

Little-Acorn
01-31-2009, 10:05 PM
Time to dust off the old statistical database and bring it up to date.

First result out of the gate is:

http://www.Little-Acorn.com/pics/ChildrenSingleMothers00a.jpg

Comment?

02-01-2009, 02:11 AM
if this is just single mothers, what about single parents or single guardians? its down right scary what that would look like.

LiberalNation
02-01-2009, 02:14 AM
Comment?

I blame men........

males in general are clearly a subclass of humans who need to be treated as such.

02-01-2009, 02:22 AM
I blame men........

males in general are clearly a subclass of humans who need to be treated as such.

i blame selfish liberals.

Noir
02-01-2009, 05:18 AM
Erm, who cares?

I was raised by just my dad and I'm fine, other folk that have been raised by a single parent include Elvis, Morrissey and Oscer Wilde.

PostmodernProphet
02-01-2009, 07:15 AM
I blame men........

if it were that simple you wouldn't see a differential based on race....poverty and the welfare system are definitely involved.....we've had a system that rewarded families that broke up since the 60s.....now we're in a cycle that feeds itself......what is encouraging is the decline that began right after the welfare reforms put in place by Gingrich......

Little-Acorn
02-01-2009, 10:55 AM
Erm, who cares?

I was raised by just my dad and I'm fine, other folk that have been raised by a single parent include Elvis, Morrissey and Oscer Wilde.

And there are a lot of smokers who did not die of lung cancer. Does that mean we should quit pointing out the dangers of smoking?

Noir
02-01-2009, 11:53 AM
And there are a lot of smokers who did not die of lung cancer. Does that mean we should quit pointing out the dangers of smoking?

True, but, smoking is a personal choice, being single is not.

LiberalNation
02-01-2009, 12:09 PM
if it were that simple you wouldn't see a differential based on race....poverty and the welfare system are definitely involved.....we've had a system that rewarded families that broke up since the 60s.....now we're in a cycle that feeds itself......what is encouraging is the decline that began right after the welfare reforms put in place by Gingrich......

well live together but don't get married and you can still get the benifits. I have a lot of cousins who did it with their long time boyfriends. I wouldn't call it exactly single parenting with mommy and daddy both in the house.

emmett
02-01-2009, 12:18 PM
Last I checked it takes two people to create a life. I could be misinformed, please educate me!

It's men's fault? I'm confused!

I was a single parent all my life. Personally, I won't associate with a man who does not pay child support. As a business owner, I refused to employ an individual who did not. My choice! As to blaming men in general for single mothers. NO! I blame our culture, I blame a liberal philosophy, filled with compromises of human values for it. A woman is usually just as much to blame as the man in my opinion. People don't take the time to choose carefully their mates, take no precautions to prevent pregnancy and hurry to have sex as teens when abstinance should be encouraged, not a free sex society. Who is responsible for this? Surely not government, PARENTS!

Liberals continue to excuse our weaknesses. Birth control over Moral Values! That is a big part of it. Abortion being a quick fix. If abortion was illegal, I guarentee you less young girls would indulge in the risky behavior of pre-marital sex. If there was no welfare system I think it would deter this problem also, but instead we operate under the premise that government has the answer for our shortcomings. Government child care, Government funded planning, government funded welfare, legal abortion! All of these thins are direct deterrants to a morally suffiecient society and will continue to contribute to a rising problem so long as they are the case.

To say it is all men's fault is such a shallow statement. Why is not all woman's fault? Being single is NOT a personal choice? SURE IT IS!!!!!

LiberalNation
02-01-2009, 12:31 PM
yeah cuz their were no abortions or out of wedlock births before it's legalization.....

outlawings only effect would be an underground industry and forced miscarriages.

women are no longer property and can financial support themselves now, hence no need for a guy you don't like/want. I'd personally rather have it this way then the ol fashioned values which may have been fine for men but left women with little or no options.

Little-Acorn
02-01-2009, 01:15 PM
True, but, smoking is a personal choice, being single is not.

In fact, it usually is. And in many cases it is becoming more so - the the serious detriment of the children of those voluntarily single moms.

http://www.little-acorn.com/pics/StatusSingleMothers00a.jpg

PostmodernProphet
02-01-2009, 01:55 PM
I wouldn't call it exactly single parenting with mommy and daddy both in the house.

I wouldn't either...interesting point....I wonder if this study did.....

Little-Acorn
02-01-2009, 06:22 PM
I wouldn't either...interesting point....I wonder if this study did.....

If you were writing this, would you call that "single parenting"?

If not, then why would you think the study does?

In fact, the study goes the other way in one area. If a women is married, and has children at home, but her husband isn't there (ran away, or on permanent station in Thule Greenland or something), this study says she is a single mother. And correctly so - it's the presence of the father that makes the difference to the kids.

Noir
02-01-2009, 07:15 PM
In fact, it usually is. And in many cases it is becoming more so - the the serious detriment of the children of those voluntarily single moms.

http://www.little-acorn.com/pics/StatusSingleMothers00a.jpg

Really? How many people would chose to be alone as a single mum or dad? I'd say very few people would chose to live alone if they found someone they enjoyed being with, staying alone would make no sense. Ergo in the vast majority of cases it's not a choice.

02-01-2009, 08:23 PM
Really? How many people would chose to be alone as a single mum or dad? I'd say very few people would chose to live alone if they found someone they enjoyed being with, staying alone would make no sense. Ergo in the vast majority of cases it's not a choice.

Crazy idea. how about you decide whether you enjoy being with them before you jump into bed?

Noir
02-01-2009, 09:26 PM
Crazy idea. how about you decide whether you enjoy being with them before you jump into bed?

I'm sure they do, only a whore would have unprotected sex with someone who they don't really know. That however does not mean that you will stay together, people break up with eachother all the time, do you want people to not break up just because they have children?

02-01-2009, 11:00 PM
I'm sure they do, only a whore would have unprotected sex with someone who they don't really know. That however does not mean that you will stay together, people break up with eachother all the time, do you want people to not break up just because they have children?

Did you just not understand what I said?