PDA

View Full Version : Palin wants her share of the pie?

Yurt
02-01-2009, 01:50 AM
The 2008 GOP vice presidential nominee, Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin, planned to meet in Washington this weekend with Senate Republican leader Mitch McConnell of Kentucky and other senators to press for her state's share of the package.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090201/ap_on_go_co/stimulus_gop_governors

Kathianne
02-01-2009, 07:17 AM
The 2008 GOP vice presidential nominee, Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin, planned to meet in Washington this weekend with Senate Republican leader Mitch McConnell of Kentucky and other senators to press for her state's share of the package.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090201/ap_on_go_co/stimulus_gop_governors

Governors have different problems than congressional legislators. When hearing about the 'bailout' people respond with their ideology, thus it's smart for the legislators to consider their constituency. Governors on the other hand preside over the state, particularly infrastructure. People get mad at potholes, bridges falling, that sort of thing. Most of the states are drowning in debt, exacerbated by the rising costs of state pensions, a 'secret' that is going to be the next bubble to burst.

The governors are looking for any nickel they can find.

DannyR
02-01-2009, 02:30 PM

as are all of us. Sorry, sucking the government teet is bad no matter who you are, be it from a welfare queen or governor, and Alaska has been one of the worst offenders for some time and Palin's played her part.

As I said elsewhere, people call it "pork" only if its spent on the opposition party. You folks excuse it way too freely if its your own people on the receiving end.

Trigg
02-03-2009, 01:09 PM
The states and gov. need to start saving money during the boom times in order to have it to spend in the lean times. Isn't that economics 101?????

I'm proud to say that Indiana is doing much better than the surrounding states because we have sound leadership.

Trigg
02-03-2009, 01:11 PM

as are all of us. Sorry, sucking the government teet is bad no matter who you are, be it from a welfare queen or governor, and Alaska has been one of the worst offenders for some time and Palin's played her part.

As I said elsewhere, people call it "pork" only if its spent on the opposition party. You folks excuse it way too freely if its your own people on the receiving end.

Not all of us!!!

I am soundly against any sort of stimulus. Palin should be ashamed of herself for getting in line with her hand out.