PDA

View Full Version : Obama's economic experience

jimnyc
02-01-2009, 09:21 AM
An "unnamed" member here has proclaimed that Obama has a "shitload of economic experience". The citations/proof given was a Wikipedia page about him, but unfortunately as far as economic experience is concerned, it only showed that he worked on getting a website made to track federal spending.

Now, I'm sure he does have some economic experience as being a senator and community organizer in Illinois. But this unnamed member has stated the main reason that he was voted in over McCain was because of this shitload of experience. Now, McCain has decades of experience of working on economic initiatives. Whether you agree with those initiatives or not doesn't matter, it's still experience he has gained over the years working on the nations economy.

Can someone please show me how he is more experienced than McCain? And please don't tell me to look myself as this unnamed member has done, as I've looked and found minimal information.

Not one or two links to pet projects, but outline his "shitload" of experience.

Thanks!

PostmodernProphet
02-01-2009, 09:33 AM
outline his "shitload" of economic experience

he used to buy his own drugs.....

red states rule
02-01-2009, 09:34 AM
This tells you how much economic experience Obama has

http://images.cafepress.com/product/293980921v6_350x350_Front.jpg

What private sector jobs has he held?

He is great at promising free stuff to evryone, but his lack of economic experience prevents him from understanding SOMEONE has to pay for it

Kathianne
02-01-2009, 09:37 AM
Well he's doing well at tax collection, rich folk that haven't paid in years get nominated and pay up! It's a plan...

5stringJeff
02-01-2009, 09:49 AM
Two years as a Senator and a few years in the state legislature is not what I'd call a lot of experience.

red states rule
02-01-2009, 09:51 AM
Two years as a Senator and a few years in the state legislature is not what I'd call a lot of experience.

Well, he probably did learn how to vote himself a raise, and he knows very well how to raise taxes

Maybe that is what some consider a "shitload" of economic experience

jimnyc
02-01-2009, 10:34 AM

And how much of that time was spent exploring and running for the presidency? And how many times during that span did he vote "present"?

And even with the experience he gained, not a lot of it was economic related, and certainly not a "shitload".

emmett
02-01-2009, 10:50 AM
Unfortunately the time for examining his resume is pretty much over. He is the president. I don't like it, most of y'all don't like it, but it is so.

Selecting our president is not a matter of qualifications, it's a popularity contest. The strategy is simple really. Some simple math does it. Figure out which groups collectively will give you the votes you need and say the things they want to hear. In Obahaha's case, gays, college kids, blacks and other minorities, people with no health care and the uninformed. Result= 60 something million votes. Elementary my dear Watson.

Joe Steel
02-01-2009, 11:01 AM
Like all Americans who've endured the era of conservative-dominated economic policy, Obama knows what doesn't work. As a principled and well-educated individual, he knows who does and how to inspire them to help.

jimnyc
02-01-2009, 11:05 AM
Like all Americans who've endured the era conservative-dominated economic policy, Obama knows what doesn't work. As a principled and well-educated individual, he knows who does and how to inspire them to help.

So you're stating that even I have a "shitload" of economic experience because I endured the conservative era?

How about we make this easier and you just outline his experience for us instead of tapdancing and using fancy rhetoric? Can you just simply outline his economic experience for me?

Joe Steel
02-01-2009, 11:23 AM
So you're stating that even I have a "shitload" of economic experience because I endured the conservative era?

How about we make this easier and you just outline his experience for us instead of tapdancing and using fancy rhetoric? Can you just simply outline his economic experience for me?

He can call good economists, ask for advice and be assured they will be delighted to help.

Nukeman
02-01-2009, 11:33 AM
He can call good economists, ask for advice and be assured they will be delighted to help.

YOU HAVE GOT TO BE FUCKING KIDDING ME!!!!!!!!!:lol::lol::lol:

Where is the EXPERIENCE???????????????????

What is the EXPERIENCE??????????

jimnyc
02-01-2009, 11:41 AM

Why would he need assistance if he had a "shitload of economic experience"?

While what you state very well may be true, it doesn't answer my question. That's ok though as I knew the answer before I asked it.

moderate democrat
02-01-2009, 12:07 PM
I, for one, would never suggest that Obama was elected for his "experience". I would suggest, as I have, that he was elected for his leadership, and his vision, and his wisdom, and the hope that all of that gave America as to his ability to lead us out of the mess in which we find ourselves.

Joe Steel
02-01-2009, 12:17 PM
YOU HAVE GOT TO BE FUCKING KIDDING ME!!!!!!!!!

Not at all.

The president is responsible for administering a government which is involved in all aspects of American life. He can't be expected to be an expert in everything. He can be expected to be inspire the best minds. Obama can.

Joe Steel
02-01-2009, 12:19 PM
I, for one, would never suggest that Obama was elected for his "experience". I would suggest, as I have, that he was elected for his leadership, and his vision, and his wisdom, and the hope that all of that gave America as to his ability to lead us out of the mess in which we find ourselves.

Exactly.

That's the essence of a good leader and that's why we elected Obama.

jimnyc
02-01-2009, 12:22 PM

Not at all.

The president is responsible for administering a government which is involved in all aspects of American life. He can't be expected to be an expert in everything. He can be expected to be inspire the best minds. Obama can.

Exactly.

That's the essence of a good leader and that's why we elected Obama.

So in answer to my original question, referring to our "unnamed member", you guys can't cite Obama's "shitload of economic experience"?

While I won't dispute what either of you stated, my goal here is to see whether this member was talking out of his ass or if Obama truly does have the experience himself that this member spoke of, speaking economically.

moderate democrat
02-01-2009, 12:27 PM
So in answer to my original question, referring to our "unnamed member", you guys can't cite Obama's "shitload of economic experience"?

While I won't dispute what either of you stated, my goal here is to see whether this member was talking out of his ass or if Obama truly does have the experience himself that this member spoke of, speaking economically.

I would suggest that any reports of Obama's shitload of economic experience are slightly exaggerated.

5stringJeff
02-01-2009, 01:46 PM

Any President could do this. In fact, all do. That's not the point. The point is that Obama himself does not possess economic experience.

Yurt
02-01-2009, 04:47 PM
jimnyc, i can't believe you would challenge obama's experience....just look at how much economic experience HE claims he has:

OBAMA: I'VE GOT MORE EXPERIENCE THAN PALIN
By CARL CAMPANILELast updated: 7:33 am
September 3, 2008
Posted: 4:15 am
September 3, 2008

CLEVELAND - Barack Obama claimed yesterday that he has more executive experience than Sarah Palin, saying his role at the helm of a presidential campaign trumps her record as a mayor and as governor of Alaska.

"My understanding is that Governor Palin's town, Wasilla, has, I think, 50 employees. We've got 2,500 in this campaign. I think their budget is maybe $12 million a year. We have a budget of about three times that just for the month," Obama said, in response to a question on CNN.

The McCain campaign pounced.

"For Barack Obama to argue that he's experienced enough to be president because he's running for president is desperate circular logic and it's laughable," said McCain spokesman Tucker Bounds

http://www.nypost.com/seven/09032008/news/nationalnews/obama__ive_more_experience_than_palin_127205.htm