PDA

View Full Version : Jeff Sessions Shows Hypocrisy On Spending

JeffWartman
02-01-2009, 12:29 PM
Jeff Sessions Shows Hypocrisy On Spending
http://jeffwartman.com/jeff-sessions-shows-hypocrisy-on-spending/

Jeff Sessions, appearing on Fox News Sunday with Chris Wallace, attempted to explain his opposition to the Obama stimulus plan by stating that, "I don't think we need to saddle future generations with 1.2 trillion of debt."

He's right. It's wrong to saddle future generations with huge amounts of debt.

Yet it was Senator Jeff Sessions who was giving a rubber stamp to the Bush spending bills that added over 5 trillion dollars to the national debt. Where was Senator Sessions' outrage when this runway spending was occuring under the Great Spender, George W. Bush?

I'll wait, but I won't hold my breath.

5stringJeff
02-01-2009, 01:47 PM
Part of me hopes this is part of the GOP in general getting religion on deficits. But frankly, I don't think it will happen.

JeffWartman
02-01-2009, 05:26 PM
Part of me hopes this is part of the GOP in general getting religion on deficits. But frankly, I don't think it will happen.

I don't think so either. It's nothing more than mindless partisanship -- opposing this big spending bill because it's sponsored by someone with a D next to their name and supporting other huge spending bills because the sponsor has an R next to their name.

Limited government and cutting spending is dead within the GOP. End of story.

DannyR
02-01-2009, 08:04 PM

right now the best thing we can hope for with our country is that 2010 midterm elections will put a lot of budget conscious republicans back into office, just as 1994 did.

Our nation is best served in my opinion by a democratic president and a republican congress. And if we don't do something about uncontrolled spending soon, we'll soon be going the way of Russia as a superpower, having overspent ourselves into poverty.

Trigg
02-02-2009, 02:47 PM
I don't think so either. It's nothing more than mindless partisanship -- opposing this big spending bill because it's sponsored by someone with a D next to their name and supporting other huge spending bills because the sponsor has an R next to their name.

Limited government and cutting spending is dead within the GOP. End of story.

People need to stop voting party line and actually watch what some of these people are up to.

For the record. I was against the first stimulus to private citizens. I was pissed about the second one to the banks, and this one is just the nail in the coffin.

The next step, I fear, will be inflation. The gov. can't just keep printing money.

Psychoblues
02-04-2009, 04:49 AM
Considering the actions of Republicans going all the way back to Richard Nixon pretty much screws the goose on that, DannyR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

right now the best thing we can hope for with our country is that 2010 midterm elections will put a lot of budget conscious republicans back into office, just as 1994 did.

Our nation is best served in my opinion by a democratic president and a republican congress. And if we don't do something about uncontrolled spending soon, we'll soon be going the way of Russia as a superpower, having overspent ourselves into poverty.

Deficit spending is a Republican mantra and they really don't give a damn about what the rest of us think about it until their fiscal arguments begin about each election cycle. You do remember who delivered the last balanced and even surplus budget, don't you?!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!?!??! It was a cat fight for sure but the Dems prevailed on that one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Something to settle the mind???!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!

:beer::cheers2::beer:

Psychoblues