PDA

View Full Version : The Stain...

bullypulpit
02-01-2009, 01:32 PM
<a href=http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/7761315.stm>Guantanamo 'a stain on US military' </a>

So says Lt Col Darrel Vandeveld, a former US Army prosecutor at GITMO, who went on to say:

<blockquote>"I had zero doubts. I was a true believer."

But his zeal did not last long.

When he arrived, he says he found the prosecutor's office in chaos, with boxes scattered around the floor, files disorganised, evidence scattered in different places and no clear chain of command.

And more seriously, he soon discovered that defence lawyers were not receiving information which could help clear their clients, including evidence that suspects had been "mistreated" in order to secure confessions. </blockquote>

First was Susan J. Crawford and now Lt. Col. Vandeveld have testified as to the conditions and miscarriages of justice that occurred under the Bush administration at GITMO. It is a stain that is going to take a very long time to fade from America's reputation and standing in the world.

Psychoblues
02-04-2009, 04:34 AM
It will be generations for our chldren and grandchildren to work steadfastedly before our reputation as a fair society will be fully restored post gwb and his gangs of thugs.

I teach often and I never forget to point this out.

:beer::cheers2::beer:

Psychoblues