PDA

View Full Version : Stimuluswatch.org

red states rule
02-01-2009, 02:46 PM
Great website that lets you know about all the pork in the mega pork bill

http://www.stimuluswatch.org/

600,000,000 for an African American heritage trail - aka a racist heritage trail. How about a few million for a white man heritage trail?

17 Billion for a 100 acre energy efficient industrial zone - WTF!

$500 million to provide solar water heaters to rural families. Will the government heat my water too?

$386 million to build another convention center in Dallas...that's infrastructure? That should be a local project, funded locally.

$50,000 to "build" two dog parks. AKA a fenced in plot of grass. At least it's cheaper than the dog park in CA - $500,000 will make for one heck of a dog park.

Love the claim for the 100 acre industrial park, it will create lots of jobs. Temporary jobs at $10 million per job, but who's counting?

red states rule
02-01-2009, 06:54 PM
$17,500,000,000 for New Energy Efficiency Industrial Zones 100 Acres. They claim it will create 1,628 jobs

That is over $10 million per job

Who the hell thought this one up?

Yurt
02-01-2009, 07:00 PM

600,000,000 for an African American heritage trail - aka a racist heritage trail. How about a few million for a white man heritage trail?

$500 million to provide solar water heaters to rural families. Will the government heat my water too?

$386 million to build another convention center in Dallas...that's infrastructure? That should be a local project, funded locally.

$50,000 to "build" two dog parks. AKA a fenced in plot of grass. At least it's cheaper than the dog park in CA - $500,000 will make for one heck of a dog park.

Love the claim for the 100 acre industrial park, it will create lots of jobs. Temporary jobs at $10 million per job, but who's counting?

:eek:

red states rule
02-01-2009, 07:02 PM
Almost $1 billion dollars for a bridge on I-74 in Moline IL. What are they using to make the bridge - 24K gold?

DannyR
02-01-2009, 08:13 PM
Almost $1 billion dollars for a bridge on I-74 in Moline IL. What are they using to make the bridge - 24K gold?

Well, the I-74 bridge does about 100x the volume of the $400 million dollar Alaskan bridge to nowhere, so its an absolute bargain!

*lol*

Does make me wonder why they don't just make it a toll bridge. It was one when originally built, and should be upgraded in the same manner.

moderate democrat
02-01-2009, 10:44 PM

won't all those projects provide jobs and economic activity?

red states rule
02-01-2009, 10:45 PM

yea, some even cost the taxpayer TEN MILLION PER JOB

DannyR
02-01-2009, 10:46 PM

Allowing the taxpayers to keep their money and spend it directly will generate a bigger economic stimulus. There is intrinsic loss in the transfer of money from citizens to government then back to citizens.

red states rule
02-03-2009, 08:31 AM
nearly $8 million for a project called - Top 30 Residentials, creating 50 jobs

$7.2 million for a stimulus plan called " Operations Equiptment purchase" creating 35 jobs. Does that mean they are going to pay someone to go out and purchace equiptment?

$28.5 million for a stimulus called Top 30 Thoroughfares creating 150 jobs.

Replace and reposition 200 PLANTERS creating 10 jobs for $2 million dollars.

Automated fingerprint information system.. creating 1 (ONE) JOB for $1.25 million

Yep, real bang for the buck her folks :rolleyes:

moderate democrat
02-03-2009, 08:35 AM
yea, some even cost the taxpayer TEN MILLION PER JOB

ten million dollars worth of economic activity....

red states rule
02-03-2009, 08:38 AM
ten million dollars worth of economic activity....

You left out $1o MILLION PER JOB

Are you such a hack you ignore the cost to the taxpayer?

moderate democrat
02-03-2009, 08:39 AM

Well, the I-74 bridge does about 100x the volume of the $400 million dollar Alaskan bridge to nowhere, so its an absolute bargain!

*lol*

Does make me wonder why they don't just make it a toll bridge. It was one when originally built, and should be upgraded in the same manner.

The Mississippi is quite wide where I-74 crosses. The new bridge would replace two aging spans that are way too narrow to handle the commercial traffic that that road supports. That project is a major permanent upgrade to our country's crumbling infrastructure, and it will create LOTS of jobs and LOTS of economic activity in the Quad Cities area.

moderate democrat
02-03-2009, 08:40 AM
You left out $1o MILLION PER JOB

Are you such a hack you ignore the cost to the taxpayer?

I don't ignore it at all... I merely point out that all of that money will be plugged back into our economy creating jobs and economic activity..which are the goals of the stimulus package.

red states rule
02-03-2009, 08:41 AM
The Mississippi is quite wide where I-74 crosses. The new bridge would replace two aging spans that are way too narrow to handle the commercial traffic that that road supports. That project is a major permanent upgrade to our country's crumbling infrastructure, and it will create LOTS of jobs and LOTS of economic activity in the Quad Cities area.

Bullshit

400 jobs costing nearly $1 trillion is not "lots" of economic activity. Reminds of another poster who said Obama had a "shitload" of economic experience :laugh2:

red states rule
02-03-2009, 08:42 AM
I don't ignore it at all... I merely point out that all of that money will be plugged back into our economy creating jobs and economic activity..which are the goals of the stimulus package.

How? The taxpayer is getting screwed and the economy will not make enough gains to offset the borrowed money the government has to suck out of the private sector

moderate democrat
02-03-2009, 08:44 AM
How? The taxpayer is getting screwed and the economy will not make enough gains to offset the borrowed money the government has to suck out of the private sector

that is your opinion. I tend to disagree. Economic activity is what it is. Jobs are jobs. both stimulate the economy.

moderate democrat
02-03-2009, 08:46 AM
Bullshit

400 jobs costing nearly $1 trillion is not "lots" of economic activity. Reminds of another poster who said Obama had a "shitload" of economic experience :laugh2:

If you don't think that the quad cities will receive an incredible injection of economic activity and jobs by the construction of the new I-74 bridge there, you are nuts.

billion, not trillion, btw.

red states rule
02-03-2009, 08:47 AM
that is your opinion. I tend to disagree. Economic activity is what it is. Jobs are jobs. both stimulate the economy.

Where is the money going to come from? It comes from the private sector - i.s taxpayer

Is the money for the mega pork bill "paid for"? NO

Will it add to the deficit and debt? YES

All the things Dems have screamed about for the last 8 years - now that Obama is President Dems hav done a 180

red states rule
02-03-2009, 08:48 AM
If you don't think that the quad cities will receive an incredible injection of economic activity and jobs by the construction of the new I-74 bridge there, you are nuts.

billion, not trillion, btw.

The project has an "estimated" cost of nearly $1 trillion

As with most government projects the cost will go up big time - as most government projects do

The taxpayer gets screwed

moderate democrat
02-03-2009, 08:50 AM
The project has an "estimated" cost of nearly $1 trillion

As with most government projects the cost will go up big time - as most government projects do

The taxpayer gets screwed

give me a link that says the bridge will cost a trillion. your first post on the subject said "billion".

make up your mind.

moderate democrat
02-03-2009, 08:52 AM
Where is the money going to come from? It comes from the private sector - i.s taxpayer

Is the money for the mega pork bill "paid for"? NO

Will it add to the deficit and debt? YES

All the things Dems have screamed about for the last 8 years - now that Obama is President Dems hav done a 180

your boy dubya got us into a terrible mess... the people voted for Obama and want HIM to lead us out of it. If you are unhappy with that, you can whine now and vote for a republican in four years.... but little else, really.

red states rule
02-03-2009, 08:54 AM
your boy dubya got us into a terrible mess... the people voted for Obama and want HIM to lead us out of it. If you are unhappy with that, you can whine now and vote for a republican in four years.... but little else, really.

So your solution is to do the same things you bitched about - except on a higher level :rolleyes:

moderate democrat
02-03-2009, 08:55 AM
So your solution is to do the same things you bitched about - except on a higher level :rolleyes:

I don't think that Obama's economic stimulus plan is anything like what Bush did. And in any case.... you really are powerless to do anything about it until you can cast your one lone vote in 2012.

red states rule
02-03-2009, 09:00 AM
I don't think that Obama's economic stimulus plan is anything like what Bush did. And in any case.... you really are powerless to do anything about it until you can cast your one lone vote in 2012.

He is spending money we do not have. He is adding to the annual deficit. He is assing to the national debt

Same things libs bitched about for the last 8 years

More liberal hypocrisy

red states rule
02-03-2009, 09:08 AM
Key Democrat Says Lawmakers Should Strip 'Tens of Billions' From Stimulus

The President met with Democratic congressional leaders to discuss the economic recovery plan Monday, agreeing on the urgency of passing effective legislation and achieving bipartisan consensus, the White House said Monday evening.

But a key Democratic senator told FOX News that he wants to strip "tens of billions" of dollars from the economic stimulus proposal, rejecting the White House claim that senators are complaining about just a tiny fraction of the package.

Nebraska Sen. Ben Nelson, who sits on the Senate Appropriations Committee, said Republicans and Democrats alike want to gut the nearly $900 billion program of items that he says will not stimulate job growth.

President Obama and his aides have downplayed disagreements over the package as it comes before the Senate for debate. Obama said Monday that "modest differences" should not stall the package, and Press Secretary Robert Gibbs said GOP objections center on about $700 million worth of items -- or "seven one-hundredths of one percent" of the total package.

Not so, said Nelson.

"It's more money than that," he said. "We're talking in the billions, and tens of billions, that we're looking to exclude from this particular program."

He singled out provisions in the bill for programs like U.S. Department of Agriculture computers and medical research as items that are worth funding -- but not in a stimulus package.

Lawmakers like Nelson, along with Republican congressional leaders who are noisily slamming the program, could complicate the administration's efforts to push through the stimulus in the days ahead.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/first100days/2009/02/02/key-democrat-says-lawmakers-strip-tens-billions-stimulus/

Finally some common sense from the Dem party!

moderate democrat
02-03-2009, 09:24 AM
give me a link that says the bridge will cost a trillion. your first post on the subject said "billion".

make up your mind.

any luck on the trillion dollar bridge link?:lol:

red states rule
02-03-2009, 09:28 AM
any luck on the trillion dollar bridge link?:lol:

Hey asshole, the first post of this thread has the link

I -74 Bridge replacement Moline IL 400 jobs $950,000,000.00

Given the increased costs of any government project - it will get close

moderate democrat
02-03-2009, 09:31 AM
Hey asshole, the first post of this thread has the link

I -74 Bridge replacement Moline IL 400 jobs $950,000,000.00

Given the increased costs of any government project - it will get close

that is 950 MILLION dollars...that is almost one BILLION dollars.... it is NOT a TRILLION dollars.

IT would seem that you are the asshole for not being able to read.

red states rule
02-03-2009, 09:32 AM
that is 950 MILLION dollars...that is almost one BILLION dollars.... it is NOT a TRILLION dollars.

IT would seem that you are the asshole for not being able to read.

OK, my error

So we spend nearly 1 billion for 400 jobs

Another great "investment"

moderate democrat
02-03-2009, 09:42 AM
OK, my error

So we spend nearly 1 billion for 400 jobs

Another great "investment"

I can guarantee you that the bridge project will result in a lot more than 400 jobs... and it will pump a lot of economic activity into an area that has been harde hit by the slowdown in the manufacturing sector in America.

red states rule
02-03-2009, 09:47 AM
I can guarantee you that the bridge project will result in a lot more than 400 jobs... and it will pump a lot of economic activity into an area that has been harde hit by the slowdown in the manufacturing sector in America.

Just like this one eh?

Doorbells Laurel MS 2 JOBS $99,600.00

DannyR
02-03-2009, 10:23 AM

Still doesn't answer the question of why not make it a toll bridge to offset the build cost. The original bridge was a toll, the upgrade should be as well.

If as many people need to use it as stated, it should pay for itself quite quickly, and then the toll disappears.

red states rule
02-03-2009, 10:26 AM

Still doesn't answer the question of why not make it a toll bridge to offset the build cost. The original bridge was a toll, the upgrade should be as well.

If as many people need to use it as stated, it should pay for itself quite quickly, and then the toll disappears.

I always thought the gas tax money was to pay for road and bridge work

The amount of money the government takes in on the gas tax these roads should be paved in 24K and the bridge is already paid for

Why should the taxpayer pay twice - or even three time - for the bridge?

Yurt
02-03-2009, 10:47 AM

you can't just lie and expect people to believe you

red states rule
02-03-2009, 10:51 AM

Yurt, libs need to sell this pork bill better

Obama needs to wear a headset when he goes on TV and here is what he needs to say

ScamWow!

It's like a scam-you-all! It's like a towel! It's like a sponge!

Sucks up the bucks!

Holds 20x it's weight in needless pork.

Easily redistributes wealth without a fuss!

Made in Congress. You know the Reid/Pelosi Congress makes good stuff .

Special offer:

Buy now, pay dearly later!

Support one huge ScamWow now, and wait for multiple minnie ScamWow's later.

Hurry! Say yes now! We can't do this all day.

You'll say Wow!

(Stimulus and job creation not included)

DannyR
02-03-2009, 11:39 AM
I always thought the gas tax money was to pay for road and bridge workMostly. Last years high gas prices put the squeeze on federal income to the highway trust fund. Since its a tax per gallon, as consumers cut back and actually used less, not as much tax was collected. From what I understand, the fund is actually in the red right now, with promises of more spending than it collects in revenue.

The amount of money the government takes in on the gas tax these roads should be paved in 24K and the bridge is already paid forI think you don't have a good idea of what road work and infrastructure actually costs. Federal and state dollars just collected from gas taxes don't cover all the infrastructure improvements necessary. Of course I fail to understand as well how a bridge can cost a billion bucks. Is labor and effort really that much nowadays?
Why should the taxpayer pay twice - or even three time - for the bridge?Because its a premium service. A bridge already exists. This is an upgrade. People complain about the lines. Ergo those that desire to use the bridge and make it faster should pay a bit more than all the rest of us taxpayers as a whole. A toll on a bridge is probably the fairest tax there is, it taxes only the person using the public service in question directly.

red states rule
02-03-2009, 12:16 PM
The wonderful ScamWOW!

Act on our no interest, no payment plan today and you can defer all costs and irresponsibly high interest until after you die!

Who is going to pay for it you ask? Who the hell cares, you'll be dead!!!

moderate democrat
02-03-2009, 01:43 PM
Just like this one eh?

Doorbells Laurel MS 2 JOBS $99,600.00

building a major bridge over the Mississippi at that point in the river will undoubtedly create more than 400 jobs...and the economic activity that it will spawn will be massive for that area of Western Illinois/Eastern Iowa.

red states rule
02-03-2009, 01:44 PM
building a major bridge over the Mississippi at that point in the river will undoubtedly create more than 400 jobs...and the economic activity that it will spawn will be massive for that area of Western Illinois/Eastern Iowa.

So you did place your order for your Scamwow, eh?

moderate democrat
02-03-2009, 01:45 PM
you can't just lie and expect people to believe youwhat lie? Are you suggesting that you could tear down two major bridges and build a new one over the Mississippi at a point where the river is more than half a mile wide with only a crew of 400?

red states rule
02-03-2009, 01:47 PM
what lie? Are you suggesting that you could tear down two major bridges and build a new one over the Mississippi at a point where the river is more than half a mile wide with only a crew of 400?

and how much were the taxpayers told the "Big Dig" would cost, and the economic benefits would be?

moderate democrat
02-03-2009, 01:47 PM
So you did place your order for your Scamwow, eh?

do you want to debate the building of a bridge, the necessity of builiding said bridge, the economic development such a construction project will have on the area, and the jobs it will create...or do you just want to spew silly talking points?

If you'd like to discuss this issue seriously, that would be refreshing...if not. So be it.

red states rule
02-03-2009, 01:48 PM
do you want to debate the building of a bridge, the necessity of builiding said bridge, the economic development such a construction project will have on the area, and the jobs it will create...or do you just want to spew silly talking points?

If you'd like to discuss this issue seriously, that would be refreshing...if not. So be it.

along with the honeybee ins, the hooker rehab, and the doorbells

the libs are having a collective orgasism putting this prok fest together

moderate democrat
02-03-2009, 01:49 PM
and how much were the taxpayers told the "Big Dig" would cost, and the economic benefits would be?

this is a necessary piece of infrastructure improvement AND it will create jobs and economic activity. That is the purpose of this legislation. the big dig has nothing to do with this. As I can recall, you were the one who was screaming about the lack of infrastructure improvements in this bill and here you are bitching about a necessary one.

red states rule
02-03-2009, 01:49 PM
this is a necessary piece of infrastructure improvement AND it will create jobs and economic activity. That is the purpose of this legislation. the big dig has nothing to do with this. As I can recall, you were the one who was screaming about the lack of infrastructure improvements in this bill and here you are bitching about a necessary one.

The big dig is typicl of these government make work projects

The Big Dig has been the most expensive highway project in the U.S.[5] Although the project was estimated at $2.8 billion in 1985 (in 1982 dollars, US$6.0 billion adjusted for inflation as of 2006[update]),[6] over $14.6 billion ($8.08 billion in 1982 dollars)[6] had been spent in federal and state tax dollars as of 2006[update].[7] A July 17, 2008 article in The Boston Globe stated, "In all, the project will cost an additional $7 billion in interest, bringing the total to a staggering $22 billion, according to a Globe review of hundreds of pages of state documents. It will not be paid off until 2038."[8] At the beginning of the project, Congressman Barney Frank asked, "Rather than lower the expressway, wouldn't it be cheaper to raise the city?" The project has incurred criminal arrests,[9][10] escalating costs, death, leaks, and charges of poor execution and use of substandard materials. The Massachusetts Attorney General is demanding contractors refund taxpayers $108 million for "shoddy work".[11] On January 23, 2008, it was reported that Bechtel/Parsons Brinckerhoff, the consortium that oversaw the project, would pay $407 million in restitution for its poor oversight of subcontractors (some of whom committed outright fraud), as well as primary responsibility in the death of a motorist. However, despite admitting to poor oversight and negligence as part of the settlement,[12] the firm is not barred from bidding for future government contracts. Several smaller companies agreed to pay a combined sum of approximately $51 million.[13]

The Massachusetts Turnpike Authority (MTA), which had little experience in managing an undertaking of the scope and magnitude of the CA/T Project, hired a joint venture of Bechtel/Parsons Brinckerhoff to provide preliminary designs, manage design consultants and construction contractors, track the project's cost and schedule, advise MTA on project decisions, and (in some instances) act as the MTA's representative. Eventually, MTA combined some of its employees with Bechtel/Parsons employees in an integrated project organization. This was intended to make management more efficient, but it hindered MTA's ability to independently oversee Bechtel/Parsons Brinckerhoff because MTA and Bechtel/Parsons Brinckerhoff had effectively become partners in the project.[14]

Litigation against Bechtel and others in the death of a motorist remains pending, as of January 2008[update].

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Big_Dig_(Boston,_Massachusetts)

moderate democrat
02-03-2009, 01:56 PM
when you would like to discuss the value of replacing an aging, inadaquate bridge over the Mississippi which joins a major interstate highway and an integral part of interstate commerce, let me know.

red states rule
02-03-2009, 01:58 PM
when you would like to discuss the value of replacing an aging, inadaquate bridge over the Mississippi which joins a major interstate highway and an integral part of interstate commerce, let me know.

Take out the pork - i.e about 95% of the bill and actually put some things in there that wil help the economy and I will

Pulic support is tanking, Obama is going on TV tonight, and Obama poll numbers are dropping

Yep, change is coming!

Yurt
02-03-2009, 02:14 PM
what lie? Are you suggesting that you could tear down two major bridges and build a new one over the Mississippi at a point where the river is more than half a mile wide with only a crew of 400?

i never said you lied...

red states rule
02-03-2009, 02:18 PM
i never said you lied...

Maybe MD is looking forward to his share of the pork. Perhaps he will be one of the piglets who will suck his share from the liberal provided trough

moderate democrat
02-03-2009, 04:37 PM
Maybe MD is looking forward to his share of the pork. Perhaps he will be one of the piglets who will suck his share from the liberal provided trough

you were the one who brought up the lack of infrastructure projects in the stimulus bill....you were the one who brought up this bridge over the Mississippi in Moline, Illinois... you were the one who had it's cost overestimated by a thousand times... and now you are the one who doesn't want to talk about IT, at all. Why IS that?

Yurt
02-03-2009, 05:04 PM
you were the one who brought up the lack of infrastructure projects in the stimulus bill....you were the one who brought up this bridge over the Mississippi in Moline, Illinois... you were the one who had it's cost overestimated by a thousand times... and now you are the one who doesn't want to talk about IT, at all. Why IS that?

Yurt
02-03-2009, 06:44 PM

see, what happen here is you got caught in some intellectual dishonesty. when obama said you can't just listen to rush, i asked who he was talking to, you said no one, i said it was a false insinuation, you said, no way....

now, i make a similar/identical phrase to you and YOU automatically think i am accusing you of lying...you made an argument in defense of obama that you do not accept as true for yourself, so not only did you use an intellectually dishonest argument, you are hypocritical....

ouch!

moderate democrat
02-03-2009, 07:01 PM
see, what happen here is you got caught in some intellectual dishonesty. when obama said you can't just listen to rush, i asked who he was talking to, you said no one, i said it was a false insinuation, you said, no way....

now, i make a similar/identical phrase to you and YOU automatically think i am accusing you of lying...you made an argument in defense of obama that you do not accept as true for yourself, so not only did you use an intellectually dishonest argument, you are hypocritical....

ouch!

the use of the word "you" by you makes the analogy inaccurate. When quoting "me", your use of the word "you" unambiguously refers to me and me alone.

I guess that correspondence school law degrees from the back of match covers don't go into the english language all that closely... and probably most of your "well heeled" clients in SLO speak english as a second language anyway. buenos noches!:lol:

Yurt
02-03-2009, 07:09 PM
the use of the word "you" by you makes the analogy inaccurate. When quoting "me", your use of the word "you" unambiguously refers to me and me alone.

I guess that correspondence school law degrees from the back of match covers don't go into the english language all that closely... and probably most of your "well heeled" clients in SLO speak english as a second language anyway. buenos noches!:lol:

no it doesn't...i merely quoted a post you had and told you a phrase...is there something inaccurate about the phrase? you got caught in a bit of intellectual dishonesty and are now going to tap dance your way out of it...obama used the word YOU....but when i use it, it must mean i am talking directly to you....meadowmuffins...

i merely quoted you to let you know about that awesome phrase, wasn't directing it AT you, just letting you know....

SAME argument you made for obama, but now that you got caught in it, the argument is no longer valid...

what is your obsession with insulting my professional abilities and where i went to school?

Yurt
02-03-2009, 07:11 PM
And don't call me a liar, you slimey ambulance chasing, correspondence school failure

correspondence school "lawyer"

how interesting....hmmmmm

moderate democrat
02-03-2009, 07:11 PM
no it doesn't...i merely quoted a post you had and told you a phrase...is there something inaccurate about the phrase? you got caught in a bit of intellectual dishonesty and are now going to tap dance your way out of it...obama used the word YOU....but when i use it, it must mean i am talking directly to you....meadowmuffins...

i merely quoted you to let you know about that awesome phrase, wasn't directing it AT you, just letting you know....

SAME argument you made for obama, but now that you got caught in it, the argument is no longer valid...

what is your obsession with insulting my professional abilities and where i went to school?

if you quote me, and then use the word "you", you are referring to me. Anyone with any integrity would admit to as much...but we both know that you are a proven liar, so that obviously does not apply to you, eh, Mr. Pyramid climber??

Yurt
02-03-2009, 07:17 PM
if you quote me, and then use the word "you", you are referring to me. Anyone with any integrity would admit to as much...but we both know that you are a proven liar, so that obviously does not apply to you, eh, Mr. Pyramid climber??

again, it does not mean i am referring to you...you got caught in some intellectual dishonesty and too bad for you...obama is in a room full of republicans and he says YOU but that you is to no one, nice try

i am telling you that i quoted you ONLY to tell you that phrase, nothing more and you walked right into it. thank you for proving me right about obama and rush. i appreciate it.

red states rule
02-03-2009, 07:18 PM
And don't call me a liar, you slimey ambulance chasing, correspondence school failure

correspondence school "lawyer"

how interesting....hmmmmm

Very interesting

Originally Posted by manfrommaine
I am not suggesting that skin color alone drives your irrational hatred of Obama... quite frankly, I have no idea of the inner turmoil in your life that drives your hatred.... I know that you are obsessed with Obama and seem to be blithely unconcerned about the quality of the republican nominee.

And don't call me a liar, you slimey ambulance chasing, correspondence school failure.

Yurt
02-03-2009, 07:19 PM
interesting, i was just posting words and somehow that reminded you of a particular person...i would never have guessed at the connection between the words and that person.

moderate democrat
02-03-2009, 09:19 PM
again, it does not mean i am referring to you...you got caught in some intellectual dishonesty and too bad for you...obama is in a room full of republicans and he says YOU but that you is to no one, nice try

i am telling you that i quoted you ONLY to tell you that phrase, nothing more and you walked right into it. thank you for proving me right about obama and rush. i appreciate it.

So... it is your assertion that Obama was referring to specific republicans?

and who are you, then, referring to?

moderate democrat
02-03-2009, 09:20 PM
interesting, i was just posting words and somehow that reminded you of a particular person...i would never have guessed at the connection between the words and that person.
liar AND coward.

why am I not surprised?

Yurt
02-03-2009, 09:32 PM
So... it is your assertion that Obama was referring to specific republicans?

and who are you, then, referring to?

it was my assertion that obama was referring to the republicans in the room he was directly talking to...you said no, it was a general phrase, so i give you the same general phrase and you immediately accuse me of talking directly to you. even though i was simply giving the same general phrase as obama.

that is intellectually dishonest.

Yurt
02-03-2009, 09:34 PM
liar AND coward.

why am I not surprised?

how would i know....guilty conscience perhaps

it is clear for all to see and it is getting boring showing that you speak exactly like a former member, no one here doubts it, so perhaps it is enough as no one here believes you are not that member

let the debates begin retired person

moderate democrat
02-03-2009, 09:34 PM
it was my assertion that obama was referring to the republicans in the room he was directly talking to...you said no, it was a general phrase, so i give you the same general phrase and you immediately accuse me of talking directly to you. even though i was simply giving the same general phrase as obama.

that is intellectually dishonest.

if it is your assertion that Obama was referring to republicans in the room, then it must also be your assertion that you were referring to me specifically.

liar.

moderate democrat
02-03-2009, 09:36 PM
how would i know....guilty conscience perhaps

it is clear for all to see and it is getting boring showing that you speak exactly like a former member, no one here doubts it, so perhaps it is enough as no one here believes you are not that member

let the debates begin retired person

I cannot change what you believe. You have gone on record numerous times as being willing to accept me as who I am and not to keep referring to me as this previous member....obviously, you were lying when you said that. That seems to be your MO: liar and coward.

Yurt
02-03-2009, 09:40 PM
I cannot change what you believe. You have gone on record numerous times as being willing to accept me as who I am and not to keep referring to me as this previous member....obviously, you were lying when you said that. That seems to be your MO: liar and coward.

when you start telling the truth about who you are, i will stop playing those games with you...

it is no surprise that i post someone's former words that are identical to yours and people automatically assume it is a former poster...

but do continue talking about this...i will not bore folks here with it and will debate you on the issues, but you step out of line and you will be called out...

maybe you should have thought about your obesession with me and my professional integrity before you told me you wanted to debate the issues, when you went after personally JUST like the former member, you surely can't expect me not to prove you are lying...

now stick to the debates and you won't have a problem, got it, good.

moderate democrat
02-03-2009, 09:42 PM
when you start telling the truth about who you are, i will stop playing those games with you...

it is no surprise that i post someone's former words that are identical to yours and people automatically assume it is a former poster...

but do continue talking about this...i will not bore folks here with it and will debate you on the issues, but you step out of line and you will be called out...

maybe you should have thought about your obesession with me and my professional integrity before you told me you wanted to debate the issues, when you went after personally JUST like the former member, you surely can't expect me not to prove you are lying...

now stick to the debates and you won't have a problem, got it, good.

quit referring to me as a previous poster and I will, counselor. You have lied about your willingness to do that on numerous occasions. Quit bringing this previous poster up to deflect my posts and maybe we can have an honest debate....not until.

got it, good.

Yurt
02-03-2009, 09:42 PM
if it is your assertion that Obama was referring to republicans in the room, then it must also be your assertion that you were referring to me specifically.

liar.

boy, there you go again, with the liar JUST like a former member...

i already stated i used the phrase specifically to draw you out to make your assertion, thus proving YOU wrong. i completely meant MY statement as general, i do not believe obama did....and you know it

keep up the SAME exact insults, it really helps your image

moderate democrat
02-03-2009, 09:43 PM
boy, there you go again, with the liar JUST like a former member...

i already stated i used the phrase specifically to draw you out to make your assertion, thus proving YOU wrong. i completely meant MY statement as general, i do not believe obama did....and you know it

keep up the SAME exact insults, it really helps your image

were you referring to me or not?

Yurt
02-03-2009, 09:45 PM
were you referring to me or not?

referring to what?

that you insult exactly like a former member, yes...as i said, perhaps if you stopped with the same exact insults your image would improve and others would be less likely to believe you are not the former member.

or are you talking about something else

moderate democrat
02-03-2009, 09:47 PM
referring to what?

that you insult exactly like a former member, yes...as i said, perhaps if you stopped with the same exact insults your image would improve and others would be less likely to believe you are not the former member.

or are you talking about something else
I am talking about your statements that were supposedly mirrors of Obama's comments. Were you referring to me, or were you referring to some amorphous group of people?

Yurt
02-03-2009, 09:52 PM
I am talking about your statements that were supposedly mirrors of Obama's comments. Were you referring to me, or were you referring to some amorphous group of people?

asked and answered numerous times....

i was not referring specifically to you, i was using the phrase exactly the way you claim obama did....and that is why you were caught in an intellectually dishonest argument

because you said obama could use the phrase but was only speaking generally, but when i use it, then i MUST be talking directly to you, you even called me liar.

unfortunate that you did, as it only proved my point further

moderate democrat
02-03-2009, 09:54 PM
asked and answered numerous times....

i was not referring specifically to you, i was using the phrase exactly the way you claim obama did....and that is why you were caught in an intellectually dishonest argument

because you said obama could use the phrase but was only speaking generally, but when i use it, then i MUST be talking directly to you, you even called me liar.

unfortunate that you did, as it only proved my point further

OK...if you were not referring to me specifically, that's fine.

Just like Obama... that works for me.
and when I speak about low life, ambulance chasing, bottom feeding, scum attorneys, I am speaking about them in a general sense, and certainly not aiming anything specifically at you. Fair enough?

Yurt
02-03-2009, 09:55 PM
OK...if you were not referring to me specifically, that's fine.

Just like Obama... that works for me.
and when I speak about low life, ambulance chasing, bottom feeding, scum attorneys, I am speaking about them in a general sense, and certainly not aiming anything specifically at you. Fair enough?

nope, because you are directly speaking to me and you know it. please stop the lies, they are getting boring.

moderate democrat
02-03-2009, 09:58 PM
nope, because you are directly speaking to me and you know it. please stop the lies, they are getting boring.
you were speaking directly to me and YOU know it, liar.

Yurt
02-03-2009, 10:04 PM
you were speaking directly to me and YOU know it, liar.

again, i said it in the exact way you claimed obama did in order to draw you out and show your intellectual dishonesty.

it worked like charm, thank you.

moderate democrat
02-03-2009, 10:05 PM
again, i said it in the exact way you claimed obama did in order to draw you out and show your intellectual dishonesty.

it worked like charm, thank you.

so you WERE referring to me?

thanks. We both knew you were lying.

Yurt
02-03-2009, 10:11 PM
so you WERE referring to me?

thanks. We both knew you were lying.

again with the intellectual dishonesty, i said i claimed it the same way you claimed obama said it

you claimed obama did not say it to anyone

not sure why you are acting so irrational

moderate democrat
02-03-2009, 10:12 PM
again with the intellectual dishonesty, i said i claimed it the same way you claimed obama said it

you claimed obama did not say it to anyone

not sure why you are acting so irrational

take your pick...either Obama AND you were referring to specific republicans AND me, or you both were not. Which is it?

and the word is irrationally, not irrational, illiterate shyster.

Yurt
02-03-2009, 10:24 PM
take your pick...either Obama AND you were referring to specific republicans AND me, or you both were not. Which is it?

and the word is irrationally, not irrational, illiterate shyster.

this of all the insults makes it clear, you did this to yourself...you have proven you are in fact mfm...you can't even control yourself, pathetic

nice job, it is wholly unnecessary for me to even pull posts

i stand by the way i said it, you are using passive voice, show me i am wrong and i'll admit it

moderate democrat
02-03-2009, 10:40 PM
this of all the insults makes it clear, you did this to yourself...you have proven you are in fact mfm...you can't even control yourself, pathetic

nice job, it is wholly unnecessary for me to even pull posts

i stand by the way i said it, you are using passive voice, show me i am wrong and i'll admit it

so these claims of yours that you would stop bringing up this past poster...they were all lies?

Thanks for proving MY point, liar.

Yurt
02-03-2009, 10:42 PM
so these claims of yours that you would stop bringing up this past poster...they were all lies?

Thanks for proving MY point, liar.

i said if you stop the insults...i said it because you asked me to stop it and stick solely to debating...you lied about that and since you breached our agreement, the agreement was no longer valid...

i see you didn't prove your point about rational

and thanks for proving to everyone, by saying shyster that you are in fact mfm, dare me to pull the posts and i will, start in the cage as well, so as not to clutter this any more....go for it, you want me to....

now, would you tone down the rhetoric and insults

thank you

moderate democrat
02-03-2009, 10:44 PM
i said if you stop the insults...i said it because you asked me to stop it and stick solely to debating...you lied about that and since you breached our agreement, the agreement was no longer valid...

i see you didn't prove your point about rational

and thanks for proving to everyone, by saying shyster that you are in fact mfm

now, would you tone down the rhetoric and insults

thank you

when you quit referring to me as that previous poster, I might... when you quit calling me a fag, I might...

you wanna play nice, then start playing nice. don't want to? don't expect me to.

Yurt
02-03-2009, 10:47 PM
when you quit referring to me as that previous poster, I might... when you quit calling me a fag, I might...

you wanna play nice, then start playing nice. don't want to? don't expect me to.

i have not called you a fag...another lie

and thanks for proving to everyone, by saying shyster that you are in fact mfm, dare me to pull the posts and i will, start in the cage as well, so as not to clutter this any more....go for it, you want me to....

this is the last i will speak of shyster outside of the cage...

you're out of control, calm down

let's get back to the topic, thanks.

moderate democrat
02-03-2009, 11:00 PM
i have not called you a fag...another lie

this is the last i will speak of shyster outside of the cage...

you're out of control, calm down

let's get back to the topic, thanks.

are you going to stop this nonsense of referring to me as a previous poster?

thanks in advance for doing so.

Yurt
02-03-2009, 11:05 PM
are you going to stop this nonsense of referring to me as a previous poster?

thanks in advance for doing so.

so you admit i did not call you fag...good for you, a step in the right direction, perhaps you can stick to debating instead of the same boring insults.

red states rule
02-04-2009, 07:26 AM
Back to the topic.........

What GOP Leaders deem wasteful in Senate stimulus bill

$2 billion earmark to re-start FutureGen, a near-zero emissions coal power plant in Illinois that the Department of Energy defunded last year because it said the project was inefficient.

• A $246 million tax break for Hollywood movie producers to buy motion picture film.

• $650 million for the digital television converter box coupon program.

• $88 million for the Coast Guard to design a new polar icebreaker (arctic ship).

• $448 million for constructing the Department of Homeland Security headquarters.

• $248 million for furniture at the new Homeland Security headquarters.

• $600 million to buy hybrid vehicles for federal employees.

• $400 million for the Centers for Disease Control to screen and prevent STD's.

• $1.4 billion for rural waste disposal programs.

• $125 million for the Washington sewer system.

• $150 million for Smithsonian museum facilities.

• $1 billion for the 2010 Census, which has a projected cost overrun of $3 billion.

• $75 million for "smoking cessation activities."

• $200 million for public computer centers at community colleges.

• $75 million for salaries of employees at the FBI.

• $25 million for tribal alcohol and substance abuse reduction.

• $500 million for flood reduction projects on the Mississippi River.

• $10 million to inspect canals in urban areas.

• $6 billion to turn federal buildings into "green" buildings.

• $500 million for state and local fire stations.

• $650 million for wildland fire management on forest service lands.

• $1.2 billion for "youth activities," including youth summer job programs.

• $88 million for renovating the headquarters of the Public Health Service.

• $412 million for CDC buildings and property.

• $500 million for building and repairing National Institutes of Health facilities in Bethesda, Maryland.

• $160 million for "paid volunteers" at the Corporation for National and Community Service.

• $5.5 million for "energy efficiency initiatives" at the Department of Veterans Affairs National Cemetery Administration.

• $850 million for Amtrak.

• $100 million for reducing the hazard of lead-based paint.

• $75 million to construct a "security training" facility for State Department Security officers when they can be trained at existing facilities of other agencies.

• $110 million to the Farm Service Agency to upgrade computer systems.

• $200 million in funding for the lease of alternative energy for vehicles for use on military installations

http://www.cnn.com/2009/POLITICS/02/02/gop.stimulus.worries/index.html

moderate democrat
02-04-2009, 07:59 AM
so you admit i did not call you fag...good for you, a step in the right direction, perhaps you can stick to debating instead of the same boring insults.
actually, you called me a closet homo which is synonymous... the question remains unanswered: are you finally and forever going to cease this debate tactic of referring to me as a previous poster?

moderate democrat
02-04-2009, 08:01 AM
Back to the topic.........

What GOP Leaders deem wasteful in Senate stimulus bill

$2 billion earmark to re-start FutureGen, a near-zero emissions coal power plant in Illinois that the Department of Energy defunded last year because it said the project was inefficient.

• A $246 million tax break for Hollywood movie producers to buy motion picture film.

• $650 million for the digital television converter box coupon program.

• $88 million for the Coast Guard to design a new polar icebreaker (arctic ship).

• $448 million for constructing the Department of Homeland Security headquarters.

• $248 million for furniture at the new Homeland Security headquarters.

• $600 million to buy hybrid vehicles for federal employees.

• $400 million for the Centers for Disease Control to screen and prevent STD's.

• $1.4 billion for rural waste disposal programs.

• $125 million for the Washington sewer system.

• $150 million for Smithsonian museum facilities.

• $1 billion for the 2010 Census, which has a projected cost overrun of $3 billion.

• $75 million for "smoking cessation activities."

• $200 million for public computer centers at community colleges.

• $75 million for salaries of employees at the FBI.

• $25 million for tribal alcohol and substance abuse reduction.

• $500 million for flood reduction projects on the Mississippi River.

• $10 million to inspect canals in urban areas.

• $6 billion to turn federal buildings into "green" buildings.

• $500 million for state and local fire stations.

• $650 million for wildland fire management on forest service lands.

• $1.2 billion for "youth activities," including youth summer job programs.

• $88 million for renovating the headquarters of the Public Health Service.

• $412 million for CDC buildings and property.

• $500 million for building and repairing National Institutes of Health facilities in Bethesda, Maryland.

• $160 million for "paid volunteers" at the Corporation for National and Community Service.

• $5.5 million for "energy efficiency initiatives" at the Department of Veterans Affairs National Cemetery Administration.

• $850 million for Amtrak.

• $100 million for reducing the hazard of lead-based paint.

• $75 million to construct a "security training" facility for State Department Security officers when they can be trained at existing facilities of other agencies.

• $110 million to the Farm Service Agency to upgrade computer systems.

• $200 million in funding for the lease of alternative energy for vehicles for use on military installations

http://www.cnn.com/2009/POLITICS/02/02/gop.stimulus.worries/index.html

and I am sure that some of that will be removed in the final bill...and some things that republicans want will be added. That's politics.

I would be interested to get your reaction to republican GOVERNORS supporting the Obama stimulus package.

red states rule
02-04-2009, 08:03 AM
and I am sure that some of that will be removed in the final bill...and some things that republicans want will be added. That's politics.

I would be interested to get your reaction to republican GOVERNORS supporting the Obama stimulus package.

Dems live for pork

The Republican Governors are wrong. If they want it, they should pay for it out of their own budgets - and deal with their voters

moderate democrat
02-04-2009, 08:31 AM
Dems live for pork

The Republican Governors are wrong. If they want it, they should pay for it out of their own budgets - and deal with their voters

lol

red states rule
02-04-2009, 08:35 AM
Does Billy Mays endorse the Scam WOW

$2.5B In Welfare Expansion Is ‘Stimulus’?

moderate democrat
02-04-2009, 08:41 AM
Does Billy Mays endorse the Scam WOW

$2.5B In Welfare Expansion Is ‘Stimulus’?

what do you think happens to that money? do you think that welfare recipients sent it to their swiss banks to sit and grow interest offshore?

You give $2.5B to welfare recipients, I guarantee you they will spend it on stuff..and that creates economic activity and jobs.

red states rule
02-04-2009, 08:44 AM
what do you think happens to that money? do you think that welfare recipients sent it to their swiss banks to sit and grow interest offshore?

You give $2.5B to welfare recipients, I guarantee you they will spend it on stuff..and that creates economic activity and jobs.

Where does the money come from? Is is paid for? (a big Dem question when Republicans were running Congress)

Will it add to the debt and deficit? (Another gripe of Dems)

The US economy is a $15 trillion machine - the welfare payments will do nothing to give the economy a jolt

moderate democrat
02-04-2009, 09:06 AM
Where does the money come from? Is is paid for? (a big Dem question when Republicans were running Congress)

Will it add to the debt and deficit? (Another gripe of Dems)

The US economy is a $15 trillion machine - the welfare payments will do nothing to give the economy a jolt

where will ANY of the money in the stimulus package come from? the fact remains.... money put into the economy creates jobs and economic activity, which everyone in DC agrees needs to be done in order to stimulate the economy. It's now just a political exercise to determine how big the final package will be and where it goes.

red states rule
02-04-2009, 09:08 AM
where will ANY of the money in the stimulus package come from? the fact remains.... money put into the economy creates jobs and economic activity, which everyone in DC agrees needs to be done in order to stimulate the economy. It's now just a political exercise to determine how big the final package will be and where it goes.

If spending is a stimulus for the economy, after the last 2 years of Dem spending the US economy would be the economic superpower of the world

It is clear, you could care less your party is doing the same things they bitched about when they were the minority

moderate democrat
02-04-2009, 09:48 AM
If spending is a stimulus for the economy, after the last 2 years of Dem spending the US economy would be the economic superpower of the world

It is clear, you could care less your party is doing the same things they bitched about when they were the minority

My party is doing what America wants it to do: take drastic measures to improve the economy. Even the republican governors approve of the bill.

red states rule
02-04-2009, 09:49 AM
My party is doing what America wants it to do: take drastic measures to improve the economy. Even the republican governors approve of the bill.

Still ignoring the polls I see

America does NOT want this pork bill passed

moderate democrat
02-04-2009, 09:54 AM
Still ignoring the polls I see

America does NOT want this pork bill passed

Like I said, I don't want my president to run the country based upon public opinion polls. I want him to do what he thinks is the right thing to do. I am surprised that you would be a proponent of polls. Were you calling for a pullout from Iraq back before the surge when the public opinion polls were saying that the majority of Americans wanted us out? I bet not.

red states rule
02-04-2009, 09:56 AM
Like I said, I don't want my president to run the country based upon public opinion polls. I want him to do what he thinks is the right thing to do. I am surprised that you would be a proponent of polls. Were you calling for a pullout from Iraq back before the surge when the public opinion polls were saying that the majority of Americans wanted us out? I bet not.

The polls reflect comon sense - something you lack becuase you are a hack

You bitiched about deficit spending and borrowing when it was Republicans - now that it is Dem you are cool with it

Obama is tanking in the polls, his pork bill is being exposed to the light of day. If the first 2 weeks is any indication of what Obama's 4 years will be like - it is going to be the best sit com on TV

moderate democrat
02-04-2009, 09:58 AM
The polls reflect comon sense - something you lack becuase you are a hack

You bitiched about deficit spending and borrowing when it was Republicans - now that it is Dem you are cool with it

Obama is tanking in the polls, his pork bill is being exposed to the light of day. If the first 2 weeks is any indication of what Obama's 4 years will be like - it is going to be the best sit com on TV
desperate times call for desperate measures. Again... you didn't address my question about earlier, pre-surge polls which showed the American people wanting out of Iraq. Were you pulling for that then?

red states rule
02-04-2009, 10:02 AM
desperate times call for desperate measures. Again... you didn't address my question about earlier, pre-surge polls which showed the American people wanting out of Iraq. Were you pulling for that then?

We were not losing in Iraq despite the best efforts of libs like you and defeatest Dems. The proof is now clear on that issue

Back to the mega pork bill

Buried in a typically verbose article from the New York Times we posted earlier is this interesting sentence:

The economic stimulus bills pending in Congress would provide matching grants — estimated at $2.5 billion over two years — to states with caseload expansions.

Apparently, spending $2.5 billion dollars of the taxpayers’ money only warrants a single vague sentence tucked discreetly away in the the 13th paragraph of the NYT’s article.

But who knew that this was in the Obama/Pelosi stimulus package?

These grants are addressed in pages 354-361 of the 647 page bill

http://sweetness-light.com/Stimulus%20Bill.pdf

moderate democrat
02-04-2009, 10:07 AM
We were not losing in Iraq despite the best efforts of libs like you and defeatest Dems. The proof is now clear on that issue

Back to the mega pork bill

Buried in a typically verbose article from the New York Times we posted earlier is this interesting sentence:

The economic stimulus bills pending in Congress would provide matching grants — estimated at $2.5 billion over two years — to states with caseload expansions.

Apparently, spending $2.5 billion dollars of the taxpayers’ money only warrants a single vague sentence tucked discreetly away in the the 13th paragraph of the NYT’s article.

But who knew that this was in the Obama/Pelosi stimulus package?

These grants are addressed in pages 354-361 of the 647 page bill

http://sweetness-light.com/Stimulus%20Bill.pdf

you bring up polls, but run away from the topic when it bites you in the butt. If you expect Obama to govern by public opinion poll, were you also calling for Bush to do so regarding the Iraq war? yes or no?

red states rule
02-04-2009, 10:10 AM
you bring up polls, but run away from the topic when it bites you in the butt. If you expect Obama to govern by public opinion poll, were you also calling for Bush to do so regarding the Iraq war? yes or no?

Now you have to change the subject, since your guy is desperate to get the mega pork bill passed

snip

But the survey reflected deepening doubts about the effectiveness of the programs and spending items currently being considered by federal lawmakers. Only 38 percent of those polled favored the existing stimulus proposal, down from a slight majority holding that view in the Jan. 28 Gallup survey.

Thirty-seven percent want major changes and 17 percent reject the plan outright.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/first100days/2009/02/03/americans-reject-want-major-changes-stimulus-poll-finds/

The American people are smarter than Pelosi thinks they are..

moderate democrat
02-04-2009, 10:13 AM
Now you have to change the subject, since your guy is desperate to get the mega pork bill passed

snip

But the survey reflected deepening doubts about the effectiveness of the programs and spending items currently being considered by federal lawmakers. Only 38 percent of those polled favored the existing stimulus proposal, down from a slight majority holding that view in the Jan. 28 Gallup survey.

Thirty-seven percent want major changes and 17 percent reject the plan outright.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/first100days/2009/02/03/americans-reject-want-major-changes-stimulus-poll-finds/

The American people are smarter than Pelosi thinks they are..

Again...YOU bring up polls and seem to suggest that the President should now be guided by them. I ask you, since YOU brought them up, if you felt the same way about polls during the Bush administration. SImple question. Can you answer it, or will you let your obvious hypocrisy on this issue just stand unrefuted?

red states rule
02-04-2009, 10:14 AM
Again...YOU bring up polls and seem to suggest that the President should now be guided by them. I ask you, since YOU brought them up, if you felt the same way about polls during the Bush administration. SImple question. Can you answer it, or will you let your obvious hypocrisy on this issue just stand unrefuted?

Not only polls, many in his own party. Dem Senators are balking at this mega pork

Being a hack, you support whatever Obama wants - past standards you held Republicans to be damned

moderate democrat
02-04-2009, 10:19 AM
Not only polls, many in his own party. Dem Senators are balking at this mega pork

Being a hack, you support whatever Obama wants - past standards you held Republicans to be damned

my simple question remains unanswered. Why is that?

red states rule
02-04-2009, 10:21 AM
my simple question remains unanswered. Why is that?

Lame attempt to change the topic - common Virgil debate trick :rolleyes:

These projects do not "create" jobs. They simply shift jobs from the private sector to the public sector by shifting wealth from the private to the public sector.

These are all funded by tax dollars which would be better spent by the people who earned the money in the first place by creating something.

Surely a small business could better reinvest its money than on an important infrastructure of a dog park.

moderate democrat
02-04-2009, 10:27 AM
Lame attempt to change the topic - common Virgil debate trick :rolleyes:

These projects do not "create" jobs. They simply shift jobs from the private sector to the public sector by shifting wealth from the private to the public sector.

These are all funded by tax dollars which would be better spent by the people who earned the money in the first place by creating something.

Surely a small business could better reinvest its money than on an important infrastructure of a dog park.

again...YOU bring up public opinion polls, but run away when asked simple questions about your long term commitment to them. If you didn't want to be asked questions about how you had previously felt about the value of those polls, you should not have posted them today and acted like Obama should alter his programs because of them.

And do us both a favor and quit calling me by someone else's name. If you want to debate him, go find him elsewhere on the web...if you can... if you want to debate me, do so.

Tell me please how the public sector will build a bridge across the mississippi. Will the construction be undertaken by the Army Corps of Engineers?

red states rule
02-04-2009, 10:30 AM
again...YOU bring up public opinion polls, but run away when asked simple questions about your long term commitment to them. If you didn't want to be asked questions about how you had previously felt about the value of those polls, you should not have posted them today and acted like Obama should alter his programs because of them.

And do us both a favor and quit calling me by someone else's name. If you want to debate him, go find him elsewhere on the web...if you can... if you want to debate me, do so.

Tell me please how the public sector will build a bridge across the mississippi. Will the construction be undertaken by the Army Corps of Engineers?

I have found him Virgil - he is back under another name :laugh2:

Since when is a dog park infrastructure? Nobody drives on a dog park, it doesn't deliver utilities to anyone, it has nothing to do with helping the economy move or even with anything critical to people's lives.

Looks like Obama isnt worried about protecting New Orleans from Hurricanes!

You would think 3.5 years after one of the nations worst disasters, and all of the bitching and blame the Dems tried to place on Bush for not doing enough to prevent flooding of New Orleans, that Obamas main priority to the city in this stimulus bill would be for improving flood control!

Well...

Projects in New Orleans, Louisiana

Below are the "shovel-ready" projects for which this city has requested federal stimulus funding. You can click on a project to read (and add to) its description. You can also discuss the project and vote on whether you believe it is critical or not.

Expansion of Concourse D - 6 additional gates and reconfiguration of taxiway New Orleans LA $42,451,800.00 Airport

West Annex Gates and Terminal Expansion - constrction of 6 new gates to replaced aging facility New Orleans LA $34,000,000.00 Airport

West Terminal Expansion - Expansion of passenger facilities including additional gates and amenities New Orleans LA $34,000,000.00 Airport

Terminal Apron Rehabilitation - Phases I & II - restore air carrier apron surrounding terminal and concourses New Orleans LA $16,536,300.00 Airport
New Aircraft Rescue and Fire Fighting (ARFF) Station - construction of new emergency response facility New Orleans LA $12,000,000.00 Airport

Utility Building - Permanent storm-proof facility for backup power New Orleans LA $11,000,000.00 Airport

Taxiway Golf East Extension - extend existing taxiway to connect with north/south runway New Orleans LA $10,601,800.00 Airport

Facility Improvement Program - upgrades and renovation of the Airport facilities New Orleans LA $10,520,200.00 Airport

West Terminal Apron - Expansion Airfield Apron to support aircraft operations New Orleans LA $10,000,000.00 Airport

Preventive Maintenance - fuel, parts, etc. New Orleans LA $10,000,000.00 Transit

moderate democrat
02-04-2009, 10:43 AM
I am not Virgil... debate MD or don't.... your call.

now... another simple question:

red states rule
02-04-2009, 10:46 AM
I am not Virgil... debate MD or don't.... your call.

now... another simple question:

Well there you have the Top 10 "shovel ready projects" up for stimulus funding in New Orleans!

Maybe Obama plans to fly all the Residents of New Orleans and the surrounding area out the when a Hurricane threatens S.E. Louisiana during the Obama Administration!

$20,000,000 for a "quiet zone" in San Diego? WTF?

It is nearing lunchtime and I can't stomach this any more.

moderate democrat
02-04-2009, 11:09 AM
nothing about the bridge??? public sector???

red states rule
02-04-2009, 11:10 AM
nothing about the bridge??? public sector???

They are built all the time. When the Fed get involved, the costs soar, kickbacks to the union thugs, and the envior wackos get in the act

IOW - more money for Dem special interest groups