PDA

View Full Version : Playboy going out of print...omg

Mr. P
02-02-2009, 06:08 PM
Anyone heard about this? The world may end right NOW!

WHERE WILL YOUNG BOY LEARN ABOUT FEMALES? !!!! What a disaster for AMERICA, DAMN THAT BUSH!

gabosaurus
02-02-2009, 06:15 PM
Playboy introduced young American males to bush before anyone in that family was ever was elected to office. :p

Yurt
02-02-2009, 06:16 PM
i sure am going to miss the.......... articles

Noir
02-02-2009, 06:18 PM
Good show.

I can only hope it's peers soon follow.

Sitarro
02-02-2009, 06:34 PM

WHERE WILL YOUNG BOY LEARN ABOUT FEMALES? !!!! What a disaster for AMERICA, DAMN THAT BUSH!

Will they prorate the subscription costs? I'm paid up for another year damit.

Missileman
02-02-2009, 06:38 PM
Will they prorate the subscription costs? I'm paid up for another year damit.

Or transfer your subscription to Playboy.com or Playboy TV.

Immanuel
02-02-2009, 07:10 PM

WHERE WILL YOUNG BOY[S] LEARN ABOUT FEMALES? !!!! What a disaster for AMERICA!

Isn't that what the internet is for? :laugh2:

Immie

Kathianne
02-02-2009, 07:24 PM

Is National Geographic still in print?

02-02-2009, 07:28 PM
people still look at playboy?

Yurt
02-02-2009, 07:39 PM
people still look at playboy?

i don't know about look, now.....read is another story

Noir
02-02-2009, 07:44 PM

On reflection it's not too surprising, with the vast growth in (real) folk whoring themselves on 4chan, Gaia, stickam ect why would young people wana buy a mag?

hjmick
02-02-2009, 07:49 PM
Is National Geographic still in print?

http://sportsmed.starwave.com/i/magazine/new/national_geographic.jpg

dan
02-02-2009, 08:57 PM
I hadn't heard about this, but I'm more upset about MAD Magazine going out of print.

Kathianne
02-02-2009, 09:04 PM
http://sportsmed.starwave.com/i/magazine/new/national_geographic.jpg

You thought you were being facetious, you don't remember being 11. :laugh2:

hjmick
02-02-2009, 09:07 PM
You thought you were being facetious, you don't remember being 11. :laugh2:

Oh no, I remember NG quite well. No facetiousness intended.

Sitarro
02-02-2009, 09:42 PM
I hadn't heard about this, but I'm more upset about MAD Magazine going out of print.

I think MAD is actually going to every third month. The Obama cover is classic. This site has all of the covers going back to the first issue....... October 1952.

http://www.collectmad.com/madcoversite/

These are some of my favorites, they are all done by Mark Fredrickson........ an enormously talented illustrator.

Sitarro
02-02-2009, 09:57 PM
According to The Chicago Tribune, Playboy is shutting down it's office in Manhattan and moving operations back to Chicago. Christie Hefner has also resigned as editor but Hugh still controls editorial content. They've hired 2 guys to take over for Ms. Hefner. Nothing is said about shutting down the magazine.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/business/columnists/chi-fri-burns-playboy-jan30,0,6911610.column

Little-Acorn
02-02-2009, 09:59 PM

WHAT?????????????????????

No Way!!!!!

manu1959
02-02-2009, 10:07 PM
nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!

shit

Mr. P
02-02-2009, 10:44 PM
According to The Chicago Tribune, Playboy is shutting down it's office in Manhattan and moving operations back to Chicago. Christie Hefner has also resigned as editor but Hugh still controls editorial content. They've hired 2 guys to take over for Ms. Hefner. Nothing is said about shutting down the magazine.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/business/columnists/chi-fri-burns-playboy-jan30,0,6911610.column

Thanks Sitarro..I only heard a short something about this and didn't really know the whole story (How left wing, huh? :laugh2:)...but DAMN look at the number of posts! :laugh2:

dan
02-02-2009, 10:46 PM
Sitarro's right, guys, they're going to every 3 months, but it's going to be a bigger magazine.