PDA

View Full Version : UN Resolution Protects Only Islam From Defamation

stephanie
03-30-2007, 06:29 PM
From those defenders of the faith at the Kuwaiti News Agency:

Human Rights Council concerned over stigmatising Muslim, Arab minorities
3/30/2007

GENEVA, March 30 (KUNA) — The Human Rights Council adopted a resolution Friday that expressed concern at laws or administrative measures specifically designed to “control” and “monitor” Muslim and Arab minorities, thereby stigmatizing them further and legitimating the discrimination they experienced.

The resolution was passed with 24 votees for, 14 against, and 9 abstentions.

The council also expressed deep concern over attempts to identify Islam with terrorism, violence and human rights violations.

Presented by Pakistan on behalf of the Organization of the Islamic Conference (OIC), the resolution on combating defamation of religions that was adopted noted with deep concern the intensification of the campaign of defamation of religions and ethnic and religious profiling of Muslim minorities in the aftermath of 9/11.

The resolution recognizes that, in the context of the fight against terrorism, defamation of religions becomes an aggravating factor that contributes to the denial of fundamental rights and freedoms of target groups, as well as their economic and social exclusion.

In addition, it expressed concern at negative stereotyping of religions and manifestations of intolerance and discrimination in matters of religion or belief.

The resolution strongly deplores physical attacks and assaults on businesses, cultural centres and places of worship of all religions as well as targeting of religious symbols.

It urges states to take resolute action to prohibit the dissemination of racist and xenophobic ideas and material aimed at any religion or its followers that constitute incitement to racial and religious hatred, hostility or violence.

In addition, the resolution urges states to provide, within their respective legal and constitutional systems, adequate protection against acts of hatred, discrimination, intimidation and coercion resulting from defamation of religions.

The resolution deplores the use of the print, audio-visual and electronic media, including the Internet, and any other means to incite acts of violence, xenophobia or related intolerance and discrimination towards Islam or any other religion.

In addition, it invites the Special Rapporteur on contemporary forms of racism, racial discrimination, xenophobia and related intolerance to regularly report on all manifestations of defamation of religions and in particular on the serious implications of Islamophobia on the enjoyment of all rights.

The resolution requests the High Commissioner for Human Rights to report to the Human Rights Council on the implementation of this resolution at its sixth session. Pakistani diplomat and coordinator of the OIC in Geneva Ambassador Tehmina Janjua told the council when introducing the adopted draft said that post-9/11, Muslims had suffered from systematic and collective discrimination as members of a global community belonging to one religion.

“The acts of a few persons professing to be Muslims allow to target one billion Muslims with the brush of terrorism,” she stressed.

There's more with this article at their site.
http://sweetness-light.com/

Kathianne
03-30-2007, 06:37 PM
From those defenders of the faith at the Kuwaiti News Agency:

Human Rights Council concerned over stigmatising Muslim, Arab minorities
3/30/2007

GENEVA, March 30 (KUNA) — The Human Rights Council adopted a resolution Friday that expressed concern at laws or administrative measures specifically designed to “control” and “monitor” Muslim and Arab minorities, thereby stigmatizing them further and legitimating the discrimination they experienced.

The resolution was passed with 24 votees for, 14 against, and 9 abstentions.

The council also expressed deep concern over attempts to identify Islam with terrorism, violence and human rights violations.

Presented by Pakistan on behalf of the Organization of the Islamic Conference (OIC), the resolution on combating defamation of religions that was adopted noted with deep concern the intensification of the campaign of defamation of religions and ethnic and religious profiling of Muslim minorities in the aftermath of 9/11.

The resolution recognizes that, in the context of the fight against terrorism, defamation of religions becomes an aggravating factor that contributes to the denial of fundamental rights and freedoms of target groups, as well as their economic and social exclusion.

In addition, it expressed concern at negative stereotyping of religions and manifestations of intolerance and discrimination in matters of religion or belief.

The resolution strongly deplores physical attacks and assaults on businesses, cultural centres and places of worship of all religions as well as targeting of religious symbols.

It urges states to take resolute action to prohibit the dissemination of racist and xenophobic ideas and material aimed at any religion or its followers that constitute incitement to racial and religious hatred, hostility or violence.

In addition, the resolution urges states to provide, within their respective legal and constitutional systems, adequate protection against acts of hatred, discrimination, intimidation and coercion resulting from defamation of religions.

The resolution deplores the use of the print, audio-visual and electronic media, including the Internet, and any other means to incite acts of violence, xenophobia or related intolerance and discrimination towards Islam or any other religion.

In addition, it invites the Special Rapporteur on contemporary forms of racism, racial discrimination, xenophobia and related intolerance to regularly report on all manifestations of defamation of religions and in particular on the serious implications of Islamophobia on the enjoyment of all rights.

The resolution requests the High Commissioner for Human Rights to report to the Human Rights Council on the implementation of this resolution at its sixth session. Pakistani diplomat and coordinator of the OIC in Geneva Ambassador Tehmina Janjua told the council when introducing the adopted draft said that post-9/11, Muslims had suffered from systematic and collective discrimination as members of a global community belonging to one religion.

“The acts of a few persons professing to be Muslims allow to target one billion Muslims with the brush of terrorism,” she stressed.

There's more with this article at their site.
http://sweetness-light.com/

Like this? :rolleyes: http://debatepolicy.com/showthread.php?p=32835#post32835

We should NOT allow the UN to undermine the 1st amendment. Our own press did a good enough job with the whole cartoon caper-bastards.

Gaffer
03-30-2007, 07:14 PM
I will insult, defame, verbally attack and dispise muslims all I want. And I will support any that do so as well. The un and the muslims can all kiss my ass.

The muslims have been coddled for way to long and now expect even more coddling. :pee: islam

Kathianne
03-30-2007, 07:15 PM
I will insult, defame, verbally attack and dispise muslims all I want. And I will support any that do so as well. The un and the muslims can all kiss my ass.

The muslims have been coddled for way to long and now expect even more coddling. :pee: islam

I wonder what the UN version of a 'hate crime' will do to the individual citizen of the US? LOL!

Gaffer
03-30-2007, 08:04 PM
I wonder what the UN version of a 'hate crime' will do to the individual citizen of the US? LOL!

Well they will send you a letter telling you what a bad person you are for doing that. After a long debate about the wording of course. And if you continue they will send you another letter ad infinitum.

It's just another try to get control of the US and suspend the Constitution.

Kathianne
03-30-2007, 08:09 PM
Well they will send you a letter telling you what a bad person you are for doing that. After a long debate about the wording of course. And if you continue they will send you another letter ad infinitum.

It's just another try to get control of the US and suspend the Constitution.

Well like Kim or Yabbadabadoo, I can live with that. Islam extreme sucks the pig!

grunt
03-30-2007, 08:41 PM
"And the prophet, piss be upon him, asked "Who amongst you will gargle pig piss with me in Paradise?" The legions of destitute sand monkeys replied "We have nothing to live for, due to the fact that those in power have absolute power. They enjoy the fruits of life, while subjugating us with a theological charade. So we will follow your bastardized, homocidal philosophy, yea, though it shall also be the very tool the despotic oil barons shall seek to manipulate us with!" And the blind masses threw up their prayers with a futility and redundancy and pointlessness unbeknownst amongst anyone with common sense. And surely, they who would desire to throw theirs' and others' lives away with such abandon, they did indeed feast on pig shit and did surely endure the wrath of forty Arabic women armed with metallic strap-ons and a vengeance! Oh how the martyrs now shit soup cans of their own device...Allah Ackbar...May their anuses burn with the retribution of twenty-million women scorned...may pigs' colons be familiar with the warmth of their breath. ALLAH FUCKTARD!"

03-31-2007, 03:24 AM
Arent muslims one of the largest religious groups in the world? On what planet are they a minority. They might not be the largest, but Id hardly call them a minority

Gaffer
03-31-2007, 02:17 PM
There are about 1.5 billion muslims. I hardly consider that a minority. But then only a small percentage of them are suppose to be radical. But no one can say what that small percentage is. Even 1% of 1.5 billion is a million radicals. And my guess is the radicals make up a much larger percentage.

gabosaurus
04-02-2007, 12:22 AM
Aren't Jewish beliefs and values also protected?

04-02-2007, 01:41 AM

When was the last time the UN supported anything Jewish?

Gaffer
04-03-2007, 04:18 PM

No.

90% of the resolutions passed by the un are against Israel. If Israel is attacked then the un passes a resolution against them for defending themselves.

The un did nothing about darfur but they did pass 7 revolutions condemning Israel over the last few months.

theHawk
04-03-2007, 04:25 PM
"And the Pedophile, piss be upon him, asked "Who amongst you will gargle pig piss with me in Paradise?"

Fixed.