PDA

View Full Version : Friggin' Budweiser!

Immanuel
02-02-2009, 09:08 PM
Okay, I don't drink at home very often, so maybe this is not news to some of you, but I had kind of a rough afternoon at work so when I got home and called my wife who was still at work, I asked her to pick up some beer for me so I could take the edge off the stress tonight. Well, actually, she asked me if I wanted her to pick some beer up. So, she goes over to the grocery store in the shopping center she works at and picks up a six pack. What does she come home with? Six 7 ounce bottles of Budweiser! She says that is the biggest bottles they had! Seven ounces! What the hell is that? Not even enough to whet the whistle.

I didn't ask, because I already know the answer, but, I'm certain that she paid as much for the 7 ounce bottles as they used to sell the 12 ounces for.

What a friggin rip off.

But, hey, they had the best ads during the Super Bowl once again.

Immie

hjmick
02-02-2009, 09:13 PM
Yeah, but it's Budweiser. :puke3:

manu1959
02-02-2009, 10:16 PM
so what did you drink after that..............

moderate democrat
02-02-2009, 10:19 PM
my new drink of choice: Jimador tequila. Try it with grapefruit juice, a little club soda and some salt around the rim.

manu1959
02-02-2009, 10:20 PM
my new drink of choice: Jimador tequila. Try it with grapefruit juice, a little club soda and some salt around the rim.

ahhhhhhhhhh the drink of choice in the castro...........

Yurt
02-02-2009, 10:45 PM
maybe they were travel size :coffee:

manu1959
02-02-2009, 10:55 PM
maybe they were travel size :coffee:

ahhhhhhhhhhhh road cokes......

Immanuel
02-03-2009, 11:44 AM
so what did you drink after that..............

I was S.O.L. to put it bluntly.

Although we have a bottle of Cognac, that just was not on my list of desirables at the time.

Immie

dan
02-03-2009, 01:02 PM
Immie, fear not, Bud produces those smaller bottles (called "ponies" in my neck of the woods) for the lighter drinkers out there (broads), but they still make the 12 oz. bottles, too. Just got a 12-pack of them last weekend, as a matter of fact.

Abbey Marie
02-03-2009, 03:47 PM
Didn't Bud used to have a large sized can nicknamed "teeners"?

dan
02-03-2009, 04:47 PM
Didn't Bud used to have a large sized can nicknamed "teeners"?

Not sure, you've got the 24 oz. can (tall boys) and the 16 oz. can (silos). At least that's what they called them 'round these parts.

DannyR
02-03-2009, 05:07 PM
Never enjoyed the smell of beer and have never drunk a drop.

My dad used to send us collecting aluminum cans growing up, and on a hot summer day I picked up a full unopened one from the side of the road. It exploded all over me and I stank of the stuff the rest of the day.

LiberalNation
02-03-2009, 05:10 PM
don't really like the bitterness, give me sweet fruity drinks with lots of suger.

Immanuel
02-03-2009, 06:49 PM
don't really like the bitterness, give me sweet fruity drinks with lots of suger.

Well, I will admit to having graduated to wine and other liquors, but occasionally, especially on a hot day when I'm out in the sun with a very cold beer I can enjoy it.

But, the beer has to be COLD!

Immie

5stringJeff
02-03-2009, 06:55 PM
I asked her to pick up some beer for me ... What does she come home with? Six 7 ounce bottles of Budweiser!

Did you send her back to get you some beer?

Said1
02-03-2009, 07:15 PM
Okay, I don't drink at home very often, so maybe this is not news to some of you, but I had kind of a rough afternoon at work so when I got home and called my wife who was still at work, I asked her to pick up some beer for me so I could take the edge off the stress tonight. Well, actually, she asked me if I wanted her to pick some beer up. So, she goes over to the grocery store in the shopping center she works at and picks up a six pack. What does she come home with? Six 7 ounce bottles of Budweiser! She says that is the biggest bottles they had! Seven ounces! What the hell is that? Not even enough to whet the whistle.

I didn't ask, because I already know the answer, but, I'm certain that she paid as much for the 7 ounce bottles as they used to sell the 12 ounces for.

What a friggin rip off.

But, hey, they had the best ads during the Super Bowl once again.

Immie

She probably did it on purpose. No one wants to be around a drunk guy after a bad day at work. :laugh2:

Immanuel
02-03-2009, 07:21 PM
Did you send her back to get you some beer?

No, but I thought about going out and getting some myself. You know... if you want something done right etc. etc. etc.

She probably did it on purpose. No one wants to be around a drunk guy after a bad day at work. :laugh2:

Hadn't thought of it like that, but since she offered to pick it up in the first place... well, it just hadn't occurred to me.

Immie