PDA

View Full Version : Sen. Judd Gregg accepts commerce secretary post

Yurt
02-02-2009, 10:51 PM
Sen. Judd Gregg accepts commerce secretary post

WASHINGTON (CNN) -- Republican Sen. Judd Gregg of New Hampshire has accepted President Barack Obama's offer to be commerce secretary, two administration officials said Monday.

And in a move that will leave the balance of the Senate unchanged, New Hampshire's Democratic governor will name a Republican to replace Gregg, state political sources said.

Gregg, a third-term Republican known for being fiscally conservative, said in a written statement Friday that he was among those being considered for the post, but White House spokesman Robert Gibbs said no final decision has been made.

Gregg's term is up in 2010. If he left the Senate, New Hampshire Gov. John Lynch could have named a Democrat to replace him, giving the Democrats the 60-seat majority needed to overcome Republican attempts to use filibusters to block legislation.

But state political sources from both parties said Monday that Lynch will name Gregg's former chief of staff, Bonnie Newman, to replace him.

http://www.cnn.com/2009/POLITICS/02/02/judd.gregg.commerce/index.html

interesting to say the least

moderate democrat
02-02-2009, 10:55 PM
my guess is, given the tiny "bench" that the republican party has in New Hampshire, that such a move will improve the chances of the democrats taking the seat in 2010.

manu1959
02-02-2009, 10:57 PM
my guess is, given the tiny "bench" that the republican party has in New Hampshire, that such a move will improve the chances of the democrats taking the seat in 2010.

naaaaaaaah...the dems are going to over play their hand over the next two years......the stimulus package will pass out like a drunk new englander on a bender...the o man will be four and out.....

manu1959
02-02-2009, 10:59 PM
a totally expected prognostication.

really how is that......

moderate democrat
02-02-2009, 10:59 PM
naaaaaaaah...the dems are going to over play their hand over the next two years......the stimulus package will pass out like a drunk new englander on a bender...the o man will be four and out.....

a totally expected prognostication.

moderate democrat
02-02-2009, 11:09 PM
folks have been predicting Obama's failure since before his election.

Yurt
02-02-2009, 11:17 PM
folks have been predicting Obama's failure since before his election.

yeah, you've been predicting iraq failure since the beginning and predicting bush failure since the beginning of 04'

Yurt
02-02-2009, 11:19 PM

that so reminds me of this drunk idiot from augusta maine that started crap with me in a bar, but then he he was so drunk he fell out the door in embarrassment....we all had a good laugh

manu1959
02-02-2009, 11:35 PM
really how is that......

tell me/......how did i post this before he asked it.....

Yurt
02-02-2009, 11:46 PM
tell me/......how did i post this before he asked it.....

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/NzlG28B-R8Y&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/NzlG28B-R8Y&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Noir
02-03-2009, 07:27 AM
Why don't you guys run by-ellections?