PDA

View Full Version : Christian Bale goes crazy!

dan
02-02-2009, 11:58 PM
You may remember that Christian Bale went nuts on the set of "Terminator Salvation" a few months back, threatening to stop production and beat some serious ass.

The incident was audiotaped, and it's amazing. It happened on the set after a director of photography accidentally ruined a scene by walking onto the set. Bale lost it, screaming, yelling and threatening to quit if the bosses didn't fire the dude.

Film execs sent the tape to the insurance company that insured the film in case Bale bailed.

http://www.tmz.com/2009/02/02/bale-went-ballistic/
(contains adult language)

And, hot off the presses, the remix. It's pretty funny and the turnaround is pretty impressive.

http://www.myspace.com/revolucian (http://www.myspace.com/revolucian)

Yurt
02-03-2009, 12:35 AM
maybe somebody peed in his weetabix..

-Cp
02-03-2009, 02:07 PM
I dunno, but I hope this ruins his movie career....

Abbey Marie
02-03-2009, 03:37 PM
But -CP, don't you understand how important his craft is?

Noir
02-03-2009, 03:42 PM
Didn't he like punch his mum during the filming of Batman: The dark knight or something?

dan
02-03-2009, 03:42 PM
But -CP, don't you understand how important his craft is?

"Dammit! I'm trying really hard to put myself in the place of a person on the run from a giant robot, and he's ruining it!" That's the funniest thing to me, it's not like he's making a moving piece of art here.

Abbey Marie
02-03-2009, 03:43 PM
"Dammit! I'm trying really hard to put myself in the place of a person on the run from a giant robot, and he's ruining it!" That's the funniest thing to me, it's not like he's making a moving piece of art here.

:laugh2:

DannyR
02-03-2009, 03:48 PM

I generally like his movies. Who cares what he's like offscreen. Most hollywood actors are nuts.

Abbey Marie
02-03-2009, 03:51 PM

I generally like his movies. Who cares what he's like offscreen. Most hollywood actors are nuts.

Danny, are you one of those types who loves to disagree with everyone to just to be contrary?

(Careful; it's a trick question). :poke:

DannyR
02-03-2009, 04:00 PM
hehe. I do have a strong devil's advocate side to me that likes to argue.

But still, sure Bale's a prick. But why wish it ruins his career? I liked him in Prestige, 3:10 to Yuma, Reign of Fire and American Psycho. Not my favorite as Batman, but pretty much everyone sucks as Batman.

dan
02-03-2009, 04:43 PM
Most hollywood actors are nuts.

I think that's the thing to keep in mind more than anything else. These sorts of things probably happen all the time. I don't feel bad for him, but Bale's mostly a victim of circumstance here, I'm sure any self-serious actor type has probably had a moment or two like this. Hell, Sean Penn seems to have one on the set of every movie he's in.

hjmick
02-03-2009, 08:31 PM
In all fairness to Mr. Bale, who I think is a fine actor (see American Psycho), it sounds as if this wasn't the first time the DP walked on set and ruined the scene. That being said, there is adequate evidence in the audio to suggest that Mr. Bale might benefit from some anger management counseling.

Nukeman
02-04-2009, 06:57 AM
In all fairness to Mr. Bale, who I think is a fine actor (see American Psycho), it sounds as if this wasn't the first time the DP walked on set and ruined the scene. That being said, there is adequate evidence in the audio to suggest that Mr. Bale might benefit from some anger management counseling.

I would also add that WE do not know what led up to the outburst. WE don't know what time of day it was if it had been a 20 hour day of shooting and if the scene was a very stressful one.

Everyone can sit back and second guess what he did and what he said but we have an "audio" clip and NOTHING else. Does that excuse his blowing his top??? maybe, maybe not. do we know if the DP was an ass or not??? NO... All we have is a one sided audio clip.....

To wish ruin on someone for telling someone off is really rather pathetic....

Just my 2 cents worth!!!:cool:

Psychoblues
02-04-2009, 07:00 AM
This is not a movie comment. Perhaps we need an actor's forum or would this thread be more pertinent in the humor files?!?!?!??!?!??!?!?!?!????!

:beer::cheers2::beer:

Psychoblues

dan
02-04-2009, 06:04 PM
This is not a movie comment. Perhaps we need an actor's forum or would this thread be more pertinent in the humor files?!?!?!??!?!??!?!?!?!????!

Psychoblues

It relates more to movies than anything else!:slap:

I think T4 is going to suck, but I was pleasantly surprised with T3, so I'm willing to give it the benefit of the doubt, but I really don't like Christian Bale all that much (not because of this, he just seems to generally take himself way too seriously).

There ya go, Psycho, now it's about movies!:cheers2:

dan
02-04-2009, 06:07 PM
I would also add that WE do not know what led up to the outburst. WE don't know what time of day it was if it had been a 20 hour day of shooting and if the scene was a very stressful one.

Everyone can sit back and second guess what he did and what he said but we have an "audio" clip and NOTHING else. Does that excuse his blowing his top??? maybe, maybe not. do we know if the DP was an ass or not??? NO... All we have is a one sided audio clip.....

To wish ruin on someone for telling someone off is really rather pathetic....

Just my 2 cents worth!!!:cool:

I mean, it's the internet, that's what people do.

BUT, no matter how high-stress your situation is, a rant like that

A) solves nothing

B) makes things worse because now everyone on set is very uncomfortable

C) wastes a shitload of money

D) convinces me that Bale either has a drug problem (he did seem to bulk up REALLY quickly for the Batman movies) or mental problems, or both.

Psychoblues
02-06-2009, 12:40 AM
Are you thinking steroid rage, dan?!?!?!??!??!?!?!?!?!??!

I mean, it's the internet, that's what people do.

BUT, no matter how high-stress your situation is, a rant like that

A) solves nothing

B) makes things worse because now everyone on set is very uncomfortable

C) wastes a shitload of money

D) convinces me that Bale either has a drug problem (he did seem to bulk up REALLY quickly for the Batman movies) or mental problems, or both.

It is very real and very serious. If you catch your kids trying to bulk up on that shit do the world a favor and get the kid a good education medically and otherwise!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Seriously!!!!!!!!!!!!! I've seen steroid rage up close and personal. It ain't anything to pass off as any phase or something similarly innocuous.

Could I get you a cold PBR?!?!?!??!??!?!?!???!?

Psychoblues

DragonStryk72
02-06-2009, 01:12 AM
Well, I can kind of uderstand it, a bit. He was still out of line, but I mean, especially in action movies, you have to keep running the same bit over and over again, ad nauseum, to make sure they get all the right angles, the individual bits, the lines, the choreography, etc.. By that point, he could seriously have done the same set of actions nearly 50 fifties or so.