PDA

View Full Version : Obama dines on $100 lb. Steak While Kentucky Freezes

red states rule
02-03-2009, 07:23 AM
Typical liberal - showing the arrogance and what the hell attitude toward the people

Meanwhile the folks down south still do not have power, and are freezing while Obama lives the high life. More liberal compassion on display for all to see

Obama celebrates spending binge with cocktails and wagyu steak
By Michelle Malkin • January 29, 2009 06:28 AM

Can the Obama administration be anymore tone deaf? After pushing his $1.1 trillion Generational Theft Act of 2009 through the House last night, the White House apparently decided to throw itself a swank cocktail party. According to ABC’s Jake Tapper, the menu included alcoholic beverages (vodka martinis are an Obama favorite, reportedly) and wagyu steak.

Yeah, “wagyu steak.” $100 per serving delicacy. I had to look it up, too.

On the heels of the most expensive inaugural celebration in American history and passage of a trillion-dollar spending binge that will saddle future generations with unprecedented debt, perhaps President Obama might consider cutting back on such indulgences.

Or is the White House exempt from “shared sacrifice,” Mr. President?

“New era of responsibility?”

Not so much.

http://michellemalkin.com/2009/01/29/obama-celebrates-spending-binge-with-cocktails-and-wagyu-steak/

Yurt
02-03-2009, 10:45 AM
and they republicans aren't in touch with the "average" joe....

he says wall street shoudl not get bonuses, we are in the worst since depression but oh no, he can afford this

pathetic

red states rule
02-03-2009, 10:46 AM
and they republicans aren't in touch with the "average" joe....

he says wall street shoudl not get bonuses, we are in the worst since depression but oh no, he can afford this

pathetic

Yurt, give Obama a hundred dollars and he might eat for a few minutes.

Give a taxpayer hundred dollars and he/she might eat for a few weeks.

Yurt
02-03-2009, 10:49 AM
Yurt, give Obama a hundred dollars and he might eat for a few minutes.

Give a taxpayer hundred dollars and he/she might eat for a few weeks.

thats a good one

red states rule
02-03-2009, 10:52 AM
thats a good one

I believe the he average food stamp recipient receives approximately $265 per month.

DannyR
02-03-2009, 11:29 AM
Just curious, but does anybody here know what a $100 steak tastes like?

Most expensive meal I have ever had was on my anniversary at the Sundial restaurant in Atlanta. Total bill including tip for two came to $110. Most expensive steak I've ever eaten was probably an Outback porterhouse, and that still cost only about $20.

Yurt
02-03-2009, 11:45 AM

Most expensive meal I have ever had was on my anniversary at the Sundial restaurant in Atlanta. Total bill including tip for two came to $110. Most expensive steak I've ever eaten was probably an Outback porterhouse, and that still cost only about $20.

imo, kobe beef is the best, then again, i do not often eat red meat anymore

red states rule
02-03-2009, 11:48 AM
Obama keeps talking about tightening our belts, but meanwhile the government will move up a few pant sizes.

Obama's plan is for taxpayers to do with less while government programs expand and government budgets increase.

DannyR
02-03-2009, 11:54 AM
imo, kobe beef is the best, then again, i do not often eat red meat anymoreJust curious, but why not?

LiberalNation
02-03-2009, 11:58 AM
lobster is the best and almost just as overpriced.

gabosaurus
02-03-2009, 11:58 AM
Almost the same as Dubya vacationing while New Orleans drowns, right?
As always, Malkins skewers and exaggerates the point while avoiding the obvious.

Yurt
02-03-2009, 11:59 AM
Just curious, but why not?

hurts my teeth and for some reason it does not digest well with me

gabosaurus
02-03-2009, 12:03 PM
I wonder what Malkin had in her doggy dinner bowl last night? And what RSR had.

red states rule
02-03-2009, 12:20 PM

Can you recommend a brand Gabby? What is your favorite? Everytime you go to the Westminster Kennel Club dog show you walk away with Best in Show so your insight is welcome

Yurt
02-03-2009, 12:20 PM

so what do you think of obama's hypocrisy in this matter?

red states rule
02-03-2009, 12:22 PM
so what do you think of obama's hypocrisy in this matter?

Obama is acting in tha same manner as Gabby would - so she does not see any hypocrisy at all

Trigg
02-03-2009, 01:26 PM
As always, Malkins skewers and exaggerates the point while avoiding the obvious.

Has Obama made even 1 comment regarding the ice storm that has so far killed 60 people and left millions without power????????????

Instead of rehashing old stories how about commenting on this one. Or is this the best your going to do for the next 4 years. I can hear it now "well Bush did this...blah.....blah....blah.

red states rule
02-03-2009, 01:28 PM
Has Obama made even 1 comment regarding the ice storm that has so far killed 60 people and left millions without power????????????

Instead of rehashing old stories how about commenting on this one. Or is this the best your going to do for the next 4 years. I can hear it now "well Bush did this...blah.....blah....blah.

Liberal Play Book; Chapter 3, Paragraph 2.

When you are caught, and the truth about you is out in the open, claim; “They all do it.”

Trigg
02-03-2009, 01:32 PM
Liberal Play Book; Chapter 3, Paragraph 2.

When you are caught, and the truth about you is out in the open, claim; “They all do it.”

Sad isn't it! Typical gabby though.

Yurt
02-03-2009, 01:34 PM

how could he, his mouth is full of million dollar steak

red states rule
02-03-2009, 01:39 PM
Nero fiddled while Rome burned. In this case, Obama ate steak while Kentucky froze.

emmett
02-03-2009, 01:53 PM

We're talking about Obama....... not Bush!

red states rule
02-03-2009, 01:57 PM
how could he, his mouth is full of million dollar steak

What was the carbon foot print to raise that cow?

moderate democrat
02-03-2009, 02:00 PM

I have tasted kobe beef before... it is the japanese equivalent of waygu. It is very very tender and extremely tasty.

emmett
02-03-2009, 02:01 PM

Whatever they had I bet they bought it with their own money! I also think it was probably not a hundred dollar steak. How does a steak cost a hundred dollars anyhow?

Gab, your boy is failing miserably so far! Just miserable in PR.

To the other side..... what is it that Obaha is to have done concerning the weather. Should he be there personally sitting in the living room of a house with no power? Should he be working on a lineman crew, perhaps reconnecting power lines...... ?????????

red states rule
02-03-2009, 02:03 PM

1 oz. prime, Algore brand BS

emmett
02-03-2009, 02:03 PM

It gives one gas so I would think the carbon footprint in the immediate vicinity would be considerable!

red states rule
02-03-2009, 02:11 PM
Again, it comes down to a question of judgment.

Obama, and the Democrats, have brutally attacked CEO’s that have flown on private corporate jets, taken lavish vacations, and even redecorated their office.

At this point in time, the newly elected President that ran on “Change” threw the most expensive inauguration in American History, is spending millions to redecorate the White House living quarters, and is dining on extravagant food that the average American will never have an opportunity to taste in their life time.

-Cp
02-03-2009, 02:18 PM

I do - we did an American Kobe-Steak dinner w/ our Butcher last year - he sourced the Beef from Snake River Farms, based in Idaho - they are the same supplier that supplied the beef for Iron Chef America: Battle Kobe Beef.

http://www.snakeriverfarms.com/

Yurt
02-03-2009, 02:18 PM
I have tasted kobe beef before... it is the japanese equivalent of waygu. It is very very tender and extremely tasty.

you can't just lie and expect people to believe you

Sitarro
02-03-2009, 03:01 PM

I'm curious Gabolot,

What exactly do you think President Bush should have been doing? Should he have been in New Orleans filling sand bags to show he was really trying to help? Do you think he was more "out of communication" than he would have been in Washington, D.C. ? I've never heard any of the critics state exactly what he should have been doing as President. What should Mayor Nagin and Governor Blanco been doing? Both were in Baton Rouge by the way. The Federal Government was in New Orleans immediately with the U.S. Coast Guard who rescued thousands.

red states rule
02-03-2009, 03:05 PM
Not to mention that tens of thousands in Kentucky are still without power and are freezing.

There are moments that define a person’s character, and for Obama this is one of those moments.

Obama has demonstrated that he is arrogant and uncaring. Completely out of touch with the average American in distress.

DannyR
02-03-2009, 03:22 PM
I've never heard any of the critics state exactly what he should have been doing as President.

Its not what he should of been doing, but failed to do before the catastrophe. His appointment of FEMA director was a failure that can't be laid on anybody else's hands but Bush's.

Well, correct that. The Senate should have vetted him better as well. But this was at the start of Bush's term, and hundreds of appointees were being presented so I'd give them some slack.

Other than that, my primary critique of Bush during Katrina was that he relied far too much on "Brownie" to do his job, and seemed out of touch with what was really happening. His praising Brown even though he was failing was absurd.

Yurt
02-03-2009, 03:29 PM
I've never heard any of the critics state exactly what he should have been doing as President.

Its not what he should of been doing, but failed to do before the catastrophe. His appointment of FEMA director was a failure that can't be laid on anybody else's hands but Bush's.

Well, correct that. The Senate should have vetted him better as well. But this was at the start of Bush's term, and hundreds of appointees were being presented so I'd give them some slack.

Other than that, my primary critique of Bush during Katrina was that he relied far too much on "Brownie" to do his job, and seemed out of touch with what was really happening. His praising Brown even though he was failing was absurd.

how different things would have been had the local and state governments not eff'd up so much....

amazing how much bush gets blamed and how the local dems get a pass

DannyR
02-03-2009, 04:06 PM
I never said local dems ever got a pass. Someone asked what Bush's cupability was, and I named it. Locals certainly mucked up the recover enough as well.

darin
02-03-2009, 04:26 PM
GEESH...stop NIT-PICKIN the President... (sigh)...same shit Conserv.'s bitched about the LIBS doing to GWB!

"President poops while Terrorists ATTACK!"

Yurt
02-03-2009, 05:07 PM
GEESH...stop NIT-PICKIN the President... (sigh)...same shit Conserv.'s bitched about the LIBS doing to GWB!

"President poops while Terrorists ATTACK!"

you don't find it hypocritical of obama, who bashed bush personally, to be dining out on very expensive steak when we, according to him, are in the worst economic crisis since the depresssion and people are dying from the bitter cold....

don't you find it hypocritical of obama to lash out at executive bonus and then to dine on such expensive steak and cocktails?

for me, it is not nit picking, it is holding obama accountable to the very criticism he lashed out to others and wondering why he would dine on such an expensive meal when he is asking EVERYONE else to do their share...

DannyR
02-03-2009, 05:16 PM
or me, it is not nit picking, it is holding obama accountable to the very criticism he lashed out to others and wondering why he would dine on such an expensive meal when he is asking EVERYONE else to do their share...

The steak thing is a bit much to classify as hypocrisy, as he didn't have to beg for money to buy them. Executives who ask for billions, then have a nice Caribbean holiday afterward are rightly chastised. This isn't the same as that at all.

But things like setting the thermostat higher certainly qualify, when he asked all Americans to lower their energy usage.

darin
02-03-2009, 05:21 PM
you don't find it hypocritical of obama, who bashed bush personally, to be dining out on very expensive steak when we, according to him, are in the worst economic crisis since the depresssion and people are dying from the bitter cold....

don't you find it hypocritical of obama to lash out at executive bonus and then to dine on such expensive steak and cocktails?

for me, it is not nit picking, it is holding obama accountable to the very criticism he lashed out to others and wondering why he would dine on such an expensive meal when he is asking EVERYONE else to do their share...

It's absolutely hypocritical. But He's a liberal. His behaviour shouldn't shock anyone.

Yurt
02-03-2009, 05:23 PM
The steak thing is a bit much to classify as hypocrisy, as he didn't have to beg for money to buy them. Executives who ask for billions, then have a nice Caribbean holiday afterward are rightly chastised. This isn't the same as that at all.

But things like setting the thermostat higher certainly qualify, when he asked all Americans to lower their energy usage.

he is telling americans that the entire country is in the worst economic situation since the depression...and then goes out and dines like this...roosevelt had a chicken dinner for his inaugeration, given the current situation of the country, but obama....most expensive inaug ever and a nice pricey high flying dinner...

and obama said bush was out of touch with mainstream america....uh uh

Yurt
02-03-2009, 05:26 PM
It's absolutely hypocritical. But He's a liberal. His behaviour shouldn't shock anyone.

how silly of me...

you --> :poke: <-- me

DannyR
02-03-2009, 05:42 PM
he is telling americans that the entire country is in the worst economic situation since the depression

Ergo, he's doing his part to stimulate the economy. Didn't Bush say we needed to get out there and spend more? *lol*

Stupid certainly. Hypocritical, no.

Yurt
02-03-2009, 05:46 PM
he is telling americans that the entire country is in the worst economic situation since the depression

Ergo, he's doing his part to stimulate the economy. Didn't Bush say we needed to get out there and spend more? *lol*

Stupid certainly. Hypocritical, no.

excellent, and that is just what the execs do with their bonuses, spend....the ex mayor of NY, rudy said those bonuses are integral to the NY economy...

johnney
02-03-2009, 09:46 PM
i personally dont see anything wrong with 100 steak. it might be in bad taste right now with how the economy like it is. but with all the crap going on in the US right now is nit picking about his eating habits really worth it?

Yurt
02-03-2009, 09:56 PM
i personally dont see anything wrong with 100 steak. it might be in bad taste right now with how the economy like it is. but with all the crap going on in the US right now is nit picking about his eating habits really worth it?

its a political board....not the floor of the senate

DannyR
02-03-2009, 09:57 PM
excellent, and that is just what the execs do with their bonuses, spend....the ex mayor of NY, rudy said those bonuses are integral to the NY economy...Apples and oranges.

I have no problem with a bonus given to a CEO who made his company profitable. Those CEO's can party like there is no tomorrow for all I care.

But a CEO coming before congress pleading for money to keep his company from going bankrupt, and then spending like they just got a huge payday doesn't have the luxury of saying he's wanting to stimulate the economy. He's spending money just paid him to save JUST his company on things that have nothing to do with his company.

Yurt
02-03-2009, 09:59 PM
Apples and oranges.

I have no problem with a bonus given to a CEO who made his company profitable. Those CEO's can party like there is no tomorrow for all I care.

But a CEO coming before congress pleading for money to keep his company from going bankrupt, and then spending like they just got a huge payday doesn't have the luxury of saying he's wanting to stimulate the economy. He's spending money just paid him to save JUST his company on things that have nothing to do with his company.

wait, your whole point was stimulating the economy...isn't that what the bailouts are for...

johnney
02-03-2009, 10:04 PM
its a political board....not the floor of the senate

well whats next, bag on him because he where boxers and not briefs?

DannyR
02-03-2009, 10:04 PM
wait, your whole point was stimulating the economy...isn't that what the bailouts are for...

A bailout is to keep a company from going under permanently and dragging the economy down further. Thats not the same as a stimulus bill.

You don't give a person money to pay their rent and be happy when you discover they bought a new Prada purse instead.

Yurt
02-03-2009, 10:08 PM
A bailout is to keep a company from going under permanently and dragging the economy down further. Thats not the same as a stimulus bill.

You don't give a person money to pay their rent and be happy when you discover they bought a new Prada purse instead.

are you claiming that the bailouts were not intended to stimulate the economy? why else do you think the former pres and this one are giving bailouts? to pad their retirement?

Yurt
02-03-2009, 10:09 PM
well whats next, bag on him because he where boxers and not briefs?

if someone wants to, not my thing though

a political board is boring if there is not some fun and crazy topics

red states rule
02-04-2009, 07:21 AM
It does appear that that White Greedy side of Obama is rearing it’s ugly head.

DannyR
02-04-2009, 10:30 AM
are you claiming that the bailouts were not intended to stimulate the economy? why else do you think the former pres and this one are giving bailouts? to pad their retirement?

You keep confusing the purpose of the funds. Bailout money is NOT the same as stimulus money, although there can be overlap. (the current stimulus bill includes bailout funds)

Not certain how I can explain it any more clearly. If a company is going under, and you pay of their bad debt so they are saved, that is bailout money.

If you give money to some project for them to do something they otherwise wouldn't, such as building a bridge, then that is stimulus money (or pork, depending on your point of view)

One is intended to pay off debt and prevent further decline. The other is to spend for a project that otherwise wouldn't have happened, adding jobs, increasing the economy.

A company who is begging for money to prevent bankruptcy is in need of a bailout. The money they are given is NOT intended from them to freely spend as they wish on parties and CEO bonuses, but ONLY to stop that bankruptcy!

The president gives bailouts because a company that goes bankrupt means government ends up paying tons in unemployment, possibly taking over securities, etc. A bailout prevents further backward economic downturn.

Don't know how to say it any clearer.

Yurt
02-04-2009, 10:54 AM
You keep confusing the purpose of the funds. Bailout money is NOT the same as stimulus money, although there can be overlap. (the current stimulus bill includes bailout funds)

Not certain how I can explain it any more clearly. If a company is going under, and you pay of their bad debt so they are saved, that is bailout money.

If you give money to some project for them to do something they otherwise wouldn't, such as building a bridge, then that is stimulus money (or pork, depending on your point of view)

One is intended to pay off debt and prevent further decline. The other is to spend for a project that otherwise wouldn't have happened, adding jobs, increasing the economy.

A company who is begging for money to prevent bankruptcy is in need of a bailout. The money they are given is NOT intended from them to freely spend as they wish on parties and CEO bonuses, but ONLY to stop that bankruptcy!

The president gives bailouts because a company that goes bankrupt means government ends up paying tons in unemployment, possibly taking over securities, etc. A bailout prevents further backward economic downturn.

Don't know how to say it any clearer.

and you're confusing why the bailout...why the bailout? are you actually claiming that the bailout has NOTHING to do with stimulating the economy? the entire purpose of these bailouts to help the economy. e.g., stimulates it....

not that i agree with bailouts, but the entire purpose of them is to help stabalize and stimulate the economy. as i ready informed you, those big wall street bonuses to execs and othes HELP new york's economy. the idea isn't just to save the ailing business so as to keep the status quo, it is to save the business so that the money gets put back into the economy.

DannyR
02-04-2009, 11:20 AM
and you're confusing why the bailout...why the bailout? are you actually claiming that the bailout has NOTHING to do with stimulating the economy? the entire purpose of these bailouts to help the economy. e.g., stimulates it.I wonder if you're being intentionally obtuse just to play word games.

Bailout money "stimulates" the economy only so much as it prevents further economic decline by the business in question.

Again, my example is pretty clear. Give a girl money to help with her rent, its quite understandable to get upset if she spends it at the mall instead. But give the girl money without any obligations, why should you be upset if she spends it as she wishes? The "bailout" money given to failing companies was not a free gift, but intended to pay the rent so to speak. NOT pad CEO's pockets!

But fine, have it your way. I defined the terms as clearly as I could. You want to consider a bailout a stimulus and think it acceptable CEO's spend it as they will, feel free.

red states rule
02-04-2009, 11:26 AM
I thought Obama would be full after all that PORK his fellow Dems and the slid in the stimulus bill

Yurt
02-04-2009, 11:27 AM
I wonder if you're being intentionally obtuse just to play word games.

Bailout money "stimulates" the economy only so much as it prevents further economic decline by the business in question.

Again, my example is pretty clear. Give a girl money to help with her rent, its quite understandable to get upset if she spends it at the mall instead. But give the girl money without any obligations, why should you be upset if she spends it as she wishes? The "bailout" money given to failing companies was not a free gift, but intended to pay the rent so to speak. NOT pad CEO's pockets!

But fine, have it your way. I defined the terms as clearly as I could. You want to consider a bailout a stimulus and think it acceptable CEO's spend it as they will, feel free.

who is to say those trips and bonuses are not helping the company vis a vis the economy? rent is really apple and oranges, she isn't selling anything out of the home and trying to make a profit on rent.

and i will feel free, thank you. even obama has cautioned on limiting salaries and so forth as it is NOT the government's place to run corporations. this exactly why i don't support any bailout/stimulus as the government will make things worse becaus it will want power and people like you will grant them that power solely becaus they gave some money.

are you telling me that if you loan (or give) your friend/family money for his or her "business" (not rent) that you are going to tell them how to spend that money on their business?

emmett
02-04-2009, 11:35 AM
Bailouts upset the natural order of things. They should not happen! If a company fails, it should go under. New ones will sprout to replace them. Tax money should never...... ever..... ever.... be used to stimulate the private sector. It is a prescription for failure every single time!

Now someone is going to attack my statement by bringing up Chrysler. That was a loan! It was repaid with interest. Had the financial sector been wise, it would have accomodated chrysler and made a profit off the loan, you know.... like they are in business to do! Hmmm!!!!! Sort of tells why banks got into so much trouble. Not knowing what loans to make. Seems to me the Chrysler thing was one of the best loan opportunities of the 20th century, but who capatalized on it? Noone! Might say why we have a problem here!

There have been others! Many others! The S&L's got fucked up. Instead of safe, logical investments that would pay off long term........ about now actually, they sent funds, by the billions, to risky and not so intelligent offerings. hence, water on board and taxpayer liability. Hmmm!!!!!

Now I am surely no economist but I can read! All this bailout money does is place funds back in the hands of failing industry. Has anyone ever heard of "Fool me once, fool me twice"? Ah...... HELLO!

It is borderline unconstitutional to force a person to invest in private business through the use of tax dollars. Taxation without representation. Personally, I don't give a shit if Citi Group goes under. I didn't give them any money. I don't have a steak in JP Morgan Chase, or any of the banks that are at risk.

Government created the housing problem! Attempting to regulate them, set policy for their operations, manipulate them to have to provide loans that were sorry and legislaters placing themselves in position to recieve big cheap loans, funny money and other dishonest advantages in order to vote and influence folks to further set up this disaster. The institutions are at fault for allowing it. Screw em, let em go under. If someone bought a house they could not afford, screw them, let em move to an apartment that they can afford.

Bailouts are disaster! Sugar coat it, manipulate it, whatever, they are wrong and will not work! It isn't our money! We don't have it. You can't just say, "raise taxes" on succesful people who did not make these mistakes, to fund the impropitities of those who didn't. Screw em! Let em go! Someone with better practices will replace them and operate more carefully, that will not have to borrow money from my unborn great grandchildren to pay for the game of being in business that they play!

How do we not get this?

emmett
02-04-2009, 11:38 AM
As for the stimulous plan...............

Where's the beef? All I see is pork!

red states rule
02-04-2009, 11:40 AM
As for the stimulous plan...............

Where's the beef? All I see is pork!

I wonder what cuts of beef those greedy Wall St pigs dine on?

Certainly none of that $100 a pound steak I'm sure.

DannyR
02-04-2009, 11:47 AM
this exactly why i don't support any bailout/stimulus as the government will make things worse becaus it will want power and people like you will grant them that power solely becaus they gave some money.

If they didn't want to give up power, they shouldn't have come to Washington DC and begged for the money in the first place. You are blaming Washington, when its the companies that came with their hands out first.

I see absolutely nothing wrong with stating that if the government has to give you money to run a business, then that money shouldn't go to pad some CEO's retirement account.

Bailouts upset the natural order of things. They should not happen! If a company fails, it should go under. New ones will sprout to replace them. Tax money should never...... ever..... ever.... be used to stimulate the private sector. It is a prescription for failure every single time!What do you think about government underwriting of places like banks? Isn't the FDIC insurance protecting investors a form of bailout?

Yurt
02-04-2009, 12:36 PM
OTE=DannyR;346077]If they didn't want to give up power, they shouldn't have come to Washington DC and begged for the money in the first place. You are blaming Washington, when its the companies that came with their hands out first.

and you call me obtuse...where did i blame washington?

I see absolutely nothing wrong with stating that if the government has to give you money to run a business, then that money shouldn't go to pad some CEO's retirement account.

What do you think about government underwriting of places like banks? Isn't the FDIC insurance protecting investors a form of bailout?

did my question about you loaning or giving money to a friend/family member re their business bother you?

you are entitled to your opinion as to where the money should go...as am i...you continuing to tell me i am obtuse or not seeing the point is ad hominem and nothing at all to do with the fact that we're talking opinions of what control the government should have when it gives money. that is why i asked you the question re what would you do personally....

the part you cut out of my post:

and i will feel free, thank you. even obama has cautioned on limiting salaries and so forth as it is NOT the government's place to run corporations. this exactly why i don't support any bailout/stimulus as the government will make things worse becaus it will want power and people like you will grant them that power solely becaus they gave some money.

are you telling me that if you loan (or give) your friend/family money for his or her "business" (not rent) that you are going to tell them how to spend that money on their business?

Yurt
02-04-2009, 12:38 PM
as to blame, maybe what you are referring to is the government giving out the money, not sure, but if so....

then yes, i blame entirely the government. it matters not a whit that someone asked for money, the only thing that matters is that the government gave the money, the government had and has the power to say no.

DannyR
02-04-2009, 01:35 PM
did my question about you loaning or giving money to a friend/family member re their business bother you? No, just didn't see the relevance as I'd pretty much already answered the question.

If their business was failing, they came to me asking for money, and then I found out they spent it throwing a party instead, I'd be pissed. It doesn't matter if its a friend or not. You borrow money for one purpose, and spend it on something wasteful, its an abuse of the lender. Doesn't matter if its for rent, or something else.

If the money on the other hand is given freely, WITHOUT CONDITIONS, thats a different story. I give my niece a birthday present of $100, I don't care if she blows it buying the latest Britney Spears album vs investing it soundly.

If I as an investor give a company $100,000 by buying their stock, and I find out the CEO pretty much pockets that money and lets the company go bankrupt, that's also an abuse of the lender! Money given as an investment is to be used to promote the business as a whole, not the pocketbook of just one person.

the government had and has the power to say no.Very true, and it should have said no. But again beside the point. I never argued that the bailouts/stimulus bills were a good thing. I only support the right of government to expect such money to be spent on exactly what it was allocated for, not frivolous parties!

Yurt
02-04-2009, 01:43 PM
when you take a small business loan, the bank doesn't tell you how to run the company

DannyR
02-04-2009, 01:54 PM
when you take a small business loan, the bank doesn't tell you how to run the company

Many small business loans are secured by some sort of collateral. You waste the money, the bank will come a knocking and take that collateral back, be it your home, car or whatever.

Also plenty of banks will, if they discover you don't use that loan for the actual business, demand the money back, possibly sue for fraud, etc.

So no, they don't tell you how to use the money, but they also don't give it restriction free either.