PDA

View Full Version : Obama Mounts Media Blitz For Stimulus Plan

red states rule
02-03-2009, 09:19 AM
Pres Obama must getting desperate, he will make the rounds to his campaign staff to try and sell the mega pork bill to the public

Support for the bill (and Obama's approval ratings) are falling - so now he hits the airwaves

Obama Mounts Media Blitz For Stimulus Plan
As Senate Opens Debate On $800B-Plus Economic Package, President To Give TV Interviews Promoting Package

CBS/ AP) President Barack Obama planned to spend Tuesday waging an all-out media blitz to promote passage of his $800 billion-plus stimulus plan, which faces assaults from both Democrats and Republicans during debate in the Senate this week.

Mr. Obama was slated to give a series of Oval Office television interviews. He spoke with Democratic congressional leaders about the spending and tax-cut package on Monday afternoon at the White House, and planned to talk economics with the Democratic rank-and-file at House and Senate retreats later in the week.

President Obama's young administration faced an unwelcome distraction to its efforts to gain support for the stimulus plan as a second Cabinet nominee faced questions over his tax returns

Former Sen. Tom Daschle apologized Monday for failing to pay more than $120,000 in taxes and appealed to his former colleagues in the Senate to approve him all the same. Mr. Obama said he was "absolutely" sticking with his nominee for health secretary.

The White House both underscored the magnitude of the problem and tried to downplay it in the space of seven words. "Nobody's perfect," said press secretary Robert Gibbs. "It was a serious mistake. ..."

The administration did receive some welcome news when another Cabinet choice, Eric Holder, was confirmed by the Senate late Monday. Holder was to be sworn in Tuesday to become the first African-American U.S. attorney general

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2009/02/03/politics/100days/economy/main4771626.shtml?tag=topStory;topStoryHeadline

moderate democrat
02-03-2009, 09:29 AM
they'll make changes to the bill in the senate... it will pass there with a degree of republican support... and the president will sign it by president's day, IMHO.

red states rule
02-03-2009, 09:30 AM
they'll make changes to the bill in the senate... it will pass there with a degree of republican support... and the president will sign it by president's day, IMHO.

There is alot of pork to cut - about 95% of the bill needs to be cut

red states rule
02-03-2009, 09:44 AM
I didn't know there were that many hookers in Dayton, OH

Initiative to Reduce Prostitution-Off the Streets Program.

This initiative would connect individuals involved in prostitution with resources to leave a life of prostitution. Beginning with emergency shelter and continuing with an array of educational

$1,500,000.00 Public Safety-137

http://www.stimuluswatch.org/

red states rule
02-03-2009, 10:38 AM
OK. Obama needs to wear a headset when he goes on TV and here is what he needs to say

ScamWow!

It's like a scam-you-all! It's like a towel! It's like a sponge!

Sucks up the bucks!

Holds 20x it's weight in needless pork.

Easily redistributes wealth without a fuss!

Made in Congress. You know the Reid/Pelosi Congress makes good stuff .

Special offer:

Buy now, pay dearly later!

Support one huge ScamWow now, and wait for multiple minnie ScamWow's later.

Hurry! Say yes now! We can't do this all day.

You'll say Wow!

Stimulus and job guarantees not included.

moderate democrat
02-03-2009, 01:53 PM
There is alot of pork to cut - about 95% of the bill needs to be cut

and we both know that your party in the senate will not stand united against the bill that they will craft there. It will pass and be signed into law... and then, you can go on with your anti-American, party before country rant and hope that the economic stimulus package does NOT help our ailing economy.

red states rule
02-03-2009, 01:55 PM
and we both know that your party in the senate will not stand united against the bill that they will craft there. It will pass and be signed into law... and then, you can go on with your anti-American, party before country rant and hope that the economic stimulus package does NOT help our ailing economy.

http://sas-origin.onstreammedia.com/origin/gallupinc/GallupSpaces/Production/Cms/POLL/fza-6-xtyeyay32voomoia.gif

moderate democrat
02-03-2009, 01:58 PM
Regardless of what any poll might say, I say again:

and we both know that your party in the senate will not stand united against the bill that they will craft there - with revisions. It will pass and be signed into law... and then, you can go on with your anti-American, party before country rant and hope that the economic stimulus package does NOT help our ailing economy.

red states rule
02-03-2009, 01:59 PM
Regardless of what any poll might say, I say again:

and we both know that your party in the senate will not stand united against the bill that they will craft there - with revisions. It will pass and be signed into law... and then, you can go on with your anti-American, party before country rant and hope that the economic stimulus package does NOT help our ailing economy.

Being a liberal, what the hell do you care what the polls say?

Elections are 20 months away - so you tell the voters to fuck off

moderate democrat
02-03-2009, 02:03 PM
Being a liberal, what the hell do you care what the polls say?

Elections are 20 months away - so you tell the voters to fuck off

the polls I care about closed down the evening of 11/4/08

red states rule
02-03-2009, 02:05 PM
the polls I care about closed down the evening of 11/4/08

My point exactly. Libs like you could not care less about the voters until you need them to vote for you

So right now, fuck em. We won and we will do what we damn well please

Keep that attitude V - right up until the 2010 midterm

moderate democrat
02-03-2009, 02:10 PM
My point exactly. Libs like you could not care less about the voters until you need them to vote for you

So right now, fuck em. We won and we will do what we damn well please

Keep that attitude V - right up until the 2010 midterm

I thought you all didn't like politicians who governed by looking at public opinion polls.

red states rule
02-03-2009, 02:14 PM
I thought you all didn't like politicians who governed by looking at public opinion polls.

Libs govern by polls - but now they want to ignore them

Obama is in panic mode, Dems are having to actually explain why they have so much pork in the bill, and support for the bill and Obama are tanking

Gotta love this change