gabosaurus
02-03-2009, 12:05 PM
Classy, eh?
http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/front/6243271.html

Yurt
02-03-2009, 12:18 PM
Classy, eh?
http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/front/6243271.html

i don't know if they are classy, do you have experience with this service?

02-03-2009, 02:52 PM
not a big betrayal person.

DannyR
02-03-2009, 04:11 PM
AshleyMadison.com CEO Noel Biderman said he started the service in 2001, after reading that 30 percent of the people signing up for singles dating services were actually married.

“I thought, wouldn’t it be better to be honest about your status?” he said. “About 3.3 million members and tens of millions of dollars later, I think I was right.”

Today, the Toronto-based company is focusing on Texas because Houston, Dallas and San Antonio represent its fastest-growing markets.

“We’ve had close to a quarter-million members join in the past few months,” Biderman said.Gotta love Texas. At least he's honest about what he represents!

darin
02-03-2009, 04:20 PM
If humans are a collection of cells somehow made sentient, there is no basis for morals. Some might argue promiscuity helps ensure the future of the race.

DannyR
02-03-2009, 04:58 PM
If humans are a collection of cells somehow made sentient, there is no basis for morals.I assume by this statement you are arguing that if God doesn't exist and we are just creations of evolution, then morality is meaningless?

Have to strongly disagree. While short term gains can result from immoral people acting in their own self interests, morality as a whole has meaning with or without God because society as a whole benefits when people act in what is traditionally defined as a "moral" manner.

And by morals, I generally mean the basic ones of not stealing, not killing, telling the truth, etc. More historically based ones such as homosexuality were important in the past, but are less important today now that the population is much less at risk.

darin
02-03-2009, 06:19 PM
If God doesn't exist, and our life is regulated to the time we have on this earth as mere animals, morality and the value of deeds and conduct is irrelevant. There's no motivation to achieve any measurable difference between us and our other animal brethren.

DannyR
02-03-2009, 09:34 PM
If God doesn't exist, and our life is regulated to the time we have on this earth as mere animals, morality and the value of deeds and conduct is irrelevant. There's no motivation to achieve any measurable difference between us and our other animal brethren.eh? You might not value our time here on Earth, but I find its rather valuable to me and thats plenty of motivation in my opinion. In fact, general morality and treating each other well is MORE important if we only have the one life to live, as its our duty to limit suffering during this time.

Sounds to me like you are moral only to guarantee yourself a nice spot in heaven. I'm moral because its the right way to treat my fellow humans and making their life here on earth as happy as possible. Sorry, I prefer my reasoning to yours. Its far less selfish.

darin
02-03-2009, 09:48 PM
There's no motivation to live a good life if 'good' is not defined. There is NO basis for 'general morality' as it weighs the decisions of others higher than some. That weight is purely subjective. Afterall, we're merely a collection of cells which replicated and eventually became life. Because there is no design to our being, we're of no higher moral authority than apes or birds or ants. You have no cause to be moral - in fact, you cannot DEFINE morality except 'living how you want to live.' - I measure my morality against a standard set-forth by the Creator. That's the difference. You have no stake in morality because you have no being to whom you are accountable for your deeds and thoughts.

Making one's life as 'happy as possible' is so far from morality it's silly.

Psychoblues
02-04-2009, 04:41 AM
Have you ever considered that nudity, tits, ass, etc. aren't immoral at all?!?!??!?!?!?!??!?

What a bunch of freakin' prudes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How about something to relieve the tension and increase the libido?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!

:beer::cheers2::beer:

Psychoblues