PDA

View Full Version : 23-foot escapee didn’t get far

Yurt
02-03-2009, 12:11 PM
23-foot escapee didn’t get far

A 23-foot long, 130-pound reticulated python slithered out of her owner’s home and through her San Luis Obispo neighborhood on Ramona Drive south of Foothill Boulevard.

She was later found Monday basking in the sun by a wood pile in a neighboring yard. The female python, aka Clarice, escaped from her home at 240 Ramona Drive with another python sometime after 10 p.m. Sunday night; their absence was noticed by owner Brandon Dennis on Monday morning. He believes the snake had escaped through the back sliding door.

“It’s a monster. But it’s a totally domesticated snake. It’s never killed any food. Apparently the snake is very friendly.”

The snake’s owner is not in any trouble, San Luis Obispo police Sgt. Kurt Hixenbaugh said.

“They are legal to own,” Hixenbaugh said. “There is no leash law for snakes.”

http://www.sanluisobispo.com/news/local/story/609056.html

um, the guy lost two snakes that night, one 23 feet long....hmmmmm, how does one do that...

i'm just glad i learned that there is no leash law for 23 foot pythons in SLO, amazing what one can learn everyday

picture and comments at link, comments are kinda funny

Yurt
02-03-2009, 12:13 PM
Hey, I just lost my pet lion. Let me know if you find him. He's relatively friendly and loves a good steak. He also loves dogs and cats. Answers to the name "King."

:laugh2:

Trigg
02-03-2009, 01:35 PM
23-foot escapee didn’t get far

A 23-foot long, 130-pound reticulated python slithered out of her owner’s home and through her San Luis Obispo neighborhood on Ramona Drive south of Foothill Boulevard.

She was later found Monday basking in the sun by a wood pile in a neighboring yard. The female python, aka Clarice, escaped from her home at 240 Ramona Drive with another python sometime after 10 p.m. Sunday night; their absence was noticed by owner Brandon Dennis on Monday morning. He believes the snake had escaped through the back sliding door.

“It’s a monster. But it’s a totally domesticated snake. It’s never killed any food. Apparently the snake is very friendly.”

The snake’s owner is not in any trouble, San Luis Obispo police Sgt. Kurt Hixenbaugh said.

“They are legal to own,” Hixenbaugh said. “There is no leash law for snakes.”

http://www.sanluisobispo.com/news/local/story/609056.html

um, the guy lost two snakes that night, one 23 feet long....hmmmmm, how does one do that...

i'm just glad i learned that there is no leash law for 23 foot pythons in SLO, amazing what one can learn everyday

picture and comments at link, comments are kinda funny

A domesticated snake, now I've heard everything.:laugh2:

Yurt
02-03-2009, 02:59 PM
A domesticated snake, now I've heard everything.:laugh2:

how do you "lose" a 23 foot snake? and how does it "sneak" out of the house?

http://faqinfosite.com/snakesvipersdeadliestdeadlydangerousvenom/images/reticulated%20python.jpg

Little-Acorn
02-03-2009, 03:48 PM
how do you "lose" a 23 foot snake? and how does it "sneak" out of the house?

Easy. Just swallow the homeowner whole, wait a week or so, then you can go wherever you want.

That snake looks like it could do it, too.

"Apparently the snake is very friendly.”
Right. Biiiiiiiiiiig hug......