PDA

View Full Version : Another obama nom out

Yurt
02-03-2009, 03:28 PM
Obama performance chief Killefer out, citing taxes

WASHINGTON – Nancy Killefer withdrew her candidacy to be the first chief performance officer for the federal government on Tuesday, saying she didn't want her bungling of payroll taxes on her household help to become a distraction for the Obama administration.

Killefer was the second major nominee to withdraw. Within hours, former Sen. Tom Daschle also withdrew his nomination to be secretary of health and human services.

In a brief letter to President Barack Obama, Killefer, the 55-year-old executive with consulting giant McKinsey & Co., wrote that she had "come to realize in the current environment that my personal tax issue of D.C. unemployment tax could be used to create exactly the kind of distraction and delay" that must be avoided in responding to urgent economic problems.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090203/ap_on_go_pr_wh/obama_killefer;_ylt=AjZSn_j8IDgh.VDqbvuRulwEtbAF

makes you wonder why guenther did not withdraw....

Abbey Marie
02-03-2009, 03:58 PM
Yet another hand-picked tax evader? What the heck.

DannyR
02-03-2009, 04:04 PM
gotta agree, why are these people being nominated? And the reason:
saying she didn't want her bungling of payroll taxes on her household help to become a distraction for the Obama administration.Nanny-gate was soooooooo 1990's Clinton era.

Immanuel
02-03-2009, 06:43 PM
Nancy Killefer withdrew her candidacy to be the first chief performance officer for the federal government on Tuesday, saying she didn't want her bungling of payroll taxes on her household help to become a distraction for the Obama administration.

Okay, I have to say, that the fact is that most people don't know that they have to withhold taxes on household help and forward the taxes to the government or prepare 1099's to people for whom they pay more than $600/year. I wonder how many of you know that right now. Did you know that if you hire someone to maintain your yard and the person you hire is not incorporated that you are required by law to provide a 1099 to the person and a copy to the IRS?

If that is what Ms. Killefer failed to do, I would not hold that against her. There is a point of ridiculousness here. If she withheld the taxes and didn't send the taxes to the government that is one thing, but if she simply didn't know better, that is nothing to beat her for.

Immie

hjmick
02-03-2009, 08:19 PM
No wonder the Democrats don't mind raising taxes, they don't pay them.

Yurt
02-03-2009, 08:32 PM
No wonder the Democrats don't mind raising taxes, they don't pay them.

exactly...tell others they will raise taxes to spread the wealth, but forget to mention just not their wealth

moderate democrat
02-03-2009, 09:37 PM
exactly...tell others they will raise taxes to spread the wealth, but forget to mention just not their wealth I pay all my taxes and would gladly pay more if my government asked me to.

Yurt
02-03-2009, 10:12 PM
I pay all my taxes and would gladly pay more if my government asked me to.

you take any deductions? you write anything off?

moderate democrat
02-03-2009, 10:14 PM
you take any deductions? you write anything off?

all the ones that turbotax tells me are legal.

Learned Hand had a great quote about taxes....maybe you should study it, counselor.

Silver
02-03-2009, 10:20 PM

Don't let that stop you moron...send in a little extra, Obama won't mind and just think how good it will make you feel....the more you send in, the better you will feel....and its patriotic too...thats what the VP says....make a check out right now, moron, before you forget....:laugh2:

moderate democrat
02-03-2009, 10:23 PM
Don't let that stop you moron...send in a little extra, Obama won't mind and just think how good it will make you feel....the more you send in, the better you will feel....and its patriotic too...thats what the VP says....make a check out right now, moron, before you forget:

I refer you to Learned Hand as well.

Yurt
02-03-2009, 10:25 PM
all the ones that turbotax tells me are legal.

Learned Hand had a great quote about taxes....maybe you should study it, counselor.

interesting how you know so much about legal scholars...daddy a lawyer? or are you talking about your left hand, you know, the one you cheat with....

and you are not paying "all" your taxes, you are in fact paying less than you could by taking legal deductions...be patriotic, pay all you can pay

moderate democrat
02-03-2009, 10:27 PM
interesting how you know so much about legal scholars...daddy a lawyer? or are you talking about your left hand, you know, the one you cheat with....

and you are not paying "all" your taxes, you are in fact paying less than you could by taking legal deductions...be patriotic, pay all you can pay

"Anyone may arrange his affairs so that his taxes shall be as low as
possible; he is not bound to choose that pattern which best pays the
treasury. There is not even a patriotic duty to increase one's taxes.
Over and over again the Courts have said that there is nothing sinister
in so arranging affairs as to keep taxes as low as possible. Everyone
does it, rich and poor alike and all do right, for nobody owes any
public duty to pay more than the law demands."

Judge Learned Hand

didn't get that in night school I guess

and why are you so perversely obsessed with my personal life? You want to know what CHURCH I attend, you want to know what my father did for a living? are you gay?

Yurt
02-03-2009, 10:33 PM
"Anyone may arrange his affairs so that his taxes shall be as low as
possible; he is not bound to choose that pattern which best pays the
treasury. There is not even a patriotic duty to increase one's taxes.
Over and over again the Courts have said that there is nothing sinister
in so arranging affairs as to keep taxes as low as possible. Everyone
does it, rich and poor alike and all do right, for nobody owes any
public duty to pay more than the law demands."

Judge Learned Hand

didn't get that in night school I guess

and why are you so perversely obsessed with my personal life? You want to know what CHURCH I attend, you want to know what my father did for a living? are you gay?

not the exact church you attend....as i said before, the church, e.g., the denomination....you claimed you were a a christian, simple and logical to ask what church....and dude, you're the one who stalked my profile and posts to find out where i live and what i do for a living....closet homo

i wasn't talking about learned hand, i was talking about YOU, you want to raise the taxes on folks, so why don't YOU pay more

moderate democrat
02-03-2009, 10:36 PM
not the exact church you attend....as i said before, the church, e.g., the denomination....you claimed you were a a christian, simple and logical to ask what church....and dude, you're the one who stalked my profile and posts to find out where i live and what i do for a living....closet homo

i wasn't talking about learned hand, i was talking about YOU, you want to raise the taxes on folks, so why don't YOU pay more

what does my father's occupation have to do with anything, fag?

and I did not stalk your profile... I read it and found out that you were a liar.

As I said:

Yurt
02-03-2009, 10:40 PM
what does my father's occupation have to do with anything, fag?

and I did not stalk your profile... I read it and found out that you were a liar.

As I said:

the only thing that could prove i was kidding was my birthday....

where i live and what i do had and has absolutely nothing to do with me being in the ME or anything we discuss, YET you keep brining up...and you stalked my profile, after you got my birthday to find out where i live and what i do for a living...and yet i'm the fag...

funny

why wait for the government...you want others to pay more, why not practice what you preach

moderate democrat
02-03-2009, 10:42 PM
the only thing that could prove i was kidding was my birthday....

where i live and what i do had and has absolutely nothing to do with me being in the ME or anything we discuss, YET you keep brining up...and you stalked my profile, after you got my birthday to find out where i live and what i do for a living...and yet i'm the fag...

funny

why wait for the government...you want others to pay more, why not practice what you preach

if you were just kidding, why did you change your birthday and then call ME a liar for pointing it out? And what does my dad's occupation have to do with anything, fag boy?

I want everyone to pay whatever taxes their government tells them to pay... and not one penny more.

Yurt
02-03-2009, 10:45 PM
you are acting irrational

calm down and tone down the rhetoric

moderate democrat
02-03-2009, 10:47 PM
you are acting irrational

calm down and tone down the rhetoric
the word is "irrationally"... and no I am not.

Like I said, counselor...wanna play nice, then play nice.

Yurt
02-03-2009, 10:55 PM
the word is "irrationally"... and no I am not.

Like I said, counselor...wanna play nice, then play nice.

you are irrational

moderate democrat
02-03-2009, 10:58 PM
you are irrational

not at all....I am getting tired of you continually accusing me of being someone else...I am getting tired of you accusing me of being a closet homo... I am getting tired of you running away from simple questions... I may be getting annoyed with you, but there is nothing irrational about it.

Yurt
02-03-2009, 11:04 PM
not at all....I am getting tired of you continually accusing me of being someone else...I am getting tired of you accusing me of being a closet homo... I am getting tired of you running away from simple questions... I may be getting annoyed with you, but there is nothing irrational about it.

then stop talking exactly like your former self

i can make a thread in the cage that will quite easily prove your words are identical to mfm's....

you stop insulting exactly like you used to and no worries

moderate democrat
02-04-2009, 08:38 AM
then stop talking exactly like your former self

i can make a thread in the cage that will quite easily prove your words are identical to mfm's....

you stop insulting exactly like you used to and no worries

you can prove that I have a similar writing style. big deal. If I started writing like Raymond Chandler, would you then believe that he had come back from the dead and was posting here? In my looks back on here, it seems to me that this fellow mfm or retiredman or whatever his name is seems to use an inordinate amount of profanity. I don't. We may be "similar", but we are not identical... so you should drop that debte tactic and talk about issues instead of continually bringing up how I must be this other guy...

Also... you should lay off your silly little "rhetorical" games, counselor. No one gives a hoot how "great" you are at cross examination... let's talk about issues and quit splitting hairs.

Yurt
02-04-2009, 10:47 AM
i thought you would back down from the challenge....now stop your old exact insults and tone down the rhetoric

i don't insult your profession, so don't insult mine, got it, good.

moderate democrat
02-04-2009, 11:11 AM
i thought you would back down from the challenge....now stop your old exact insults and tone down the rhetoric

i don't insult your profession, so don't insult mine, got it, good.

you don't know my profession. you call me a closet homo.... what do you expect in return? I am perfectly willing to stay on topic. you seem incapable of keeping the inferences about former poster style out of the discussion. Will you ever make good on that promise?

Yurt
02-04-2009, 11:23 AM
you don't know my profession. you call me a closet homo.... what do you expect in return? I am perfectly willing to stay on topic. you seem incapable of keeping the inferences about former poster style out of the discussion. Will you ever make good on that promise?

dude, you're really pathetic, i told you that YOU breached your agreement and thus ended any obligation i had, but you know and you are purposefully starting crap again, per your MO...

i knew you would back down from the challenge on comparing posts as it you know exactly what it would show...

the ball is in YOUR court, you either tone down the rhetoric, stop posting your prior bs or risk losing any, if any, respect you have on this forum.

your choice, stop the insults and debate rationally....or i will most likely simply put you on ignore as you are a waste of time and our little battles are getting very old to people who have witnessed the SAME EXACT bullshit in the past. you have a new ID, act like it.