PDA

View Full Version : Do you believe in visions?

02-03-2009, 07:53 PM
Do you believe that people can have visions like they did in the Bible?

Do you believe in divine revelation?

Im curious.

5stringJeff
02-03-2009, 08:09 PM

Im curious.

Can people have visions, or divine revelation? Certainly.

Do they now? I suppose that depends on your definition. I know that I have experienced the voice of God at least once, speaking in a very particular sense. But, because God does not change, I believe that any revelation or vision one would have would have to be consistent with previous revelation. So anyone claiming to have a revelation from God that violated Scripture would not, in my opinion, be authentic.

PostmodernProphet
02-03-2009, 08:13 PM
Do you believe in visions?

mine or yours......

02-03-2009, 08:24 PM
mine or yours......

Considering mine havent happened yet... what does it matter whose?

Do you believe visions happen?

April15
02-03-2009, 09:16 PM
I believe the Chinese were used by the Japanese for such experiments in starvation induced hallucenations. This would be the WWII era.

Noir
02-03-2009, 09:29 PM
Nope.

Never have, nor will I.

PostmodernProphet
02-03-2009, 09:30 PM
I know a man whose daughter was dying of cancer.....they tried everything that they could to save her.....they were in a hospital down in Texas the night she died.....he had prayed, "Lord, if you have to take her, at least let me know she's with you"....earlier that day his daughter had asked him to read her favorite passage....about choirs of angels greeting those who come to heaven......at the moment she died he heard choirs of angels singing....did he have a vision?.......is your decision altered by the fact that the night nurse asked him for the name of the CD he had been playing, because she had never heard anything so beautiful and she wanted to buy a copy......he hadn't been playing a CD that night......

DannyR
02-03-2009, 09:40 PM
People have visions all the time. The mind interprets things in its own way. So yes, I believe in visions. I don't believe supernatural beings are whispering and causing them however, nor do I think such visions are glimpses of the future or the like or anything mystical at all.

Noir
02-03-2009, 09:42 PM
I know a man whose daughter was dying of cancer.....they tried everything that they could to save her.....they were in a hospital down in Texas the night she died.....he had prayed, "Lord, if you have to take her, at least let me know she's with you"....earlier that day his daughter had asked him to read her favorite passage....about choirs of angels greeting those who come to heaven......at the moment she died he heard choirs of angels singing....did he have a vision?.......is your decision altered by the fact that the night nurse asked him for the name of the CD he had been playing, because she had never heard anything so beautiful and she wanted to buy a copy......he hadn't been playing a CD that night......

See stuff like this makes no sense at all, why would god have to prove himself? I thought it was wrong to put your lord god to the test? It just seems daft that a God who has been extremly inactive would suddenly try and consol this man, but then again, whatdoiknow?

PostmodernProphet
02-03-2009, 09:44 PM
See stuff like this makes no sense at all, why would god have to prove himself? I thought it was wrong to put your lord god to the test? It just seems daft that a God who has been extremly inactive would suddenly try and consol this man, but then again, whatdoiknow?

sense or not, I know for a fact it happened.....

manu1959
02-03-2009, 09:50 PM

very cool......

Noir
02-03-2009, 09:55 PM
sense or not, I know for a fact it happened.....

Righto, and I'm sure if you went onto some Islamic site you would see a simalar story from a Muslim, except he would pray to Allah for a sign of his daughters well being, and he would get some sign, and someone else who is independent yet connected to the event would also hear/see/feel the sign. And they would be able to tell you it happened for a fact...and there lies the problem, as you and the Muslim man have both proven for a fact that their/your god is the only god.

Abbey Marie
02-03-2009, 10:48 PM
I have never had a vision, but I have felt the absolute presence of God, and I have heard his voice. So, I imagine a vision is possible.

Yurt
02-03-2009, 11:11 PM
I have never had a vision, but I have felt the absolute presence of God, and I have heard his voice. So, I imagine a vision is possible.

i've never had a vision either, but when i was kid i heard a voice calling me from where my brother and i played and went up to the house, a little bit away...when i go there, i asked mom who called us and that it sounded like dad, but not quite. she said no one called us, a minute later someone walked into our property, 3+ acres, and this person did not look friendly. we locked the doors, and called my dad as he was in town.

maybe nothing, but my mom was freaked out about this guy and was so thankful we came up to house when we did. had a few other similar type instances in danger where i swore somebody called my name...one time a car missed hitting me because i thought someone called my name and i moved

i have also felt his presence, when i try to replicate it, i can't...

Psychoblues
02-04-2009, 05:12 AM
I have had a number of visions. Some have been profittable and some hav'nt. Wut's the problem with visions?!?!?!??!?!?!??!??!??!

Could I offer you a whiskey with a splash of holy water?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!??! Maybe some wine to help out the cheap whine that you already have?!?!??!?!?!?!?!??!?!

:beer::cheers2::beer:

Psychoblues

02-04-2009, 07:47 AM

God doesnt have to prove Himself. And He's very active in the world. People are just so used to it they dont see it as miraculous.

PostmodernProphet
02-04-2009, 07:57 AM
Righto, and I'm sure if you went onto some Islamic site you would see a simalar story from a Muslim, except he would pray to Allah for a sign of his daughters well being, and he would get some sign, and someone else who is independent yet connected to the event would also hear/see/feel the sign. And they would be able to tell you it happened for a fact...and there lies the problem, as you and the Muslim man have both proven for a fact that their/your god is the only god.

/shrugs....given the fact that the Muslims and I both worship YHWH the God of Abraham I expect that doesn't bother me.....I just figure the Muslims are worshiping him the wrong way.......

the point is...experience is personal.....I can believe in my experiences, whether they are visions or something else.....I can accept the narrative of experiences of others if I find them credible or I can reject those narratives if I don't......

Noir
02-04-2009, 08:11 AM
God doesnt have to prove Himself. And He's very active in the world. People are just so used to it they dont see it as miraculous.

Indeed he doesn't have to, and Christ says you shouldn't ask him.

And there lies a mini paradox, if something amazing happens it's the work of God, if something g horrid happens then he moves in weird ways, meaning no event can ever be used to discredit the idea of a God, but good events are used to prove his work.

Noir
02-04-2009, 08:22 AM
/shrugs....given the fact that the Muslims and I both worship YHWH the God of Abraham I expect that doesn't bother me.....I just figure the Muslims are worshiping him the wrong way.......

the point is...experience is personal.....I can believe in my experiences, whether they are visions or something else.....I can accept the narrative of experiences of others if I find them credible or I can reject those narratives if I don't......

Indeed maybe I used a bad example as the God is the same, but I'm sure simalar stories are told about every religion, to many different gods, each of which has followers who have 'proof' that their God is the only God.

PostmodernProphet
02-04-2009, 08:27 AM
Indeed maybe I used a bad example as the God is the same, but I'm sure simalar stories are told about every religion, to many different gods, each of which has followers who have 'proof' that their God is the only God.

so I remember grampa used to tell me stories about this god thing.....I don't remember everything he said but it was a cool story.....let me see if I remember it.......

a few generations later.....

so I remember grampa used to tell me stories about this god thing.....I don't remember everything he said but it was a cool story.....let me see if I remember it.......

Noir
02-04-2009, 08:38 AM

This does nothing to respond to my point that right now now there are folk from completly different religions, worshiping different Gods, who all have personal experiences of their God existing.

Nukeman
02-04-2009, 08:56 AM
This does nothing to respond to my point that right now now there are folk from completly different religions, worshiping different Gods, who all have personal experiences of their God existing.
Actually unless I am mistaken the point he was making is that waaaayyyyy back with ONE religion the telling became different from different points of view. they are all talking of the SAME God they just tell it in different ways....

Correct me if I'm wrong PMP.....

Noir
02-04-2009, 09:04 AM
Actually unless I am mistaken the point he was making is that waaaayyyyy back with ONE religion the telling became different from different points of view. they are all talking of the SAME God they just tell it in different ways....

Correct me if I'm wrong PMP.....

Ah! I see, assuming this is the case though little has changed. I mean why would God spear to those who were not worshiping him the right way? As this would surly only reenforce their belief that their way of worshiping is the right way.

Nukeman
02-04-2009, 09:08 AM
Ah! I see, assuming this is the case though little has changed. I mean why would God spear to those who were not worshiping him the right way? As this would surly only reenforce their belief that their way of worshiping is the right way.
who's to say what is ULTIMATELY right!!!!!! maybe just the fact of belief is enough for God. (everything else is just smoke and mirrors) If that is the case YOUR screwed dontcha think:poke:

Noir
02-04-2009, 09:12 AM
who's to say what is ULTIMATELY right!!!!!! maybe just the fact of belief is enough for God. (everything else is just smoke and mirrors) If that is the case YOUR screwed dontcha think:poke:

So you're saying the belief in any God is enough for passage into heaven?

PostmodernProphet
02-04-2009, 09:31 AM

first of all, Nuke understands me....second, do you know anyone lately who has mentioned that Zeus or Ra has appeared to them in a vision?.....third, there is no reason to conclude that every person who says they received a vision has actually received a vision......

however, that is no reason to conclude that no one has received a vision....

PostmodernProphet
02-04-2009, 09:34 AM
So you're saying the belief in any God is enough for passage into heaven?

so let's sort through the various religions a minute.....how many of them teach that their God has dictated a WAY to attain passage into heaven, or "heaven" depending on how that religion describes the supra-natural end of existence.....the fact that an ancient man remembered the fact that there was a deity doesn't mean he has correctly remembered what that deity wanted him to do.....

Psychoblues
02-04-2009, 09:35 AM
I have received lots of visions. Some accept them and some tend to counter them.

first of all, Nuke understands me....second, do you know anyone lately who has mentioned that Zeus or Ra has appeared to them in a vision?.....third, there is no reason to conclude that every person who says they received a vision has actually received a vision......

however, that is no reason to conclude that no one has received a vision....

What's your bitch, pimp?!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?

Psychoblues

Nukeman
02-04-2009, 09:35 AM
So you're saying the belief in any God is enough for passage into heaven?Not really. I am saying that belief in a BENEVOLENT God, a one true God, regardless of the name you have for him/her/it makes no difference.....

PostmodernProphet
02-04-2009, 09:42 AM
What's your bitch, pimp?!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?

the question is WHO'S my bitch.....and the answer is you.....and your visions are etched on the fumes of alcohol so they don't count......

Noir
02-04-2009, 09:46 AM
Until last night i didn't know of anyone personalay who had claimed to have had a vision from a god, so no, I know of none from Zues or Ra.

I know there is no reason to conclude that all are real, becuase that would be impossible unless you follow Nukemans logic.

Psychoblues
02-04-2009, 10:43 AM
Don't allow alcohol to be your excuse, pimp. If you don't like it then you need to say so when you are sober as well.

the question is WHO'S my bitch.....and the answer is you.....and your visions are etched on the fumes of alcohol so they don't count......

Dig it?!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!?

Psychoblues

PostmodernProphet
02-04-2009, 11:07 AM
Don't allow alcohol to be your excuse, pimp. If you don't like it then you need to say so when you are sober as well.

I thought I was doing you a favor....if I don't blame it on alcohol I have to believe you're stupid even when sober........

Psychoblues
02-04-2009, 11:30 AM
Are you really that stupid sober, pimp?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!?

I thought I was doing you a favor....if I don't blame it on alcohol I have to believe you're stupid even when sober........

Fess up, cowgirl. You don't have a damned clue as to what this conversation is all about, do you?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Psychoblues

crin63
02-04-2009, 12:42 PM
I don't personally think God gives men visions whether in dreams or awake like he did in times past. Once The Bible was completed, God communicated all that was necessary and all that He intended for us to know. If God wanted us to know something more it would be in The Bible.

I believe men today have visions from alcohol, drugs and demonic influence but not from God.

DannyR
02-04-2009, 01:44 PM
Once The Bible was completed, God communicated all that was necessary and all that He intended for us to know. Is the Bible completed?

Just curious, but I'm guessing you believe in Revelation and 2nd coming of Christ. Presumably that would be worthy of inclusion in the Bible as well, a Newer Testament if you will?

Unless of course the Mormon's are right and their book already fills that role. ;)

PostmodernProphet
02-04-2009, 01:56 PM
Fess up, cowgirl. You don't have a damned clue as to what this conversation is all about, do you?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

???....the one in the thread or the one we're having?......

crin63
02-04-2009, 02:46 PM
Is the Bible completed?

Just curious, but I'm guessing you believe in Revelation and 2nd coming of Christ. Presumably that would be worthy of inclusion in the Bible as well, a Newer Testament if you will?

Unless of course the Mormon's are right and their book already fills that role. ;)

Yes, I believe The Bible is complete. Their are yet Biblical prophesy's to be fulfilled but that is not a newer testament.

DannyR
02-04-2009, 04:18 PM
Their are yet Biblical prophesy's to be fulfilled but that is not a newer testament.But that is what I was asking. If those prophesies eventually get fulfilled and later day disciples suffering through the end times write their own accounts, you would refuse to accept the legitimacy of their stories?

Yurt
02-04-2009, 04:42 PM
But that is what I was asking. If those prophesies eventually get fulfilled and later day disciples suffering through the end times write their own accounts, you would refuse to accept the legitimacy of their stories?

key phrase

DannyR
02-04-2009, 04:43 PM
key phraseI'm no expert on the end times, but I thought some religions stated they lasted about a 1000 years or so (after a turbulent Rapture/tribulations and the like that last a few years). If pretty much all the New Testament is about a dude who preached only 3 years or so, I'd think the events of this time would be quite long enough to generate a book or two.

April15
02-04-2009, 04:47 PM
The Japanese found that lack of food would induce visions, hallucenations, in a very short time. That being 20 plus days average.
The human mind can induce many visions on it's own with just simple suggestions and the persons vulnarability to such thought.

Abbey Marie
02-04-2009, 05:20 PM
The Japanese found that lack of food would induce visions, hallucenations, in a very short time. That being 20 plus days average.
The human mind can induce many visions on it's own with just simple suggestions and the persons vulnarability to such thought.

For that matter, there are visions produced by peyote/LSD, etc. But absent any of these special circumstances, are you saying there is no possibility of visions?

DannyR
02-04-2009, 05:38 PM
For that matter, there are visions produced by peyote/LSD, etc. But absent any of these special circumstances, are you saying there is no possibility of visions?Anyone who watches a modern medical drama :laugh2: knows there are umpteen hundred causes of hallucinations, both visual and audible.

I tend to believe most visions have very real, scientific causes, and the interpretation of them can take pretty much any form the person experiencing it desires.

House vs God was one of my favorite episodes btw.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/House_vs._God

Yurt
02-04-2009, 05:52 PM
Anyone who watches a modern medical drama :laugh2: knows there are umpteen hundred causes of hallucinations, both visual and audible.

I tend to believe most visions have very real, scientific causes, and the interpretation of them can take pretty much any form the person experiencing it desires.

House vs God was one of my favorite episodes btw.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/House_vs._God

yet you have no proof that no visions come from god...

crin63
02-04-2009, 06:13 PM
But that is what I was asking. If those prophesies eventually get fulfilled and later day disciples suffering through the end times write their own accounts, you would refuse to accept the legitimacy of their stories?

I would look at them as possible personal experiences through the light of existing scripture. If they do not hold to the existing scripture I would refute them. If they did hold to the existing scripture then its just more proof to validate scripture but not a new, new testament. The Bible is complete and finished.

Yurt
02-04-2009, 06:32 PM
I'm no expert on the end times, but I thought some religions stated they lasted about a 1000 years or so (after a turbulent Rapture/tribulations and the like that last a few years). If pretty much all the New Testament is about a dude who preached only 3 years or so, I'd think the events of this time would be quite long enough to generate a book or two.

oh, i did not realize you understand it that way. to my knowledge, that is not exactly what will happen. if you read the end of revelation, imo, it seems clear that revelation is the last book to be written in the bible, for the next thing that happens will be jesus coming. the OT was leading up to, the NT fulfilled it. the next thing we will be reading, if you will, will be stuff in heaven.

this is not to say that jesus will not speak to us, only that the bible, imo, will not be added onto.

DannyR
02-04-2009, 06:43 PM
oh, i did not realize you understand it that way.I'm not certain it would be fair to say I understood it at all. There are probably 4 or so major interpretations of which events happen when, with some religions believing it already occurred and Revelation was a portrayal of current events back in Biblical times.

Even when I was a Bible thumping believer the whole Revelation thing was pretty much a mystery I didn't really worry about.

All I do know is that not every religion interprets the end times in the same way. When the "Left Behind" series came out, there was a lot of discussion about how the authors mucked things up, and other people thought they got it just right.

But one of the interpretations does mention something like a 1000 year rule of Jesus here on Earth after most of the events of the Tribulation. *shrug*

Personally I don't believe its prophecy at all. You can have your laugh at me if I'm wrong when I'm burning in hell. :laugh2:

02-04-2009, 07:37 PM
Indeed he doesn't have to, and Christ says you shouldn't ask him.

And there lies a mini paradox, if something amazing happens it's the work of God, if something g horrid happens then he moves in weird ways, meaning no event can ever be used to discredit the idea of a God, but good events are used to prove his work.

And what exactly do you think is so horrid about the world that God hasnt already healed?

02-04-2009, 07:38 PM

There are different levels of proof which can be evaluated.

02-04-2009, 07:39 PM

God says what's ultimately right. Few people bother asking Him though.

02-04-2009, 07:41 PM
I don't personally think God gives men visions whether in dreams or awake like he did in times past. Once The Bible was completed, God communicated all that was necessary and all that He intended for us to know. If God wanted us to know something more it would be in The Bible.

I believe men today have visions from alcohol, drugs and demonic influence but not from God.

That seems pretty important to me. Dont you think God would have mentioned it in the Bible?

02-04-2009, 07:46 PM
oh, i did not realize you understand it that way. to my knowledge, that is not exactly what will happen. if you read the end of revelation, imo, it seems clear that revelation is the last book to be written in the bible, for the next thing that happens will be jesus coming. the OT was leading up to, the NT fulfilled it. the next thing we will be reading, if you will, will be stuff in heaven.

this is not to say that jesus will not speak to us, only that the bible, imo, will not be added onto.

Problem with that is Revelation wasnt the last book written. In fact, John wrote his Epistles and Gospel afterwards. So if we accept what Revelation says to mean that the Bible is at an end, then we must conclude that the Apostle John has condemned himself to hell for adding to the Bible. I just can't accept that interpretation.

Yurt
02-04-2009, 08:02 PM
Problem with that is Revelation wasnt the last book written. In fact, John wrote his Epistles and Gospel afterwards. So if we accept what Revelation says to mean that the Bible is at an end, then we must conclude that the Apostle John has condemned himself to hell for adding to the Bible. I just can't accept that interpretation.

did not know that, thanks

DannyR
02-04-2009, 08:48 PM
did not know that, thanksI'd strongly recommend you do your own research before accepting that statement blindly. Belief that the gospels and epistles were written after Revelation is a kludge used to explain problems in timing and obvious textual changes made at later points.

Many other critics just accept the fact that the books had different authors, and the "John" of Revelation is not the same John of the Gospel or Epistles. I think this likely myself.

02-04-2009, 09:08 PM
did not know that, thanks

Ive done alot of research in it. Although to be honest there is some despute over whether all the Epistles or just some of them were written after.

The thing is alot of people have an incorrect perception of the Bible. They act like its just one big book. It's not. Its alot of little books written by lots of different people. The books arent in chronological order. They werent originally intended to be one big book.

The development of the Bible was logical. The Church wanted to collect the books they believed were authentic into one volume. An easy resource. Yet few people even realize that the Bible we have today wasnt even agreed upon until after the Reformation. In fact, Catholics and Protestants still have some disagreements on what books should be in there.

There was no divine mandate showing which books would be included and which werent. No ministering angel showed them what books to include. God Himself didnt appear and tell men which books to leave out. Councils of men got together and did the best they could to determine what was authentic and what was not as authentic.

This idea that the Bible is complete, infalliable, all there will ever be, is a Protestant development. And honestly, I can see why this idea evolved. But I dont see how looking at the Bible as it really is hurts the message. The witnesses are still true. Christ still rose from the grave.

Sometimes i think people forget we are supposed to have faith in a perfect Christ. Not a perfect book.

Yurt
02-04-2009, 09:46 PM
I'd strongly recommend you do your own research before accepting that statement blindly. Belief that the gospels and epistles were written after Revelation is a kludge used to explain problems in timing and obvious textual changes made at later points.

Many other critics just accept the fact that the books had different authors, and the "John" of Revelation is not the same John of the Gospel or Epistles. I think this likely myself.

i strongly suggest you have no idea whether or not i accepted it blindly. i happen to trust avatar and his knowledge. because i type a response on a message board does not mean i do not do my own research.

you need to get over yourself.

5stringJeff
02-04-2009, 09:47 PM

Well, first off, everything I've read say that John wrote his gospel and epistles before Revelation. Second, the warning at the end of Revelation applies only to that particular book, not to the whole Bible.

Nonetheless, the Canon has been closed, as the apostles and eyewitnesses to Christ's life, death, and resurrection have passed away. God has revealed what He wanted to reveal until His appearance.

5stringJeff
02-04-2009, 09:50 PM
Yet few people even realize that the Bible we have today wasnt even agreed upon until after the Reformation. In fact, Catholics and Protestants still have some disagreements on what books should be in there.

Catholics and Protestants only disagree on the inclusion of the Apochrypha. The New Testament canon has been fixed since the early 300s.

There was no divine mandate showing which books would be included and which werent. No ministering angel showed them what books to include. God Himself didnt appear and tell men which books to leave out. Councils of men got together and did the best they could to determine what was authentic and what was not as authentic.

I think the Councils were guided as to which boks to include both by the history of the books in question and by the Holy Spirit. I find it difficult to believe that God would leave the formation of the NT Canon to chance.

DannyR
02-04-2009, 10:03 PM
because i type a response on a message board does not mean i do not do my own research.

you need to get over yourself.That time of the month or something? Why do you have to take everything I say as an attack? I was trying to be helpfull. There is a LOT of debate on the order of the Bible and when each book was written. You said you didn't know what he'd said. To me that means you hadn't yet researched it. And to be clear, I said do your own research before accepting it blindly, not that you did. But fine, just attack attack attack.

April15
02-04-2009, 10:05 PM
For that matter, there are visions produced by peyote/LSD, etc. But absent any of these special circumstances, are you saying there is no possibility of visions?You got it!

Mr. P
02-04-2009, 10:14 PM
Gotta woman right here in Conyers, Georgia that sees the virgin Mary, talks to her too. Well, she used to anyway...I guess after she made a shit load of money from the bus loads of folks that would arrive from all over the country once a month she decided to retire...Visualize that.

Now, the site says "Jesus" told her... that was never the "hook" in the day, it was always about Mary..

http://www.ourlovingmother.org/

DannyR
02-04-2009, 10:28 PM
Gotta woman right here in Conyers, Georgia that sees the virgin Mary, talks to her too. Well, she used to anyway...

This site is still trying to pull in money to build her church:

http://www.conyers.org/1/

Yurt
02-04-2009, 10:32 PM
That time of the month or something? Why do you have to take everything I say as an attack? I was trying to be helpfull. There is a LOT of debate on the order of the Bible and when each book was written. You said you didn't know what he'd said. To me that means you hadn't yet researched it. And to be clear, I said do your own research before accepting it blindly, not that you did. But fine, just attack attack attack.

uh....where did i say you attacked me....

perhaps you should take your own medicine

Mr. P
02-04-2009, 10:38 PM
This site is still trying to pull in money to build her church:

http://www.conyers.org/1/

Some retirement, Huh? She was moving to Fla. changed her mind and stayed here, as far as I know to this day.

DannyR
02-04-2009, 11:04 PM
uh....where did i say you attacked me....Why would you say I needed to get over myself if you didn't take what I said as some sort of insult? Or do you normally say that to people who offer helpful advice?

DannyR
02-04-2009, 11:06 PM
Some retirement, Huh? She was moving to Fla. changed her mind and stayed here, as far as I know to this day.Could be its not her, but someone else using her idea of a church to cash in.

At least her bit of craziness is better than the religious kooks who used to live down near Eatonton and build their own mini-Egypt. *lol*

Yurt
02-04-2009, 11:16 PM
Why would you say I needed to get over myself if you didn't take what I said as some sort of insult? Or do you normally say that to people who offer helpful advice?

you need to get over yourself

Mr. P
02-04-2009, 11:35 PM
Could be its not her, but someone else using her idea of a church to cash in.

At least her bit of craziness is better than the religious kooks who used to live down near Eatonton and build their own mini-Egypt. *lol*

Are they gone? They were there in 1998..I flew across their "compound" may times..I remember the head guy being arrested..lost track after that.

DannyR
02-04-2009, 11:37 PM
you need to get over yourselfoh snap!

DannyR
02-04-2009, 11:38 PM
Are they gone? They were there in 1998..I flew across their "compound" may times..I remember the head guy being arrested..lost track after that.

Yup, they razed everything after they seized the property. There are a couple of private homes nearby that still have mini obelisks in the yard, but nothing nearly as scary as what was there before.

Mr. P
02-04-2009, 11:47 PM
Yup, they razed everything after they seized the property. There are a couple of private homes nearby that still have mini obelisks in the yard, but nothing nearly as scary as what was there before.

Good..we don't need a Jim Jones thing happening in Ga.

DragonStryk72
02-05-2009, 12:19 AM
I do believe in it, but having a vision isn't really as important as being as to interperet it properly.

02-05-2009, 02:02 PM
Good..we don't need a Jim Jones thing happening in Ga.

As long as there are no socialists involved you dont have to worry about a Jim Jones kool-aid-athon

DannyR
02-05-2009, 03:21 PM
As long as there are no socialists involved you dont have to worry about a Jim Jones kool-aid-athonPretty sure the Nuwabians were pretty socialist. He funded the whole thing by making his followers pretty much give him all their assets, then moving into the compound.

FYI, for those who never saw it, this is a bit of what they built on the site:

http://www.masonicinfo.com/images/leazer_3r.jpg

More pics from above here: http://www.phreakmonkey.com/aviation/nuwaubian-dem/

It was a pretty scary place to drive by. They had this ornate Egyptian style arch at the gate, and several heavily armed guards watching every car that went past.

eighballsidepocket
02-11-2009, 02:01 PM

Im curious.

They are most rare and in-between since Pentacost, nearly 2,000 years ago.

Divine Revelation? It's has been carefully protected and handed down to 21st century man by a very omnipotent Creator. The Holy bible.

We who have access to the bible are without excuse, and do not need revelation outside of the bible, nor visions, nor latter day prophecies.

Christ completed the story on the cross. "It is finished!" Translated for some: "Man, the ball is in your court. What will you do with it?".
:salute: