PDA

View Full Version : Daschle: "I screwed up," Obama declared

Yurt
02-03-2009, 10:18 PM
WASHINGTON – Barack Obama on Tuesday abruptly abandoned his nomination fight for Tom Daschle and a second major appointee who failed to pay all their taxes, fearing a lingering ethics dispute would undercut his claims to moral high ground and cripple his presidency in just its second week. "I screwed up," Obama declared.

"It's important for this administration to send a message that there aren't two sets of rules — you know, one for prominent people and one for ordinary folks who have to pay their taxes," Obama said near the end of a day of jarring developments, little more than 24 hours after he had said he was "absolutely" committed to Daschle's confirmation.

"I'm frustrated with myself, with our team. ... I'm here on television saying I screwed up," Obama said on NBC's "Nightly News with Brian Williams." He repeated virtually the same words in interviews with other TV anchors.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090204/ap_on_go_pr_wh/obama_failed_nominees

translation: i screwed only because daschle withdrew....

IMO, geithner is as much if not more culpable than daschle, but you don't hear obama talking about the his pick to head the IRS

manu1959
02-03-2009, 10:19 PM
no shit but the other dude that did the same thing got in.......

moderate democrat
02-03-2009, 10:22 PM
I think this shows that Obama is willing to assume the responsibility that goes with the office.

as opposed to: "you're doing a heck of a job, Brownie"

Yurt
02-03-2009, 10:27 PM
no shit but the other dude that did the same thing got in.......

exactly...obama is only coming "clean" because his campaign (read cnn, msnbc..) is now coming down on him and questioning his so-called ethics.

Silver
02-03-2009, 10:28 PM
Rangel--- Tom Daschle---Timothy F. Geithner---- Nancy Killefer ----Thats 4 tax evaders exposed and hes only been President 2 weeks....at this rate Obama can clean up the corruption in the Dem. Party in his first term....
and then Sen. Dodd (D) with his sweetheart mortgage deals....

Yurt
02-03-2009, 10:28 PM
I think this shows that Obama is willing to assume the responsibility that goes with the office.

as opposed to: "you're doing a heck of a job, Brownie"

you obviously forgot bush taking full responsibility for the federal part of the screw up in katrina....

cause i know you aren't being dishonest

moderate democrat
02-03-2009, 10:29 PM
you obviously forgot bush taking full responsibility for the federal part of the screw up in katrina....

cause i know you aren't being dishonest

and you are obviously purposely ignoring the fact that Obama is taking full responsibility for the Daschle nomination.

hypocrite.

manu1959
02-03-2009, 10:31 PM
and you are obviously purposely ignoring the fact that Obama is taking full responsibility for the Daschle nomination.

hypocrite.

how about the dude that got in that did the same thing....or bill richardson...or the lady that just bailed.......seems he is making quite a few errors in judging people......hey wait a second we knew this was comming given the errors of his past choices......

Silver
02-03-2009, 10:32 PM
Over 1000 people saved from rooftops after the storm....they did a fine job...

Don't confuse the news with the facts

Yurt
02-03-2009, 10:36 PM

hypocrite.

that is simply not true

tone down the rhetoric, got it, good.

Silver
02-03-2009, 10:36 PM
how about the dude that got in that did the same thing....or bill richardson...or the lady that just bailed.......seems he is making quite a few errors in judging people......hey wait a second we knew this was comming given the errors of his past choices......

He picks his administration like he picks his friends...Bill Ayers (domestic terrorist)....Rev. Wright (racist, hate spewing paster), etc....

moderate democrat
02-03-2009, 10:37 PM
that is simply not true

tone down the rhetoric, got it, good.

physician, heal thyself.

got it? good.

Yurt
02-03-2009, 10:48 PM
He picks his administration like he picks his friends...Bill Ayers (domestic terrorist)....Rev. Wright (racist, hate spewing paster), etc....

thats a good point, i guess we really shouldn't be surprised

Abbey Marie
02-03-2009, 10:50 PM

Perhaps we are seeing the first results of his almost complete lack of experience.

Yurt
02-03-2009, 10:50 PM
physician, heal thyself.

got it? good.

lovely, another identical phrase

Silver
02-03-2009, 10:51 PM
4 tax evaders exposed and hes only been President 2 weeks..

I gotta say hes doing a great job so far.....

Yurt
02-03-2009, 10:51 PM
Perhaps we are seeing the first results of his almost complete lack of experience.

not only that, but it truly shows his lack of character and ability to have good judgment...he ran a campaign on his judgment and so far all we have seen is zero

moderate democrat
02-03-2009, 10:59 PM
not only that, but it truly shows his lack of character and ability to have good judgment...he ran a campaign on his judgment and so far all we have seen is zero

then I suggest you not vote for him in 2012. Vote for the hooker instead.:lol:

Yurt
02-03-2009, 11:06 PM

thats real classy, calling a married woman a hooker

you're really pathetic

bullypulpit
02-04-2009, 04:53 AM
WASHINGTON – Barack Obama on Tuesday abruptly abandoned his nomination fight for Tom Daschle and a second major appointee who failed to pay all their taxes, fearing a lingering ethics dispute would undercut his claims to moral high ground and cripple his presidency in just its second week. "I screwed up," Obama declared.

"It's important for this administration to send a message that there aren't two sets of rules — you know, one for prominent people and one for ordinary folks who have to pay their taxes," Obama said near the end of a day of jarring developments, little more than 24 hours after he had said he was "absolutely" committed to Daschle's confirmation.

"I'm frustrated with myself, with our team. ... I'm here on television saying I screwed up," Obama said on NBC's "Nightly News with Brian Williams." He repeated virtually the same words in interviews with other TV anchors.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090204/ap_on_go_pr_wh/obama_failed_nominees

translation: i screwed only because daschle withdrew....

IMO, geithner is as much if not more culpable than daschle, but you don't hear obama talking about the his pick to head the IRS

Hey, at least he manned up and owned it, which is more than George W. Bush ever has done...or ever will do...with regards to his horrendous failures. Failures against which which Tom Daschle's tax problems are but a mote in God's eye.

Psychoblues
02-04-2009, 05:01 AM
Aren't some hookers married as well?!?!?!?!?!????!?!??!

Some of you juveniles are beginning to confuse me?!?!??!?!??!?!??!?!?!?!?

Tom and President Barack Hussein (BamBam) Obama did the correct things!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anyone up for a toast?!?!?!??!?!?!?!??!?!??!

:beer::cheers2::beer:

Psychoblues

Kathianne
02-04-2009, 05:40 AM
If any of us made 'mistakes' on our taxes that were caught on an audit, we'd be paying the taxes, interest, and substantial penalties. For both Geithner and Daschel the penalties were waived. How is that NOT a dual tax system?

Psychoblues
02-04-2009, 06:04 AM
My understanding is that both paid the penalties, interest and back taxes, Kat. Do you have a link to back up your assertions?!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!??!

If any of us made 'mistakes' on our taxes that were caught on an audit, we'd be paying the taxes, interest, and substantial penalties. For both Geithner and Daschel the penalties were waived. How is that NOT a dual tax system?

I was forgiven an innocent oversight many years ago and the penalties and interest were waived so your continued assertion that "any of us" is also faulty on it's premise.

Cosmos?!?!?!?!?!??!??!!?!??! At this hour I suspect you prefer java!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Psychoblues

Kathianne
02-04-2009, 06:19 AM
My understanding is that both paid the penalties, interest and back taxes, Kat. Do you have a link to back up your assertions?!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!??!

I was forgiven an innocent oversight many years ago and the penalties and interest were waived so your continued assertion that "any of us" is also faulty on it's premise.

Cosmos?!?!?!?!?!??!??!!?!??! At this hour I suspect you prefer java!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Psychoblues

Repeated errors?

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB123187503629378119.html

...In 2006, the IRS audited Mr. Geithner's 2003 and 2004 taxes and concluded he owed taxes and interest totaling $17,230, according to documents released by the Senate Finance Committee. The IRS waived the related penalties.

During the vetting of Mr. Geithner late last year, the Obama transition team discovered the nominee had failed to pay the same taxes for 2001 and 2002. "Upon learning of this error on Nov. 21, 2008, Mr. Geithner immediately submitted payment for tax that would have been due in those years, plus interest," a transition aide said. The sum totaled $25,970.

The Obama team said Mr. Geithner's taxes have been paid in full, and that he didn't intend to avoid payment, but made a mistake common for employees of international institutions. That characterization was contested by Senate Finance Republicans, who produced IMF documents showing that employees are repeatedly told they are responsible for paying their payroll taxes.

As to why Mr. Geithner didn't pay all his back taxes after the 2006 audit, an Obama aide said the nominee was advised by his accountant he had no further liability. Senate Finance aides said they were concerned either Mr. Geithner or his accountant used the IRS's statute of limitations to avoid further back-tax payments at the time of the audit.

Other tax issues also surfaced during the vetting, including the fact Mr. Geithner used his child's time at overnight camps in 2001, 2004 and 2005 to calculate dependent-care tax deductions. Sleepaway camps don't qualify....

http://roomfordebate.blogs.nytimes.com/2009/02/02/a-tax-dodge-or-an-honest-mistake/

...In a nutshell, the dilemma is that not letting Mr. Geithner and Mr. Daschle serve in the cabinet — even if it is not too harsh a consequence — affects public policy-making rather than just sanctioning them. But simply letting them go on without penalty seems too mild.

Might the solution be for them to agree voluntarily to pay the Treasury amounts equivalent to the tax penalties that they could very easily have faced?

Internal Revenue Code section 6662 requires taxpayers to pay a 20 percent penalty for any underpayment of tax that reflects negligence or disregard of rules or regulations. The I.R.S. waived penalties for Mr. Geithner, and there’s no indication that Mr. Daschle will be penalized.

But the two appointees could mitigate some of the harm they have done by volunteering to pay the Treasury such a penalty as an expression of personal remorse. If they think that’s unreasonable, we might learn something about just how sorry they actually are.

Psychoblues
02-04-2009, 06:30 AM
Thanks for the quotes but I continue to believe the primary assertion is faulty on it's premise.

Java?!?!?!?!?!???!?!?!?!??!

Psychoblues

Kathianne
02-04-2009, 06:44 AM
Thanks for the quotes but I continue to believe the primary assertion is faulty on it's premise.

Java?!?!?!?!?!???!?!?!?!??!

Psychoblues

:laugh2: Already have plenty of hot :coffee:. Getting ready to pack up and get to school.

Psychoblues
02-04-2009, 06:56 AM
Hit it Pink Floyd: Hey, Teacher, Leave Them Kids Alone

:laugh2: Already have plenty of hot :coffee:. Getting ready to pack up and get to school.

Have a GREAT day, Kat, and God bless you and what you do!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Psychoblues

red states rule
02-04-2009, 07:28 AM
Hey, at least he manned up and owned it, which is more than George W. Bush ever has done...or ever will do...with regards to his horrendous failures. Failures against which which Tom Daschle's tax problems are but a mote in God's eye.

Yes he "owned" up AFTER he was offered the job. But for YEARS he did not pay his fair share

Yet Tom was always wanting to raise our taxes - but has an issue with paying his

Psychoblues
02-04-2009, 07:32 AM
Do we need to re-open the Harken Oil fiasco of the last ex-prez and for which his father, another ex-prez, shut down the investigation?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!

Yes he "owned" up AFTER he was offered the job. But for YEARS he did not pay his fair share

Yet Tom was always wanting to raise our taxes - but has an issue with paying his

Just how much cheese and whine are you going to be needing these next 4 years, dumbo?!?!?!?!???!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Psychoblues

red states rule
02-04-2009, 07:37 AM
Tom then and now. This is soironic considering he just got busted for not paying his TAXES on a Wall Street supplies CAR and DRIVER!!..

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/rdrp8vIoofA&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/rdrp8vIoofA&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Psychoblues
02-04-2009, 07:39 AM
Hilarious!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You didn't get it, did you, dumbo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

More to come but more won't improve your idiotic condition at all!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Psychoblues

red states rule
02-04-2009, 07:41 AM
Hilarious!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You didn't get it, did you, dumbo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

More to come but more won't improve your idiotic condition at all!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Psychoblues

I get it

Libs have no problem raising taxes - they do not intend to pay them

Psychoblues
02-04-2009, 07:58 AM
Do you have a link for that ridiculous assertion or are you just exercizing your 1st amendment rights to be as wrong as you always are?!?!?!?!?!??!?!??!

I get it

Libs have no problem raising taxes - they do not intend to pay them

I'm a liberal and I certainly have paid my taxes for many years now, in fact for every year I have been encumbered to do so. How about them Cayman Islands where all your Republican buddies shithole all their income?!??!??!?!?!?!? It can get complicated but it is indeed Republicans that have screwed over Americans and especially American taxpayers since the time of our founding, dumbo!!!!!!!!!!!!!

More cheese with that whine?!?!??!??!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Psychoblues

red states rule
02-04-2009, 08:01 AM
Do you have a link for that ridiculous assertion or are you just exercizing your 1st amendment rights to be as wrong as you always are?!?!?!?!?!??!?!??!

I'm a liberal and I certainly have paid my taxes for many years now, in fact for every year I have been encumbered to do so. How about them Cayman Islands where all your Republican buddies shithole all their income?!??!??!?!?!?!? It can get complicated but it is indeed Republicans that have screwed over Americans and especially American taxpayers since the time of our founding, dumbo!!!!!!!!!!!!!

More cheese with that whine?!?!??!??!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Psychoblues

So far we have 4 Obama picks who have had "tax issues". Obama is good at getting them to pay their fair share - AFTER they are offered a government job

Damn, if Dems would have always paid their fair share, all of Pres bush's budgets may have balanced :laugh2:

red states rule
02-04-2009, 08:02 AM

You mean Rachel is running?

Psychoblues
02-04-2009, 09:39 AM
Read the thread, dumbo. It's real simple.

I think Sarah is certainly the frontrunner in this conversation!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Psychoblues

moderate democrat
02-04-2009, 09:51 AM

Psychoblues

it is the democrat's dream that Palin gets the republican nomination in 2012!

moderate democrat
02-04-2009, 09:51 AM

Rachel who??

PostmodernProphet
02-04-2009, 09:52 AM

Psychoblues

It would certainly be wrong to call Palin a hooker....she screwed the Democrats over for free.....

red states rule
02-04-2009, 09:52 AM
it is the democrat's dream that Palin gets the republican nomination in 2012!

It is probably Bill Clinton's wet dream - and yours as well :laugh2:

moderate democrat
02-04-2009, 09:55 AM
It is probably Bill Clinton's wet dream - and yours as well :laugh2:

keep the level of debate a bit highter, red... Palin is not ready for prime time and she will get chewed up in the primary process - unfortunately. I would love to see her get the nod. Obama would make quick work of her.

moderate democrat
02-04-2009, 09:57 AM
It would certainly be wrong to call Palin a hooker....she screwed the Democrats over for free.....

you're right... her candidacy was exactly what McCain needed to put him over the top. Oh wait... that was in an alternate universe. My bad.:lol:

red states rule
02-04-2009, 09:58 AM
keep the level of debate a bit highter, red... Palin is not ready for prime time and she will get chewed up in the primary process - unfortunately. I would love to see her get the nod. Obama would make quick work of her.

Obama can;t even gte his people confirmed, or his pork bill passed. His is a rookie who is groping in the dark

2 weeks in and he is showing he sucks at on the job training

Gov Palin will be Reagan, and Obama will be Carter

moderate democrat
02-04-2009, 10:00 AM
Obama can;t even gte his people confirmed, or his pork bill passed. His is a rookie who is groping in the dark

2 weeks in and he is showing he sucks at on the job training

Gov Palin will be Reagan, and Obama will be Carter

that is your opinion. What was your opinion as to who would be the republican nominee? Were you always a McCain fan? Was your opinion about how Obama would do in the general election fairly accurate?

your comparing Palin to Reagan may be the funniest thing I have read in months!

red states rule
02-04-2009, 10:03 AM
that is your opinion. What was your opinion as to who would be the republican nominee? Were you always a McCain fan? Was your opinion about how Obama would do in the general election fairly accurate?

your comparing Palin to Reagan may be the funniest thing I have read in months!

Opinion? Obama is showing how unprepared he is for the job

He is a man child, and is out of his league

emmett
02-04-2009, 10:05 AM
This is entertaining! Obahaha has clearly demonstrated a very poor ability to choose good people. Any argument with that would make someone look stupid! So.... help yourselves! I'll just sit here and laugh!

Bully.... GW accepted full responsibility for Katrina. Look it up yourself. I don't work for free!

Obahaha admitted a "screw up". He seemed to be more at peace with it than the Libs on here. Just accept it man! He screwed up. Here...... say it to yourself, slowly........ "My messiah screwed up", say it again, "My messiah screwed up!"

Accept it and move on, there will be many more to come! By June, when his approval numbers are hovering in the teens, along with the Democratic Legislature, you will learn to laugh like everybody else.

As for 2012 MD, be careful what you ask for. Obama will not be re-elected! He is too vulnerable in too many areas. He will have four years of broken promises and failed policy on his resume at that point. Too many people will be bitter that he did not change their lives the way he promised. Mortgage payments will not have been made like magic, as they suspected (stupid asses), cars will not be free, food will still be sold at grocery stores, not passed out in parking lots off of government trucks, health care will not be free and there will be wars still be orchestrated all over the Middle East.

Keep dreaming!

moderate democrat
02-04-2009, 10:05 AM
Opinion? Obama is showing how unprepared he is for the job

He is a man child, and is out of his league

the above post is what people refer to as an "opinion".

just thought you should know.

red states rule
02-04-2009, 10:07 AM
the above post is what people refer to as an "opinion".

just thought you should know.

Whatever Virgil. Obama is perfect in your eyes and can do nothing wrong. Different name, same Virgil style :rolleyes:

In your world, he has had a great 2 weeks, if not for those damn Republicans :laugh2:

Psychoblues
02-04-2009, 10:09 AM
And who paid for that million dollar makeover, pimp?!?!?!????!?!?!?!?!?!

She is a reichwing whore, cowgirl. You're turning out much the same. Bring her on in 2012. I'll contribute to her campaign!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Holy water?!?!?!???!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Psychoblues

moderate democrat
02-04-2009, 10:10 AM
Wha6tever Virgil. Obama is perfect in your eyes and can do nothing wrong. Different name, same Virgil style :rolleyes:

In your world, he has had a great 2 weeks, if not for those damn Republicans :laugh2:

my name is not virgil and I wish you would get out of that stupid rut. You voiced an opinion, red... that is all it is.... you may think it is quite accurate, but that does not change the FACT that it is still only your opinion.

As a matter of fact, I am a bit disappointed by several of Obama's choices. I do not think he has done a perfect job, but I still hold out high hopes for his administration, even given the terrible economic mess that Bush left him with.

red states rule
02-04-2009, 10:13 AM
my name is not virgil and I wish you would get out of that stupid rut. You voiced an opinion, red... that is all it is.... you may think it is quite accurate, but that does not change the FACT that it is still only your opinion.

As a matter of fact, I am a bit disappointed by several of Obama's choices. I do not think he has done a perfect job, but I still hold out high hopes for his administration, even given the terrible economic mess that Bush left him with.

So Obama is doing such a great job, why is he down to 55% is a DEM POLL?

Psychoblues
02-04-2009, 10:17 AM
rsr is delusional, md, so don't take any of her shit personally. She now blames it all on chemo as she has cancer but I think it is mostly associated with intentional ignorance.

Give her a break and politely excuse her indiscretions.

Can i get you anything to cool the jets?!?!?!??!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Psychoblues

moderate democrat
02-04-2009, 10:18 AM
So Obama is doing such a great job, why is he down to 55% is a DEM POLL?

Again with the polls... how silly.

Gallup, by the way, shows a 66% overall approval rating with a 19% disapproval rating. Seems to me that, in these tough times, he's doing a pretty good job. I hope he gets better.

red states rule
02-04-2009, 10:18 AM

Gallup, by the way, shows a 66% overall approval rating with a 19% disapproval rating. Seems to me that, in these tough times, he's doing a pretty good job. I hope he gets better.

and was in the 80's 15 days ago :laugh2:

emmett
02-04-2009, 10:23 AM
Oh yeah! Polls. LOL!

Keep an eye on those folks.

moderate democrat
02-04-2009, 10:23 AM
and was in the 80's 15 days ago :laugh2:

so what?

governing is not a popularity contest. You'll just have to sit there and ride the Obama train like everyone else... you can whine and moan like you seem to love to do...but we both know that the stimulus bill will pass and the economy will be stimulated in a way that the democratic majority in congress wants it to... we both know that republicans will have some impact in the senate and a few of their amendments will get passed in order to garner their support...we both know that the republican governors are all for this bill... and we als o both know that you will be absolutely powerless to do a damned thing about any of it until the midterm elections.

It really must SUCK to be a member of a party that is so lost in the wilderness right now. I can't even begin to imagine it.

red states rule
02-04-2009, 10:24 AM
Oh yeah! Polls. LOL!

It will not be hard Emmett - just keep looking down

The Reid/Pelosi Congress is still in the 20's :laugh2:

Psychoblues
02-04-2009, 11:00 AM
Polls are relatively accurate, emmie.

Oh yeah! Polls. LOL!

Are you condemning them as most reichwingers are now prone to do?!?!?!??!???!???!

There was a time post 9/11 that all polls suggested that gwb was in the high 80's and even in the 90's worldwide. The reichwingers were ecstatic!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The rest of us were looking for genuine leadership!!!!!!!!!!!Do I need to remind you!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!?!

The polls now are not favorable to my point of view but they at least reflect what they reflect and I can't deny them. The media is now favoring reichwing dissention, however, and that is, I guess, their job. Sad but true.

See what I mean, cowgirl?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?

How 'bout a Georgia Julep?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!

Psychoblues

PostmodernProphet
02-04-2009, 11:03 AM
you're right... her candidacy was exactly what McCain needed to put him over the top. Oh wait... that was in an alternate universe. My bad.:lol:

nothing could have put him over the top.....but her candidacy did keep him from losing by a 75-25 margin......

PostmodernProphet
02-04-2009, 11:05 AM

good lord, it's dropped that much already?....and it's only been two weeks.....

red states rule
02-04-2009, 11:05 AM
Polls are relatively accurate, emmie.

Are you condemning them as most reichwingers are now prone to do?!?!?!??!???!???!

There was a time post 9/11 that all polls suggested that gwb was in the high 80's and even in the 90's worldwide. The reichwingers were ecstatic!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The rest of us were looking for genuine leadership!!!!!!!!!!!Do I need to remind you!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!?!

The polls now are not favorable to my point of view but they at least reflect what they reflect and I can't deny them. The media is now favoring reichwing dissention, however, and that is, I guess, their job. Sad but true.

See what I mean, cowgirl?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?

How 'bout a Georgia Julep?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!

Psychoblues

and support for the mega pork bill in down to 42%

the Reid/Pelosi Congress are in the 20's

When Chris "I get a tingle up my leg" Matthews is asking where the infrastructure spending is at in the mega pork bill - you know it is bad

moderate democrat
02-04-2009, 11:08 AM
nothing could have put him over the top.....but her candidacy did keep him from losing by a 75-25 margin......

If you're gonna write unprovable fiction, why not say 90-10? :lol:

red states rule
02-04-2009, 11:09 AM

Who said he was an Obama speechwriter

Or an Interim Minister from Maine? :laugh2:

Psychoblues
02-04-2009, 11:14 AM
Much to your dismay, rsr, the bill will ultimately be passed. Just as soon as we can get some more reichwing pork into it. That is the general hangup right now if you are paying attention to what's happening instead of what is being said.

and support for the mega pork bill in down to 42%

the Reid/Pelosi Congress are in the 20's

When Chris "I get a tingle up my leg" Matthews is asking where the infrastructure spending is at in the mega pork bill - you know it is bad

There are a lot of millionaires that want to be billionaires and they do hold some sway in legislative matters, don't you know?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?

Psychoblues

red states rule
02-04-2009, 11:16 AM
Much to your dismay, rsr, the bill will ultimately be passed. Just as soon as we can get some more reichwing pork into it. That is the general hangup right now if you are paying attention to what's happening instead of what is being said.

There are a lot of millionaires that want to be billionaires and they do hold some sway in legislative matters, don't you know?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?

Psychoblues

So you admit Pelosi was lying when she promised no pork? :laugh2:

If the bill pases, and the mega pork bill makes things worse - Dems wil own it and the economy

Psychoblues
02-04-2009, 11:34 AM
The Dems are trying to keep it reasonable, dumbo. But, the bill will pass as soon as the idiots, Republicans, get whatever pork they can get out of it.

If the bill pases, and the mega pork bill makes things worse - Dems wil own it and the economy

You don't pay attention much, do you?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!

Psychoblues

red states rule
02-04-2009, 11:36 AM
The Dems are trying to keep it reasonable, dumbo. But, the bill will pass as soon as the idiots, Republicans, get whatever pork they can get out of it.

You don't pay attention much, do you?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!

Psychoblues

Reasonable?

From another thread I started

600,000,000 for an African American heritage trail - aka a racist heritage trail. How about a few million for a white man heritage trail?

17 Billion for a 100 acre energy efficient industrial zone - WTF!

$500 million to provide solar water heaters to rural families. Will the government heat my water too?

$386 million to build another convention center in Dallas...that's infrastructure? That should be a local project, funded locally.

$50,000 to "build" two dog parks. AKA a fenced in plot of grass.
Love the claim for the 100 acre industrial park, it will create lots of jobs. Temporary jobs at $10 million per job, but who's counting?

Psychoblues
02-04-2009, 11:40 AM
Why do you constantly refer to your own bullshit, dumbo?!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

How about concentrating on this thread and letting those others survive on their own?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Isn't Thieves and Beggars a cheap whiskey?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Psychoblues

red states rule
02-04-2009, 11:41 AM
Why do you constantly refer to your own bullshit, dumbo?!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

How about concentrating on this thread and letting those others survive on their own?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Isn't Thieves and Beggars a cheap whiskey?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Psychoblues

You do have a sever reaction to facts PB. Are those examples of what is in the meg pork "reasonable" to you?

Psychoblues
02-04-2009, 11:49 AM
Nobody likes legislative pork, dumbo.

You do have a sever reaction to facts PB. Are those examples of what is in the meg pork "reasonable" to you?

And nobody likes neg rep artists like you. Can you dig it?!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!

There are lots of things that nobody likes about you, rsr. Get a freakin' grip, OK?!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!??!?!?!??!??!

Psychoblues

Yurt
02-04-2009, 11:49 AM

and your assertions are "fact"....

let me advise you that YOUR opinions are not fact and should be touted as such

red states rule
02-04-2009, 11:50 AM
Nobody likes legislative pork, dumbo.

And nobody likes neg rep artists like you. Can you dig it?!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!

There are lots of things that nobody likes about you, rsr. Get a freakin' grip, OK?!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!??!?!?!??!??!

Psychoblues

Obama needs to sell the mega prok bill better PB

Obama needs to wear a headset when he goes on TV and here is what he needs to say

ScamWow!

It's like a scam-you-all! It's like a towel! It's like a sponge!

Sucks up the bucks!

Holds 20x it's weight in needless pork.

Easily redistributes wealth without a fuss!

Made in Congress. You know the Reid/Pelosi Congress makes good stuff .

Special offer:

Buy now, pay dearly later!

Support one huge ScamWow now, and wait for multiple minnie ScamWow's later.

Hurry! Say yes now! We can't do this all day.

You'll say Wow!

(Stimulus and job creation not included)

Psychoblues
02-04-2009, 11:52 AM
As usual, you obfuscate, yuk.

and your assertions are "fact"....

let me advise you that YOUR opinions are not fact and should be touted as such

Get on with the conversation at hand or get out is my advise to you.

Psychoblues

red states rule
02-04-2009, 11:54 AM
As usual, you obfuscate, yuk.

Get on with the conversation at hand or get out is my advise to you.

Psychoblues

and you duck facts and the issues - what is the difference?

Psychoblues
02-04-2009, 11:58 AM
So now the other butt buddie shows up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and you duck facts and the issues - what is the difference?

What's the difference and so what?!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!

Psychoblues

emmett
02-04-2009, 12:00 PM
Reasonable?

From another thread I started

600,000,000 for an African American heritage trail - aka a racist heritage trail. How about a few million for a white man heritage trail?

17 Billion for a 100 acre energy efficient industrial zone - WTF!

$500 million to provide solar water heaters to rural families. Will the government heat my water too?

$386 million to build another convention center in Dallas...that's infrastructure? That should be a local project, funded locally.

$50,000 to "build" two dog parks. AKA a fenced in plot of grass.
Love the claim for the 100 acre industrial park, it will create lots of jobs. Temporary jobs at $10 million per job, but who's counting?

I could suggest a much more economical version of these porky items.

1. Instead of an African American Heritage trail, place a dart board with RSR's picture on it at the end of an alley in Harlem. Place pictures of MLK and Malcolm X on the walls leading to the end. Place historical markers at 100 foot intervals down the alley and give a dart to each person who reads them. Therefore when they reach the end, they can throw the darts at RSR (if they have any). Use local homeless people to build this, (providing jobs).

2. Energy Eff industrial park could be provided by building it next to a dairy farm. The flatulating cows could provide the energy necessary to heat the park. A huge portable duct system routing the "energy" to specific places would require the expertise of many heating/air contractors, (creating jobs). Not to say what genius the recycling effort would have been to eliminate the potential global warming, I mean Climate change threat away from the cows.

3. Utilize used toilet paper to build the convention center. Call it the "Cheryl Crow" Convention Center. There is nio way this would cost 386 mill. Just build the shit out of it!

4. Dog parks? Fooey! We don't need that, cut it from the budget! Pooper Scoopers have already been proven to be very effiecient!

5. This should leave enough money to buy everyone a nice Whirlpool Water Heater.... and yes RSR, we'll get you one too!

moderate democrat
02-04-2009, 12:01 PM

desperate times demand desperate measures... and red...fyi... I don't live in Maine... I live in Iowa and I am not a minister.

red states rule
02-04-2009, 12:02 PM
desperate times demand desperate measures... and red...fyi... I don't live in Maine... I live in Iowa and I am not a minister.

We were in much more deperate times when Carter was President

and Obama is using the same failed polices Carter and the Dem Congress used back then

Feel free to use this in your next sermon :laugh2:

Psychoblues
02-04-2009, 12:08 PM
I told you earlier that rsr is delusional, md.

If you choose to continue your senseless and endless and juvenile arguments with her then maybe you are the one she is referring to you as being. Failure then, failure now. What did Einstein say? If you continue doing the same thing the same way you will continue to get the same results or something like that?!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!??!

How 'bout a sasparilly to cool the jets?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Psychoblues

moderate democrat
02-04-2009, 12:08 PM
We were in much more deperate times when Carter was President

and Obama is using the same failed polices Carter and the Dem Congress used back then

Feel free to use this in your next sermon :laugh2:

again... leave this sermon business alone. I am not a minister. get over it. Your opinion as to the state of the economy is not shared by most economists. that's a fact.

red states rule
02-04-2009, 12:11 PM
again... leave this sermon business alone. I am not a minister. get over it. Your opinion as to the state of the economy is not shared by most economists. that's a fact.

No Virgil, the number PROVE the statment

Under Carter we had a prime rate of 21%

Home loans going for 16%

Unemployment near 10%

Double digit inflation

Gas lines around the block

People could not get oil to heat their homes

and you voted for Carter again in 1980 - right?

Psychoblues
02-04-2009, 12:13 PM
I and most others will certainly agree with you on that point, md.

Arguing with the delusionals will not improve your position. I'm just saying,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Psychoblues

red states rule
02-04-2009, 12:15 PM
I and most others will certainly agree with you on that point, md.

Arguing with the delusionals will not improve your position. I'm just saying,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Psychoblues

But you make it so EASY PB - I can't resist driving you into the ground :laugh2:

Psychoblues
02-04-2009, 12:19 PM
Drive on, cowgirl!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But you make it so EASY PB - I can't resist driving you into the ground :laugh2:

I ain't afraid of you or anything like you, bitch!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Psychoblues

Classact
02-04-2009, 12:42 PM
desperate times demand desperate measures... and red...fyi... I don't live in Maine... I live in Iowa and I am not a minister.We must be in desperate times when ACORN and the arts are in danger? If we don't go green we won't need to worry about jobs, yea right Obama... desperate to kiss ass to lobbiest groups that helped elect Democrats.

red states rule
02-04-2009, 12:44 PM
We must be in desperate times when ACORN and the arts are in danger? If we don't go green we won't need to worry about jobs, yea right Obama... desperate to kiss ass to lobbiest groups that helped elect Democrats.

Tried to rep you - but have to spread it around first