PDA

View Full Version : China Buying fewer Treasury Bonds

DannyR
02-04-2009, 12:05 PM
I don't care what party you are in, deficit spending needs to end right now!

If we can't balance our budget, and foreign nations stop lending us money, the economic collapse that will result will make 9/11 look like a picnic.

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/01/08/business/worldbusiness/08yuan.html?em

Yurt
02-04-2009, 01:04 PM
and spending a trillion dollars we don't have is going to balance the budget?

its time to cut back spending and trim the federal government, fact, it has been that time for a long time.

DannyR
02-04-2009, 01:27 PM
and spending a trillion dollars we don't have is going to balance the budget?

Obviously not. NEITHER party has made balancing the budget a priority anytime in recent years. Obama is only continuing the spending spree Bush certainly never did anything to curtail.

Here is hoping for a republican congress in 2010. A democratic president/republican congress seem to be the only combo that actually cuts spending that I've seen.

Trigg
02-04-2009, 01:35 PM
Here's hoping that people continue to look closely at this "stimulus" so that it doesn't get passed.

A trillion dollars in debt plus all the billions spend already by Bush will lead this country into inflation and start this whole mess over again.

Someone will end up getting stuck with this bill and I don't want it to be my children.

I've always taught my children to save money when they have extra so they have it when they really need it. Our gov. needs to learn this VERY SIMPLE LESSON and quit spending money like drunken sailors.

02-04-2009, 07:27 PM
Oh dont worry. There is no way this bill can survive long enough to get passed to our children.

Granted, they will still feel the brunt of it when civilization collapses.

5stringJeff
02-04-2009, 09:39 PM
Neither the Dems nor the GOP care about balancing the budget - both are bis spending parties nowadays. If you really want to balance the budet and cut back the size of government, work to elect Libertarians.

DannyR
02-04-2009, 10:36 PM
Neither the Dems nor the GOP care about balancing the budget - both are bis spending parties nowadays. If you really want to balance the budet and cut back the size of government, work to elect Libertarians.I agree 100%, except I fear that by the time enough Libertarians ever get elected and that happens, Heston will be cursing the damn dirty apes.