PDA

View Full Version : Audio: “We’re going to be in the Hudson”

-Cp
02-05-2009, 08:26 PM
<div><iframe height="339" width="425" src="http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/22425001/vp/29033586#29033586" frameborder="0" scrolling="no"></iframe>

WOW...

Mr. P
02-05-2009, 08:38 PM
Pay attention, CP here's a better one..

http://www.debatepolicy.com/showthread.php?t=21239

johnney
02-06-2009, 08:24 AM
thats one cool fucker no matter which way you look at it.

My Winter Storm
02-06-2009, 09:43 PM
He did a very, very admirable job, didn't panic, remained calm the entire time. He deserves a medal for singlehandedly saving the lives of everyone on board.

Mr. P
02-06-2009, 10:02 PM
He did a very, very admirable job, didn't panic, remained calm the entire time. He deserves a medal for singlehandedly saving the lives of everyone on board.

He did the job he trained for, that's what he's paid for not just flying. I promise.

BTW it wasn't single-handedly, there was a crew.

Psychoblues
02-07-2009, 08:58 AM
Sulley put that aircraft down on the water by himself, pee.

He did the job he trained for, that's what he's paid for not just flying. I promise.

BTW it wasn't single-handedly, there was a crew.

His crew deserves all the accolades given and to be given but the man with the plan was that extraordinary pilot. Hundreds of others have catastrophically failed in the exact circumstances and with superior aircraft!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The USAF pilot training once again prevails!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Could I offer you a Jamm Damm Julep, special from Mississippi?!?!?!!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!

:beer::cheers2::beer:

Psychoblues

Mr. P
02-07-2009, 09:38 AM
Sulley put that aircraft down on the water by himself, pee.

His crew deserves all the accolades given and to be given but the man with the plan was that extraordinary pilot. Hundreds of others have catastrophically failed in the exact circumstances and with superior aircraft!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The USAF pilot training once again prevails!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Could I offer you a Jamm Damm Julep, special from Mississippi?!?!?!!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!

Psychoblues

No Julep..I'm working on repairing TWO broken vehicles..
Do you know anything about alternator malfunctions?
Brand new Batt drove for 15 mins parked overnight dead in the morning with the alternator warm..seems it draining the Batt. I've never seen that happen.

Psychoblues
02-07-2009, 09:57 AM
Even brand new Batts are sometimes bad, pee.

No Julep..I'm working on repairing TWO broken vehicles..
Do you know anything about alternator malfunctions?
Brand new Batt drove for 15 mins parked overnight dead in the morning with the alternator warm..seems it draining the Batt. I've never seen that happen.

Do you have a local AutoZone or any major parts retail outlet? Most all of them can check out your Batt or your alternator competently and for no charge. If all checks out well I would suspect a grounding somewhere in your system and that might take a while to find.

How about Sully?!?!??!?!?!?!?!???! Ain't he a sight for sore eyes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Psychoblues

Mr. P
02-07-2009, 10:59 AM
Even brand new Batts are sometimes bad, pee.

Do you have a local AutoZone or any major parts retail outlet? Most all of them can check out your Batt or your alternator competently and for no charge. If all checks out well I would suspect a grounding somewhere in your system and that might take a while to find.

How about Sully?!?!??!?!?!?!?!???! Ain't he a sight for sore eyes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Psychoblues

I'm pulling the alt today I hope. It shouldn't be warm after sitting overnight. especially in the cold we've had.

Sully is an excellent example of the professionalism, training and skill I had the pleasure being part of for 28 yrs. His performance is viewed as admirable by the profession.

It's a matter of perspective..many not associated with aviation see this as a miracle. Professionals pilots see it as an exceptional example of skill, experience and the benefit of constant (every 6 months for part 121 unless it changed) emergency training with a bit of luck at just the right time.