PDA

View Full Version : Jennifer Hudson "national anthem" super bowl

-Cp
02-06-2009, 01:55 PM
<object width="480" height="295"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ettnrVbhqjQ&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ettnrVbhqjQ&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="295"></embed></object>

She NAILED this song - great performance...

Little-Acorn
02-06-2009, 02:35 PM
She's a terrific singer, no doubt about it. And with what she's been going through in her family, her guts and courage in doing this terrific performance is laudable.

But she seems to have forgotten what the performance was for. She was singing the National Anthem. The performance was not to show the world what a great, innovative, dynamic singer she is. It was to give the audience the National Anthem.

She blew it.

-Cp
02-06-2009, 02:56 PM
but she seems to have forgotten what the performance was for. She was singing the national anthem. The performance was not to show the world what a great, innovative, dynamic singer she is. It was to give the audience the national anthem.

She blew it.

wth??

5stringJeff
02-06-2009, 03:55 PM
She nailed it ahead of time, and lip synched it during the Super Bowl. I think that cheapens it. I'm not saying she doesn't have a great voice, but there's no reason she can't sing that live.

-Cp
02-06-2009, 04:00 PM
She nailed it ahead of time, and lip synched it during the Super Bowl. I think that cheapens it. I'm not saying she doesn't have a great voice, but there's no reason she can't sing that live.

How do you know it was Lip Synched?

5stringJeff
02-06-2009, 04:11 PM
How do you know it was Lip Synched?

It's all over the news. Here's one story:

http://www.eonline.com/uberblog/b82125_jennifer_hudson_lip-sync_anthem_ready.html

Here's 496 more (http://news.google.com/news?hl=en&ned=&ie=UTF-8&ncl=1299134787).

darin
02-06-2009, 04:17 PM
As did Faith Hill....was the call of the producer of that portion of the show.

dan
02-06-2009, 05:09 PM
As did Faith Hill....was the call of the producer of that portion of the show.

Also, all the instruments in the halftime show except Bruce's voice were supposedly pre-recorded.

Little-Acorn
02-06-2009, 05:10 PM
Also, all the instruments in the halftime show except Bruce's voice were supposedly pre-recorded.

And Bruce's voice should have been.

Abbey Marie
02-06-2009, 05:11 PM
It seems pointless. Just play the recordings, then, and don't bring in the "performers".

Trigg
02-06-2009, 05:54 PM
It seems pointless. Just play the recordings, then, and don't bring in the "performers".

I agree, people go to live shows because they don't want to just hear a recording.

5stringJeff
02-06-2009, 07:47 PM
Hell, I don't go to a football game to see a rock concert. Get rid of the whole thing, if you ask me. But, if the NFL insists on having a halftime concert, then instruments and vocals should be done live, not prerecorded.

Mr. P
02-06-2009, 10:12 PM
Sung twice..I thought wtf is with that...Hill did it from the gut it was good IMO, Hudson was a show. Just not cool.

Missileman
02-06-2009, 10:44 PM
Hell, I don't go to a football game to see a rock concert. Get rid of the whole thing, if you ask me. But, if the NFL insists on having a halftime concert, then instruments and vocals should be done live, not prerecorded.

Stick with Drum and Bugle Corps...make it the prize for winning nationals or something.

Little-Acorn
02-07-2009, 12:36 AM
The prize for going to the Super Bowl, should be winning nationals.

dan
02-07-2009, 11:15 AM
I guess I can see it from the producers' standpoint. I'm sure those performances cost a ton of money, and there are a million things that could go wrong, including an instrument either dropping out or being out of tune or something. I understand them wanting to ensure that doesn't happen.

I don't agree with it at all, but I understand. Besides, it's not like the Super Bowl halftime show is like the pinnacle of artistry, anyway, let's be honest, it's pretty much the biggest sell-out thing a musician can do.

Abbey Marie
02-07-2009, 11:48 AM
Stick with Drum and Bugle Corps...make it the prize for winning nationals or something.

I love that idea. Marching bands in general are what halftime is all about.

Abbey Marie
02-07-2009, 11:50 AM
I guess I can see it from the producers' standpoint. I'm sure those performances cost a ton of money, and there are a million things that could go wrong, including an instrument either dropping out or being out of tune or something. I understand them wanting to ensure that doesn't happen.

I don't agree with it at all, but I understand. Besides, it's not like the Super Bowl halftime show is like the pinnacle of artistry, anyway, let's be honest, it's pretty much the biggest sell-out thing a musician can do.

That's one of the problems with entertainment in general today. Everybody is botoxed, plastic-surgeried, lip-synched airbrushed, or CGI'ed into total plastic-ness. Not much real on the national scene.

Mr. P
02-07-2009, 12:31 PM
Prerecorded music and lip sync has been around for many yrs. We did it when I was in the HS choirs for a big holiday event every yr. in Atlanta. We'd go to a studio and record for the event. I always thought folks were being cheated somehow but there was a purpose. Much of the why is what Dan mentioned and in our case we were in a three floor glass bridge and the folks were on the street below stretched out for blocks freezing their ass off. They wouldn't have even heard us if we really did sing live.

Sitarro
02-07-2009, 02:36 PM
I'll take Carrie Underwood's version over Hudson's, none of that gospel shit, just the song performed the way it's suppose to be.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LSiRUSjSJnQ&feature=related

Sitarro
02-07-2009, 02:49 PM
Another better version and sung by the best looking person to ever sing it....... and in leather..... wow.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WJI_rlar68M&feature=related

-Cp
02-08-2009, 04:16 PM
Another better version and sung by the best looking person to ever sing it....... and in leather..... wow.

I agree dude! She is - to me - the most beautiful woman I've ever seen... yeah.. I said ever...

I would HIT THAT like the Fist of a PISSED OFF god! :)

HOLY CRAP - just watched it! It made me tear up! I'm verclempt! And not only cause of the song but because of how unspeakably gorgeous she is! WOW..... and for some to say there is no God.... she is ALL THE PROOF WE NEED! :)

-Cp
02-08-2009, 04:22 PM
I also must add, the USA does have the MOST KICK ASS National Anthem - EVER!

Thank you much Francis Scott Key!!

Sitarro
02-08-2009, 04:51 PM
I agree dude! She is - to me - the most beautiful woman I've ever seen... yeah.. I said ever...

I would HIT THAT like the Fist of a PISSED OFF god! :)

HOLY CRAP - just watched it! It made me tear up! I'm verclempt! And not only cause of the song but because of how unspeakably gorgeous she is! WOW..... and for some to say there is no God.... she is ALL THE PROOF WE NEED! :)

Yep, another gorgeous conservative babe. How about these shots?

-Cp
02-08-2009, 07:27 PM
Yep, another gorgeous conservative babe. How about these shots?

Actually, her and Tim are Democrats..

Sitarro
02-08-2009, 08:56 PM
Actually, her and Tim are Democrats..

You're right Cp, I just saw an article about her and Tim. They sang for an inauguration party after spending 8 grand for a night at the Ritz Carlton Georgetown, I guess that they decided to do their part to stimulate Georgetown's economy. It's kind of silly to hear singers singing about simple country life and then finding out that they drop that kind of money for one night in a hotel room. I also read what huge critics they were of President Bush's handling of New Orleans......... too bad, I had more respect for them before I read more about them.

-Cp
02-08-2009, 09:06 PM
You're right Cp, I just saw an article about her and Tim. They sang for an inauguration party after spending 8 grand for a night at the Ritz Carlton Georgetown, I guess that they decided to do their part to stimulate Georgetown's economy. It's kind of silly to hear singers singing about simple country life and then finding out that they drop that kind of money for one night in a hotel room. I also read what huge critics they were of President Bush's handling of New Orleans......... too bad, I had more respect for them before I read more about them.

Tim is from Louisiana originally - so he had some personal issues with the handling of it I suppose..

Sitarro
02-08-2009, 09:34 PM
Tim is from Louisiana originally - so he had some personal issues with the handling of it I suppose..

I'm from Louisiana originally and realize that it is the Mayor and government of New Orleans that has dropped the ball for years when it came to levy improvements. It was New Orlean's government that had the responsibility for the evacuation of it's citizens when a category 5 hurricane was heading straight for it. It was also the responsibility of the state and the Governor in particular to do something about that dump, the federal government had no business in there until the state asked for them except for the U.S. Coast Guard that did an incredible job in extraordinarily dangerous conditions. Only political hacks from the democrat party would blame President Bush.