PDA

View Full Version : Who pays for this?

-Cp
02-06-2009, 07:56 PM
While I'm ALWAYS a HUGE fan of our AirForce - I am curious to know who pays for the jet fuel etc. it takes for them to do the flyover during the SuperBowl ceremonies?

The NFL? (I hope so)...

5stringJeff
02-06-2009, 08:01 PM
While I'm ALWAYS a HUGE fan of our AirForce - I am curious to know who pays for the jet fuel etc. it takes for them to do the flyover during the SuperBowl ceremonies?

The NFL? (I hope so)...

I'm pretty sure that falls under the "Recruiting and Publicity" banner, which the Air Force receives appropriated monies for.

In other words, you and I pay for it.

PostmodernProphet
02-07-2009, 07:22 AM
we could find out.....call up the Air Force and tell them you want a fly-over for your birthday......see if they give you a schedule of fees......

Psychoblues
02-07-2009, 07:24 AM
Simple, Cp. You do. And me too!!!!!!!!

:beer::cheers2::beer:

Psychoblues

-Cp
02-07-2009, 02:17 PM
Simple, Cp. You do. And me too!!!!!!!!

Psychoblues

What a COLOSSAL waste of our tax dollars...

Sitarro
02-07-2009, 02:33 PM
What a COLOSSAL waste of our tax dollars...

These guys would be flying training missions any way and that is exactly how these are planned. They go through the same briefings and need to have the same timing and precision as a typical bombing run, I don't see it as any more of a waste than any other training flights.

I spoke to a guy that was in the Navy the other day, he was an engineer in the engine room of a small ship, I don't remember what type but smaller than a cruiser. It was diesel powered and burned 60,000 gallons a day......... a few aircraft aren't burning shit compared to that.

Psychoblues
02-12-2009, 04:38 AM
:link::lol::link::lol::link:

These guys would be flying training missions any way and that is exactly how these are planned. They go through the same briefings and need to have the same timing and precision as a typical bombing run, I don't see it as any more of a waste than any other training flights.

I spoke to a guy that was in the Navy the other day, he was an engineer in the engine room of a small ship, I don't remember what type but smaller than a cruiser. It was diesel powered and burned 60,000 gallons a day......... a few aircraft aren't burning shit compared to that.

You're a fuckin' waste of time and effort, zero!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Psychoblues

darin
02-12-2009, 06:06 AM
psycho has been removed from the thread.

As jeff said - Many recruiting tools are allowed. The 'flyovers' paint the military in a good light and what-not. It's good advertising.

:)

5stringJeff
02-12-2009, 05:08 PM
psycho has been removed from the thread.

As jeff said - Many recruiting tools are allowed. The 'flyovers' paint the military in a good light and what-not. It's good advertising.

:)

Well, it's advertising, at least. Whether or not it's a good use of money is another thing.

DannyR
02-12-2009, 05:19 PM
These guys would be flying training missions any way and that is exactly how these are planned. They go through the same briefings and need to have the same timing and precision as a typical bombing run, I don't see it as any more of a waste than any other training flights.Exactly the case. I've talked to a number of pilots who attend airshows, and not only are these trips used for recruiting purposes (a very effective use of dollars actually, far more so than just printing up a poster and putting it on a wall!), but they require a very strong attention to detail and usually only the top pilots are able to perform these tasks. Being a member of a performance squadron like the Blue Angels is a very strong incentive and reward for many pilots out there, and spurs our pilots to be even better.

darin
02-12-2009, 05:55 PM
The training angle is a good angle - while performing, they are honing their skillz.

manu1959
02-12-2009, 06:34 PM
http://www.pantagraph.com/articles/2008/02/17/news/doc47b7b9e531b2e114093500.txt

one point of view....