PDA

View Full Version : Has Bill Gates lost his mind?

Abbey Marie
02-07-2009, 07:32 PM
I swear, people with billions so often end up going cuckoo for Cocoa Puffs.

The Buzz Week in Review
by Michael Krumboltz
February 6, 2009 05:12:06 PM

Gates Makes a Point
Release the hounds! Actually, make that mosquitoes. Bill Gates, co-founder of Microsoft and one of the world's wealthiest people, made headlines this week when he released a cloud of mosquitos at a technology conference. The philanthropist was pointing out the dangers of malaria for the world's poor. "Malaria is spread by mosquitoes. I brought some here," he said. "There is no reason only poor people should be infected." Fortunately for the terrified attendees, the mosquitoes were malaria-free. 'Twas all a rouse (sic?).
Bill Gates 1, Terrified Minions 0.

http://buzz.yahoo.com/buzzlog/92249?fp=1

Yurt
02-07-2009, 08:00 PM
you know, that is as bad as telling someone they are dying from a disease and you're only kidding, oh wait, that is exactly what he was doing

strange

Mr. P
02-07-2009, 08:07 PM
:laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:
What a cool to the point prank.

Abbey Marie
02-07-2009, 08:09 PM
I would say I hope he gets sued, but he wouldn't even feel it. He needs to be Punk'd.

Mr. P
02-07-2009, 08:10 PM
I would say I hope he gets sued, but he wouldn't even feel it. He needs to be Punk'd.

Sued for what? Momentary mental distress?

Abbey Marie
02-07-2009, 08:13 PM
Sued for what? Momentary mental distress?

Sure. Plus PTSD, and the accompanying inability to earn a living. Punitive damages. The works. But as I said, he wouldn't even feel it. He needs to be punk'd.

Mr. P
02-07-2009, 08:21 PM
Sure. Plus PTSD, and the accompanying inability to earn a living. Punitive damages. The works. But as I said, he wouldn't even feel it. He needs to be punk'd.

Good example for tort reform.

MtnBiker
02-07-2009, 08:24 PM
Bill should just invest into some DDT.

Abbey Marie
02-07-2009, 09:49 PM
Good example for tort reform.

Lawsuit or not, I'm surprised that anyone would think it's ok to pull a stunt like that and scare people who are just trying to attend a conference (that they probably paid good money for, btw). It's a sick game, and he should be ashamed of himself.

I guess when you are that rich, and the world bows at your feet, you think you can do whatever you want. The guy is showing himelf to be a jerk by doing this, AND by creating yet another divisive class argument intended to make people feel guilty for living in a better place. The nerve of them!

Hey Bill, are poor people in the US dying from malaria? Gee, maybe not, I guess it's not as simple as poor v. rich, huh?

Mr. P
02-07-2009, 10:10 PM
Lawsuit or not, I'm surprised that anyone would think it's ok to pull a stunt like that and scare people who are just trying to attend a conference (that they probably paid good money for, btw). It's a sick game, and he should be ashamed of himself.

I guess when you are that rich, and the world bows at your feet, you think you can do whatever you want. The guy is showing himelf to be a jerk by doing this, AND by creating yet another divisive class argument intended to make people feel guilty for living in a better place. The nerve of them!

Hey Bill, are poor people in the US dying from malaria? Gee, maybe not, I guess it's not as simple as poor v. rich, huh?

My guess is that those who attended a technology conference and could pay good money for it were smart enough to know ...it was a prank.

Yurt
02-07-2009, 10:54 PM
My guess is that those who attended a technology conference and could pay good money for it were smart enough to know ...it was a prank.

the article mentioned terrified attendees

Mr. P
02-07-2009, 11:35 PM
the article mentioned terrified attendees

And you believe the media?

Yurt
02-08-2009, 12:49 AM
And you believe the media?

not all the time

you think they are lying in this case?

Mr. P
02-08-2009, 08:41 AM
not all the time

you think they are lying in this case?

I believe that

Fortunately for the terrified attendees...

is the writers opinion.

Abbey Marie
02-08-2009, 12:39 PM
Mr. P, do you have any shred of evidence to show that the reporter is lying and the attendees were not terrified?

Btw, I do not think that intelligence and/or wealth make people any less scared of sickness and death. In fact, I would say it is just the opposite.
As one notorious example, Howard Hughes comes to mind.

Mr. P
02-08-2009, 02:06 PM
Mr. P, do you have any shred of evidence to show that the reporter is lying and the attendees were not terrified?

Btw, I do not think that intelligence and/or wealth make people any less scared of sickness and death. In fact, I would say it is just the opposite.
As one notorious example, Howard Hughes comes to mind.

I think the reporter expressed opinion.

As far as evidence the reporter was lying, I have as much as you do that the reported wasn't lying.