PDA

View Full Version : guitar hero

manu1959
03-31-2007, 12:06 AM
my son (8) and i just love this game....

Hobbit
05-25-2007, 11:13 PM
I just passed Misirlou (GH2) on hard. I can't move my right arm now.

Guernicaa
05-26-2007, 05:53 PM
I bought it and played it for a while...
But then I got tired of it.

I'm still in love with Dance Dance Revolution.

dan
07-15-2007, 03:52 PM
I had some extra cash and bought this one. I don't know if it's because I play guitar for real, but I'm not really impressed. It's kind of fun, I guess, but I'm not nuts over it the way a lot of people are.

jackass
07-15-2007, 05:17 PM
I don't know if it's because I play guitar for real, but I'm not really impressed.

Bingo!!! Hahaha

I didnt know you played the guitar Dan. How long you been playing?

nevadamedic
07-15-2007, 05:53 PM
I had some extra cash and bought this one. I don't know if it's because I play guitar for real, but I'm not really impressed. It's kind of fun, I guess, but I'm not nuts over it the way a lot of people are.

What's the point of the game? Does it teach you how to play th Guitar or something?

jackass
07-15-2007, 07:56 PM
No it doesnt teach you how to play the guitar. It is like Dance Dance Revolution for you fingers. Very addictive game and fun to play...especially if you like the music. (I think that might be part of Dans problem too.)

nevadamedic
07-15-2007, 08:07 PM
No it doesnt teach you how to play the guitar. It is like Dance Dance Revolution for you fingers. Very addictive game and fun to play...especially if you like the music. (I think that might be part of Dans problem too.)

So if you don't know how to play the guitar then it doesn't work?

dan
07-16-2007, 03:20 AM
(I think that might be part of Dans problem too.)

I like the music OK. All the thrash-y stuff, I could take or leave, but the rest of it is pretty cool. My favorite songs on there (I have G.H. 2) are "War Pigs" and "Shout at the Devil".

So if you don't know how to play the guitar then it doesn't work?

Just the opposite, I think. There are only five buttons on the guitar, and in Easy and Medium modes, each button-press doesn't match each note, that's my problem: I'm trying to play these songs the way they're played on a real guitar and you can't really do that.

I don't know, it's fun, but... it's really the same thing over and over again. Gets old quick for me.

nevadamedic
07-16-2007, 03:26 AM
I like the music OK. All the thrash-y stuff, I could take or leave, but the rest of it is pretty cool. My favorite songs on there (I have G.H. 2) are "War Pigs" and "Shout at the Devil".

Just the opposite, I think. There are only five buttons on the guitar, and in Easy and Medium modes, each button-press doesn't match each note, that's my problem: I'm trying to play these songs the way they're played on a real guitar and you can't really do that.

I don't know, it's fun, but... it's really the same thing over and over again. Gets old quick for me.

So it's kinda like that old school game Simon?

jackass
07-16-2007, 05:48 PM
So it's kinda like that old school game Simon?

Kinda...but much quicker...and you use all your fingers...PLUS strum the "guitar" when needed.

dan
07-17-2007, 03:41 AM
I didnt know you played the guitar Dan. How long you been playing?

A while now. I think I first started taking lessons when I was 13 or 14, so probably about ten years. I first started getting into it because I wanted to be like my brother, John.