PDA

View Full Version : The Cancer Is In Remission

red states rule
02-08-2009, 02:48 PM
After many tests and recent blood work, my Dr told me my cancer is now in remission. After 2 years if the cancer does not come back - he will consider me cured

My lower abdominal pain is all but gone, and the Dr has given me permission to go back to work on the 16th

I want to thank everyone for all the PM's asking how I am doing, and all the kind words of encouragement I have gotten

It will be good to get off LTD and back to work

Classact
02-08-2009, 03:00 PM
Hang in there and best wishes for full recovery! Excellent news!

red states rule
02-08-2009, 03:02 PM
Hang in there and best wishes for full recovery! Excellent news!

Thank you CA. It is great news. I had a great chemo Dr who knew what to do

Nukeman
02-08-2009, 03:04 PM
Thats great news!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:dance:

red states rule
02-08-2009, 03:05 PM
Thats great news!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:dance:

How could I loose the fight Nukeman? I had so many people here pulling for me, and telling me they would track me down and kick my ass if I gave up

Kathianne
02-08-2009, 03:11 PM
Well sir, it's about time! Great news!

hjmick
02-08-2009, 03:12 PM
Good news indeed, R. Keep up the good fight.

red states rule
02-08-2009, 03:15 PM
Good news indeed, R. Keep up the good fight.

Not out of the woods yet. The DR said most colon cancer comes back in the first 2 years after treatment

I will have blood work done every other month, and other frequent tests to keep tabs on the cancer

Thanks Kat for all your words of encouragement

Yurt
02-08-2009, 03:24 PM
hopefully your situation stays the course and you don't go back in the woods

Mr. P
02-08-2009, 04:12 PM
EXCELLENT!!!! :thumb:

crin63
02-08-2009, 04:16 PM
THATS GREAT RED! That's the best news I heard all week.

red states rule
02-08-2009, 04:19 PM
Yurt, Mr P, and Crin - thank you. The only good thing is I lost ALOT of weight, now I have to keep it off

Going back to work will help in that deptartment.

Jeff
02-08-2009, 04:47 PM
RSR that's great news , I wish ya nothing but the best !!

red states rule
02-08-2009, 04:54 PM
RSR that's great news , I wish ya nothing but the best !!

Thank you Jeff. The same goes for you and your family as well.

Abbey Marie
02-08-2009, 07:34 PM
http://www.dreamstime.com/jump-for-joy-thumb1938822.jpg

http://www.stoneartandsigns.com/images/Go%20Shopping/2007-08/praise_God.JPG

red states rule
02-08-2009, 07:39 PM
Many thanks Abbey. You have been a wonderful friend thru all of this

Immanuel
02-08-2009, 07:39 PM
I sincerely pray that in two years you will inform us that there is still no sign of a return of the cancer and that you will still be fighting the good fight here on dp.com.

God Bless you RSR.

Immie

red states rule
02-08-2009, 07:40 PM
I sincerely pray that in two years you will inform us that there is still no sign of a return of the cancer and that you will still be fighting the good fight here on dp.com.

God Bless you RSR.

Immie

Thank you Immie

May God bless you and your family as well

Yurt
02-08-2009, 08:00 PM
Yurt, Mr P, and Crin - thank you. The only good thing is I lost ALOT of weight, now I have to keep it off

Going back to work will help in that deptartment.

i hear spam and eggs are a great way to lose weight :laugh2:

red states rule
02-08-2009, 08:04 PM
i hear spam and eggs are a great way to lose weight :laugh2:

I hope you will never know it Yurt, but going thru chemo is btter then Nutri System

Now that I will be out of the house, and being active - the weight will stay off

I have made changes to my diet and eliminated many things

Little-Acorn
02-08-2009, 08:08 PM
EXCELLENT news, the best there could be.

Hang in there, RSR.

red states rule
02-08-2009, 08:13 PM
EXCELLENT news, the best there could be.

Hang in there, RSR.

You can count of that Little Acorn, and thank you

dan
02-08-2009, 08:30 PM
Great news, RSR!:cheers2:

manu1959
02-08-2009, 10:37 PM
brilliant news......i am very happy for you.....

moderate democrat
02-08-2009, 10:41 PM
good luck rsr... I hope that you beat the odds and that the cancer does not return.

Yurt
02-09-2009, 12:07 AM
I hope you will never know it Yurt, but going thru chemo is btter then Nutri System

Now that I will be out of the house, and being active - the weight will stay off

I have made changes to my diet and eliminated many things

i am big believer in juicers...i swear making your own fresh juice, carrot, tomato, etc is simply awesome for your body. with some wheatgrass (need a champion like juicer) and i get a buzz

yes, "wheat"grass....

red states rule
02-09-2009, 07:58 AM
i am big believer in juicers...i swear making your own fresh juice, carrot, tomato, etc is simply awesome for your body. with some wheatgrass (need a champion like juicer) and i get a buzz

yes, "wheat"grass....

Not much of a juice drinker. Some orange juice every once in awhile. I do drink alot of water now (I have all but cut out soda)

I do not drink coffee either

Kathianne
02-09-2009, 08:05 AM
I'm with Yurt. Been making smoothies and juice blends for a long time. Wheatgrass is good. I love 'purple' smoothie:

Lots of blueberries, raspberries, strawberries, banana, vanilla yogurt, bit of vanilla, cranberry juice. Mmm mm.

Do the same with my soups, but with veggies instead of fruit. Well tomatoes are a fruit. LOL!

red states rule
02-09-2009, 08:08 AM
I'm with Yurt. Been making smoothies and juice blends for a long time. Wheatgrass is good. I love 'purple' smoothie:

Lots of blueberries, raspberries, strawberries, banana, vanilla yogurt, bit of vanilla, cranberry juice. Mmm mm.

Do the same with my soups, but with veggies instead of fruit. Well tomatoes are a fruit. LOL!

On of the diet changes I have made is more soup. I will try some different types of juice and see what I like

Thanks for the suggestions guys - I will try them

actsnoblemartin
02-09-2009, 03:02 PM
im so happy ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GfPg5LjGYz8

After many tests and recent blood work, my Dr told me my cancer is now in remission. After 2 years if the cancer does not come back - he will consider me cured

My lower abdominal pain is all but gone, and the Dr has given me permission to go back to work on the 16th

I want to thank everyone for all the PM's asking how I am doing, and all the kind words of encouragement I have gotten

CockySOB
02-10-2009, 11:02 PM

Congrats, brother!