PDA

View Full Version : We're screwed....

PostmodernProphet
02-10-2009, 01:13 PM
The final vote was 61 in favor and 37 opposed. The same three GOP senators who helped the bill survive a key test vote Monday -- Sens. Susan Collins, Olympia Snowe and Arlen Specter --

http://www.cnn.com/2009/POLITICS/02/10/stimulus.next/

Trigg
02-10-2009, 01:22 PM
idiots

I was hoping the GOP would keep it together.

Joe Steel
02-10-2009, 01:29 PM
The People have spoken.

And despite your dismay, you'll be included in the bright new future coming.

Nukeman
02-10-2009, 01:30 PM
The People have spoken.

BS if the people had spoken then this would not have passed.

Immanuel
02-10-2009, 01:30 PM
Yeah, and catch this one:

http://apnews.myway.com/article/20090210/D968Q97G0.html

That plan includes a public-private partnership of over $1 trillion to help strengthen banks. Added to the congressional stimulus plan, which aims to get Americans spending again, the total of the combined efforts could easily pass $2 trillion.

It looks like now he's seeking another Trillion.

Immie

Nukeman
02-10-2009, 01:32 PM
the people have spoken.

only 26% of eligible voters voted for obama.. Yaa "the people" my ass...................

Trigg
02-10-2009, 01:33 PM
The People have spoken.

I can't wait, yyyyyyaaaaaaa inflation :lame2:

This will help as much as the previous 3 spending bills passed by Bush. ZIP, ZILCH, NADA, NOTHING.

Abbey Marie
02-10-2009, 03:48 PM
I'm sure gonna miss the USA. We should make this Federal holiday. We can call it "We Destroyed America Day"

We should give this new country a new name.

Nukeman
02-10-2009, 04:05 PM
I'm sure gonna miss the USA. We should make this Federal holiday. We can call it "We Destroyed America Day"

How about the Depressed Inflationary States that used to be America

Mr. P
02-10-2009, 04:32 PM

A couple suggestions:

1. Broke

2. History

Kathianne
02-10-2009, 06:05 PM
Yeah, and catch this one:

http://apnews.myway.com/article/20090210/D968Q97G0.html

It looks like now he's seeking another Trillion.

Immie

The markets really, really did not like this. Dow -4.6/Nasdaq -4.2

Classact
02-10-2009, 06:24 PM
I can't wait, yyyyyyaaaaaaa inflation :lame2:

This will help as much as the previous 3 spending bills passed by Bush. ZIP, ZILCH, NADA, NOTHING.These assholes need to let the banks go bankrupt! This stimulus package will cause inflation and my bet is that a gallon of milk will be $9 and a loaf of bread $4.50 by 2012. For a distraction I guess we'll be in war.

Kathianne
02-10-2009, 06:59 PM
I have to agree with CA. My friend's dad owned a bank that went to the wayside in January. Her dad is a great guy, he employed me for a couple years, when I really needed some money. But the bank made many a bad loan and the feds bought what they couldn't sell of to another bank in the area.

Guess what? That bank is now offering positions to her dad, brother, sister, cousin....

April15
02-10-2009, 07:15 PM
You see it as a bad thing and I and friends see it as a plus. This nation could not long endure the harm done by the republicans so it is fitting that a dem take the helm of this ship to right it and get set for better things. Without the change this nation would fall to greed and lack of ethical authority!

Immanuel
02-10-2009, 07:50 PM
You see it as a bad thing and I and friends see it as a plus. This nation could not long endure the harm done by the republicans so it is fitting that a dem take the helm of this ship to right it and get set for better things. Without the change this nation would fall to greed and lack of ethical authority!

I can agree that the Republicans capsized the ship, but this spending bill is not going to right the ship. More likely it is going to open all the water tight doors and finish the job of sinking the ship.

Immie

PostmodernProphet
02-10-2009, 07:59 PM

/boggle......if there is "harm done by the Republicans", it is overspending.....today, the Democrats doubled the "harm done by the Republicans" and announced their intent to double it again......I can see why you see it as a plus.....I'm just worried we will see as a multiplier....

02-10-2009, 08:23 PM
The People have spoken.

Debt isnt a healthy future. There is nothing good about enslaving ourselves to foreign interests so the politicians to pay their interest groups off.

02-10-2009, 08:25 PM

And yet all the harms Republicans were doing are being magnified by the Democrats. Thats brilliant.

You spent too much money! So we are going to spend more!

Simply brilliant.

April15
02-10-2009, 08:26 PM
I can agree that the Republicans capsized the ship, but this spending bill is not going to right the ship. More likely it is going to open all the water tight doors and finish the job of sinking the ship.

ImmieAs no one has the answer we will have to see just what does come of this "plan".

April15
02-10-2009, 08:29 PM
And yet all the harms Republicans were doing are being magnified by the Democrats. Thats brilliant.

You spent too much money! So we are going to spend more!

Simply brilliant.I disagree! The harm imposed by republicans was giving corporations welfare. This is still a nation of the people by the people and for the people. No mention of corporations or big business there.

Classact
02-10-2009, 08:33 PM
As no one has the answer we will have to see just what does come of this "plan".I still have my fingers crossed the stimulus plan will fail in the conference committee. If no Republican will vote for it in the House then they could have a problem with some of the Blue Dog Democrats if they leave some of the changes made by the Senate and if they change the Senate version too much they lose the only three Republicans. I'd love to see this thing fail on Democratic votes in the HOuse!

Mr. P
02-10-2009, 08:37 PM

Does this mean you'll pay income taxes now?

Immanuel
02-10-2009, 08:48 PM
Debt isnt a healthy future. There is nothing good about enslaving ourselves to foreign interests so the politicians to pay their interest groups off.

Technically, we are enslaving our grandchildren and great grandchildren. Okay from some it might be great-great grandchildren.

As no one has the answer we will have to see just what does come of this "plan".

I can only pray that God in his infinite wisdom pulls the spending bill out for us. Whether he defeats the bill in Congress or it be the right thing and it works. I don't like what I see, but Thank God, I can't see the future.

Immie

Kathianne
02-10-2009, 08:49 PM
I still have my fingers crossed the stimulus plan will fail in the conference committee. If no Republican will vote for it in the House then they could have a problem with some of the Blue Dog Democrats if they leave some of the changes made by the Senate and if they change the Senate version too much they lose the only three Republicans. I'd love to see this thing fail on Democratic votes in the HOuse!

I understand, but it won't. Not one Republican, much less a Blue Dog have spoken out about the welfare change or the inclusion of health care. It's signed, sealed, and delivered. I can tell my grandchildren, I tried.

02-10-2009, 08:55 PM
I disagree! The harm imposed by republicans was giving corporations welfare. This is still a nation of the people by the people and for the people. No mention of corporations or big business there.

So giving corporations money is bad. Giving non-profits which produce absolutely nothing in revenues is good. Got ya.

02-10-2009, 08:56 PM
As no one has the answer we will have to see just what does come of this "plan".

You may not have the answer. The rest of us on the other hand have been educated.

April15
02-10-2009, 08:59 PM
So giving corporations money is bad. Giving non-profits which produce absolutely nothing in revenues is good. Got ya.You are so clear on this!

April15
02-10-2009, 09:00 PM
You may not have the answer. The rest of us on the other hand have been educated.Being educated still allows one to be stupid.

emmett
02-10-2009, 09:35 PM
General Quarters mates....... Set Condition Dog Zebra throughout the ship!

Kathianne
02-10-2009, 09:38 PM
Being educated still allows one to be stupid.

Although not as easily as this excuse for a call out.