PDA

View Full Version : Assault weapons nobody mentions...

darin
02-10-2009, 02:07 PM
I demand a ban on assault - cutlery.

After all, who NEEDS a 10” long knife? Nobody needs a diamond-cut blade on a knife – much less a handle that doubles as a compass. Do people not realize that even the cheapest knife can penetrate POLICE BODY ARMOR?! We need to keep these instruments of death OUT of the hands of the general public. Can you imagine what would happen if a CHILD had access to one of these Cop-Killer knifes and cut him or herself? We must protect our children and our very society from these military-style knives. Further, Shun and Wüsthof and other manufacturers should be held accountable for their cutlery causing the deaths of untold thousands each year. I propose a 5-day ‘cooling off’ period before buying any sort of cutting or chopping instrument to include wood chippers. Anyone can walk into ANY WALMART and buy a knife capable of cutting the head off another person. We must put an END to these potential crimes.

Trigg
02-10-2009, 02:16 PM

After all, who NEEDS a 10” long knife? Nobody needs a diamond-cut blade on a knife – much less a handle that doubles as a compass. Do people not realize that even the cheapest knife can penetrate POLICE BODY ARMOR?! We need to keep these instruments of death OUT of the hands of the general public. Can you imagine what would happen if a CHILD had access to one of these Cop-Killer knifes and cut him or herself? We must protect our children and our very society from these military-style knives. Further, Shun and Wüsthof and other manufacturers should be held accountable for their cutlery causing the deaths of untold thousands each year. I propose a 5-day ‘cooling off’ period before buying any sort of cutting or chopping instrument to include wood chippers. Anyone can walk into ANY WALMART and buy a knife capable of cutting the head off another person. We must put an END to these potential crimes.

psssssst Don't give them any ideas

DannyR
02-10-2009, 04:37 PM
Anyone can walk into ANY WALMART and buy a knife capable of cutting the head off another person. But can it still slice a tomato afterward?

Nukeman
02-10-2009, 05:21 PM
But can it still slice a tomato afterward?

only if its a ginsu knife............:coffee:

Mr. P
02-10-2009, 05:50 PM
only if its a ginsu knife............:coffee:

Beat me to it! :beer:

bullypulpit
02-11-2009, 11:21 AM

I use a 10" chef's knife on a regular basis, for it's intended purpose. I always carry at least two blades, one a custom made <a href=http://www.hideawayknife.com/model.php>HideAwayKnife</a> and a <a href=http://www.crkt.com/>CRKT</a> M16-01K, and never used them as anything other than utility. Never had to use them defensively.

It is important to note that many localities have size limits, generally less than 3.5 inches, on the blades once can legally carry concealed. And unless you know how to use them, they're a bigger threat to your own person than to an opponent.

red states rule
02-11-2009, 11:35 AM
But can it still slice a tomato afterward?

If the knife is part of the OJ Simpson Collection it can slice anything

emmett
02-11-2009, 11:39 AM

Not to mention we need to make it law that these items be kept in a locking knifesafe, AND.... it be required that blade locks be installed on them so as not to be used by children. These items are much more dangerous than guns as they usually readily available in an accesible kitchen drawer.

Better yet, I think the government should convinscate these items for the common good. There is nothing in the US Constitution that affords the rights of citizens to own these dangerous items. Also, I think housewives throughout the country should have to forego background checks before being allowed to purchase these dangerous "weapons of destruction", in addition to a five day cooling off period. Democrats could legislate an exception for childless households however!

I also think we should take a closer look at other household weapons, such as baseball bats, pizza cutters, garlic choppers and other potentially dangerous items. These manufacturers should definitely be held accountable when their irresponsible production habits lead to these items ending up inj the hands of a child who hurts themselves or they are used in a crime. Hammers, nails, tire irons, nailfiles and saw blades should receive attention as well. What a dangerous society we live in.

red states rule
02-11-2009, 11:44 AM
Not to mention we need to make it law that these items be kept in a locking knifesafe, AND.... it be required that blade locks be installed on them so as not to be used by children. These items are much more dangerous than guns as they usually readily available in an accesible kitchen drawer.

Better yet, I think the government should convinscate these items for the common good. There is nothing in the US Constitution that affords the rights of citizens to own these dangerous items. Also, I think housewives throughout the country should have to forego background checks before being allowed to purchase these dangerous "weapons of destruction", in addition to a five day cooling off period. Democrats could legislate an exception for childless households however!

I also think we should take a closer look at other household weapons, such as baseball bats, pizza cutters, garlic choppers and other potentially dangerous items. These manufacturers should definitely be held accountable when their irresponsible production habits lead to these items ending up inj the hands of a child who hurts themselves or they are used in a crime. Hammers, nails, tire irons, nailfiles and saw blades should receive attention as well. What a dangerous society we live in.

and you can't forget training classes on how to use these dangerous sometimes deadly instruments

These training classes must be completed and only then can you be certified, and have authorization to use them. However, carrying them is another story. Some cities may deem them to dangerous and make you check them with the Police when you enter the city

DragonStryk72
02-11-2009, 05:35 PM
I use a 10" chef's knife on a regular basis, for it's intended purpose. I always carry at least two blades, one a custom made <a href=http://www.hideawayknife.com/model.php>HideAwayKnife</a> and a <a href=http://www.crkt.com/>CRKT</a> M16-01K, and never used them as anything other than utility. Never had to use them defensively.

It is important to note that many localities have size limits, generally less than 3.5 inches, on the blades once can legally carry concealed. And unless you know how to use them, they're a bigger threat to your own person than to an opponent.

Change every knife reference there to a gun reference in you argument, and you have the conservative anti-gun control argument.

bullypulpit
02-11-2009, 06:34 PM
Guns...knives...It's the use they are put to that makes the difference. Failure to use them responsibly or in the commission of a crime is the fault of the individual, not the weapon. There are plenty of laws on the books to take care of criminals or the irresponsible.

Although, I never used an AK-47 on full auto to take down a deer. One shot is all I ever needed.

crin63
02-11-2009, 07:33 PM
Lets not forget a ban on high capacity butcher blocks. All those extra knives are just not necessary, after all you can only use 1 knife at a time. I have never needed more than 1 blade at a time while I was slicing up an apple.

1 blade, 1 slice!

johnney
02-11-2009, 08:31 PM
Well you know Darin, knives have another purpose other than hacking someones head off (or so it was brought to my attention about banning trucks what someone could use to run people over)... not that the thought doesnt enter my head five or six times a day. 50