PDA

View Full Version : Schumer: “The American people really don’t care” about pork

red states rule
02-10-2009, 02:43 PM
The arrogance of this man is amazing

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/JEfICUoWKBw&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&feature=player_embedded&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/JEfICUoWKBw&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&feature=player_embedded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

red states rule
02-10-2009, 04:07 PM
Some of the pork Schumer says we chould not care about

$300 million for electric golf carts

$13. 9 billion for pell grants

$650 milion for digital TV coupons

Any comments?

Abbey Marie
02-10-2009, 04:17 PM
Red, I'm too scared/sad to comment.

red states rule
02-10-2009, 04:19 PM
Red, I'm too scared/sad to comment.

The allow me Abbey

This is not the largest spending bill ever passed in the history of the US

It is the largest theft of taxpayer money in the history of the US

moderate democrat
02-10-2009, 04:41 PM
why would you have a problem with pell grants?

why did you have a problem with interstate bridge construction?

red states rule
02-10-2009, 04:44 PM

Pell grants will really jolt the economy and put alot of people to work :rolleyes:

moderate democrat
02-10-2009, 05:01 PM
Pell grants will really jolt the economy and put alot of people to work :rolleyes:

they create economic activity AND economic opportunity.

I noticed you dodged the question about the bridge.

red states rule
02-10-2009, 05:04 PM
they create economic activity AND economic opportunity.

I noticed you dodged the question about the bridge.

How many jobs are "created" by pell grants?

as far as bridge construction - when will the work begin? Considering most of this so called stimulus will not happen until 2010 - not much of a stimulus

Then we have these job creators

$87 billion for Medicare outlays and related spending

$20 billion toward nutrition assistance program (food stamps)

$2.8 billion to expand broadband Internet service in rural areas

$4 billion for programs “to develop rural communities…”

$150 million for hioney bee insurance

Seems you love the liberal pork, and do not care how much taxpayer money is flushed down the toilet

actsnoblemartin
02-10-2009, 05:09 PM
arrogance is a political virtue :lol:

The arrogance of this man is amazing

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/JEfICUoWKBw&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&feature=player_embedded&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/JEfICUoWKBw&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&feature=player_embedded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

red states rule
02-10-2009, 05:10 PM
arrogance is a political virtue :lol:

With the likes of Chucky, arrogance is as common as breathing

actsnoblemartin
02-10-2009, 05:16 PM
I have NEVER liked chucky.

even with my new political affiliation, as ive always said. I call um as i seem um, and a rat is a rat is a rat

:beer:

With the likes of Chucky, arrogance is as common as breathing

red states rule
02-10-2009, 05:22 PM
I have NEVER liked chucky.

even with my new political affiliation, as ive always said. I call um as i seem um, and a rat is a rat is a rat

:beer:

Whenever I see Chucky, I remember how he demanded a Federal investigation into cereal prices back in the 90's

Yurt
02-10-2009, 05:55 PM

why don't you comment on the thread topic...

do americans really NOT care about pork? is this man telling the truth or lying?

DannyR
02-10-2009, 06:37 PM
do americans really NOT care about pork? is this man telling the truth or lying?He's telling the absolute truth. Americans don't care about pork. If they did, they would demand in overwhelming numbers for a balanced budget. They would have overwhelmingly kicked out all the current congressmen and replaced them with new members. None of that has occurred.

Fact of the matter is that people not only don't care about pork, they DEMAND it. Congressmen get elected by promising to bring federal dollars to their home states.

Its a sad sad system. The handful of people such as we have here on political boards don't represent the majority of Americans.

red states rule
02-10-2009, 06:38 PM
He's telling the absolute truth. Americans don't care about pork. If they did, they would demand in overwhelming numbers for a balanced budget. They would have overwhelmingly kicked out all the current congressmen and replaced them with new members. None of that has occurred.

Fact of the matter is that people not only don't care about pork, they DEMAND it. Congressmen get elected by promising to bring federal dollars to their home states.

Its a sad sad system.

Oh yea the people love this pork bill. That is why support for it is down to 39% and the Dow tanked nearly 400 points

Yurt
02-10-2009, 06:41 PM
He's telling the absolute truth. Americans don't care about pork. If they did, they would demand in overwhelming numbers for a balanced budget. They would have overwhelmingly kicked out all the current congressmen and replaced them with new members. None of that has occurred.

Its a sad sad system.

so because some americans want it, means all americans don't care...what horseshit...of course some americans want pork else there would be no need for pork, circular reasoning.

americans do care, you and your ilk are just not listening

red states rule
02-10-2009, 06:42 PM
so because some americans want it, means all americans don't care...what horseshit...of course some americans want pork else there would be no need for pork, circular reasoning.

americans do care, you and your ilk are just not listening

More of the job creators in the mega pork bill

The General Services Administration has issued a request for sources for a leased or to-beconstructed facility but will not proceed further without funding from HHS. The $88 million provided will cover fit-out and moving costs, including office furniture. Agency budgets will cover the cost of the lease for the new facility.

Training for Primary Care Physicians and Nurses Recovery funding: $600 million A key component of attaining universal health care reform will be ensuring the supply of primary health care providers – family medicine, internal medicine, pediatricians, dentists, and nurses. Funding for health professions training for these disciplines has withered in the past decade.

Children and Families Services Programs - Head Start/Early Head Start Recovery funding: $2.1 billion Head Start provides comprehensive education, health and nutrition, and social/emotional development services to help ensure that low-income children can succeed in school.

http://libertymaven.com/2009/01/28/pork-galore-obamas-stimulus-bill-does-little-to-stimulate-the-economy/4159/

DannyR
02-10-2009, 06:43 PM
Oh yea the people love this pork bill. That is why support for it is down to 39% and the Dow tanked nearly 400 pointsAnd what are they going to do about it? Nothing. In fact, most of the ones saying they hate pork will go right out and re-elect the very people who voted it in.

How many of them are calling their representatives and saying "Hey, don't ask for any money for our state!"

Every time one of these gigantic spending bills comes around, there is a bit of a stir, and then all is forgiven. Thats not really caring about pork in my opinion.

americans do care, you and your ilk are just not listeningThey don't care enough to actually DO anything about it. Bitching and moaning will last a few days, then go away. Politicians know this.

red states rule
02-10-2009, 06:45 PM
And what are they going to do about it? Nothing. In fact, most of the ones saying they hate pork will go right out and re-elect the very people who voted it in.

How many of them are calling their representatives and saying "Hey, don't ask for any money for our state!"

Every time one of these gigantic spending bills comes around, there is a bit of a stir, and then all is forgiven. Thats not really caring about pork in my opinion.

and when this piece of crap bill makes things worse who will the Dems blame? They own it since few Republicans voted for it

But the Dems and their many supporters in the liberal media will try to pass the buck to Pres Bush, the minority Republicans, or say enough money was not spent

DannyR
02-10-2009, 06:49 PM
and when this piece of crap bill makes things worse who will the Dems blame? They own it since few Republicans voted for it

But the Dems and their many supporters in the liberal media will try to pass the buck to Pres Bush, the minority Republicans, or say enough money was not spentOf course they will. Thats the nature of politics. Its the nature of the beast that each party blames the other.

But thats a bit off topic. This topic is about who the voters will actually blame. I think we'll see very little debate about this "stimulus" package come the mid-term elections next year.

red states rule
02-10-2009, 06:50 PM
Of course they will. Thats the nature of politics. Its the nature of the beast that each party blames the other.

But thats a bit off topic. This topic is about who the voters will actually blame. I think we'll see very little debate about this "stimulus" package come the mid-term elections next year.

No, the topic is how Dems are pissing through trillions of taxpayer dollars.

Kathianne
02-10-2009, 06:52 PM
Of course they will. Thats the nature of politics. Its the nature of the beast that each party blames the other.

Wanna bet? If I'm right, I get to choose your avatar for a week. Ditto in reverse.

DannyR
02-10-2009, 06:54 PM
No, the topic is how Dems are pissing through trillions of taxpayer dollars.Since you are republican, certainly. How much did you bitch about wasteful spending during Bush's term? Somehow, I don't think you cared much about pork then. Its suddenly an issue since Jan 20th.

red states rule
02-10-2009, 06:58 PM
Since you are republican, certainly. How much did you bitch about wasteful spending during Bush's term? Somehow, I don't think you cared much about pork then. Its suddenly an issue since Jan 20th.

You are wrong. I am a conservative - not a Republican.I spoke out about the spending of Republicnas, and the lacks of vetos by Prss Bush

Of course, Dems did say they were bringing change, Pelsoi promised no pork in the bill - as did Obama

I guess it depends on what the meaning of "change" and "pork" is

Kathianne
02-10-2009, 07:02 PM
Since you are republican, certainly. How much did you bitch about wasteful spending during Bush's term? Somehow, I don't think you cared much about pork then. Its suddenly an issue since Jan 20th.

Wrong for me:

http://debatepolicy.com/showthread.php?p=76628&highlight=Porkbusters#post76628

Others:

http://debatepolicy.com/search.php?searchid=486401

DannyR
02-10-2009, 07:03 PM
You are wrong. I am a conservative - not a Republican.I spoke out about the spending of Republicnas, and the lacks of vetos by Prss BushGlad to hear it. Shame more people weren't like you. But again, I think people like you and me who complain about wanton spending are a minority. The public may bitch, but they don't really care.

red states rule
02-10-2009, 07:05 PM
Glad to hear it. Shame more people weren't like you. But again, I think people like you and me who complain about wanton spending are a minority. The public may bitch, but they don't really care.

That is why Obama, the Eems, and liberal meida wanted this thing passed so quickly. Also why they want the Fairness Doctrine so what is in the bill will not be told to the public

But the debate is not over. The bill no goes to committee and the three RINO Senators who voted for it will here from the voters

DannyR
02-10-2009, 07:13 PM
and the three RINO Senators who voted for it will here from the voters

I'm willing to bet these three senators will be well rewarded with spending geared toward their states since they are willing to work with dems, and their constituents will re-elect them for it.

manu1959
02-10-2009, 10:40 PM
pork is simply bribery......give me 20 mill and i will vote for your bill......they should all bein jail for this behaviour.....

Kathianne
02-10-2009, 10:44 PM
pork is simply bribery......give me 20 mill and i will vote for your bill......they should all bein jail for this behaviour.....

If someone gives me $20k, I WILL vote the way they want. Promise. Of course I'm honest, wouldn't do different.

PostmodernProphet
02-11-2009, 08:09 AM
Glad to hear it. Shame more people weren't like you. But again, I think people like you and me who complain about wanton spending are a minority. The public may bitch, but they don't really care.

just out of curiosity, how many congressional Democrats voted against any of those wanton Bush spending sprees.....all I recall are Democrats complaining how the budgets "cut" spending on this or that......

PostmodernProphet
02-11-2009, 08:11 AM
If someone gives me $20k, I WILL vote the way they want. Promise. Of course I'm honest, wouldn't do different.

I have more integrity than that.....I will TELL people I will vote their way for $20k......it is a secret ballot, of course......hey, I didn't say I had ALL the integrity, just more.....

red states rule
02-11-2009, 08:12 AM
just out of curiosity, how many congressional Democrats voted against any of those wanton Bush spending sprees.....all I recall are Democrats complaining how the budgets "cut" spending on this or that......

In most cases no government program never gets a real cut in its budget. They may get a slower rate of growth - and that is what liberals call a cut

They ignore the fact MORE money is being given to fund the program, but since it is not as much as Dems wanted - that is called a draconian cut

Yurt
02-11-2009, 09:15 AM

:clap::clap:

DannyR
02-11-2009, 09:36 AM
just out of curiosity, how many congressional Democrats voted against any of those wanton Bush spending sprees.....all I recall are Democrats complaining how the budgets "cut" spending on this or that......Not enough.