PDA

View Full Version : Hysteria over guns rising to amazing heights in UK

Little-Acorn
02-10-2009, 03:06 PM
Government can handle gun issues much better than regular people can. Remember that.

An especially striking part of this report, to me, is that apparently in England you have to CALL THE POLICE if you're planning to have a party where TOY guns will be present.

-----------------------------------

British Police Raid Cowboy-Themed Party Thinking Guns Are Real

Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Guests of a wild west-themed costume party got a scare when a posse of armed police officers stormed into the hootenanny thinking toy guns carried by partygoers were real, several British media outlets reported.

The festivities were held Saturday by Roy and Val Worthington of Leicestershire, England, to celebrate their 25th wedding anniversary. But the celebration quickly turned into a disaster when three police cars and a helicopter showed up to investigate, the BBC reported.

"It was a bit over the top with the helicopter," Roy Worthington told the BBC.

The Leicestershire Police Department, however, defended the party crashing.

“We have a duty to treat all reports of firearms as genuine,” a police spokeswoman told the Daily Mail newspaper.

In an interview with the BBC, Val Worthington claimed that she had called police last November to notify them that some of her guests may be carrying toy guns.

Noir
02-10-2009, 03:14 PM
it's the fault of whoever reported it, once it was reported the police would have to have followed a clear set of rules, while it looks daft now, if that had of been a house full of folk with guns then it would have been the necessary response. What I wana know is how a neighbour (for I assume it was one that called the police) got it so wrong.

Monkeybone
02-10-2009, 03:15 PM
Do a lot of ppl also dress up as cowboys?

Little-Acorn
02-10-2009, 03:37 PM
if that had of been a house full of folk with guns then it would have been the necessary response.

Huh?

More than once I've had some friends over, often after an afternoon at the range, and we've laid out our guns and cleaned them. It often turns into a discussion of guns, who likes what kind, etc., and we often bring guns that don't need cleaning so we can compare notes. Sometimes we do the same with cars, or bicycles, or model airplanes.

Mr. Noir, I know you aren't from around here. But can you please explain to me why police would "necessarily" have to "respond" to this, by breaking down my door and raiding my house, with close air support provided by a helicopter?

What I wana know is how a neighbour (for I assume it was one that called the police) got it so wrong.
Maybe because the neighbor's response to "a house full of folk with guns", as he apparently thought he saw, was as ridiculously hysterical as yours?

Noir
02-11-2009, 04:23 AM
@LA

The difference is that it is legal in your country.

And I guess you are right about the neighbout, inwhich case the story is little more than a mistake.

crin63
02-11-2009, 10:36 AM
I cant help but think that this is where we are headed in this country.

With all the hysterics about guns already I always expect a police raid before or after an outing to the range when I am carrying my guns back and forth to my truck. The leftist loons have so villainized guns that people are becoming hysterical freaks at the mention or sight of guns.

johnney
02-11-2009, 08:47 PM
I cant help but think that this is where we are headed in this country.

With all the hysterics about guns already I always expect a police raid before or after an outing to the range when I am carrying my guns back and forth to my truck. The leftist loons have so villainized guns that people are becoming hysterical freaks at the mention or sight of guns.

and its kind of sickening. if people would realize that guns are inanimate no more capable of killing someone that a bat, unless handled by someone. they arent going to suddenly jump up and start firing on their own.