PDA

View Full Version : we won the war, lets ...

actsnoblemartin
02-10-2009, 05:08 PM
prepare for probable war with iran

5stringJeff
02-10-2009, 08:03 PM
As a Democrat who recently was a Libertarian, why would you want to go to war?

DannyR
02-10-2009, 08:34 PM
Most likely scenario is we target the nuke site and blast it to oblivion. I don't see a ground war with Iran anytime in the future unless Iran does something stupid and invades someone else first.

And if we don't act, I have no doubt Israel will take the initiative and do it themselves before Iran reaches nuclear capability.

Kathianne
02-10-2009, 08:54 PM
Most likely scenario is we target the nuke site and blast it to oblivion. I don't see a ground war with Iran anytime in the future unless Iran does something stupid and invades someone else first.

And if we don't act, I have no doubt Israel will take the initiative and do it themselves before Iran reaches nuclear capability.

Right. The Iranians are fools, contrary to all we've heard reported on their hardened sites. They are Muslims, thus they'll roll over, now that Obama is leading the march.

DannyR
02-10-2009, 09:12 PM
Right. The Iranians are fools, contrary to all we've heard reported on their hardened sites. They are Muslims, thus they'll roll over, now that Obama is leading the march.Not certain what point you are trying to make. Your sarcasm seems to indicate you disagree with me, but not certain on which part.

Do you think Obama would launch a preemptive strike using ground troops against Iran?

actsnoblemartin
02-10-2009, 09:29 PM
we dont have a choice, war with iran is inevitable.

As a Democrat who recently was a Libertarian, why would you want to go to war?

Kathianne
02-10-2009, 09:34 PM
Not certain what point you are trying to make. Your sarcasm seems to indicate you disagree with me, but not certain on which part.

Do you think Obama would launch a preemptive strike using ground troops against Iran?
Seems more what you assume, including success.

DannyR
02-10-2009, 10:21 PM
Seems more what you assume, including success.You don't think our bombers have the ability to blast any site they set their targets on to oblivion?

Even if you have a bunker so deep weapons can't reach it, you still have to have tunnels to the surface from that point. Thus even the most protected nuclear facility can be neutralized by the careful application of gently placed high explosives. ;)

emmett
02-10-2009, 10:25 PM
prepare for probable war with iran

:lol:

emmett
02-10-2009, 10:26 PM
You don't think our bombers have the ability to blast any site they set their targets on to oblivion?

Even if you have a bunker so deep weapons can't reach it, you still have to have tunnels to the surface from that point. Thus even the most protected nuclear facility can be neutralized by the careful application of gently placed high explosives. ;)

USS Ohio! (no reason to waste all that fuel flying around trying to find tunnels dude)

moderate democrat
02-10-2009, 10:34 PM
USS Ohio! (no reason to waste all that fuel flying around trying to find tunnels dude)

bingo.

Iran may parade a bunch or missiles around for public display, but four or five SSBNs could send Iran back to the stone age before breakfast tomorrow.

Kathianne
02-10-2009, 10:40 PM
bingo.

Iran may parade a bunch or missiles around for public display, but four or five SSBNs could send Iran back to the stone age before breakfast tomorrow.

Why would you wish stone age on a people? A people, that regardless of their leaders, have done nothing wrong. You are beyond redemption.

DannyR
02-10-2009, 10:41 PM
at least we're keeping it realistic. :poke:

I don't see Obama ever authorizing any nuclear attack. Dems were the primary opponents of developing even the tactical nuclear bunker busters.

DannyR
02-10-2009, 10:46 PM
Why would you wish stone age on a people? A people, that regardless of their leaders, have done nothing wrong. You are beyond redemption.On the other hand, any leader, even the worse tyrant, derives their power from the people, if only by the fact that they do not act to remove him.

I'd certainly hate Iran to be nuked. Its a rather beautiful country with some of the worlds oldest archaeology sites to be found anywhere.

moderate democrat
02-10-2009, 10:48 PM
Why would you wish stone age on a people? A people, that regardless of their leaders, have done nothing wrong. You are beyond redemption.

I would not wish any such fate on the Iranians or anyone else...but if they continue their march toward nuclear weapons and they make it clear that they will use them against Israel and the US, do you advocate doing nothing?

Kathianne
02-10-2009, 10:48 PM
On the other hand, any leader, even the worse tyrant, derives their power from the people, if only by the fact that they do not act to remove him.

I'd certainly hate Iran to be nuked. Its a rather beautiful country with some of the worlds oldest archaeology sites to be found anywhere.

You realize you said nothing?

DannyR
02-10-2009, 10:54 PM
Eh? Are you intentionally being difficult? I said something very specific. You stated:
a people, regardless of their leaders, have done nothing wrong. I very clearly pointed out that this is not entirely true. Ultimately all people are responsible for their leaders. By choosing NOT to act and throw them down they are allowing themselves to be ruled by tyrants. So yes, they have done something wrong, by not acting. Also Iran is powerless if its people are destroyed. Germany wasn't dangerous just because Hitler was in charge. Germany was dangerous because Hitler was in charge and people listened to him and did what he said. The very definition of a leader implies that he has people who follow. As long as the Iranian people obey their leaders and do what they are said, they are responsible for the actions and threats of their leader as well. In Iran's case, they actually voted the guy making most of the threats into power, so they can't exactly claim to have been forced into their present situation by a leader they could do nothing about.

Then I specifically said I'd hate for Iran to be nuked. I'd feel gosh darn bad about it even.