PDA

View Full Version : Obama blocks offshore drilling

red states rule
02-11-2009, 07:29 AM
Hope all of you enjoyed low gas prices. Obama and the Dems will make sure you pay more, drive less, and take public trasnportation

Whether you like it or not

He won, so he can do as he damn well pleases - remember?

Obama blocks offshore drilling

Facing gas prices near $4 a gallon and a pivotal national election, congressional Democrats allowed a ban on offshore drilling to lapse in September

But times change, and on Tuesday, the Obama administration - with gas prices roughly half what they were and many Democrats' having been swept into office - blocked offshore drilling plans put in place at the last minute by the Bush administration, including plans to open the national outer continental shelf for drilling.

Interior Department Secretary Ken Salazar also announced last week that his agency would block drilling on public lands in Utah, criticizing the Bush administration for releasing its offshore drilling plan just days before leaving office.

"It was a headlong rush of the worst kind," he said. "It was a process rigged to force hurried decisions based on bad information. It was a process tilted toward the usual energy players while renewable energy companies and the interests of American consumers and taxpayers were overlooked."

Mr. Salazar said he plans to hold four meetings nationwide as he considers how to rewrite the nation's five-year offshore drilling plan and has extended the public-comment period six months, pushing any action well into the fall.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2009/feb/11/drilling-ban-revisited/

Joe Steel
02-11-2009, 07:52 AM
Hope all of you enjoyed low gas prices. Obama and the Dems will make sure you pay more, drive less, and take public trasnportation

Whether you like it or not

He won, so he can do as he damn well pleases - remember?

Obama blocks offshore drilling

Facing gas prices near $4 a gallon and a pivotal national election, congressional Democrats allowed a ban on offshore drilling to lapse in September

But times change, and on Tuesday, the Obama administration - with gas prices roughly half what they were and many Democrats' having been swept into office - blocked offshore drilling plans put in place at the last minute by the Bush administration, including plans to open the national outer continental shelf for drilling.

Interior Department Secretary Ken Salazar also announced last week that his agency would block drilling on public lands in Utah, criticizing the Bush administration for releasing its offshore drilling plan just days before leaving office.

"It was a headlong rush of the worst kind," he said. "It was a process rigged to force hurried decisions based on bad information. It was a process tilted toward the usual energy players while renewable energy companies and the interests of American consumers and taxpayers were overlooked."

Mr. Salazar said he plans to hold four meetings nationwide as he considers how to rewrite the nation's five-year offshore drilling plan and has extended the public-comment period six months, pushing any action well into the fall.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2009/feb/11/drilling-ban-revisited/

Offshore drilling would do nothing in the near term to reduce gasoline prices. Developing other energy sources and resources will.

Yes we can!

red states rule
02-11-2009, 07:54 AM
Offshore drilling would do nothing in the near term to reduce gasoline prices. Developing other energy sources and resources will.

Yes we can!

Typical liberal logic on Obama's part. The economy is in trouble, the Dow is tanking after Tax Cheat Tim speaks, his mega pork bill will drive up the deficit, and now gas prices could go up as supply shrinks

Jimmy Carter must be very happy. Looks like he will not be considered the worst President ever - Obama is doing all he can to take the title from him

Joe Steel
02-11-2009, 08:04 AM
Typical liberal logic on Obama's part. The economy is in trouble,

Because of Conserverative economic policy. Obama is fixing it.

Yes we can!

...the Dow is tanking after Tax Cheat Tim speaks,

The market moves on myth. Obama is a straight-talker who can dispell myths.

Yes we can!

...his mega pork bill will drive up the deficit,

The Main Street Jobs Creation Act has not a penny of pork in it. True, it will be funded primarily by borrowing. The boom it creates, though, will generate plenty of revenue.

Yes we can!

...and now gas prices could go up as supply shrinks

The offshore drilling ban will not cause gasoline prices to increase and it could cause them to decrease by showing the oil producers we're serious about ending our dependence on oil.

Yes we can!

Jimmy Carter must be very happy. Looks like he will not be considered the worst President ever

In a world with a Regan and a Bush, Carter never was in danger. Obama, on the other hand, may challenge Franklin D. Roosevelt for the top spot. We'll have to wait and see.

I believe he can!

moderate democrat
02-11-2009, 08:21 AM
well said, Joe!

red states rule
02-11-2009, 08:31 AM
well said, Joe!

You are known by the company you keep. No wonder neither of you are taken very seriously

moderate democrat
02-11-2009, 08:33 AM
You are known by the company you keep. No wonder neither of you are taken very seriously

you don't take anyone seriously who does not bow down at the altar of conservatism.

party over country for you...all the way, all the time.

red states rule
02-11-2009, 08:37 AM
you don't take anyone seriously who does not bow down at the altar of conservatism.

party over country for you...all the way, all the time.

I use facts, logic, and reason

Being a liberal, you use emotion, insults, and irrational rants

As the economy tanks, Obama cuts off more supply of oil. That will cause gas prices to rise, the cost of everything to increase, and put a further squeeze on company's bottom lines

Great liberal economics there

moderate democrat
02-11-2009, 08:47 AM
I use facts, logic, and reason

:lol:

red states rule
02-11-2009, 08:48 AM
:lol:

Your debate skill are improving I see :rolleyes:

moderate democrat
02-11-2009, 09:12 AM
Your debate skill are improving I see :rolleyes:

you are too funny for words sometimes.

you use someone else's worn out talking points and try to pass them off as logic and reason.

you amuse me.:laugh2:

red states rule
02-11-2009, 09:14 AM
you are too funny for words sometimes.

you use someone else's worn out talking points and try to pass them off as logic and reason.

you amuse me.:laugh2:

Sure, let gas prices rise due to a reduction in supply. I am sure higher gas prices will hel the economy and put people to work

If there is something stupid Obama can do that will further harm the economy - you can count of him to do it

moderate democrat
02-11-2009, 09:17 AM
Sure, let gas prices rise due to a reduction in supply. I am sure higher gas prices will hel the economy and put people to work

If there is something stupid Obama can do that will further harm the economy - you can count of him to do it

stopping new offshore drilling will not REDUCE the supply...it will merely limit the places we can go to get INCREASED supply... and the president's green energy initiatives are designed to curb our appetite for increased oil supplies.

what WILL you republicans do if this stimulus package works? :lol:

red states rule
02-11-2009, 09:19 AM
stopping new offshore drilling will not REDUCE the supply...it will merely limit the places we can go to get INCREASED supply... and the president's green energy initiatives are designed to curb our appetite for increased oil supplies.

what WILL you republicans do if this stimulus package works? :lol:

The fact is, banning offshore drilling WILL decrease supply and drive gas prices up. Which will drive another nail in not only the coffin of the econiomy but Obama's Presidency as well

The mega pork package has no chance to work. If his polices were the correct ones, Cuba would be an economic superpower

No matter what happnes, YOU will not blame Obama and the Dems - you will go in full attack mode an blame everyone but them

moderate democrat
02-11-2009, 09:22 AM
The fact is, banning offshore drilling WILL decrease supply and drive gas prices up. Which will drive another nail in not only the coffin of the econiomy but Obama's Presidency as well

The mega pork package has no chance to work. If his polices were the correct ones, Cuba would be an economic superpower

No matter what happnes, YOU will not blame Obama and the Dems - you will go in full attack mode an blame everyone but them

not fact....only opinion.

and you failed to answer my question:

what WILL you republicans do if the stimulus package works?

red states rule
02-11-2009, 09:25 AM

It is economic fact. Look at how fast gas prices rose, then when the offshore bill was passed they dropped

Now we are heading into spring and summer, and Obama says "lets reduce the supply of oil"

I would be shocked if the mega pork, and multi trilion bank bailouts work - basic economics says they wil not

Dems are of course to nearly double the national debt in a short period of time - that will not help the recovery

moderate democrat
02-11-2009, 09:26 AM
It is economic fact. Look at how fast gas prices rose, then when the offshore bill was passed they dropped

Now we are heading into spring and summer, and Obama says "lets reduce the supply of oil"

I would be shocked if the mega pork, and multi trilion bank bailouts work - basic economics says they wil not

Dems are of course to nearly double the national debt in a short period of time - that will not help the recovery

preventing future drilling does NOT reduce current supply. that IS a fact. To suggest otherwise is a falsehood.

Mugged Liberal
02-11-2009, 09:27 AM
Offshore drilling is another of those rhetorical phrases that is thrown around helter skeltor without regard for reality.

What is needed is a thorough analysis of the possible sites for drilling. Some should be less environmentally harmful than others. We may find it necessary to do some drilling offshore which would satisfy neither extreme faction.

red states rule
02-11-2009, 09:29 AM
Offshore drilling is another of those rhetorical phrases that is thrown around helter skeltor without regard for reality.

What is needed is a thorough analysis of the possible sites for drilling. Some should be less environmentally harmful than others. We may find it necessary to do some drilling offshore which would satisfy neither extreme faction.

and here is one area where Dems say we can't drill

Massive Oil Deposit Could Increase US reserves by 10x
America is sitting on top of a super massive 200 billion barrel Oil Field that could potentially make America Energy Independent and until now has largely gone unnoticed. Thanks to new technology the Bakken Formation in North Dakota could boost America’s Oil reserves by an incredible 10 times, giving western economies the trump card against OPEC’s short squeeze on oil supply and making Iranian and Venezuelan threats of disrupted supply irrelevant.

In the next 30 days the USGS (U.S. Geological Survey) will release a new report giving an accurate resource assessment of the Bakken Oil Formation that covers North Dakota and portions of South Dakota and Montana. With new horizontal drilling technology it is believed that from 175 to 500 billion barrels of recoverable oil are held in this 200,000 square mile reserve that was initially discovered in 1951. The USGS did an initial study back in 1999 that estimated 400 billion recoverable barrels were present but with prices bottoming out at $10 a barrel back then the report was dismissed because of the higher cost of horizontal drilling techniques that would be needed, estimated at $20-$40 a barrel.

It was not until 2007, when EOG Resources of Texas started a frenzy when they drilled a single well in Parshal N.D. that is expected to yield 700,000 barrels of oil that real excitement and money started to flow in North Dakota. Marathon Oil is investing $1.5 billion and drilling 300 new wells in what is expected to be one of the greatest booms in Oil discovery since Oil was discovered in Saudi Arabia in 1938.

http://www.nextenergynews.com/news1/next-energy-news2.13s.html

Yurt
02-11-2009, 09:32 AM
preventing future drilling does NOT reduce current supply. that IS a fact. To suggest otherwise is a falsehood.

it affects FUTURES of oil :poke:

moderate democrat
02-11-2009, 09:33 AM
it affects FUTURES of oil :poke:

it does not reduce supply.:poke: :poke:

Yurt
02-11-2009, 09:34 AM

i'll but a second house in augusta maine and attend the south parish UCC congregational church and have dinner with rachel

Yurt
02-11-2009, 09:35 AM

what? if we ordered all new drilling to stop, that would not affect future supply?

moderate democrat
02-11-2009, 09:36 AM
i'll but a second house in augusta maine and attend the south parish UCC congregational church and have dinner with rachel

good for you. I don't know anything about that place... you do, however.... your folks live there, don't they? and your step dad eats mexican food there?

oh yes...and that former poster lived there as well...

yet another attempt to make the discussion about who you think I AM rather than what I have to say.

very lame.

moderate democrat
02-11-2009, 09:37 AM
what? if we ordered all new drilling to stop, that would not affect future supply?

FUTURE supply? It may or may not depending on what other oil producing nations decide to do with regards to their FUTURE output.. Current supply?not one bit.

Yurt
02-11-2009, 09:40 AM
FUTURE supply? It may or may not depending on what other oil producing nations decide to do with regards to their FUTURE output.. Current supply?not one bit.

lol, so you admit IT DOES affect supply....but you want to put america at risk by relying on other governments. i NEVER said it affects current supply, you are missing the whole concept of FUTURES. google it, because i am not doing your homework for you.

my statement is correct, but i won't expect you to be a man admit you are wrong that no drilling does not affect the price of oil futures, which will affect the CURRENT price. :poke:

moderate democrat
02-11-2009, 09:42 AM
lol, so you admit IT DOES affect supply....but you want to put america at risk by relying on other governments. i NEVER said it affects current supply, you are missing the whole concept of FUTURES. google it, because i am not doing your homework for you.

my statement is correct, but i won't expect you to be a man admit you are wrong that no drilling does not affect the price of oil futures, which will affect the CURRENT price. :poke:

I said nothing about current price...I said something about current supply. RSR said that banning future offshore drilling would reduce the supply of oil. I disagreed.

DO try to keep up.

red states rule
02-11-2009, 09:42 AM

I once took rachel out for dinner, and toasted her by saying "to the best women I ever had"

The waiter said she was the best he ever had as well

Noir
02-11-2009, 09:53 AM
If I may say, it's not like the oil is going to go anywhere, it is there and if not removed will stay there, not to mention that the longer it stays there the more valueable it will become. Now I don't think this is the reason that they are not drilling off shore, however, if obama is pres for 8 years and does not drill ofshore, would this not be preserving a valuble black goldmine in Americas back garden?

red states rule
02-11-2009, 09:55 AM
If I may say, it's not like the oil is going to go anywhere, it is there and if not removed will stay there, not to mention that the longer it stays there the more valueable it will become. Now I don't think this is the reason that they are not drilling off shore, however, if obama is pres for 8 years and does not drill ofshore, would this not be preserving a valuble black goldmine in Americas back garden?

In the meantime the supply decreases, and the price goes up. I guess this is both the change Obama promised, and liberal compassion

People wil pay more for gas, which is nothing more then another tax on theml

DannyR
02-11-2009, 09:57 AM
Massive Oil Deposit Could Increase US reserves by 10x
In the next 30 days the USGS (U.S. Geological Survey) will release a new report giving an accurate resource assessment of the Bakken Oil Formation that covers North Dakota and portions of South Dakota and Montana. With new horizontal drilling technology it is believed that from 175 to 500 billion barrels of recoverable oil are held in this 200,000 square mile reserve that was initially discovered in 1951.Ok, first of all, that was an old link, and also completely wrong, containing old and very hyped info that turned out to be false.

USGS survey officially estimates the Bakken area as holding only 4 billion gallons of technically recoverable oil, nowhere close to the 175-500 billion the hypester's were suggesting.

http://www.usgs.gov/newsroom/article.asp?ID=1911

This is still a lot more oil than the last official survey, but again, there was a lot of spin and hype about the Bakken range for a while a year or so ago that turned out to be just that. I think a lot of that hype was generated by some sort of investment scam taking advantage of all the drill here, drill now crowd hysteria.

http://www.snopes.com/politics/gasoline/bakken.asp

and here is one area where Dems say we can't drill

Really? Care to back that up? Do you have a link to a dem saying that?

Bakken is already tapped in multiple places, and most of it is under private ownership! There are already a LOT of wells there, with more wells being drilled. Problem there is NOT political pressure to my knowledge, but the fact that more advanced and costly methods of getting the oil out are required, thus making it profitable only when prices are higher. In 2007 over 5 million barrels of oil came out of the Bakken range.

Noir
02-11-2009, 10:04 AM
In the meantime the supply decreases, and the price goes up. I guess this is both the change Obama promised, and liberal compassion

People wil pay more for gas, which is nothing more then another tax on theml

Sure it'll hurt a little year on year, but if America can get by this hurt for 10-15 years it could be in an extremly strong position.

Yurt
02-11-2009, 10:05 AM
I said nothing about current price...I said something about current supply. RSR said that banning future offshore drilling would reduce the supply of oil. I disagreed.

DO try to keep up.

see, i told you that you know nothing about futures...i was talking about futures and you ignorantly said it does not affect current supply in opposition to my statement about oil futures...

and banning oil does REDUCE supply...if there is no oil left to replace that used now, guess what happens to supply...it vanishes

your argument is complete nonsense...why do you think paper companies and such plant trees where they cut trees down? to REPLACE the supply they cut...are you going to argue they should not replace the supply they cut because it does not affect CURRENT supply?

yes or no

red states rule
02-11-2009, 10:07 AM
Sure it'll hurt a little year on year, but if America can get by this hurt for 10-15 years it could be in an extremly strong position.

Gee, that real nice of you. Since you do not live here, and pay a huge price for gas since the government taxes the hell out of it

I have always marveled at how liberals can decide you can take the "hurt" and who can't

moderate democrat
02-11-2009, 10:12 AM
see, i told you that you know nothing about futures...i was talking about futures and you ignorantly said it does not affect current supply in opposition to my statement about oil futures...

and banning oil does REDUCE supply...if there is no oil left to replace that used now, guess what happens to supply...it vanishes

your argument is complete nonsense...why do you think paper companies and such plant trees where they cut trees down? to REPLACE the supply they cut...are you going to argue they should not replace the supply they cut because it does not affect CURRENT supply?

yes or no
review this thread. I was having a discussion with RSR about current supply and how preventing new offshore drilling does not affect current supply.

you jumped in at about post 20 talking about futures..and then about augusta maine and churches and some woman named rachel. your good friend and ally rsr then chimed in with even more tasteless information about this rachel person...

I made a statement about a point made by RSR.... you chimed in with that same weirdness and now expect me to respect your opinion and have a desire to continue this conversation after that? get real.

Noir
02-11-2009, 10:18 AM
Gee, that real nice of you. Since you do not live here, and pay a huge price for gas since the government taxes the hell out of it

I have always marveled at how liberals can decide you can take the "hurt" and who can't

I just see it as simple economics (though maybe to simple) but it makes sense. Some hurt for a large reward, or less hurt and no reward.

As for tax, yeah we pay about 8 times more tax than you guys, but we have stuff like NHS ect ect

The best soloution is to walk, I walk everywhere, and if I'm going more than 5 miles I have a bicycle, I think all too often people use a car out of lazyness and ease (that is not to say there are not times when they are needed) but it that's how they wana spend their money then fair enough, a one of payment of £50 a few years ago got me a bicycle that has gone far further than £50 of petrol could ever go.

red states rule
02-11-2009, 10:24 AM
I just see it as simple economics (though maybe to simple) but it makes sense. Some hurt for a large reward, or less hurt and no reward.

As for tax, yeah we pay about 8 times more tax than you guys, but we have stuff like NHS ect ect

The best soloution is to walk, I walk everywhere, and if I'm going more than 5 miles I have a bicycle, I think all too often people use a car out of lazyness and ease (that is not to say there are not times when they are needed) but it that's how they wana spend their money then fair enough, a one of payment of £50 a few years ago got me a bicycle that has gone far further than £50 of petrol could ever go.

Oh nyes Noir, and I see such mega enviro libs like Al Gore who walk, and take mass transit

I saw how 600 private jets flew into DC for the party on Jan 20

I saw pics of the 200 TONS of trash Obama lovers left behind on the Mall

We have billions of barrels of oil sitting in the ground, but libs would rathe rleave it there and have the people they claim to care about - pay more in gas

Meanwhile those same libs trun up the heat in winter, crank up the A/C in summer, ride in their limos, and fly around in their private jets - all while telling us we have to hurt a kittle for the common good

emmett
02-11-2009, 10:27 AM
review this thread. I was having a discussion with RSR about current supply and how preventing new offshore drilling does not affect current supply.

you jumped in at about post 20 talking about futures..and then about augusta maine and churches and some woman named rachel. your good friend and ally rsr then chimed in with even more tasteless information about this rachel person...

I made a statement about a point made by RSR.... you chimed in with that same weirdness and now expect me to respect your opinion and have a desire to continue this conversation after that? get real.

It is a debate board! :lol: You have some notion that when you make a baseless, lame ass point, which you did, that noone has the right to "chime in". Your jargin has reached all time entertainment levels. You have no interest in discussing anything.

As to your statement concerning Yurt. You couldn't shine that man's shoes boy!

I would like to have a debate with you concerning this subject. A one on one debate! You may put Joe Steel on private and the two of you can gang up on me, I'll slay you! I've forgotten more about oil, the market, research and technology than you will ever know! Say, Saturday morning, 10:00 am?

red states rule
02-11-2009, 10:28 AM
It is a debate board! :lol: You have some notion that when you make a baseless, lame ass point, which you did, that noone has the right to "chime in". Your jargin has reached all time entertainment levels. You have no interest in discussing anything.

I would like to have a debate with you concerning this subject. A one on one debate! You may put Joe Steel on private and the two of you can gang up on me, I'll slay you! I've forgotten more about oil, the market, research and technology than you will ever know! Say, Saturday morning, 10:00 am?

Reminds me of Vir - eh MFM. How about you Emmett?

Libs would rather high oil prices so they can push their green aganda and bash "Big Oil"

Yurt
02-11-2009, 10:50 AM

care to discuss the content of my post which relates this thread or is all you have is nonsense drivel? nice dodge of the issues, typical behavior when you get backed into a corner, you change the subject and ignore the topic of the post or thread...

(yawn)

i'll be gracious and give you another chance to debate the topic, if you can:

yes or no

moderate democrat
02-11-2009, 11:59 AM

sorry emmett... I have a full day scheduled on Saturday... a concert to go to... and I will defer to your claimed extensive knowledge of the subject. I guess all I can do is hope that Obama's decisions lead us in the right direction.

red states rule
02-11-2009, 12:04 PM
sorry emmett... I have a full day scheduled on Saturday... a concert to go to... and I will defer to your claimed extensive knowledge of the subject. I guess all I can do is hope that Obama's decisions lead us in the right direction.

http://www.sentientbeings.org/gallery/chickens02.jpg

Noir
02-11-2009, 01:01 PM

Or, you could try Sunday, or monday, or tue....

As a side note: who ya seeing?

moderate democrat
02-11-2009, 01:10 PM
Or, you could try Sunday, or monday, or tue....

As a side note: who ya seeing?

just the local community chorus

Yurt
02-11-2009, 01:12 PM
care to discuss the content of my post which relates this thread or is all you have is nonsense drivel? nice dodge of the issues, typical behavior when you get backed into a corner, you change the subject and ignore the topic of the post or thread...

(yawn)

i'll be gracious and give you another chance to debate the topic, if you can:

yes or no

no surprise you choose to run and not debate the issues

moderate democrat
02-11-2009, 01:15 PM
no surprise you choose to run and not debate the issues

as long as posts like #22 and #28 are a part of what you all like to refer to as "debate", I am going to pass.

sorry.

Yurt
02-11-2009, 01:22 PM
as long as posts like #22 and #28 are a part of what you all like to refer to as "debate", I am going to pass.

sorry.

backed in a corner and deflecting as usual...

yes or no

Yurt
02-11-2009, 01:25 PM
why are you taking those posts so personal, they have nothing to do with you...you asked what i would do....i answered you. i find it amusing that you take such posts personal when all i did was answer your question...

what exactly is your problem with those posts? since they obviously have upset you so much that you refuse to debate, or so you claim that is why you refuse to debate the issues. i really want to know what bothers you about those posts when all i did was answer your question.

moderate democrat
02-11-2009, 01:28 PM
post #46 is self explanatory. I understand why you bring up this town in maine and, as I said...as long as you continue to question who I am instead of simply discussing what I say, I am through trying to discuss things with you.

I really think that is quite clear. If you cannot understand it, then I am sorry.

DannyR
02-11-2009, 01:36 PM
on Tuesday, the Obama administration - with gas prices roughly half what they were and many Democrats' having been swept into office - blocked offshore drilling plans put in place at the last minute by the Bush administration, including plans to open the national outer continental shelf for drilling.

From what I've read this isn't a permanent ban. They simply put a hold on Bush's proposals because they were written entirely aimed at oil and natural gas producers, and pretty much ignored alternative fuels.

A company wanting to put windmills offshore could be blocked if an oil company claimed the rights first, even if there was no oil there as the laws favored oil.

I think we'll see the offshore rights restored in the near future, but with much more favorable legislation for other energy sources.

Yurt
02-11-2009, 01:36 PM
post #46 is self explanatory. I understand why you bring up this town in maine and, as I said...as long as you continue to question who I am instead of simply discussing what I say, I am through trying to discuss things with you.

I really think that is quite clear. If you cannot understand it, then I am sorry.

liar, i did not accuse you of being from maine....nice try

i understand why you don't want to answer the debate and instead focus on non-debate issues, because you can't debate and are now deflecting.

next

Sitarro
02-11-2009, 01:41 PM

How old are you? Are you still in diapers? Your debate "style" reveals you to be an idiot that couldn't think it's way out of an empty room. You have a child's mentality which makes you the ideal for the democrat party. Fuck you for being one that enables democrat hacks to destroy our way of life. You, in fact, are a clone to that other imbecile Joe "the dick head" Steel.:upyours:

moderate democrat
02-11-2009, 01:57 PM
liar, i did not accuse you of being from maine....nice try

i understand why you don't want to answer the debate and instead focus on non-debate issues, because you can't debate and are now deflecting.

next

I never said that, in the posts listed, that you "accused me of being from maine". I said that I knew why you were mentioning that town... we both know why you are doing that... and that if you continued to play that game, that I was not going to discuss other issues with you. It really is that simple. The ball is in your court, yurt.... you can pledge to make a change in your approach to me, or we can just not discuss things anymore.

moderate democrat
02-11-2009, 01:59 PM
How old are you? Are you still in diapers? Your debate "style" reveals you to be an idiot that couldn't think it's way out of an empty room. You have a child's mentality which makes you the ideal for the democrat party. Fuck you for being one that enables democrat hacks to destroy our way of life. You, in fact, are a clone to that other imbecile Joe "the dick head" Steel

gosh...I am sorry that you feel that way. If you feel like we are destroying your way of life, please feel free to move somewhere else where the way of life would be more to your liking. For the next two years anyhow, you're on the bus and us democrats are drivin' it. Ride along if you like, or get the hell off. makes no big difference to me.

Yurt
02-11-2009, 02:27 PM
I never said that, in the posts listed, that you "accused me of being from maine". I said that I knew why you were mentioning that town... we both know why you are doing that... and that if you continued to play that game, that I was not going to discuss other issues with you. It really is that simple. The ball is in your court, yurt.... you can pledge to make a change in your approach to me, or we can just not discuss things anymore.

so i didn't accuse you of being from maine, yet we both know why i mentioned maine....

pray tell....why? i find it odd you are familiar with why i would think maine is important to you....

red states rule
02-11-2009, 02:37 PM
I distinctly remember in his Inauguration speech, Obama reminded us that we need to wean ourselves off of foreign oil, no?

Hell of way for him to attain that goal

DannyR
02-11-2009, 03:01 PM
I distinctly remember in his Inauguration speech, Obama reminded us that we need to wean ourselves off of foreign oil, no?

Hell of way for him to attain that goalSee my post #50 above. Probably got lost in the shuffle. This isn't as dire an action as you would make it out to be and in fact is a good course of action if we are to wean ourselves from foreign oil, because to do that we need to have full access to all types of energy, not just make sweetheart deals with the oil companies.

Bush's policies were not the best use of the resources we have available. All Obama has done is put these back on the table to be rewritten so other energy providers can also benefit. Offshore ban isn't permanent.

red states rule
02-11-2009, 03:09 PM
See my post #50 above. Probably got lost in the shuffle. This isn't as dire an action as you would make it out to be and in fact is a good course of action if we are to wean ourselves from foreign oil, because to do that we need to have full access to all types of energy, not just make sweetheart deals with the oil companies.

Bush's policies were not the best use of the resources we have available. All Obama has done is put these back on the table to be rewritten so other energy providers can also benefit. Offshore ban isn't permanent.

Whatever. We knew and warned of all of this before this moron was elected

moderate democrat
02-11-2009, 03:40 PM
so i didn't accuse you of being from maine, yet we both know why i mentioned maine....

pray tell....why? i find it odd you are familiar with why i would think maine is important to you....

you find it odd that I am familiar with why you would think maine is important to me when you have continually accused me of being a former poster named manfrommaine? I find that incredible. :poke:

moderate democrat
02-11-2009, 03:41 PM
Whatever. We knew and warned of all of this before this moron was elected

and even after your dire warnings, Obama won convincingly. hmmmmmm.

red states rule
02-11-2009, 06:15 PM
and even after your dire warnings, Obama won convincingly. hmmmmmm.

and so was Peanut Carter - who has returned

http://www.thoseshirts.com/images/square-large-wbc.jpg

Yurt
02-11-2009, 07:58 PM
you find it odd that I am familiar with why you would think maine is important to me when you have continually accused me of being a former poster named manfrommaine? I find that incredible. :poke:

actually no, i have never accused you of being "manfrommaine" continually....a bold face lie

strange how you knew that full nick....:poke:

busted! :laugh2:

moderate democrat
02-11-2009, 11:18 PM
actually no, i have never accused you of being "manfrommaine" continually....a bold face lie

strange how you knew that full nick....:poke:

busted! :laugh2:

incredible? actually, it is more than merely "incredible"...it is nothing less than deliberate duplicity. You are lying and you know it, but you do not have the balls or the maturity to admit that you have been lying your ass off about your nonstop insinuations that I am this former poster...
you and I both know that your parents do not live in augusta, maine and that you have ever eaten mexican food there...just like we both know you never climbed the pyramids and have never been to lebanon and spoken to muslims about anything. you are a fraud. pure and simple... a petty, weak, lying fraud. I only hope for your clients' sake, if indeed you even have any, that they figure out what a total wannabe loser their "attorney: is before it costs them anything substantial.

you are beneath any further comment from me. go on and chase your ambulances or pursue your immature, adolescent stupidity.

I am all done with you.

don't let the door hit you in the ass on your way out...

Yurt
02-12-2009, 12:37 AM
incredible? actually, it is more than merely "incredible"...it is nothing less than deliberate duplicity. You are lying and you know it, but you do not have the balls or the maturity to admit that you have been lying your ass off about your nonstop insinuations that I am this former poster...
you and I both know that your parents do not live in augusta, maine and that you have ever eaten mexican food there...just like we both know you never climbed the pyramids and have never been to lebanon and spoken to muslims about anything. you are a fraud. pure and simple... a petty, weak, lying fraud. I only hope for your clients' sake, if indeed you even have any, that they figure out what a total wannabe loser their "attorney: is before it costs them anything substantial.

you are beneath any further comment from me. go on and chase your ambulances or pursue your immature, adolescent stupidity.

I am all done with you.

don't let the door hit you in the ass on your way out...

no, you answer how you knew "manfrommaine" from anything i have ever said to you. you claimed i said it continually....prove it or admit you lied.

your usual deflect and attack mode....got it.

oh, and my clients today that i saved their appeal and their property....they love me....you....a bug on a sidewalk

edit:

your whole copying me with "we both know"

your actually proved me right

moderate democrat
02-12-2009, 09:19 AM
no, you answer how you knew "manfrommaine" from anything i have ever said to you. you claimed i said it continually....prove it or admit you lied.

your usual deflect and attack mode....got it.

oh, and my clients today that i saved their appeal and their property....they love me....you....a bug on a sidewalk

edit:

your whole copying me with "we both know"

your actually proved me right
we both know what you mean when you use "mfm". We both know why you continually lie about that town in maine and having family there. :lame2:

liar. deliberately duplicitous geek.

Yurt
02-12-2009, 03:31 PM
we both know what you mean when you use "mfm". We both know why you continually lie about that town in maine and having family there. :lame2:

liar. deliberately duplicitous geek.

you just admited you are manfrommaine...mfm could mean anything, but you knew right away that it meant manfrommaine...and you know i lie about maine, why? because you live there....

congrats dumbass

red states rule
02-12-2009, 03:53 PM
We don't have an energy crisis, we got a government intervention crisis

With the avg age of the senate being like 70+, we need a geritol solution...

moderate democrat
02-12-2009, 04:16 PM
you just admited you are manfrommaine...mfm could mean anything, but you knew right away that it meant manfrommaine...and you know i lie about maine, why? because you live there....

congrats dumbass

mfm has been used interchangeably with manfrommaine by others here, yurt. Including you. I am not that guy. I do not live in maine. I live in Iowa. We both know you lie about maine... not because I live there, which I do not, but because you are so clearly unconvincing... just as unconvincing as you were about climbing the pyramids and visiting the middle east.... lies.

Now once AGAIN... when will you quit with this diversionary tactic of making our discussions about how you think I really AM and start making it about what I have to say? Will you EVER do that, or is this game just gonna continue ad infinitum?

Yurt
02-12-2009, 04:42 PM
mfm has been used interchangeably with manfrommaine by others here, yurt. Including you. I am not that guy. I do not live in maine. I live in Iowa. We both know you lie about maine... not because I live there, which I do not, but because you are so clearly unconvincing... just as unconvincing as you were about climbing the pyramids and visiting the middle east.... lies.

Now once AGAIN... when will you quit with this diversionary tactic of making our discussions about how you think I really AM and start making it about what I have to say? Will you EVER do that, or is this game just gonna continue ad infinitum?

liar...you said i used it continually, i have never called you that and that is how you said you knew was because I specifically called you manfrommaine (a lie, which makes you a liar)...now you of course are changing your story, lying, because you got caught. face it, you lost.

unfortunate, i had hopes that with your new nick you would act more honorably. clearly not.

moderate democrat
02-12-2009, 04:46 PM
liar...you said i used it continually, i have never called you that and that is how you said you knew was because I specifically called you manfrommaine (a lie, which makes you a liar)...now you of course are changing your story, lying, because you got caught. face it, you lost.

unfortunate, i had hopes that with your new nick you would act more honorably. clearly not.

are you really sticking to your story that your folks live in augusta, maine? are you really sticking to your story that you did NOT use that town/state because the former poster named mfm was from that state?

give it up. quit trying to make this about who I am and start being a grownup and talking about issues only.

Can't you do that?

red states rule
02-12-2009, 05:00 PM
The government telling oil companies how to run their business and where to drill is beyond ignorant.

To think that an idiot like Obama has any clue about any private industry is pure stupidity.

Yet socialist libs want him and his minions to run every aspect of U.S. business.