PDA

View Full Version : Damn what a day

Jeff
02-11-2009, 08:03 AM
Wow yesterday I don't think could of gotten much worse.

First On Monday the Doc's decided I can't go back to work till next week. ( another week with no pay) Then my 6 year old woke up with 103% fever , so I got to play nurse to him yesterday , Then the wife was told she needs surgery to have her tonsils removed on Friday ( we all know how nice the house is when Moma don't feel good ) Then Last night my tea cup chihuahua was attacked ( in my yard) by 2 huge dogs, We rushed him to the vet but they couldn't do anything for him so we had to put him down.

Then comes the fun part, the sheriff comes out and informs me that there is no leash law in this county so there is nothing I can do, I very nicely explained to her that as I understand the law if the dogs are on my property I have ever right to protect my family and pets, she agreed but said the other dogs would have to be in the process of doing something else for me to shoot them, to make a long story short apperantly the owner of the other dogs came by as I was out front with my chihuahua , and told the sheriff last night they will make good , I think he realized I wasn't looking for revenge against the dogs but rather against the idiots that let nasty dogs run loose.

So needless to say I am hoping today will be better !

Kathianne
02-11-2009, 08:18 AM
Wow yesterday I don't think could of gotten much worse.

First On Monday the Doc's decided I can't go back to work till next week. ( another week with no pay) Then my 6 year old woke up with 103% fever , so I got to play nurse to him yesterday , Then the wife was told she needs surgery to have her tonsils removed on Friday ( we all know how nice the house is when Moma don't feel good ) Then Last night my tea cup chihuahua was attacked ( in my yard) by 2 huge dogs, We rushed him to the vet but they couldn't do anything for him so we had to put him down.

Then comes the fun part, the sheriff comes out and informs me that there is no leash law in this county so there is nothing I can do, I very nicely explained to her that as I understand the law if the dogs are on my property I have ever right to protect my family and pets, she agreed but said the other dogs would have to be in the process of doing something else for me to shoot them, to make a long story short apperantly the owner of the other dogs came by as I was out front with my chihuahua , and told the sheriff last night they will make good , I think he realized I wasn't looking for revenge against the dogs but rather against the idiots that let nasty dogs run loose.

So needless to say I am hoping today will be better !

I certainly hope so, sounds like yesterday was 'one of those' best forgotten.

Jeff
02-11-2009, 08:44 AM
I certainly hope so, sounds like yesterday was 'one of those' best forgotten.

Thank you and yes it best forgotten.

jackass
02-11-2009, 10:49 AM
Sorry to hear it Jeff. Feel better! Things will get better.

Abbey Marie
02-11-2009, 02:25 PM
Sorry, Jeff. What a tough time. Especially losing your dog in such a violent way.
I hope things get much better.

Jeff
02-11-2009, 02:59 PM
Thank you Jackass and Abbey .

I just got off the phone with the real owner of the dog's ( it wasn't the person that pulled up yesterday evening ) and they sound like nice ppl , so we will see, seems the only reason they had got the dogs was other neighbors had pitt bulls that were attacking other pets, so they bought them to keep the pitts away, the owner has already told me how sorry she was and that she is giving the dog away, she is afraid if he did it once he may do it again.

OO well thanks again

jimnyc
02-11-2009, 05:59 PM
Then Last night my tea cup chihuahua was attacked ( in my yard) by 2 huge dogs, We rushed him to the vet but they couldn't do anything for him so we had to put him down.

You don't know how much this upsets me. I knew Jeff's dog, his name was Jake. He became my best friend when I lived shortly in Georgia and was a lovable little fella, unless of course you bugged him while he was sleeping! I loved him so much I made my brother bring me down the road so I could pick out the "pick of the litter" for myself. Jake is the Daddy of my chihuahua, Porter.

I would want to kill the other dogs, but they were doing what was instinctive to them, and I might regret hurting another animal. I hold the owners of the large dogs responsible for not properly keeping the dogs confined. And the shame of it is that the police and courts only see dogs as property and the value is whatever they sell for, no matter how much the dog was a part of your family.

Hopefully Jake is in doggie heaven and found some new girlfriends. He was a little pervert! Maybe that's why him and I got along so well.