PDA

View Full Version : Kids aged 5 & 4 love mum's milk

-Cp
02-11-2009, 04:46 PM
http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/woman/health/article1279696.ece

THERE’S no doubt breast-feeding is best - it reduces the risk of tummy upsets, allergies, obesity and a host of health problems in later life.
But mum Stella Onions believes her kids can’t get enough of a good thing.

http://img.thesun.co.uk/multimedia/archive/00505/Breast-Feed1_682_505736a.jpg

So five-year-old Josephine and her four-year-old brother Zac, are STILL being breastfed.

And Stella has no plans to wean them off “Mummy milk” in the near future.

Stella, 45, from Ludlow, Shropshire, says: “Nature sorts it out for you.

“When children lose their milk teeth, at between five and eight years, their jaw shape changes slightly and they lose the ability to suckle.”

But she adds: Don’t worry, they’re not going to be breast-feeding teenagers.”

Stella doesn’t care what their school friends might say — she avoids that by teaching them at home.

She says hubby Andy, 45, a computer games designer has no problems with her decision.

And she is convinced there are many other mums who secretly breast-feed older children.

Official advice is that children should have nothing but breastmilk for the first six months of life.

But only one in three babies in the UK is exclusively breastfed at one week. Only one in five is still being breastfed at six weeks and only one in thirty is exclusively breastfed at five months.

darin
02-11-2009, 05:34 PM
child abuse.

theHawk
02-11-2009, 06:29 PM
Well, she's no Salma Hayek....thats for sure.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kM7kKJ1NbQA

hjmick
02-11-2009, 06:30 PM
That's just wrong. I think "mum" just enjoys being suckled.

Noir
02-11-2009, 07:06 PM
should her body not have stopped producing milk?

jackass
02-11-2009, 08:34 PM
should her body not have stopped producing milk?

It will only stop when the suckling stops.

DannyR
02-11-2009, 09:36 PM
Child abuse? Bit extreme. Certainly non the usual behavior, but I wouldn't consider it child abuse.

One of my high school teachers likewise told us his kids breast fed until they were 3-4.

Both of his children were very successful, well adjusted people with families of their own. As far as I know, neither have divorced or are abusive, alcoholics or have any other obvious social problem.

Said1
02-11-2009, 09:50 PM
Given how secluded the children are from the rest of society, I have to wonder at what pathological needs the mother is satisfying through her children.

5stringJeff
02-11-2009, 10:15 PM
Militant breastfeeders, weirdos all. I remember when Angela was nursing our two boys. There were always one or two mothers who swore that if you didn't breastfeed until your child went to kindergarten, you somehow hated your kids and didn't want them to grow properly. Angela nursed each boy to about 8-9 months - just long enough for them to start eating baby food.

Abbey Marie
02-11-2009, 10:52 PM
I once heard a comedian say that if a kid is walking over to you and lifting up your shirt to demand milk, it's time to stop.

I think Said nailed it.

My Winter Storm
02-16-2009, 08:18 PM
When you are breastfeeding at such a late age, I have to think that the feeding is no so much because of nutritional value, but as some sort of sexual plessure for the mother.