PDA

View Full Version : Kerry - People Can't Be Trusted To Spend Their Money Correctly

red states rule
02-12-2009, 10:07 AM
Yes, John Kerry is saying that individuals should not be making decisions on how they spend their own money.

ONLY government can do that

<object width="480" height="295"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/zISKoQegbxM&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/zISKoQegbxM&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="295"></embed></object>

Mr. P
02-12-2009, 11:03 AM
Yes, John Kerry is saying that individuals should not be making decisions on how they spend their own money.

ONLY government can do that

Didn't he say that sometime ago? 04 maybe?

crin63
02-12-2009, 11:06 AM
This is no surprise at all to me. Democrats think we are to stupid to be in charge of our own money and should give it to them to spend for us. I spent 10 months laid up after surgery watching congressional and senate sessions as well as hearings and post session comments (cant remember what those are called) so I know this is true. I listened to the actual words they actually used and they hate Americans having freedom to control their own lives. It is the belief of the Democratic party that all Americans should just give them all the money they earn and they will take care of us in a manner they see fit. They will bestow upon us whatever privileges they think we should have, subject to change at any time.

red states rule
02-12-2009, 11:06 AM
Didn't he say that sometime ago? 04 maybe?

He may have said the same thing back then, but from what I can tell this was said during the Senate debate on the mega pork bill

red states rule
02-12-2009, 11:07 AM
This is no surprise at all to me. Democrats think we are to stupid to be in charge of our own money and should give it to them to spend for us. I spent 10 months laid up after surgery watching congressional and senate sessions as well as hearings and post session comments (cant remember what those are called) so I know this is true. I listened to the actual words they actually used and they hate Americans having freedom to control their own lives. It is the belief of the Democratic party that all Americans should just give them all the money they earn and they will take care of us in a manner they see fit. They will bestow upon us whatever privileges they think we should have, subject to change at any time.

Funny how these rich elite politicians want hands off of their funds but want to dip into ours and do what ever they want.

Mr. P
02-12-2009, 11:10 AM
He may have said the same thing back then, but from what I can tell this was said during the Senate debate on the mega pork bill

Regardless of when, I'm sure he and most of the other left-wing liberal dimwits feel that way today.

red states rule
02-12-2009, 11:14 AM
Regardless of when, I'm sure he and most of the other left-wing liberal dimwits feel that way today.

Of course they do

I also hear how angry he sounds while bashing Americans. Only liberals like Kerry actually think the government can spend our money better then we can

Immanuel
02-12-2009, 11:38 AM
Of course they do

I also hear how angry he sounds while bashing Americans. Only liberals like Kerry actually think the government can spend our money better then we can

Well, they can definitely spend if faster than I can.

Immie

red states rule
02-12-2009, 11:39 AM
Well, they can definitely spend if faster than I can.

Immie

Without even earning it, or making sure the money is in the checking account to cover the checks they write

DragonStryk72
02-12-2009, 12:03 PM
Yeah, pretty much just more of the government trying to protect us from our own desire to do what we want with our money. Here's the funny thing, it doesn't matter how you invest your money, foreign or domestic, it still aids the economy, but more pointedly, it aids you, the individual.

While I believe the liberals to be well-meaning, I always remember the saying, "The road to hell is paved with good intentions".

red states rule
02-12-2009, 12:12 PM
Yeah, pretty much just more of the government trying to protect us from our own desire to do what we want with our money. Here's the funny thing, it doesn't matter how you invest your money, foreign or domestic, it still aids the economy, but more pointedly, it aids you, the individual.

While I believe the liberals to be well-meaning, I always remember the saying, "The road to hell is paved with good intentions".

No, the road to hell is paved with liberals

Libs do not mean well, they crave a bigger government, sucking up more of our money, and making more people dependent on government

All of whih is designed to keep their programs on the books for years, and keep them in power

Hobbit
02-12-2009, 12:18 PM

I think some, non-politician liberals have good intentions, but I think, for the most part:

Poor liberals are liberals because they want the government to take things away from their neighbors and give those things to them.

Rich liberals are liberals because they have a utopian vision of society and they want the government to make it happen.

Liberal politicians are liberal because they see that making everyone dependent upon government programs is a path for them to gain power.

This, frankly, scares me. The fact that politicians blatantly tell the entire nation that only they know how to properly spend money and that a majority of the people actually agree with them instead of immediately running them out of town on a rail, all tarred and feathered.

I'm surprised Washington hasn't risen from the grave for the purpose of shoving his foot up somebody's ass.

DragonStryk72
02-12-2009, 12:40 PM
I think some, non-politician liberals have good intentions, but I think, for the most part:

Poor liberals are liberals because they want the government to take things away from their neighbors and give those things to them.

Rich liberals are liberals because they have a utopian vision of society and they want the government to make it happen.

Liberal politicians are liberal because they see that making everyone dependent upon government programs is a path for them to gain power.

This, frankly, scares me. The fact that politicians blatantly tell the entire nation that only they know how to properly spend money and that a majority of the people actually agree with them instead of immediately running them out of town on a rail, all tarred and feathered.

I'm surprised Washington hasn't risen from the grave for the purpose of shoving his foot up somebody's ass.

I'm not saying they're right, they're not, but by and large, I believe that they honestly believe in what they are trying to promote as being helpful to the public at large. They just don't seem to get the concept that their brand of help has actually made the situation worse, not better, with more and more people staying on welfare, as opposed to learning how to stand on their own.

johnney
02-13-2009, 07:54 AM
he was a douche bag then, hes a douche bag now.

red states rule
02-13-2009, 07:58 AM
he was a douche bag then, hes a douche bag now.

Gotta remember, John Kerry knew better than everybody how to do everything all the way back to Viet Nam

If the government would just step the hell back and let the system work itself out this would be much easier.