PDA

View Full Version : Why The Rush To Vote On Pork Bill? Pelosi Is Going To Rome

red states rule
02-13-2009, 09:10 AM
I kid you not. Ms Pelosi is wanting a vote in the House on the mega pork bill, because she is going to Rome (at taxpayer ecpense of course)

According to Rep. Culberson, the bill was posted on line last night between 10:45 and 11:00 pm for the representatives to read and decide what to vote.

The biggest spending bill in the United States history and our elected representatives from both the House and the senate have less than 19 hours to review it. That does include the 6 or 7 hours during the night.

Here is the link to Pelosi's trip to Rome

US HOUSE SPEAKER PELOSI TO ROME

ANSA) - Rome, February 12 - The speaker of the United
States House of Representatives, Nancy Pelosi, will be in
Rome next week for talks with top Italian officials focusing
in the global economic crisis and other leading issues.
The first woman to hold the third-highest position in
the American government, Pelosi has played a key role in
pushing through the economic policies drawn up by the
administration of President Barack Obama to combat the global
recession.

Aside from economic questions, she is also expected to
review bilateral relations between Rome and Washington and
cooperation between the two countries in regard to the
environment and leading international issues, including the
situations in the Middle East, Iraq and Afghanistan.
Ample attention is expected to be paid to Italy`s agenda
for its rotating presidency of the Group of Eight (G8) this
year.

Details of Pelosi`s agenda have not been given in full
but it is known that she will arrive Sunday night and on
Monday morning she will pay a courtesy call at the Quirinale
Palace to President Giorgio Napolitano, before going to the
Chamber of Deputies for a meeting with her Italian
counterpart, Gianfranco Fini, which will include a working
luncheon.

http://www.lifeinitaly.com/node/3879

Yurt
02-13-2009, 09:19 AM
for those that say execs should have the meetings on the phone....

why can't pelosi have conferences on the phone....she doesn't have to go there, phone is cheaper

red states rule
02-13-2009, 09:23 AM

why can't pelosi have conferences on the phone....she doesn't have to go there, phone is cheaper

Yurt, how dare you demand Speaker Pelosi lower herself to the level of the peasants

She is going to Rome so she can INSIST that the bill be voted on today.

1419pages takes days to review, and she has found a way to say "we dont have time to read it - just vote for it"

Classact
02-13-2009, 09:57 AM
Yurt, how dare you demand Speaker Pelosi lower herself to the level of the peasants

She is going to Rome so she can INSIST that the bill be voted on today.

1419pages takes days to review, and she has found a way to say "we dont have time to read it - just vote for it"She probably heard they have endangered mise in Rome and wants to do her part.

The best we can hope for from this spendulus package is that things don't get worse followed by the reality of paying for it will require inflation. The inflation this time will be unlike anything we've ever seen. In 1967 a really nice car cost $3,000 and with inflation what do they cost now $30,000? That $30,000 car of today will cost $60,000 in as little as ten years along with all the other expenses that go along with it... we're going to meet some new presidents on our larger bills real soon that we aren't used to seeing that often.

red states rule
02-13-2009, 09:59 AM
She probably heard they have endangered mise in Rome and wants to do her part.

The best we can hope for from this spendulus package is that things don't get worse followed by the reality of paying for it will require inflation. The inflation this time will be unlike anything we've ever seen. In 1967 a really nice car cost $3,000 and with inflation what do they cost now $30,000? That $30,000 car of today will cost $60,000 in as little as ten years along with all the other expenses that go along with it... we're going to meet some new presidents on our larger bills real soon that we aren't used to seeing that often.

The damn mega pork bill is 1400 pages long.

I wonder how many members of Congress are speed-readers? Nothing like shoving this thing down our throats. Face it. Demsdon't give a crap what we think. Dems will rationalize this, and we'll hear the usual spin. The good news is Obama can only blame Bush for so long. Then it will be in his lap and Pelosi's and Reid's.

DannyR
02-13-2009, 10:07 AM

why can't pelosi have conferences on the phone....she doesn't have to go there, phone is cheaperNot the best comparison. Pelosi's not an exec begging for money. She's the one giving it away. Its good to be king.

red states rule
02-13-2009, 10:09 AM
Not the best comparison. Pelosi's not an exec begging for money. She's the one giving it away. Its good to be king.

The entire country is being flipped the bird by Obama, and the Dems

Yurt
02-13-2009, 10:32 AM
Not the best comparison. Pelosi's not an exec begging for money. She's the one giving it away. Its good to be king.

she's not??? where is pelosi getting the bailout money from? her own account? the government's account? where? are you actually claiming she does not have to ask for money?

DannyR
02-13-2009, 10:36 AM
are you actually claiming she does not have to ask for money?Um, thats exactly right. She doesn't have to ask. She demands, and if a majority of her fellow dems agree, you have to pay.

I don't recall the government ever "asking" me if they want to raise my taxes. They expect payment.

She's got two years to do as she pleases before having to ask the voter for a thing, and I kind of doubt her constituents are the type of people who will toss her out.

red states rule
02-13-2009, 10:38 AM
she's not??? where is pelosi getting the bailout money from? her own account? the government's account? where? are you actually claiming she does not have to ask for money?

Whatever Nancy wants - Nancy gets. Dems won the election now they can do wahtever they want whenever they want. Just ask them and they will confirm it

Anyone think it is fitting the mega pork bill will pass on Friday the 13th?

DannyR
02-13-2009, 10:40 AM
Whatever Namncy wants - Nancy gets. Dems won the election now they can do wahtever they want whenever they want. Just ask them and they will confirm it

As I said, its good to be king. Wonder if the Pope will kiss her hand.

red states rule
02-13-2009, 10:43 AM
As I said, its good to be king. Wonder if the Pope will kiss her hand.

Na, Nancy will want him to kiss something else - as she demands we all do

Yurt
02-13-2009, 10:56 AM
Um, thats exactly right. She doesn't have to ask. She demands, and if a majority of her fellow dems agree, you have to pay.

I don't recall the government ever "asking" me if they want to raise my taxes. They expect payment.

She's got two years to do as she pleases before having to ask the voter for a thing, and I kind of doubt her constituents are the type of people who will toss her out.

o rly? is that why obama has been campaigning for this stimulus, because they don't have to ask and get voter approval? is that why nancy has also been out there campaigning for this and bashing repubs, because she doesn't have to "ask"?

red states rule
02-13-2009, 11:02 AM
Republicans should make the Clerk READ the entire bill into the record - thus causing Pelosi to miss her flight

moderate democrat
02-13-2009, 11:04 AM
Republicans should make the Clerk READ the entire bill into the record - thus causing Pelosi to miss her flight

so... you want the speaker's diplomatic mission to fail?

how patriotic of you!:poke:

red states rule
02-13-2009, 11:06 AM

What diplomatic mission? To talk about global warming over lobsters?

What is Hillary's job - besides keeping Bill on a leash?

moderate democrat
02-13-2009, 11:09 AM
What diplomatic mission? To talk about global warming over lobsters?

What is Hillary's job - besides keeping Bill on a leash?

are you suggesting that legislators have no legitimate role to play in overseas trade negotiations? Are you suggesting that, every time a legislator flies overseas, that the trip is a worthless boondoggle, or is that only the case when the legislator is a democrat?

party over country for you, all the time.

Yurt
02-13-2009, 11:12 AM

and you of course wanted bush's iraq action to succeed, in that, he got troops to iraq :poke:

red states rule
02-13-2009, 11:13 AM
are you suggesting that legislators have no legitimate role to play in overseas trade negotiations? Are you suggesting that, every time a legislator flies overseas, that the trip is a worthless boondoggle, or is that only the case when the legislator is a democrat?

She can use Al Gore's Amazing Internet and hold video conferences as she demanded of private companies to do

Of course being a liberal. she would never do as she tells other to do

If the United States is on the very brink of a depression and catastrophe, (as Obama has been telling us) Pelosi needs to keep her butt right here instead of running off to Rome

moderate democrat
02-13-2009, 11:17 AM
She can use Al Gore's Amazing Internet and hold video conferences as she demanded of private companies to do

Of course being a liberal. she would never do as she tells other to do

If the United States is on the very brink of a depression and catastrophe, (as Obama has been telling us) Pelosi needs to keep her butt right here instead of running off to Rome

how come you avoided my questions?

red states rule
02-13-2009, 11:20 AM
how come you avoided my questions?

I did - because you did not like the answer is your problem. Liberal hypocrisy is hard to defend isn't it? :laugh2:

moderate democrat
02-13-2009, 11:22 AM
I did - because you did not like the answer is your problem. Liberal hypocrisy is hard to defend isn't it? :laugh2:

I KNOW you did - avoid it, that is.

here is the question: try answering it and not just spinning around it.

Are you suggesting that, every time a legislator flies overseas, that the trip is a worthless boondoggle, or is that only the case when the legislator is a democrat?

and do you think that, in these times of global economic uncertainty, that it makes any sense to consult with our allies LESS?

red states rule
02-13-2009, 11:26 AM
I KNOW you did.

here is the question: try answering it and not just spinning around it.

Are you suggesting that, every time a legislator flies overseas, that the trip is a worthless boondoggle, or is that only the case when the legislator is a democrat?

and do you think that, in these times of global economic uncertainty, that it makes any sense to consult with our allies LESS?

When the "legislator" is trying to shave the biggest spending bill in the nations history down our throats, with no debate, without allowing people to read it, without letting the voters know what is in it - all so she can take a free trip to Rome; let her do it via Al Gores Amazing Internet and open up the contents of the mega pork bill to the people who are paying for it

Of course is she did that, the truth would come out about the bill - and that is the last thing Dems want to happen

moderate democrat
02-13-2009, 11:31 AM
When the "legislator" is trying to shave the biggest spending bill in the nations history down our throats, with no debate, without allowing people to read it, without letting the voters know what is in it - all so she can take a free trip to Rome; let her do it via Al Gores Amazing Internet and open up the contents of the mega pork bill to the people who are paying for it

Of course is she did that, the truth would come out about the bill - and that is the last thing Dems want to happen

why do you continue to avoid the question?

why were you not demanding that President Bush hold all of HIS overseas meetings using teleconference/internet technology? Why did Bush have to waste all those taxpayer dollars flying all over the world? WHy didn't HE conference call?

red states rule
02-13-2009, 11:34 AM
why do you continue to avoid the question?

why were you not demanding that President Bush hold all of HIS overseas meetings using teleconference/internet technology? Why did Bush have to waste all those taxpayer dollars flying all over the world? WHy didn't HE conference call?

Pres Bush was NOT telling corporation how they should travel, run their company, when and how they travel

Pres Bush was not telling us WE need to have some skin in the game

As I said, liberal hypocrisy is hard to defend isn't it?

I find it perfect this piece of crap is being shoved through on Friday the 13th

moderate democrat
02-13-2009, 11:39 AM
Pres Bush was NOT telling corporation how they should travel, run their company, when and how they travel

Pres Bush was not telling us WE need to have some skin in the game

As I said, liberal hypocrisy is hard to defend isn't it?

I find it perfect this piece of crap is being shoved through on Friday the 13th

so the only people who get condemned for legitimate overseas travel are democrats?

I understand your (partisan hack) position clearly.

thank you. that's all I wanted to hear.

red states rule
02-13-2009, 11:41 AM
so the only people who get condemned for legitimate overseas travel are democrats?

I understand your (partisan hack) position clearly.

thank you. that's all I wanted to hear.

I should of known Virgil, facts, truth, and reason would cause you to have a mini stroke and fall back on the insults

moderate democrat
02-13-2009, 11:45 AM
I should of known Virgil, facts, truth, and reason would cause you to have a mini stroke and fall back on the insults

my name is not virgil...and I am not insulting you at all. I just wanted to understand the nature of your disapproval of Pelosi's trip, and it seems clear to me that the primary reason for your disapproval is her political party affiliation. If you could point me to some earlier posts where you had castigated republicans for taking legitimate trips overseas, that would be a different story. clearly, you can't. no insults... just looking for clarification and you provided it to me. thanks again.

red states rule
02-13-2009, 11:57 AM
my name is not virgil...and I am not insulting you at all. I just wanted to understand the nature of your disapproval of Pelosi's trip, and it seems clear to me that the primary reason for your disapproval is her political party affiliation. If you could point me to some earlier posts where you had castigated republicans for taking legitimate trips overseas, that would be a different story. clearly, you can't. no insults... just looking for clarification and you provided it to me. thanks again.

I have given you the reasons, and I have used the very words of Dems against them

The fact you now want to change the topic and want to know what I said about Republicans taking trips shows you are desperate

But can we compare specific prior behavior of either side forcing a rushed vote on the largest spending bill ever in this countries history because the Speaker of the House has a working Roman holiday trip planned?

Yurt
02-13-2009, 12:32 PM

it is clear md views the rome trip as MORE important than this the biggest spending/bailout bill in the nations history....

and let's not forget, they still have 350 BILLION DOLLARS left over from bush's spending/bailout bill

so they are asking for over 1 TRILLION dollars....wtf...i mean seriously

red states rule
02-13-2009, 12:34 PM
it is clear md views the rome trip as MORE important than this the biggest spending/bailout bill in the nations history....

and let's not forget, they still have 350 BILLION DOLLARS left over from bush's spending/bailout bill

so they are asking for over 1 TRILLION dollars....wtf...i mean seriously

Yurt, if her trip more important than our nations very fate, why isn't President Obama going?

Kathianne
02-13-2009, 12:44 PM

Since diplomacy is the purview of the State Department, I would think she could consult about the 'global economic crisis' via teleconferencing. I'm being consistent since I'm not offended that the government attaches strings to businesses that have or want to take taxpayer money. Same for government, we are paying for it, so it should be done in the least expensive way possible.

red states rule
02-13-2009, 12:57 PM
Why would anyone think that our Congress can only function if Pelosi is not there"

There are over 400 representatives in the House and the Dems would still have the majority without her vote.

So what exactly is her problem?

This is only being used to push this thru before anyone, let alone THE PEOPLE know what's in it!

DannyR
02-13-2009, 01:11 PM
o rly? is that why obama has been campaigning for this stimulus, because they don't have to ask and get voter approval? is that why nancy has also been out there campaigning for this and bashing repubs, because she doesn't have to "ask"?Maybe you should watch the Obama speech again. I saw him talking about it and telling us what he was doing. I never saw him actually ask us taxpayers if it was the right decision.

Yurt
02-13-2009, 01:13 PM
Maybe you should watch the Obama speech again. I saw him talking about it and telling us what he was doing. I never saw him actually ask us taxpayers if it was the right decision.

lets see....poll numbers shows more americans not supporting the bill....obama does out and campaigns for it...poll numbers go up

why would he campaign for it?

Yurt
02-13-2009, 01:14 PM
Yurt, if her trip more important than our nations very fate, why isn't President Obama going?

the puppet was told to stay home?

moderate democrat
02-13-2009, 02:25 PM

The ability to MULTI-TASK! Our democratic leadership in washington can actually walk and chew gum at the same time, unlike the prior administration who had a hard time doing anything correctly, even it it was the only thing they were trying to do.