PDA

View Full Version : New Banner Poll

jimnyc
02-14-2009, 09:17 AM
I am hesitant to make lasting or permanent changes to the community without feedback and approval from the community itself. I'm sure by now you have noticed the new "banner" at the top of the board, which is my way of honoring our troops that have sacrificed so much for us, and continue to do so.

I have a thread in the chat section and the feedback has been mostly positive. It appears most like the banner but it may change the manner in which one guides through the community. Change always requires a time of adjustment. But I wanted final feedback from the community before deciding to keep it or remove it. Wanting it removed for cosmetic reasons or to make it easier to peruse the board DOES NOT mean you don't want to honor the troops, just that you don't like the manner in which it is currently displayed.

Please keep discussion about the banner to the thread in the chat section and only vote in this thread. Here's a link to the thread:

http://www.debatepolicy.com/showthread.php?t=21411

My Winter Storm
02-16-2009, 08:24 PM
Keep it, I like it. We must honor the troops.

The banner on the main page (main forum) could be changed. It is a little bit boring.

Noir
02-17-2009, 03:14 AM
I'd say keep it, the original banner looked wrong and didn't really fit in I thought, but the revised one fits in well.

Nukeman
02-17-2009, 08:49 AM
looks good Jim!!!!!!!!:salute:

82Marine89
02-17-2009, 10:27 AM
Keep it Jimmy.

gabosaurus
02-17-2009, 12:39 PM
How about a banner honoring the country as a whole? The current banner is fairly exclusionary.

Mr. P
02-17-2009, 01:35 PM
How about a banner honoring the country as a whole? The current banner is fairly exclusionary.

What's exclusionary of the US flag in the banner? Says it all to me.

Little-Acorn
02-17-2009, 01:39 PM
Where's the poll selection for "What banner?"?

Sitarro
02-17-2009, 01:41 PM
What's exclusionary of the US flag in the banner? Says it all to me.

She's from Kalyfornya, she wants to see a Mexican flag like so many businesses have flying in her state.

jimnyc
02-17-2009, 02:43 PM

I would think honoring those who made the ultimate sacrifice for our country, all the divisions of our military, the US Flag & the memory of some incredible heroes that have served - IS showing honor to the country as a whole. Do you not think the American Flag encompasses all that our great country stands for?

jimnyc
02-17-2009, 02:45 PM

I also wanted to add, you are the only one thus far to vote against the banner. And if you had said you thought it was too bulky or not a good fit to the site, I can deal with that. You just appear not to like it because it solely goes towards honoring the past and present troops of the US military.

gabosaurus
02-17-2009, 04:26 PM
You wanted feedback. I gave you my opinion.

jimnyc
02-17-2009, 06:47 PM
You wanted feedback. I gave you my opinion.

Your feedback has been noted, although for different reasons than I expected, even from you.

Most regulars have had an opportunity to speak up and vote, and it's overwhelmingly in favor of keeping the banner. It stays.