PDA

View Full Version : Taking Chance Home

Kathianne
02-16-2009, 07:17 AM
Years ago, when this was written (http://www.blackfive.net/main/2004/04/taking_chance.html), I posted a link to the story on the other board. Many of you read and commented on it. It's been made into a HBO special, airing the 21st.

Warning, if you haven't read the above, have tissue nearby, really.

Much more here, including trailer and email from General Kelly to Lt. Strobl who accompanied Chance home.

http://www.blackfive.net/main/2009/02/chance-phelps-l.html

emmett
02-16-2009, 08:51 PM
great post, then and now!

Kathianne
02-16-2009, 08:52 PM
great post, then and now!

Thanks. First time I ever wish I had HBO. ;)

hjmick
02-21-2009, 11:01 PM
HBO always does great work, and Taking Chance was no exception. It is well directed, well acted, and moving. Kevin Bacon, as usual, turns in an exceptional performance. I maintain that he has grown in to one of the finest actors working today.

If you get the chance, see this stirring, poignant film.

Kathianne
02-21-2009, 11:11 PM
HBO always does great work, and Taking Chance was no exception. It is well directed, well acted, and moving. Kevin Bacon, as usual, turns in an exceptional performance. I maintain that he has grown in to one of the finest actors working today.

If you get the chance, see this stirring, poignant film.

I hope it comes out on DVD, soon.

hjmick
02-21-2009, 11:13 PM
It will make you cry.

Kathianne
02-21-2009, 11:14 PM
It will make you cry.

Oh I know, I think I cried an hour after reading the post on Blackfive, way back when.

Mugged Liberal
02-22-2009, 09:29 AM
Surfing the cable channels last night I stumbled across this special. Certainly there isn’t much humor but no matter what your views are on the war you cannot help but be greatly effected by this story. Also a great performance by an under-appreciated actor, Kevin Bacon.

Finally, at the risk of incurring the displeasure of many of you fine folks, may I add that the same grief for the wartime loss of loved ones exists in every corner of our violence-ridden planet.

darin
02-22-2009, 08:17 PM
"You can't tell me the success of Kevin Bacon isn't somehow tied to his name. You're not going out to see a Kevin Hot Dog movie. "Who's in this movie?" "Kevin Bacon." "Sounds good." - Jim Gaffigan.

Psychoblues
02-23-2009, 05:22 AM
Extremely cool jamm, Kat. Thanks for sharing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Could I offer you a cool one, perhaps a Cosmos?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!

:beer::cheers2::beer:

Psychoblues