PDA

View Full Version : Rasmussen: Stimulus vote costing Specter

red states rule
02-17-2009, 07:21 AM
At least something good may come out of the passing of the Mega Pork Bill.

Goodby Specter. He won a narrow victory in his last election to a conservative by moving to the right. Now, I hope the voters of PA will come to their senses and send him packing

From Rasmussen:

Senator Arlen Specter is one of only three Republicans to support the economic stimulus bill in Congress, and the latest Rasmussen Reports survey in Pennsylvania shows that his position is costing him support back home.

Just 31percent of Keystone State voters say are more likely to vote for Specter because of his position on the stimulus package while 40 percent are less likely to do so.

A look inside the numbers shows the problem for Specter may be even more significant. Fifty-eight percent of Republican voters in the state are less likely to vote for Specter. Among voters not affiliated with either major party, just 27 percent are more likely to support the long-time incumbent while 48% are less likely to do so.

These numbers are not surprising given the partisan response to the stimulus bill itself. Nationwide, support for the stimulus legislation increased following President Obama’s nationally televised press conference earlier this week. Still, the legislation is perceived as being what Democrats want rather than a bipartisan product.

In Pennsylvania, 69 percent of Republicans oppose the package while 73 percent of Democrats favor it. Those not affiliated with either major party are evenly divided. That partisan divide places Specter in a difficult position. Even though Specter has aligned himself with the president and other Democrats on the stimulus, the Democratic Senatorial Campaign Committee has announced that the Pennsylvania Republican is one of their top targets for the 2010 election cycle.

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/opinion/papoliticsblog/

moderate democrat
02-17-2009, 07:35 AM
If the stimulus bill does not improve the economic conditions, specter, snowe, collins and all the democrats will suffer at the polls.....

if it DOES improve things, they'll all benefit.

red states rule
02-17-2009, 07:37 AM
If the stimulus bill does not improve the economic conditions, specter, snowe, collins and all the democrats will suffer at the polls.....

if it DOES improve things, they'll all benefit.

Wish in one hand...

Why do you think after all the hype, Obama and his campaign staff in the liberal media are downplaying expectations?

When it fails, libs will NOT take the blame. They will blame Pres Bush, they will whine how they were not allowed to spend enough, or how more pork bills are needed

moderate democrat
02-17-2009, 07:39 AM
Wish in one hand...

Why do you think after all the hype, Obama and his campaign staff in the liberal media are downplaying expectations?

I do hope that the economy improves. You, obviously, don't share that sentiment.

red states rule
02-17-2009, 07:41 AM
I do hope that the economy improves. You, obviously, don't share that sentiment.

If pork spending was good for the economy, the last 2 years of Dem control of the government checkbook would have us in economic paradise

moderate democrat
02-17-2009, 08:01 AM
If pork spending was good for the economy, the last 2 years of Dem control of the government checkbook would have us in economic paradise

why dodge it, RSR? YOu have already admitted that you WANT the economic stimulus package to fail.

red states rule
02-17-2009, 08:05 AM
why dodge it, RSR? YOu have already admitted that you WANT the economic stimulus package to fail.

Yes Virgil, if we are not on our knees thanking Lord Obama for an extra $13/week - we are wanting him to fail

With his liberal tax and spend polices, increasing the size and power of government; you are right - I do want him to fail

HE is the second coming of Carter - only much worse

moderate democrat
02-17-2009, 08:06 AM
Yes Virgil, if we are not on our knees thanking Lord Obama for an extra $13/week - we are wanting him to fail

With his liberal tax and spend polices, increasing the size and power of government; you are right - I do want him to fail

HE is the second coming of Carter - only much worse

you want the economic stimulus package to fail. That is all I needed to clarify. Thanks Elmer

red states rule
02-17-2009, 08:12 AM
you want the economic stimulus package to fail. That is all I needed to clarify. Thanks Elmer

You are welcome Virgil - the same thing Rush said, and I agree with him

Hopefully it costs Collins and Snowe too. I am sure you will vote for the Dem anyway in the Maine elections - as you always do

moderate democrat
02-17-2009, 08:21 AM
You are welcome Virgil - the same thing Rush said, and I agree with him

Hopefully it costs Collins and Snowe too. I am sure you will vote for the Dem anyway in the Maine elections - as you always do

my name is not Virgil, Elmer and I live in Iowa. And I voted for Grassley in 2004.

But I am glad you are on record as wanting our economy to go into the toilet for the benefit of your political party.

red states rule
02-17-2009, 08:26 AM
my name is not Virgil, Elmer and I live in Iowa. And I voted for Grassley in 2004.

But I am glad you are on record as wanting our economy to go into the toilet for the benefit of your political party.

You are still thinking your cover is intact? :laugh2:

I'm looking forward to seeing Senator Arlen Sphincter losing in the 2010 elections. In a few years Collins and Snowe can join him on the unemployment lines

moderate democrat
02-17-2009, 08:40 AM
You are still thinking your cover is intact? :laugh2:

I'm looking forward to seeing Senator Arlen Sphincter losing in the 2010 elections. In a few years Collins and Snowe can join him on the unemployment lines

I have a novel idea: rather than spending all this time trying to talk about who you think I AM, why don't you talk about what I have to SAY?

As I said, I agree that, if the stimulus bill is not successful in helping pull our economy out of the ditch, that those three republicans as well as all democrats will be in some degree of trouble. If the bill works, they all will be fine....imo.

red states rule
02-17-2009, 08:44 AM
I have a novel idea: rather than spending all this time trying to talk about who you think I AM, why don't you talk about what I have to SAY?

As I said, I agree that, if the stimulus bill is not successful in helping pull our economy out of the ditch, that those three republicans as well as all democrats will be in some degree of trouble. If the bill works, they all will be fine....imo.

The point is, Dems will NOT take the blame when their master plan fails. I have never seen liberals admit their liberal policies never work

Its time to clean out the Republicna party. Spector brings zilch to the conservative agenda

Spector, Snowe, and collins need to be voted out or switch parties

moderate democrat
02-17-2009, 09:30 AM
The point is, Dems will NOT take the blame when their master plan fails. I have never seen liberals admit their liberal policies never work

Its time to clean out the Republicna party. Spector brings zilch to the conservative agenda

Spector, Snowe, and collins need to be voted out or switch parties

Obama has already said that he will take the heat if the package does not work.

I would suggest that the voters in PA and Maine need to make those decisions themselves regarding the fitness of their senators. It would seem to me that the GOP in those states could mount a primary campaign against them if there really was widespread discontent amongst republicans in those states.

red states rule
02-17-2009, 09:31 AM
Obama has already said that he will take the heat if the package does not work.

I would suggest that the voters in PA and Maine need to make those decisions themselves regarding the fitness of their senators. It would seem to me that the GOP in those states could mount a primary campaign against them if there really was widespread discontent amongst republicans in those states.

is Joe pulling for failure?

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/hCqqlYTi57A&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&feature=player_embedded&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/hCqqlYTi57A&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&feature=player_embedded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

moderate democrat
02-17-2009, 09:34 AM
spamming the board with duplicate clips...

boooring

red states rule
02-17-2009, 09:36 AM

boooring

Just posting the facts Virgil. Even Obama's sidekick does not have much faith in pork, welfare handouts, and polictal payoffs are the way to jolt the economy

moderate democrat
02-17-2009, 09:40 AM
Just posting the facts Virgil. Even Obama's sidekick does not have much faith in pork, welfare handouts, and polictal payoffs are the way to jolt the economy

elmer... you are spamming the board with duplicate youtube clips on multiple threads....

boring..

and again, when will you ever stop this silly game of trying to claim you know who I AM and just concentrate on debating what I SAY?

you and yurt seem obsessed with this former poster...

you should probably just let that go.

red states rule
02-17-2009, 09:44 AM
elmer... you are spamming the board with duplicate youtube clips on multiple threads....

boring..

and again, when will you ever stop this silly game of trying to claim you know who I AM and just concentrate on debating what I SAY?

you and yurt seem obsessed with this former poster...

you should probably just let that go.

Well Virgil, if the very words of the VP does not agree with you - ignore the post and move on

moderate democrat
02-17-2009, 12:52 PM
again... get off this stupid crusade to identify me with someone else. Just stick to talking about what I have to say, if you please.

I share some of the concerns of the VP... I am not sure that this stimulus package is big enough or timely enough to turn this economy around... but that is a far cry from WANTING the stimulus package to fail and WANTING the economy to continue to decline under Obama's leadership, which is your party first, country last position. truly pathetic.

bullypulpit
02-17-2009, 02:00 PM

boooring

He's doing the best he can...Cut him some slack. On second thought, just cut him off at the ankles. :laugh2:

Yurt
02-17-2009, 03:07 PM
again... get off this stupid crusade to identify me with someone else. Just stick to talking about what I have to say, if you please.

I share some of the concerns of the VP... I am not sure that this stimulus package is big enough or timely enough to turn this economy around... but that is a far cry from WANTING the stimulus package to fail and WANTING the economy to continue to decline under Obama's leadership, which is your party first, country last position. truly pathetic.

your words convict you on who you truly are, not who you are lying about, its about integrity, too bad you don't care about that

again, what you fail to understand is that simply because one does not support the bill, does not at all equate with wanting the bill to fail. your continual insistance and ignorance of that fact does not make you right.

moderate democrat
02-17-2009, 04:05 PM
your words convict you on who you truly are, not who you are lying about, its about integrity, too bad you don't care about that

again, what you fail to understand is that simply because one does not support the bill, does not at all equate with wanting the bill to fail. your continual insistance and ignorance of that fact does not make you right.

My words convict me? Just because I have a similar writing style to the mfm character does not make me him. From all I was able to read, he used profanity extensively. I do not. Once and for all, please get off this kick about trying to besmirch my identity and talk issues.

RSR is on record as wanting the bill to fail... if you feel differently, congratulations.

Kathianne
02-17-2009, 06:26 PM
My words convict me? Just because I have a similar writing style to the mfm character does not make me him. From all I was able to read, he used profanity extensively. I do not. Once and for all, please get off this kick about trying to besmirch my identity and talk issues.

RSR is on record as wanting the bill to fail... if you feel differently, congratulations.

Actually if that is the problem, go read your own posts, especially those after 7pm....plenty of vulgarities and profanity. Perhaps you don't remember?

Yurt
02-17-2009, 06:34 PM
Actually if that is the problem, go read your own posts, especially those after 7pm....plenty of vulgarities and profanity. Perhaps you don't remember?

:laugh2:

here is one:

http://www.debatepolicy.com/showthread.php?t=21430

what is more amusing is how he knew that about a former poster...

moderate democrat
02-17-2009, 09:35 PM

I think you exaggerate. I went back and reread my posts...especially those after 7PM.... and I compared them to those of retiredman...and I am nowhere near as vulgar as he was. You, and your little buddies, RSR and yurt, just want to make my presence here about who you think I am versus what I have to say.

Pretty weak, if you ask me...especially for a staff member.

Kathianne
02-17-2009, 09:42 PM
I think you exaggerate. I went back and reread my posts...especially those after 7PM.... and I compared them to those of retiredman...and I am nowhere near as vulgar as he was. You, and your little buddies, RSR and yurt, just want to make my presence here about who you think I am versus what I have to say.

Pretty weak, if you ask me...especially for a staff member.

This 'especially a staff member' finds you are selective in your readings. Sorry, but if you wish to stop the queries, get on in a different mode.

glockmail
02-17-2009, 09:43 PM

Pretty weak, if you ask me...especially for a staff member. Maineman, manfrommaine, retiredman, and now moderate democrat. And from the Democrat Party. You hate the Grand Old Party, and insist that your party is older.....

And you start drinking after 7 pm, and start talking to your dead father. :lol:

red states rule
02-18-2009, 07:14 AM
He's doing the best he can...Cut him some slack. On second thought, just cut him off at the ankles. :laugh2:

Not surprised you are calling for help BP. You have been taking some severe bodyblows from me in the last few days

Glad you work in the health care industry - you need it