PDA

View Full Version : Army Reserves

82Marine89
02-17-2009, 11:40 AM
I'm a 44 year old Marine Corps vet that got out in 1989. I am currently contemplating joining the Army reserve. They will take me since I have 7 years prior service. I don't need to go to boot camp since I have completed Marine Corps boot camp. It makes it easier to land a gov't job. I would go in as an E-4, but since my AFQT is 83, my GT is 120, and my individual scores range from 110 to 123. I was told I can have any MOS I want as long as the unit has an open billet.

Any comments?

Mr. P
02-17-2009, 11:59 AM
I'm a 44 year old Marine Corps vet that got out in 1989. I am currently contemplating joining the Army reserve. They will take me since I have 7 years prior service. I don't need to go to boot camp since I have completed Marine Corps boot camp. It makes it easier to land a gov't job. I would go in as an E-4, but since my AFQT is 83, my GT is 120, and my individual scores range from 110 to 123. I was told I can have any MOS I want as long as the unit has an open billet.

Any comments?

I'm a fossil but when you decide on an MOS (before signing) get it in writing.

Oh...prepare to travel to exotic places.

Immanuel
02-17-2009, 12:16 PM
Like Mr. P said, get it in writing.

Also, thank you for your prior service and the willingness to serve again.

Immie

Psychoblues
02-23-2009, 05:10 AM
Take what you can get, 82m89. Enjoy your annual training!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The best times I ever had in the military were in a "reserve" status and that includes my time on title 10 orders in 3 war zones!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:beer::cheers2::beer:

Psychoblues