PDA

View Full Version : Stocks tumble because no confidence bailout will work on time

Yurt
02-17-2009, 03:11 PM
i called this a couple of days ago, obama's super hype that we need this signed and then his poo poo of whether the bill will work and when will tank the markets when they open...

nice job obama, real confidence and leadership you display

Stocks drop on worries about economy, automakers
– Stocks tumbled Tuesday as investors grew more doubtful that the government can quickly turn around the still-weakening economy.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090217/ap_on_bi_st_ma_re/wall_street

manu1959
02-17-2009, 03:16 PM
if business perceives that the government is going to meddle in their affairs......business will stand on the sidelines......

this crowd does not make me want to take risks.....they make me feel like "if i do well....they will take it...."

Mr. P
02-17-2009, 03:57 PM
I'm SOOOOO glad I pulled my 401 outta stocks in Sept.

April15
02-17-2009, 04:35 PM
I suppose the foreign markets declines have nothing to do with todays reaction? Hell no it is Obama and the dems that are to blame! School yard mentality.

Mr. P
02-17-2009, 05:08 PM
I suppose the foreign markets declines have nothing to do with todays reaction? Hell no it is Obama and the dems that are to blame! School yard mentality.

Ever notice the foreign markets react to US events? I thought not.

April15
02-17-2009, 06:08 PM
Ever notice the foreign markets react to US events? I thought not.Ever notice how the world is connected? Thought not! All along they have been going south through the Bush reign. Ours were so so and then began going down. That is free market at it's worst. Enjoy!

Kathianne
02-17-2009, 06:12 PM

I closed mine out too, well in October. Paid down some debt and put a few shekels away for the holidays. Paid the taxes and done is done.

Mr. P
02-17-2009, 07:28 PM
I closed mine out too, well in October. Paid down some debt and put a few shekels away for the holidays. Paid the taxes and done is done.

O I didn't close it (yet) just moved it out of stocks.

Mr. P
02-17-2009, 07:33 PM
Ever notice how the world is connected? Thought not! All along they have been going south through the Bush reign. Ours were so so and then began going down. That is free market at it's worst. Enjoy!

I'm very aware of the connections..and actually the bubble burst in 99 under yer pal Bill. The market recovered a great deal under Bush.

glockmail
02-17-2009, 07:55 PM
i called this a couple of days ago, obama's super hype that we need this signed and then his poo poo of whether the bill will work and when will tank the markets when they open...

nice job obama, real confidence and leadership you display

Stocks drop on worries about economy, automakers
– Stocks tumbled Tuesday as investors grew more doubtful that the government can quickly turn around the still-weakening economy.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090217/ap_on_bi_st_ma_re/wall_street They are already talking about a second bailout. :lol:

Mr. P
02-17-2009, 08:41 PM
They are already talking about a second bailout. :lol:

Well damn look what the cat drug in! :beer:

Kathianne
02-17-2009, 08:48 PM
O I didn't close it (yet) just moved it out of stocks.

Mine was down to less than 4k, no point in continuing. So I guess the question becomes, 'how much do my kids love me?' :laugh2: Considering the other $150k was spent on them over the past 12 years, I hope some. LOL! Though they don't know that.

Silver
02-17-2009, 09:11 PM

As did I Bro....the more a Pres. Obama became a reality, the more incentive I had to abandon wall street.....and I'm SOOOOO glad right along with you...:beer: