PDA

View Full Version : Is This A Racist Cartoon?

red states rule
02-18-2009, 09:49 AM
Since Pelosi and Reid wrote the mega pork bill, I do not think so

http://www.nypost.com/delonas/2009/02/02182009.jpg

http://www.nypost.com/delonas/delonas.htm

darin
02-18-2009, 10:20 AM
Yup. It paints white men as animal haters.

red states rule
02-18-2009, 10:23 AM
Well when you consider the people that would see this as racist also voted for Obama, it easy to understand. Those people aren't the brightest bulbs to start with.

Now I wonder if they will call me a racist for using the word "those people?"

Nukeman
02-18-2009, 10:29 AM
If they had said "sign' instead of "write" than it could be racist, but since it is the drafters of the stimulous bill that they are making fun of I don't see a problem with it....

Little-Acorn
02-18-2009, 12:11 PM
The cartoon isn't racist, obviously.

But some people who read it, might try to associate the ape with a black man. They are the racists.

Trigg
02-18-2009, 12:14 PM
What does a monkey have to do with the stimulus bill? Unless they're trying to equate a monkey with Obama. I can see how it would be looked at as racist.

It will be interesting to see what the paper has to say about the controversy.

Yurt
02-18-2009, 12:24 PM
so what if they compare obama to a monkey

if bush can be compared to a monkey, then too bad so sad for dems to complain about obama being compared to a monkey.

Abbey Marie
02-18-2009, 12:29 PM
I think it's best to do this kind of thing without resorting to racial stereotypes. Even if your intentions are good, it just alienates people who might otherwise be convinced of your point.

Noir
02-18-2009, 12:37 PM
What does a monkey have to do with the stimulus bill? Unless they're trying to equate a monkey with Obama. I can see how it would be looked at as racist.

It will be interesting to see what the paper has to say about the controversy.

I would assume the monkey has been used to call the writters of the bill a bunch of monkeys, ergo not Obama, but they are treding a fine line as the Obama link could easily be made,

Yurt
02-18-2009, 12:37 PM
I think it's best to do this kind of thing without resorting to racial stereotypes. Even if your intentions are good, it just alienates people who might otherwise be convinced of your point.

fair enough

Trigg
02-18-2009, 02:01 PM
I would assume the monkey has been used to call the writters of the bill a bunch of monkeys, ergo not Obama, but they are treding a fine line as the Obama link could easily be made,

That is probably what the paper will say in it's defence. Our favorite racist (Al Sharpton) has already been on the news shows this morning crying racism. So, whatever excuse they have they had better make it quick.

Kathianne
02-18-2009, 02:35 PM
Had to do with the 200lb chimp killed by police last evening.

Jeff
02-18-2009, 05:48 PM
The monkey needed to be wearing a shirt that said change in 09 , then it would of maybe been racist cartoon, but I got the idea the artist was trying to portray, and thought it was rather funny, so I guess Al Sharpton can yell at me, lol

Jeff
02-18-2009, 11:14 PM
The monkey needed to be wearing a shirt that said change in 09 , then it would of maybe been racist cartoon, but I got the idea the artist was trying to portray, and thought it was rather funny, so I guess Al Sharpton can yell at me, lol

After thinking about this post I realized it may offend some and that wasn't what I wanted to do, although I don't like Obama I don't wish him or anyone death , I did think it was funny as I am sure many did of the pics about GW ( that you could and did see ) but in a non serious ( death ) way. As for Sharpton I am sure he will find a way to yell about me anyway , after all I am white.

red states rule
02-19-2009, 12:04 AM
Knowing liberals, and the New York Times; the chimp represents former President Bush.

They are blaming the stimulus bill on Pres Bush.

The ClayTaurus
02-19-2009, 11:23 AM
Had to do with the 200lb chimp killed by police last evening.Exactly. Sharpton's just conveniently jumping on to "justify" his existence.

Little-Acorn
02-19-2009, 03:49 PM
Well when you consider the people that would see this as racist also voted for Obama, it easy to understand. Those people aren't the brightest bulbs to start with.

BTW, do the silly hysterics who insist the chimp cartoon was aimed at Obama, now repudiate their contrary insistence that Obama's "Lipstick on a pig" comment was NOT aimed at Sarah Palin?

Or are we gong to start getting all the usual hairsplitting excuses now?

The ClayTaurus
02-19-2009, 04:56 PM
BTW, do the silly hysterics who insist the chimp cartoon was aimed at Obama, now repudiate their contrary insistence that Obama's "Lipstick on a pig" comment was NOT aimed at Sarah Palin?

Or are we gong to start getting all the usual hairsplitting excuses now?Get out the microscopes...

April15
02-19-2009, 05:04 PM
Since Pelosi and Reid wrote the mega pork bill, I do not think so

http://www.nypost.com/delonas/2009/02/02182009.jpg

http://www.nypost.com/delonas/delonas.htmTasteless but not racist.

Trigg
02-19-2009, 05:52 PM
Well huge surprise Sharpton had a rally and he's inviting another racist to come along. Spike Lee.

yawn

Sharpton said he plans to return to The Post on Friday for another demonstration. This time with Spike Lee, and he plans to bring copies of The Post that were not sold because of his boycott.

http://wcbstv.com/local/chimp.attack.protest.2.938780.html

hjmick
02-19-2009, 06:00 PM
Wouldn't take much to motivate Sharpton to protest the NY Post. He's probably been looking for an excuse ever since they broke the story about the IRS probe into his crooked little world.

Yurt
02-20-2009, 01:23 AM

doesn't that chill speech....for fear we can't say words that may offend someone. why are to assume that anytime someone mentions or draws a monkey/ape they are talking about obama. maybe planet of the apes will be a banned movie soon.

red states rule
02-20-2009, 08:06 AM
Well huge surprise Sharpton had a rally and he's inviting another racist to come along. Spike Lee.

yawn

http://wcbstv.com/local/chimp.attack.protest.2.938780.html

Since Obama was elected, it must be tough for Sharpton to harp on people, now he has his chance. Ridiculous, but he'll take anything at this point.

And why are they complaining about Obama being compared to a chimp when Democrats applied the term to Bush for years. Even though Obama did not write the mega pork bill - Pelosi did

Of course with his mega pork bill, Obama is doing the same thing Bush did.

Yurt
02-20-2009, 09:56 AM

doesn't that chill speech....for fear we can't say words that may offend someone. why are to assume that anytime someone mentions or draws a monkey/ape they are talking about obama. maybe planet of the apes will be a banned movie soon.

somehow the above post quoted noir...was meant for abbey's post

red states rule
02-20-2009, 10:03 AM
The cartoon has nothing to do with Obama. It is obviously an attack on its authors - the Congress of the United States.

All the outrage is either idiotically misguided, or deliberately feigned for the purpose of attacking anyone who thinks the stimulus is bad law

Little-Acorn
02-23-2009, 12:30 PM
http://media.townhall.com/Townhall/Car/b/Criticising_Obama_10_120090223031441.jpg