PDA

View Full Version : Holder: US a nation of cowards on racial matters

Yurt
02-18-2009, 03:40 PM
Holder: US a nation of cowards on racial matters

WASHINGTON – Attorney General Eric Holder described the United States Wednesday as a nation of cowards on matters of race, saying most Americans avoid discussing awkward racial issues. In a speech to Justice Department employees marking Black History Month, Holder said the workplace is largely integrated but Americans still self-segregate on the weekends and in their private lives.

"Though this nation has proudly thought of itself as an ethnic melting pot, in things racial we have always been and I believe continue to be, in too many ways, essentially a nation of cowards," said Holder, nation's first black attorney general.

Race issues continue to be a topic of political discussion, Holder said, but "we, as average Americans, simply do not talk enough with each other about race."

He urged people of all races to use Black History Month as a chance for honest discussion of racial matters, including issues of health care, education, and economic disparities.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090218/ap_on_go_ca_st_pe/holder_race

yeah, but when whites talk about race, we are racist and just don't understand....this guy is a moron and what a great way to unite the country by calling us cowards....

obama has great judgment

glockmail
02-18-2009, 03:53 PM
That's painfully obvious now that we have the Affirmative Action President. :lol:

Mr. P
02-18-2009, 04:00 PM
Holder: US a nation of cowards on racial matters

WASHINGTON – Attorney General Eric Holder described the United States Wednesday as a nation of cowards on matters of race, saying most Americans avoid discussing awkward racial issues. In a speech to Justice Department employees marking Black History Month, Holder said the workplace is largely integrated but Americans still self-segregate on the weekends and in their private lives.

"Though this nation has proudly thought of itself as an ethnic melting pot, in things racial we have always been and I believe continue to be, in too many ways, essentially a nation of cowards," said Holder, nation's first black attorney general.

Race issues continue to be a topic of political discussion, Holder said, but "we, as average Americans, simply do not talk enough with each other about race."

He urged people of all races to use Black History Month as a chance for honest discussion of racial matters, including issues of health care, education, and economic disparities.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090218/ap_on_go_ca_st_pe/holder_race

yeah, but when whites talk about race, we are racist and just don't understand....this guy is a moron and what a great way to unite the country by calling us cowards....

obama has great judgment

What a BUFFOON if he thinks those are "racial" issues!
This IS why there is still such a divide seen from Black eyes. It's racial not individual. BS!

Do we see it from Asians or any legal immigrant in this country? HELL NO! Cuz they get it..work hard get educated do a good job and you succeed!

Bill Cosby tries to tell em, but they ain't listening.

darin
02-18-2009, 04:02 PM
Of course we're cowards - threats of being fired or sued because somebody MIGHT have been offended at such discussions have driven the talks out of public earshot.

PostmodernProphet
02-18-2009, 05:54 PM
/shrugs....I didn't know I even had any awkward racial issues.....

REDWHITEBLUE2
02-18-2009, 07:01 PM
What a dumb ass.. I would get shot for being the wrong color in the Ghetto ::) NO THANKS ill stick to my own neighborhood it's much safer

Yurt
02-18-2009, 07:37 PM
you all are a bunch of crackers

PostmodernProphet
02-18-2009, 08:16 PM
puttin' on the Ritz....

red states rule
02-19-2009, 08:49 AM
So does this mean I can go out and have frank discussions with people about what I percieve as libs use of the race card?

Or does it mean that whitey is a coward and stupid for not agreeing with the racist rantings of Rev. Wright and our new Attorney General?

Yurt
02-19-2009, 09:55 AM
silence now tells some things:

1. obama fully agrees with holder

2. the msm fully agrees with holder

what i don't get is, over 50 million people vote for a black president, but americans are cowards about race. sure racism exists, notwithstanding, obama's election. it always will. its time to get over it. will smith is hollywood's most bankable actor according to forbes, so a black guy sits on top of the hollywood elite....but america is still somehow a "racist nation"

truly pathetic of the obama administration. maybe he wants to start a race war.

red states rule
02-19-2009, 09:57 AM
silence now tells some things:

1. obama fully agrees with holder

2. the msm fully agrees with holder

what i don't get is, over 50 million people vote for a black president, but americans are cowards about race. sure racism exists, notwithstanding, obama's election. it always will. its time to get over it. will smith is hollywood's most bankable actor according to forbes, so a black guy sits on top of the hollywood elite....but america is still somehow a "racist nation"

truly pathetic of the obama administration. maybe he wants to start a race war.

No, my white igorant friend.. let me school you on liberal speak

It means whites are scared to listen to blacks bitch about slavery, inequality while siting and agreeing on how evil they are

emmett
02-19-2009, 09:59 AM
so does this mean i can go out and have frank discussions with people about what i percieve as libs use of the race card?

Or does it mean that whitey is a coward and stupid for not agreeing with the racist rantings of rev. Wright and our new attorney general?

answer: B

red states rule
02-19-2009, 10:03 AM
Obama played the race card during the race, and continue to do so.

Their arrogance comes from the fact that most Americans have been intimidated by Obama's race, and thus, they have given him a "pass" on everything

Comments like Holder's would normallyh ave been questioned were it anyone else, but have been ignored since "most" are afraid of appearing racist.

crin63
02-19-2009, 10:18 AM
Watch out whitey there's a new sheriff in town. Let the reparations begin.

red states rule
02-19-2009, 10:19 AM
Watch out whitey there's a new sheriff in town. Let the reparations begin.

Speaking of sheriff's, the old women in Blazing Saddles said it best, "Up yours, Eric!"

DannyR
02-19-2009, 11:12 AM
Watch out whitey there's a new sheriff in town. Let the reparations begin.Obama's a democrat, not a Green party member or as crazy as Cynthia McKinney. While we may see things like more affirmative action, they won't actually go as far as slave reparations.

Yurt
02-19-2009, 11:27 AM
Obama's a democrat, not a Green party member or as crazy as Cynthia McKinney. While we may see things like more affirmative action, they won't actually go as far as slave reparations.

you're kidding....no dem has ever called for reparations :poke:

PostmodernProphet
02-19-2009, 01:48 PM
Obama's a democrat, not a Green party member or as crazy as Cynthia McKinney.

lol....Obama got his start in the New Party, the Green's threw them out for being too radical.....

Classact
02-19-2009, 02:55 PM
I think we should help black people with their house payments, don't you? http://www.cnbc.com/id/15840232?video=1039849853 Play the video!